Favorite Conspiracy? (or the one you believe in)

• 86 results
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

Hey, recently a movie called American Sniper came out about the most lethal sniper in US history Chris Kyle and I started looking him up. I guess to no surprise, there are some ppl saying his 150 confirmed kills are fabrication by the government, which got me thinking again about popular conspiracy theories about some events.

So what are your favorite conspiracies and/or the ones you firmly believe in?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Reptilian humanoids secretly invading our planet by masquerading as old incompetent politicians. I don't believe it, but it's a fun one.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: oh man, have you heard Louis CK asking Donald Rumsfeld if he's a lizard? it is f-ing golden.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Any conspiracy involving the American government, there's plenty to choose from.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@theht said:

Reptilian humanoids secretly invading our planet by masquerading as old incompetent politicians. I don't believe it, but it's a fun one.

Going down the rabit hole on this on Youtube is fun. People trying to analyze low quality videos and saying the pixelation proves they are lizards is hilarious.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@theht: oh man, have you heard Louis CK asking Donald Rumsfeld if he's a lizard? it is f-ing golden.

I'm listening to it now. Hooooly shit. He never denies it! Fucking amazing haha.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

My new favorite is the Phantom Time Hypothesis. The "theory" being that 614-911 AD never actually happened and the Roman Catholic Church made up all records of this period. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_time_hypothesis Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

This is closely followed by the backs of road signs being secret messages to invading armies that drive on the foreign side of American Roads. http://articles.philly.com/1995-07-29/news/25676311_1_road-signs-highway-signs-indiana

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By emfromthesea
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I really enjoy Chem Trails. I dated someone that took them very seriously for a few months. It's still funny.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Ancient aliens.

Feathered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Feathered

Gene Ray's Time Cube theory. I still don't really know what it is.

"In 1884, meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time. First words said was that only 1 day could be used on Earth to not change the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1 day and ignored the other 3 days. The bible time was wrong then and it proved wrong today. This a major lie has so much evil feed from it's wrong.

No man on Earth has no belly-button, it proves every believer on Earth a liar."

No Caption Provided

He basically says that there are four simultaneous days occurring for every one Earth day, and for some reason that's fucking things up. Or something.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By cornbredx

The assassination of Julius Caesar

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cancer, diabetes, aids, you name it, somebody probably has a cure that they're keeping a secret because otherwise they'd lose a shitload of money.

There's also various conspiracies involving religions that I am very much a believer in. (No pun intended, ha) I won't elaborate further since I'm pretty sure it could stir up the wrong kind of discussions.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my favorites have to the one about Denver International Airport.

Of course a classic is also the Nazi UFO.

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By duke_of_the_bump
No Caption Provided

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Where did hitman go? Did the illuminati get him?

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Chico becomes Quiet

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Roswell UFO incident is a fun one. I don't believe it, but I think speculation about aliens and alien agendas is always interesting from the perspective of figuring out what we fear. When Communion: A True Story is a book by American ufologist and horror author Whitley Strieber came out in teh 80s, I thought the story was interesting. Again, as an adult, I don't believe Whitley Strieber at all....but it is an interesting horror story. Aliens are a cool subject even if they are - IMO - not real.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for physicalscience
physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chu52: holy crap that is amazing lol

grtkbrandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: I'll be the one to don the tinfoil hat and say aliens are mathematically probable. It's just not likely that anything has found us and made contact.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rebel_Scum

The one about James Files being the grassy knoll gunman is very plausible. The murder of JFK and alleged murder of Marilyn Monroe are probably my favourites. ooh and Aliens man.

Not really a conspiracy theory but I find the Bermuda Triangle intriguing.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Basm321

@rebel_scum: I think the Bermuda triangle used to get people off because it throws magnetic compasses out of wack. Just what I've heard, I haven't verified it.

OT: The Fly Garic mushroom (Amanit Muscaria is responsible for the birth of Christianity and is also why santa wears red and white, even though he originally wore green and white. I forget the name of the book, but it's easily findable. Wikipedia may even mention the conspiracy on the Fly Agaric/Amanita Muscaria page

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Probably Reptilians. It's just so..... out there. I also am amused by all the different failed conspiracies to whack Fidel Castro, seriously, we went nearly Wylie Coyote levels on that guy.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stanley Kubrick directed the moon landing footage. To be fair, if I was getting someone to fake the moon landing it would probably be Stanley Kubrick.

LaszloKovacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

This shit is amazing:

Loading Video...

It's all horrible and the worst, but I do have a certain fascination in the people who are totally invested in this stuff. This guy in particular has me wanting to eat my own head after about a minute.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquiddragon said:

I just listened to that. Holy shit its hilarious, why don't he just answer no!?!? Because he is a lizard

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Paul McCartney's dead. That one's humorous to read up on from time to time.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

That Dr. Tracksuit is actually Jeff Gerstmann. I know it's not true, but there are some lunatics that think they're the same person...

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Stevie Wonder isn't blind.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/stevie-wonder-is-not-blind-the-evidence-1641795715

Sbaitso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truthism.com is the beginning and end of my conspiracy entertainment collection.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything to do with the Illuminati. Youtube is a magical place when people in the comments start discussing them.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Government coverup of aliens is fun. I was really seriously into that idea when I was about 9, and always got books about aliens out of my school's library. I've always found aliens fascinating and terrifying simultaneously.

Tangentially related is the existence of ghosts. It's not a conspiracy but it's a cool thing to read about.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily JFK assassination. Jack Ruby. All that stuff.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where did hitman go? Did the illuminati get him?

He has been gone for awhile. I thought he got banned?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my new favorite thread.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tiamatsword22

I used to like the ancient aliens stuff, but it's been so overused in everything that I got bored of it.

Also for people who believe/know conspiracy nonsense: Why does it always end up being racist?

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laszlokovacs: Oh my lord. You've got to read the comments on that video. I'm convinced this guy is screwin with everyone lol

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well I came up with a new one ... reasons why governments dont really want to hasten the space exploration age because they will lose control of the population and no longer being able to collect taxes or to rule over people ...(is always about money and power). Yeah came up with this after being heavily into Warhammer 40k and Space engineers game.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#43  Edited By Levius

I had a physics lecturer who was super into the idea that the Earth/universe is just a historical simulation, by intelligences far into the future. The crux of the idea is that we currently carry out tonnes universe simulations in astrophysics to study galaxy evolution, how the solar system formed and in a bunch of other applications. However, as computers inevitably get faster, then it is only logical that the simulations carred out would get more and more complex until they began to simulate life, including humanity. Potentially there could be millions of such simulations occurring in the future, making it statistically almost certain that we live in one of the millions of simulated pasts, rather than the one real past.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@chu52: Sort of related to that one (Which is indeed great, yeah, sure the Pope & Emperor Otto II just made up Islam. Idiots), I came across someone relatively recently who believed that the Mongol invasion never happened, because it'd mess up with his Russian nationalism which was pretty creepy. Oh the Mongols were just Tatars, and obviously never subjected the Russian people. In fact lemme just quote Wikipedia here

"the so-called "Tartars and Mongols" were the actual ancestors of the modern Russians, living in a bilingual state with Turkic spoken as freely as Russian. So, Russia and Turkey once formed parts of the same empire. This ancient Russian state was governed by a double structure of civil and military authorities and the hordes were actually professional armies with a tradition of lifelong conscription (the recruitment being the so-called "blood tax"). The Mongol "invasions" were punitive operations against the regions of the empire that attempted tax evasion. Tamerlane was probably a Russian warlord."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Chronology_(Fomenko)

Shit is bonkers

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was amazing. I was truthfully amazed. He never denied it!

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By development

@feathered said:

Gene Ray's Time Cube theory. I still don't really know what it is.

"In 1884, meridian time personnel met in Washington to change Earth time. First words said was that only 1 day could be used on Earth to not change the 1 day bible. So they applied the 1 day and ignored the other 3 days. The bible time was wrong then and it proved wrong today. This a major lie has so much evil feed from it's wrong.

No man on Earth has no belly-button, it proves every believer on Earth a liar."

No Caption Provided

He basically says that there are four simultaneous days occurring for every one Earth day, and for some reason that's fucking things up. Or something.

Isn't that the thing the Red Skull was after? Art imitates life.

Also, this is gold.

Also, I can't think of a conspiracy I believe in. I'm pretty sane.

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

Stevie Wonder isn't blind.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/stevie-wonder-is-not-blind-the-evidence-1641795715

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@basm321 said:

@rebel_scum: I think the Bermuda triangle used to get people off because it throws magnetic compasses out of wack. Just what I've heard, I haven't verified it.

Also the disappearance of Flight 19

IAmNotBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My brain almost wants to turn off because most people who have a conspiracy theory are actually quite scary and insane when they talk about what it is they believe. As well as most of the time it being so fucking petty and meaningless to have some of those theories. Just fills me with sadness really.