Favorite Fast Food Joint

• 71 results
billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

Hi everybody! I was wondering what everybody's favorite fast food joint is. And I would be interested to know what your favorite fast food restaurant is in your hometown and maybe one that you tried in a different city than your own. My favorite fast food joints are In-N-Out, Church's Chicken, A&W, Sonic, Taco Bell, KFC, Arby's, and Taco Bell.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Popeyes Chicken

And I still love Taco Bell, just not as much as when I was in college. My college town had a Taco Hut(Taco Bell and Pizza Hut in the same building) and it was a life-saver.

I've kinda gotten out of the fast food game, the older I get. I'm not anti-fast food, its just kinda not important to me anymore, plus trying to eat somewhat healthier these days

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By afabs515

Does Nathan's count? Because Nathan's fries are delicious, and the hot dogs are pretty decent. If not, Wendy's is by far my favorite of the fast food chains.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Taco Bell.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not many options in the UK, pretty much just McDonalds, Burger King, or KFC. Out of those 3 I prefer KFC but I very rarely eat there. There's also a few Five Guys here which is my favourite but I'm not sure that counts as fast food?

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as the standard fast food chains go, probably Wendy's or Arby's. Arby's mostly gets the mention for their fries, their sandwiches are mostly unremarkable.

Raspharus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does it count if I avoid eating from fast foods? I usually went for local ones(heck don't even remember the names). Oh funnily enough there is a fast food in my town called HFC(from Hot Fried Chicken lol).

No Caption Provided

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By StarvingGamer

Do taco stands count as fast food? If yes, then Taco Azteca in Glendale, CA. If no, then probably Tommy's.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Chipotle, Chick-fil-A

Taco Bell's alright too I guess. I try to avoid fast food and when I do eat it I'm never happy with the decision.

Witzig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Witzig

Popeyes chicken, Chick-fil-a, Carls Jr., Fazoli's, Arby's, and various taco stands around the valley.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Portillo's Italian Beef with hot peppers, dipped in au jus
Portillo's Italian Beef with hot peppers, dipped in au jus

Either Portillo's or Popeye's. I'll skip everything else.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Amiel's Subs and A&W

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Dan takes it to an extreme as he does all things but the answer is Taco Bell.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burger King, Wendy's, Hardee's (Carl Jr's on the West Coast), Chick-fil-a, Five Guys and Popeyes. Boston Market was awesome too for more food-type-food but the only one around me closed down a few years ago.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if it is my favorite but Culver's is really good and I want to eat some right now. I just came back from Europe and missed it while I was gone. I personally like it a little better than In-N-Out or Five guys.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm, I'd probably have to say Five Guys simply because, as someone whose favorite food is fries, the fact that I can essentially get a paper bag full of fries regardless of which size I order is a dream come true.

LobotomyKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LobotomyKing

I dont really eat fast food, but I think my fav fast food joints are Jimmy John's or Chipotle

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BradBrains

Canadian taco bell..

its like american taco bell but the beef is better and isnt paste

Avatar image for purplepartyrobot
PurplePartyRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carls Jr.. If I'm gonna have a burger from a fast food joint it better large and ridiculous to the point where I can feel my arteries clog just by looking at it. Other than that there's a local chipotle joint that I go to every now and again.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wallee321

Taco Bell, although it seems like only their new novelties and my friends wanting to go there are the only things keeping me going.

Chipotle and Five Guys, not sure if these are fast food or fast casual or if people even care.

I never understood why people (GB crew, Greg Miller) rave about Portillo's; I've always found it to be overcrowded and overpriced for the amount of food you get. I'm not sure if that is because I'm from the NW Indiana and we have a lot of different local grease pits that offer similar food at better deals and other parts of the country don't or what.

Maybe the appeal is just lost on me, like Patrick Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicle. I tried reading the first 200 pages and kept waiting for the main character to get a sucker punch / set-back, but no, it seems like that character is awesome at everything. That and I hate having to slog through a character's complete childhood, important bits or incidents fine, but not the whole darn thing. I'm dumbfounded as to why these books are popular, but if others like them then good for them.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Culver's probably. A bacon double deluxe and some crinkle fries are always delicious.

And Taco Bell, because I can always go for a taco or eight.

Hmmm, I'd probably have to say Five Guys simply because, as someone whose favorite food is fries, the fact that I can essentially get a paper bag full of fries regardless of which size I order is a dream come true.

I've been meaning to try Five Guys again, but the first time I went, the fries were just a pile of greasy soggy nastiness. Please say they got better as in there is some crunch, because I love the idea of getting a mass of fries, but they were so disappointing. This was like 5 years ago, so hopefully it's gotten better as the burger was great, but man, those fries...

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By notnert427

Five Guys is gross. I typically love food that's terrible for you, but they serve you almost pure grease. When the bun is soggy from the grease, there's a problem. I do like In-N-Out, and we have P. Terry's and Whataburger around here, which are also solid. Culver's, Steak & Shake, and Freddy's are all good every once in a while as well.

Also, Torchy's Tacos. It's barely fast food, but fucking hell, that place is good.

Another one that bears mentioning is Firehouse Subs. Place is legit.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arby's I love the roast beef

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd probably go with BGR The Burger Joint. The patties actually taste like patties and they will cook it to whatever done-ness you want. The bun and toppings are pretty good too. It's on the more expensive side, especially when compared to Five-Guys and the like but I prefer the taste a lot more.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

White Castle. Reason enough to never move out of the Midwest.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went to Culver's just now and can confirm that it's bomb diggity

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By MocBucket62

Five Guys, Chick-Fil-A, Chipotle, Krystal (Southeastern equivalent of White Castle but better) and Duchess (Connecticut Based fast food joint). If I had to pick the top one overall, probably Five Guys since their burgers and fries are SO good and I can customize the burgers any way I want them. Though if I'm in the South, I go hunting for a Chick-Fil-A or Krystal, those are not to be missed.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canadian A&W, which is different from American A&W.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I try to avoid fast food but I do enjoy a Subway sandwhich every once in a while.

nasp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wendy's and Chick-Fil-A.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I refuse to believe this exists. What do they serve, All-Canadian Food?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By cornbredx

I love Arby's and it used to be my favorite, but I know every time I eat there I'm shortening my lifespan. I love it, though.

I have taken a fondness to Jimmy John's over the past few years, though. Even if it's not completely healthy (nothing worth eating is really) it's definitely healthier and they deliver.

Taco Bell isn't bad either. It's my third favorite.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is relevant to my interests. I'm going on a road trip from Canada down the west coast of the US in September so I'm going to try and go to all the American fast food restaurants that I've never been able to eat at but are always taunting me during commercials.

Right now my list is:

• Sonic
  • Carls Jr. (I've actually been here but don't remember it)
  • Popeye's

I'm going to stop at Portillo's and Doctor Hogly Wogly's Tyler Texas BBQ as well.

As a favourite I'd have to say Wendy's. Nothing beats the baconator.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I love Arby's and it used to be my favorite, but I know every time I eat there I'm shortening my lifespan. I love it, though.

I have taken a fondness to Jimmy John's over the past few years, though. Even if it's not completely healthy (nothing worth eating is really) it's definitely healthier and they deliver.

Taco Bell isn't bad either. It's my third favorite.

You mean to tell me that a Beef N Cheddar topped with curly fries on the sandwich drenched in Arby's sauce is not good for me?

ArmedBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Portillo's. I also really love Portillo's. I guess third would be Portillo's. I'll honorable mention Culver's because I really like the fried cheese curds.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

There a small burger chain in Rockford, IL, named Beef-A-Roo. If I can't have a burger there, then I would want a butter burger from Culver's. Unfortunately, I can't get either of those here in CA, so it's usually a toss up between Five Guys and In-N-Out.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in Portland. We have collections of food carts everywhere. We're spoiled.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taco Bell Whataburger then KFC famous bowl with a side of Mac n Cheese. If I'm feeling fancy its chipotle.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brackstone said:

I refuse to believe this exists. What do they serve, All-Canadian Food?

In case you're not joking, check it out, straight up separate companies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%26W_%28Canada%29

Basically the main difference is that American A&W went with a more traditional fast food menu, while Canadian A&W, a little while after the split, started leaning heavily into the nostalgia factor, with a more classic menu to boot.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're talking true fast food, like drive through. Taco Bell. I like to defend my love of taco bell this way: if I want Mexican food I'll go to a legit Mexican restaurant; if I want taco bell that's a whole other distinction. Other than that fast food isn't my bag, I can make a good burger for pretty cheap so it's been a while since I've went to Wendy's or Five Guys.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#41  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

Berto's

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@xanadu: It's so damn good, though. I seem to often be alone in this, but I also really like their horsey sauce- so there's that too.

dobedobedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In-N-Out and Sonic. They also opened up a Smashburger near my job recently and that wasn't too bad.

PKB_Noitwont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chick-Fil-A

Sonic

Taco Bell

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Popeyes, Del Taco, Wendy's, or Inn-N-Out. Depends what I feel like.

Taco Bell is hit and miss for me, I went yesterday and holy crap, some of that stuff has way too much damn sauce in it.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I eat fast food, it's usually because I have a late night craving or something. The only ones I go to are In-n-Out and Chick Fil A. I don't go to Taco Bell ever since I got food poisoning from there.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure if it really counts as fast food but there's are schnitzel burger chain here in Australia called Schnitz that's really good. If the doesn't count then Hungry Jacks (Burger King).

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Chick-Fil-A and Chipotle. Five Guys is just as good but it costs too much. Whataburger is good too.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#50 fisk0  Moderator

Subway is probably the only place I get something relatively regularly at, and by regularly I mean about 3-4 times a year.

There's a decent burger chain named Max here in Sweden which I go to about once a year too, that's about it. When I want to eat something I usually grab a cheap sandwhich at a grocery store instead of going to fancy places.