#1 Posted by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

We've all got our favorite places to pick up food, so share them!

As a North Jersey resident, I have to plug the legendary White Mana in Hackensack. The best goddamn sliders I've ever had. There's also a nice place that sells authentic food from the West Indies. Beef patties are probably some of the best drunk/stoned food you can get.

#2 Posted by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

San Fran's also famous for fantastic food. Any suggestions from the Bomb Squad are greatly appreciated.

#3 Posted by SmithCommaJohn (156 posts) -

You going to be visiting San Francisco soon? If so, what kind of food are you into?

If you like Mexican, go to pretty much any dingy hole-in-the-wall taqueria in the Mission District. My favorite is El Farolito on 24th and Mission (particularly their al pastor), but there are a wide range of opinions on this.

For seafood, I'd check out Swan Oyster Depot in Nob Hill. Great sushi places are also a dime a dozen in this town. Really, name a type of food, and you'll probably find at least one place in San Francisco that does it amazingly well.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

Local pizzeria.

#5 Posted by Marcsman (3597 posts) -

Little Sicily in King of Prussia Pennsylvania. They rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Local pizzeria.

Everywhere else I've lived, this has been my choice, too. But ever since moving to Arizona, I can't get decent cheap pizza to save my life -_-

#7 Posted by Akeldama (4359 posts) -

Score chow? Uhhg.

#8 Posted by LimpBishop (250 posts) -

Those two times a year I am back in Denmark - there is no place that can be compared to mum's kitchen!

#9 Posted by Silvergun (298 posts) -

If you're going to San Francisco, swing by Chinatown and get some dim sum. Avoid anything that looks like it's catering to tourists, and if they are serving chicken feet, you know you're in the right place.

If you have some cash, House of Prime Rib is pretty much legendary too.

#10 Posted by Bane122 (964 posts) -

There's a Chinese place by my house in Louisville, KY called New China and a pizza place about 30 minutes out called Bonnie and Clyde's. Totally worth the drive.

Also, fuck it, I really dig a good Wendy's cheeseburger now and then.

Avatar image for zombie_shakespeare
#11 Edited by Zombie_Shakespeare (131 posts) -

I live in Plainfield, Illinois. It's right next to Joliet.

There's a nice Chinese place I order from a lot. Great fried rice. Couldn't for the life of me tell you its name.

Westfield Restaurant has good gyros and malts, average burgers and stuff. It's a weird mix.

And there's always Giordano's for pizza, though that's not just local. Good deep dish.

But if you end up in Plainfield, you have bigger problems than where to eat, because you are clearly insane.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
#12 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (951 posts) -

http://www.pizza-and.com/default.htm

The most disgustingly amazing pizza in the world.

#13 Posted by matthias2437 (992 posts) -
#14 Posted by Butler (438 posts) -

Sonic Adventure 2.

And

Any dank hole in the walls are places I love.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

Score chow? Uhhg.

I'm glad I'm not the only who groaned.

#16 Posted by Akeldama (4359 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Akeldama said:

Score chow? Uhhg.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for little_socrates
#17 Posted by Little_Socrates (5844 posts) -

I'm out in the Northwest Chicago suburbs (and you can probably triangulate my rough location based on my suggestions) but my favorites in the area are Wiener-Take-All, Giordano's Pizzeria, Firkin's, Sullivan's, and Fleming's. Those are hotdog/hamburger/etc., pizza, American, steak/fish, and fantastic steak respectively.

#18 Posted by DrHawking (218 posts) -

If you find yourself in Atlanta, you would be crazy to pass up The Vortex. Hands down the best burgers I have ever had.

#19 Posted by WickedFather (1694 posts) -

I scored a chow once, and scratched a beagle and gouged a St. Bernard, gashed a greyhound and slit a shihtzu all in the one night.  I was doing it pro cuz laydiz wuz watchannn.

#20 Edited by NMC2008 (1248 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

No Caption Provided

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Akeldama said:

Score chow? Uhhg.

You win, this thread should have ended here. LMAO!

Edit: Oh, to answer your question OP, I really dig Jack in the Box Chicken Eggrolls, ALOT!!! Fuckin, 9 at a time alot. Also, I get down on some chicken wings from a local fish market near me called Kim's Fish Market and I used to get down with Filet O'Fish from McDonalds until my local location killed Fish Fridays and I will never pay the retail price for a Filet O'Fish or Big Mac, shit I eat the Mac Wraps as a sub for Big Macs, I do miss em though, goddamnit! Taco Bell is also great. I mainly do food shopping and cook my own chow 90% of the time though.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
#21 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (256 posts) -

@jerseyscum: I love White Mana. You ever go to Cubby's down the road from there, pretty good barbecue.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
#22 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6500 posts) -

I've got a really good chow connect when I need shit....They call him "The King"....

#23 Posted by Emperor_Jimmu (263 posts) -

The Italian Fish Club, Bold Street, Liverpool. Best gran fritto misto in the UK and their house red is pretty good for £10.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
#24 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8734 posts) -

Got a grillroom diner thing closeby, open all night.

He serves all the things I love, except noodles, but his turkish pizza's and shawarma are so good I forgive him.

#25 Posted by Spoonman671 (5765 posts) -
@jerseyscum: If you live in north Jersey, then you should check out Luigi's if you ever find yourself in Monroe.  They have awesome paninis.
#26 Posted by Cloudenvy (5893 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Akeldama said:

Score chow? Uhhg.

Do people really talk like this?

#27 Posted by Akeldama (4359 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Akeldama said:

Score chow? Uhhg.

Do people really talk like this?

OP does.

#28 Posted by supermonkey122 (1201 posts) -

I also live in NJ, Morristown to be exact. Suvio's, Cluck U Chicken, and Raul's Taco Town are the places to be.

#29 Posted by WMWA (1223 posts) -

I'm from Evansville, Indiana so if you're ever there...go to Turoni's Pizza or Edgewater Grill. I live in the Philadelphia area so there my faves are Marrakesh (awesome Morroccon food), Geno's cheese steaks...and Chipotle

#30 Posted by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

@BombcastGoldthwait said:

@jerseyscum: I love White Mana. You ever go to Cubby's down the road from there, pretty good barbecue.

I really got to get Cubby's again. However, some of the southern side of the family might not approve.

#31 Posted by TheHumanDove (2520 posts) -

Im going to scoooore some chowwwwwww

#32 Posted by mikethekilla (330 posts) -

I usually go to the local taqueria if I want some quality mexican food.

#33 Posted by jerseyscum (1232 posts) -

@Akeldama said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Akeldama said:

Score chow? Uhhg.

No Caption Provided

I cringed and laughed my ass off. I wish I could edit the stupid fucking title.

#34 Posted by iam3green (14368 posts) -

there is a bar called sliders. they have great buffalo wings.

there is a mexican place that is also great.

#35 Posted by shinboy630 (1385 posts) -

As another Jersey resident, I have to drive up to Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville every so often. For more local stuff (I live in Middlesex County), its all about the Grease Trucks.