Fdge, am I pissed off @ craigslist

narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By narley

Ok so I saw this add on craigslist about a guy selling his 80 gig ps3 for $300, it was suposed to be one week old and the guy was selling  it cause he needed money to buy new tires for his car, he even had the recipt to prove it. Not only that, he was also going to give me an advent children blu-ray and the RE5 game. I saw the add yesterday, and contacted him right afther I saw it. We exchanged around 12 emails or so, working out all the details, like a meeting place for the sale, everything that I was getting for the $300, the time and so on. We were both verry specific on all the details. I even gave the guy my contact number but the guy didint feel confortable giving his, so he didint. I felt like I didint actually needed it cause we already knew when and where we were suposed to meet.
I get there and I ended up waiting for over an hour. The guy selling the ps3 never showed up. Basicly wasted my whole fathers day morning on this deal. that never came to be. I only had 1 prior experience on craigslist in the past and It was ok. I ended up selling my psp as planned.
Its horrible. I really wanted to get a ps3 this summer. Craigslist being the only option the seemed to be ok, as far as cheap new or almost new consoles go, also I prefer to meet with the seller face to face when I do bussiness.
Well, thats my experience. If you ever do some craigslist bussiness. hope you have a better one.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

Don't give up yet.  Ask the guy what happened, where was he.  You could still get it.

Supermarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Supermarius

that sucks. Did the guy ever give you a reason why he wasnt there. Maybe he was going to sell you a ps3 case full of bricks or something and chickened out. I think craigslist is like ebay where most of time its good, but sometimes people will try to screw you and theres not too much you can do about it, other than try to only use reputable sellers. I wouldnt try to buy massages off of craigslist, though.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Hrmm...

Dood didn't give you a contact number at all...he didn't show up...and you're out some hopes...

Yep, sounds like CraigsList.  Sorry to hear about it, man.  Usually, when a deal is found like that online, it's too good to be true.

HOWEVER, there is a thread here that has a coupon code for a PS3 through Dell.com that makes the 80GB come to a total of $339.  Hopefully that'll help.  = D
narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By narley
@Supermarius said:
"that sucks. Did the guy ever give you a reason why he wasnt there. Maybe he was going to sell you a ps3 case full of bricks or something and chickened out. I think craigslist is like ebay where most of time its good, but sometimes people will try to screw you and theres not too much you can do about it, other than try to only use reputable sellers. I wouldnt try to buy massages off of craigslist, though."

Lol, yea your right. massages off craigslist sound like a bad idea. As for the guy, I told him off real bad via email, wich is the only way he gave to contact him. flagged his add, but thats it. maybe he WAS trying to sell an empty shell and he'll succed at some point. if that is the case, Im happy Im not the one that went through that
narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By narley
@jakob187 said:
"Hrmm...

Dood didn't give you a contact number at all...he didn't show up...and you're out some hopes...

Yep, sounds like CraigsList.  Sorry to hear about it, man.  Usually, when a deal is found like that online, it's too good to be true.

HOWEVER, there is a thread here that has a coupon code for a PS3 through Dell.com that makes the 80GB come to a total of $339.  Hopefully that'll help.  = D
"

Thanks for the cupon. Im not to big on buying stuff online, or doing it with out seeing the seller face to face, but if I really want a ps3 for a cheaper price. This seems to be the best option so far.
Avatar image for deactivated-62acf8675bf9a
deactivated-62acf8675bf9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

maybe he didnt wanna sell it anymore lol
that sucks man hopefully you get one soon

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By natetodamax

That sucks man. How much did you sell your PSP for? PS3s are pretty cheap nowadays, so you should have enough money in no time (assuming you have a job of some sort). The first thing you should do however is contact him to see what went wrong.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
@narley said:
" @jakob187 said:
"Hrmm...

HOWEVER, there is a thread here that has a coupon code for a PS3 through Dell.com that makes the 80GB come to a total of $339.  Hopefully that'll help.  = D"
Thanks for the cupon. Im not to big on buying stuff online, or doing it with out seeing the seller face to face, but if I really want a ps3 for a cheaper price. This seems to be the best option so far. "
No problem, man.  It's pretty close to your original price (well, without shipping included yet)...so I figured I'd let ya know if you didn't know already.  Hope shit turns out alright.
narley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By narley
@natetodamax said:
"That sucks man. How much did you sell your PSP for? PS3s are pretty cheap nowadays, so you should have enough money in no time (assuming you have a job of some sort). The first thing you should do however is contact him to see what went wrong."

My psp, I sold for like 170 or 190, dont remember. It was the slim version, it was hacked, gave the guy a dvd full of games, the box, jack and daxter and metal gear portable ops all with box and manuals. Its cheap, but I made the guy drive from clairmont to san ysidro. I use the sandiego california page of craigslist