deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

kmdrkul said:
"Bluemouth said:
"Dr. Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to land on the moon, has just stated that aliens do exist and that we've been visited many times in the past. He also says Roswell was real. At 77, Mr. Mitchell has spent many years as a NASA astronaut and has been involved in extraterrestrial debriefings.

Listen to the radio interview here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1fd_1216911065&p=1

My question is for skeptics, has this changed your viewpoint? If not, then what will? Seriously? The Roswell images are the real deal, by the way, so look them up again."
I'd love to live on a planet coexisting with another intelligent species. 
"
Can you imagine the wars? ;)
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By atejas
Bluemouth said:
"You make a good point. However, the source in question has been to a number of briefings concerning aliens during his time at NASA. This sets him above the normal pilot.
"

I'm willing to bet he's retired now. And if that's the case, wouldnt he want to relive being in the spotlight?
A publicity stunt is a publicity stunt.
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Shawn
tmontana1004 said:
"I absolutely believe they exist and that the U.S. Government has been hiding it for years."
Still skeptical about claims like that.
sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By sculsoldi3r

this is awesome!

chazer127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55  Edited By chazer127

I beleive that there is life out there, but I dont think they have visited earth yet.

Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Taalon

Ignore this guy. He believes in ESP...

Brainkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Brainkiller

I believe =)

Like I said on GameSpot, if you aren't going to believe this guy then there's practically NO other person in the world you're going to believe.

and it's likely a lot of people wont believe until there's a MASSIVE UFO hovering over there city... but then again they'd probably say it was a hologram or something lol

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Oriental_Jams

I refuse to believe that we will come into contact with aliens any time soon, but I can still assume that there's life out there.

The_Real_LJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The_Real_LJ

How is he credible?  Did he offer evidence?

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By Jonathan

Meh. The universe is so big I would be surprised if there wasn't any life out there.

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Mourne

I'm a skeptic first and foremost, and what you need to sway my opinion is this: Proof. Give me some proof and then we'll talk. Until then, do you expect me to take everyone at their word? If so, I guess Sylvia Browne and James Van Pragh really are psychic.

I am open to the idea of life outside of Earth (however unlikely it is--go to school, please), but not of "aliens" in the traditional sense (UFO's, invading forces from long-distant planets, etc). People are delusional, and that's exactly why they believe in UFO's.

speciman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By speciman
Babble said:
"efrucht said:
"Of course aliens exist.... this universe is so big, so many planets, there is no way Earth is the only one containing life....
"

I totally agree, whether we have met one yet or not is up for debate, however its ignorance and arogance to think that Earth is the only planet that can sustain life.

With so many other planets and such a huge universe you have to aceapt that out all those many chances at least one more is like Earth.

Also life on another planet does not neccesarily mean it would be human in nature, it could be an insect and still be "Life". I'm suprised that people assume that if we ever find aliens they will be as smart or smarter. This is an obvious possibility but there is just as much chance that the life forms are bacteria etc."
Exactly! I totally agree!!
But some people are so narrow minded, ya know!? :S
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By get2sammyb

I think there's one thing we can all be sure of: if there is proof for Aliens and the government had the chance to cover it up -- they would have.

It annoys me that I'll probably never know the answer.

DeathStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DeathStar
twenty0ne said:
"Aliens don't exist, period.
"
I'm in his boat =)
Brainkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Brainkiller
DeathStar said:
"twenty0ne said:
"
I'm in his boat =)
"
Roflmao, that's a nice boat. Have you thought of a name for the boat yet? Boat of ignorance, stupidity floats - something along those lines.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By serbsta
Brainkiller said:
"DeathStar said:
"twenty0ne said:
"
I'm in his boat =)
"
Roflmao, that's a nice boat. Have you thought of a name for the boat yet? Boat of ignorance, stupidity floats - something along those lines.
"
Agreed... honestly... its not science fiction, you cant honestly tell me were alone in the universe... thats just ignorant.
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Taalon
serbsta said:
"Brainkiller said:
"DeathStar said:
"twenty0ne said:
"
I'm in his boat =)
"
"
Agreed... honestly... its not science fiction, you cant honestly tell me were alone in the universe... thats just ignorant.
"
Have we ever had contact with them? Have we ever even them? No. Don't call others ignorant when you have no evidence for your own opinion.
tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By tekmojo

anyone who disagrees with the possibility of life in other star systems is lying to themselves...

The_Real_LJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By The_Real_LJ
serbsta said:
"Brainkiller said:
"DeathStar said:
"twenty0ne said:
"
I'm in his boat =)
"
"
"

Ignorant means lacking knowledge.  Have you any proof to show that he is ignorant?  Last I heard there was no proof of alien existence.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By REforever101

I like to believe that aliens exist, but I dont believe theres really much proof

LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

yeah i read about that

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Hungry_bunny

It hasn't changed anything for me. It's just such a huge subject that it's hard for me to accept it without hard proof being presented in front of me.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#73  Edited By citizenkane

The probability that throughout the entire expansion of the universe only one planet has intelligent life is so infinitely small that I can't help but believe that there are aliens roaming the vast reaches of space.

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Hungry_bunny
CitizenKane said:
"The probability that throughout the entire expansion of the universe only one planet has intelligent life is so infinitely small that I can't help but believe that there are aliens roaming the vast reaches of space."
But have they walked around in New York? I also believe that there's intelligent life out there, somewhere, but it would be pretty hard for them to find our little planet.
Brainkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Brainkiller
Hungry_bunny said:
"CitizenKane said:
"The probability that throughout the entire expansion of the universe only one planet has intelligent life is so infinitely small that I can't help but believe that there are aliens roaming the vast reaches of space."
But have they walked around in New York? I also believe that there's intelligent life out there, somewhere, but it would be pretty hard for them to find our little planet.
"
You're looking at it from a standpoint of our technology, with our technology it is ludicrously hard maybe impossible to find a planet and know if it has life on it... Whereas with super advanced technology which aliens could have it might not be a problem for them.

HavQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By HavQ

I think their existence is real, but unlike all sci-fi movies say, I don't think they can be so ahead of our time.
I'm not sceptic by any means, but what if this man just wants to believe? If he'd had seen something and told the public about it, his death report would be in public not long after.

Christopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Christopper

Of course Aliens exist!

Men In Black Anyone!?! duh!

Hungry_bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Hungry_bunny
Brainkiller said:
"Hungry_bunny said:
"CitizenKane said:
"
You're looking at it from a standpoint of our technology, with our technology it is ludicrously hard maybe impossible to find a planet and know if it has life on it... Whereas with super advanced technology which aliens could have it might not be a problem for them.

"
A technology of that level would be God-like. A technology of that kind wouldn't let a space ship randomly crash in Rosswell...

...basically i will always have doubts about there being an all-mighty super alien race out there or that they would care enough to find this primitive planet. Until I see undeniable proof.
Couse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Couse

Anyone ever see that alien interview? That shit was creepy.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#80  Edited By Aarny91

I believe.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Silverain

I like how people who believe aliens exist act like people who don't are ignorant, closeminded idiots.

Look, here's the thing: there is no proof aliens exist. None. At all. Whatsoever. All you have to back up your opinion that they do exist is "the universe is biiiiiiiiiig!!" and "your an idiot if you think different." Sorry, but that's not proof. The universe is big? Then why do aliens *have* to exist? Why not dragons or pixies or unicorns? After all, they're JUST AS LIKELY to exist in such a big universe as intelligent life.

And for some reason, anyone who claims to have seen aliens are usually drunkards or schizos or, in this case, crazy former astronauts. From the other topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell

Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth. In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has ignored, including consciousness research and psychic events.

Mitchell says that a teenage remote healer who lives in Vancouver and uses the pseudonym Adam Dreamhealer, helped heal him of kidney cancer at a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy (the definitive test for cancer), "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December of 2003 until June of 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since."

How anyone believes this crap is credible is beyond me and whatever intelligent life that may be out there. But I do not believe aliens exist, and if you want to prove that they do, why not show me something other than crop circles and "lol the universe is huge, your ignorant"?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By DualReaver

I think it's silly to believe there isn't life somewhere else.
Our planet can't be the only one even if the other life is just bacteria or something.

As for lil green space man visiting Earth?
Fuck no.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Silverain
DualReaver said:
"I think it's silly to believe there isn't life somewhere else.
Our planet can't be the only one even if the other life is just bacteria or something.

Fuck no.
"
Thank you. And yes, bacteria has been found on mars. So technically, there is life on other planets. But so far, nothing intelligent.
Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Bluemouth
Silverain said:
"DualReaver said:

Fuck no.
"
Thank you. And yes, bacteria has been found on mars. So technically, there is life on other planets. But so far, nothing intelligent.
"
What is supposedly real evidence you refuse to believe, so it's your own fault. Roswell is true. The British alien files are being released over the next four years to the public - who knows what will be in those. Perhaps you'll be silenced then.

And you can criticize the source from what you've read on Wikipedia, that's fine. But I really don't see how you can just block out the possibility of intelligent life out there. Surely you understand why you get labelled 'ignorant'?
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Silverain
Bluemouth said:
"Silverain said:
"DualReaver said:

Fuck no.
"
"
What is supposedly real evidence you refuse to believe, so it's your own fault. Roswell is true. The British alien files are being released over the next four years to the public - who knows what will be in those. Perhaps you'll be silenced then.

And you can criticize the source from what you've read on Wikipedia, that's fine. But I really don't see how you can just block out the possibility of intelligent life out there. Surely you understand why you get labelled 'ignorant'?
"
"Roswell is true! It's true!!!! TRUE!!!!"

A weather balloon broke up and crashed at Roswell. There are no aliens about that bullcrap. As for the British alien files (*snicker*), who knows? I guess I'll have to wait four years for what will more likely than not be another case of crazies.

I don't block out the possibility; I just don't believe the silly claims of silly people about little green men flying around in giant plates.
Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Bluemouth
Couse said:
"Anyone ever see that alien interview? That shit was creepy.
"
It was really creepy. Are you referring to the one with the voice over? I wouldn't be surprised if that's real. The alien is similar to Roswell's. Have you watched the autopsy?
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Silverain

I'm absolutely certain that aliens flew billions of light years to planet Earth so they could get a spot on A&E.

Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Bluemouth

You know, your belief in God is not dissimilar to my and others' belief in aliens.

Why are you correct though?

I could argue that man created God because of the fear that nothing happens once we die. I could then ask you for proof of its existence. And I would laugh if you quoted the bible because it blatantly ignores the dinosaurs, which I consider a vast gap in knowledge from an all-knowing being. Unless, of course, He was waiting until later to reveal all His surprises ...

You see what I'm getting at?

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By DualReaver

:D
Bluemouth you are such a silly goose.
( I honestly have no fucking idea what to say to you at all, seriously like wtf?)

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Silverain

Oh, the Christian doesn't believe aliens exist! Teh oxymoron! Nobody's ever said THAT before. . . .

I say the universe is so huge, God MUST exist.

Tell you what: if I see aliens, I'll believe they exist, even if I can't prove my seeing them. But first I need to be convinced that they are aliens.

HoldSteady828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By HoldSteady828

Argument from authority is a classic logical fallacy.

"Some dude saw it" does not count as evidence.

Master_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Master_Chief

Religion versus Aliens debate is stupid. The Vatican even says Alien life is possible proving the point that you don't need to be an atheist to believe in aliens.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By DualReaver

I'm an Atheist and think Aliens don't exist? ( Not the kind you're referring too.)
What do you gotta say to that, smrt guy.

And if Aliens did exist and came in contact with Earth, why the fuck would the gov't who kept it secret so long all the sudden release these files?
Wouldn't that be you know a...... Big deal?

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Silverain
Master_Chief said:
"Religion versus Aliens debate is stupid. The Vatican even says Alien life is possible proving the point that you don't need to be an atheist to believe in aliens.
"
We aren't having a religion versus aliens argument. He's saying I believe in God, so why not aliens?

I don't not believe in aliens because I'm religious, and I'm aware of the Vatican's stance on the issue.
Master_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Master_Chief

You misunderstood the point is that some people think that believing in alien life somehow negates religion. 

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By atejas

I find it funny how aliens who are supposedly advanced enough to travel billions of light-years and are smart enough to avoid being seen by everyone cant fucking anaesthasise the people they abduct.
I also find it funny how everybody who has encountered an alien saw it doing something stupid...like that most recent one? It walked up to his window at night. And stared inside. While he happened to be filming.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Silverain
Master_Chief said:
"You misunderstood the point is that some people think that believing in alien life somehow negates religion. 
"
And I'm not one of them. And I don't see any of them in this topic.
Master_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Master_Chief

You really believe that in the 13.73 billion years that the universe has existed that we (earth is 4.55 billion) are the only life that has formed? The staggering odds of life existing in the universe is amazing.

MGS9150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MGS9150

Although I do believe in Aliens I do not think Roswell is real. If aliens did visit us it would mean that they are millions of years ahead of us in technology. If they are so advanced that they can travel billions of light years to visit other planets how would their hyper advanced spaceship crash due to a severe thunderstorm? Even airplanes can fly through thunderstorms, get hit by lighting and still survive. Also, if America did have the remains of an alien ship it would be years and years ahead of every country in terms of technology because they could reverse engineer what was on the ship. Although America is ahead of most countries technologically it is not the most advanced which means that they don't have access to alien technology.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By DualReaver
Master_Chief said:
"You really believe that in the 13.73 billion years that the universe has existed that we (earth is 4.55 billion) are the only life that has come to be? The staggering odds of life existing in the universe is amazing.
"
I don't think anyone is denying that, just the fact that they came to Earth hasn't and probably isn't going to happen.
There is a chance there is intelligent life somewhere else, and it's almost fact that there is some form of life existing else where as well.