Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By atejas
Silverain said:
"Master_Chief said:
"You misunderstood the point is that some people think that believing in alien life somehow negates religion. 
"
And I'm not one of them. And I don't see any of them in this topic.
"
wait, you really expect to find aliens on a forum for videogames?
Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Thunder

Theres no way that earth can be the only form of life in the universe

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Silverain
Master_Chief said:
"You really believe that in the 13.73 billion years that the universe has existed that we (earth is 4.55 billion) are the only life that has formed? The staggering odds of life existing in the universe is amazing.
"
Did you see where I explicitly stated that there is life on other planets (in the form of bacteria)? I don't deny life on other planets; I deny intelligent life on other planets, and I deny that we have been visited by intelligent life from other planets. When you start claiming the certainty of a specific kind of life on other planets (such as intelligent life) based on the size of the universe, then I can easily claim certainty of dragons and deities on other planets, since the universe is so big they *HAVE* to exist.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By DualReaver

I really feel this is needed in this Forum. This is for you Bluemouth.

caption
caption

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By atejas
Silverain said:
"Master_Chief said:
"You really believe that in the 13.73 billion years that the universe has existed that we (earth is 4.55 billion) are the only life that has formed? The staggering odds of life existing in the universe is amazing.
"
Did you see where I explicitly stated that there is life on other planets (in the form of bacteria)? I don't deny life on other planets; I deny intelligent life on other planets, and I deny that we have been visited by intelligent life from other planets.
"
Why dont you believe in the opssibility of intelligent life?(agreeing that visitations are a hoax)
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Silverain
atejas said:
"Silverain said:
"Master_Chief said:
"
Did you see where I explicitly stated that there is life on other planets (in the form of bacteria)? I don't deny life on other planets; I deny intelligent life on other planets, and I deny that we have been visited by intelligent life from other planets.
"
Why dont you believe in the opssibility of intelligent life?(agreeing that visitations are a hoax)
"
I never said I don't believe in the possibility of intelligent life (anything is possible); I just don't believe the arguments used to justify in belief in intelligent life, and other than a big universe I don't really see any reason to think they exist.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By atejas
DualReaver said: DualReaver said:
"I really feel this is needed in this Forum. This is for you Bluemouth and Master Chief!
caption
caption

"

you do know that master_chief doesnt believe in visitations, right?
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DualReaver
atejas said:
"DualReaver said: DualReaver said:
"I really feel this is needed in this Forum. This is for you Bluemouth and Master Chief!
caption
caption

"

you do know that master_chief doesnt believe in visitations, right?
"
OH crap ma bad I'll edit that than.
Thanks for the heads up. lol
Taalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Taalon
Silverain said:
"I like how people who believe aliens exist act like people who don't are ignorant, closeminded idiots.

Look, here's the thing: there is no proof aliens exist. None. At all. Whatsoever. All you have to back up your opinion that they do exist is "the universe is biiiiiiiiiig!!" and "your an idiot if you think different." Sorry, but that's not proof. The universe is big? Then why do aliens *have* to exist? Why not dragons or pixies or unicorns? After all, they're JUST AS LIKELY to exist in such a big universe as intelligent life.

And for some reason, anyone who claims to have seen aliens are usually drunkards or schizos or, in this case, crazy former astronauts. From the other topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell

Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth. In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has ignored, including consciousness research and psychic events.

Mitchell says that a teenage remote healer who lives in Vancouver and uses the pseudonym Adam Dreamhealer, helped heal him of kidney cancer at a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy (the definitive test for cancer), "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December of 2003 until June of 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since."

How anyone believes this crap is credible is beyond me and whatever intelligent life that may be out there. But I do not believe aliens exist, and if you want to prove that they do, why not show me something other than crop circles and "lol the universe is huge, your ignorant"?
"
You sir, deserve to be a mod.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By atejas
Silverain said:
"atejas said:
"Silverain said:
"Master_Chief said:
"
"
"
I never said I don't believe in the possibility of intelligent life (anything is possible); I just don't believe the arguments used to justify in belief in intelligent life, and other than a big universe I don't really see any reason to think they exist.
"

ah...so you dont believe in proven intelligent life.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Silverain
Taalon said:
"Silverain said:
"I like how people who believe aliens exist act like people who don't are ignorant, closeminded idiots.

Look, here's the thing: there is no proof aliens exist. None. At all. Whatsoever. All you have to back up your opinion that they do exist is "the universe is biiiiiiiiiig!!" and "your an idiot if you think different." Sorry, but that's not proof. The universe is big? Then why do aliens *have* to exist? Why not dragons or pixies or unicorns? After all, they're JUST AS LIKELY to exist in such a big universe as intelligent life.

And for some reason, anyone who claims to have seen aliens are usually drunkards or schizos or, in this case, crazy former astronauts. From the other topic:

Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth. In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has ignored, including consciousness research and psychic events.

Mitchell says that a teenage remote healer who lives in Vancouver and uses the pseudonym Adam Dreamhealer, helped heal him of kidney cancer at a distance. Mitchell said that while he never had a biopsy (the definitive test for cancer), "I had a sonogram and MRI that was consistent with renal carcinoma." Adam worked (distantly) on Mitchell from December of 2003 until June of 2004, when the "irregularity was gone and we haven't seen it since."

How anyone believes this crap is credible is beyond me and whatever intelligent life that may be out there. But I do not believe aliens exist, and if you want to prove that they do, why not show me something other than crop circles and "lol the universe is huge, your ignorant"?
"
"
Thank you.

And yes, yes I do. 8)
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DualReaver
Silverain said:
"Taalon said:
"Silverain said:

"
"
Thank you.

And yes, yes I do. 8)
"
Can I be your sidekick? :D
dj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By dj

They are definitely out there. However I think they are way out of our reach, for now.

Master_Chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Master_Chief
DualReaver said:
"Master_Chief said:
"You really believe that in the 13.73 billion years that the universe has existed that we (earth is 4.55 billion) are the only life that has come to be? The staggering odds of life existing in the universe is amazing.
"
I don't think anyone is denying that, just the fact that they came to Earth hasn't and probably isn't going to happen.
There is a chance their is intelligent life somewhere else, and it's almost fact that there is some form of life existing else where as well.
"
I agree I don't know how advanced they are or if they have visited Earth, but I strongly disagree with anyone who states that there is no other life in the universe period. As far as space travel goes you really don't need to be faster than light to travel if you can bend space time to suit your needs. Lets say that the other alien life has existed for 1 million or billion years before then modern homosapien, that's still a lot of time for science to advance, considering how far humans have advanced in the past century. Though who knows other alien life could advance in the opposite way taking eons to advance to a stone age. That's the great thing about this, we dont know and there are so many possibilities in the universe.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Silverain
atejas said:
"Silverain said:

ah...so you dont believe in proven intelligent life."
Exactly.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Silverain
DualReaver said:
"Silverain said:
"Taalon said:
"Silverain said:

"
"
Thank you.

And yes, yes I do. 8)
"
"
Only if you wear this: http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/21748.jpg

Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Bluemouth
Dj said:
"They are definitely out there. However I think they are way out of our reach, for now."

But we are not out of theirs. ;)
capitanm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By capitanm1

My instructor in college told me that he thinks aliens are us in the future but evolved. And he thinks the ones we see are just punk teenagers from the future messing with us. :)

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Silverain
Bluemouth said:
"Dj said:
"They are definitely out there. However I think they are way out of our reach, for now."

But we are not out of theirs. ;)"
I sure hope they tell us how to travel faster than light, or if they can't, how to live for millions of years.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By atejas
Silverain said:
"DualReaver said:
"Silverain said:
"Taalon said:
"Silverain said:

"
"
Thank you.

And yes, yes I do. 8)
"
"
Only if you wear this: http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/21748.jpg

"
if it turns out Dualreaver's a guy........
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By DualReaver
Bluemouth said:
"Dj said:

I want an answer to my earlier question Bluemouth.
If Aliens did in fact exist and the government kept them hidden. Why would they start releasing the "Alien files" to the public?
Wouldn't that be a huge deal?

I can't see people just shrugging at the fact that Aliens have visited us.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Silverain
capitanm1 said:
"My instructor in college told me that he thinks aliens are us in the future but evolved. And he thinks the ones we see are just punk teenagers from the future messing with us. :)
"
Great, so now that I'm going into college, I find out that the professors are just as crazy as the rest of us. Perfect.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Silverain
atejas said:
"Silverain said:
"DualReaver said:
"Silverain said:
"Taalon said:
"Silverain said:

"
"
Thank you.

And yes, yes I do. 8)
"
"

"
"
I assumed that he's a guy.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By DualReaver
atejas said:
"Silverain said:
"DualReaver said:
"Silverain said:
"Taalon said:
"Silverain said:

"
"
Thank you.

And yes, yes I do. 8)
"
"

"
"
Dualreaver is a guy. D':
I was hoping for more of a badge and a cowboy hat kind of thing.
Brainkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Brainkiller
Silverain said:
"My instructor in college told me that he thinks aliens are us in the future but evolved. And he thinks the ones we see are just punk teenagers from the future messing with
"
lol, that makes sense.
Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Bluemouth

And just to clarify, my religious comment meant: if you're religious, yet God hasn't been proven, then isn't there a continuity gap in the way you approach certain topics?

Such as this one.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Silverain

Of course you're a guy. There are no women on the Internet.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By atejas
Bluemouth said:
"And just to clarify, my religious comment meant: if you're religious, yet God hasn't been proven, then isn't there a continuity gap in the way you approach certain topics?

Such as this one."

the central tenet of religion is faith, which, by definition, is belief without proof.
Again, nobody's denying the overwhelming possibility of life, or even the possibility of intelligent life, we just think that if something as momentous as an alien crashing in a desert occured, there would be more proof.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By atejas
Silverain said:
"Of course you're a guy. There are no women on the Internet.
"

touche.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Silverain
Bluemouth said:
"And just to clarify, my religious comment meant: if you're religious, yet God hasn't been proven, then isn't there a continuity gap in the way you approach certain topics?

Such as this one."
Simple: I believe in my own experiences, but not necessarily the experiences of others. Like I said, if I see aliens, and I'm sure they are aliens and not a costume or something, then I'll believe they exist, even if people think I'm crazy for it.
Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Bluemouth
DualReaver said:
"Bluemouth said:
"Dj said:

If Aliens did in fact exist and the government kept them hidden. Why would they start releasing the "Alien files" to the public?

"
Yes, yes, yes, you make a good point and I can't answer it to your satisfaction because I'm not an expert. According to the apparently useless source I used in this thread, based upon Wikipedia evidence mind you, it's now just everyday acceptance that aliens exist (with some obvious people as exceptions ...) So, according to the Doctor, it won't come as a surprise to find out the truth. In fact, we've been suspicious of government cover-ups for years. This action from the British government is apparently a: "Yes, we accept that aliens exist and we've decided it's now time to reveal what has been kept from the public over the last 60+ years."

Are you satisfied with this answer?
capitanm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By capitanm1
Silverain said:
"capitanm1 said:
"My instructor in college told me that he thinks aliens are us in the future but evolved. And he thinks the ones we see are just punk teenagers from the future messing with us. :)
"
Great, so now that I'm going into college, I find out that the professors are just as crazy as the rest of us. Perfect.
"
Well its an instructor from the medical field so rest easily. Sometimes we go totally off topic in class and start discussions like this.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By atejas
Bluemouth said:
"DualReaver said:
"Bluemouth said:
"Dj said:

"
Yes, yes, yes, you make a good point and I can't answer it to your satisfaction because I'm not an expert. According to the apparently useless source I used in this thread, based upon Wikipedia evidence mind you, it's now just everyday acceptance that aliens exist (with some obvious people as exceptions ...) So, according to the Doctor, it won't come as a surprise to find out the truth. In fact, we've been suspicious of government cover-ups for years. This action from the British government is apparently a: "Yes, we accept that aliens exist and we've decided it's now time to reveal what has been kept from the public over the last 60+ years."

Are you satisfied with this answer?
"

I'll come back to that in 4+ years.
Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Bluemouth
atejas said:
"Bluemouth said:

Such as this one."

the central tenet of religion is faith, which, by definition, is belief without proof.
Again, nobody's denying the overwhelming possibility of life, or even the possibility of intelligent life, we just think that if something as momentous as an alien crashing in a desert occured, there would be more proof."
I know, my comment was directed squarely at Silverain.
DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By DualReaver
Bluemouth said:
"atejas said:
"Bluemouth said:

Such as this one."

Again, nobody's denying the overwhelming possibility of life, or even the possibility of intelligent life, we just think that if something as momentous as an alien crashing in a desert occured, there would be more proof."
"
Silverrain isn't denying the chance of intelligent life, he/she just believes they/you have no proof of it. And thinks they have never visited Earth.
Religeon is a different thing, it's a faith.
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Silverain
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Silverain

*ahem* Religious faith is more synonymous with trust than belief in spite of evidence (or lack thereof), but thanks for the props. . . .

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By atejas

Mitchell says he got into ESP because of his 'religious upbringing'
were his parents $cientologists or something?
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By atejas
Silverain said:
"*ahem* Religious faith is more synonymous with trust than belief in spite of evidence (or lack thereof), but thanks for the props. . . .
"
'lack of tangible evidence'
fix'd
Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Silverain
atejas said:
"
Mitchell says he got into ESP because of his 'religious upbringing'
were his parents $cientologists or something?"
It sounds like a Wiccan concept. Contacting spirits to gain insight on the minds and workings of other people is a big psychic thing. I don't know if Scientologists do that.
Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Bluemouth

DualReaver said:

"Bluemouth said:
"atejas said:
"Bluemouth said:

Such as this one."

"
Silverrain isn't denying the chance of intelligent life, he/she just believes they/you have no proof of it. And thinks they have never visited Earth.
"

Many times throughout this topic Silverain has said: "I don't believe aliens exist." That is a personal statement or opinion denying the existance of aliens.

And even so, my belief in aliens (look, now I sound like I'm in a cult or something) doesn't have any 100% solid proof at this stage. Therefore I'm basing my beliefs on faith as well. So in the end, it's not a different thing.

Yes, I'm aware Mitchell has said some crazy things in the past. I just wanted you to look up some sources. But just because he's said one or two stupid things means the rest of what he has to say should be immediately discarded? I wish I had a perfect example to put in here, but I'm too tired. Thanks for the debate.

Silverain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Silverain
Bluemouth said:
""

DualReaver said:

"Bluemouth said:
"atejas said:
"Bluemouth said:

Such as this one."

"
"

Many times throughout this topic Silverain has said: "I don't believe aliens exist." That is a personal statement or opinion denying the existance of aliens.

"
"I don't believe aliens exist." Not "I believe aliens don't exist." There's big difference. I'm agnostic on the matter, slightly favoring their non-existence.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Verdugo

I'm a believer in Extraterrestrial Life, and that they have visited us.

Not going into discussion.

Guiltyspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Guiltyspark

its good to here credible people coming out with this info , we really need governments to make public statements admitting this so we as a planet can start working as a fucking team

boxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By boxman

hmm maybe still unsure. i think no but i would not be surpirse if there were

boxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By boxman
capitanm1 said:
"
that sounds a little cookoo but i guess u never know
Avatar image for microwavedapple
microwavedapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#147  Edited By microwavedapple

I believe aliens exist and that they visit Earth quite regularly. Perhaps even on a monthly basis. The governments know this, and have even communicated with them, and dissected some of their bodies.

Of course, this is just my crazy speculation.

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By jonnyp
kmdrkul said:
"Bluemouth said:
"Dr. Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to land on the moon, has just stated that aliens do exist and that we've been visited many times in the past. He also says Roswell was real. At 77, Mr. Mitchell has spent many years as a NASA astronaut and has been involved in extraterrestrial debriefings.

Listen to the radio interview here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1fd_1216911065&p=1

My question is for skeptics, has this changed your viewpoint? If not, then what will? Seriously? The Roswell images are the real deal, by the way, so look them up again."
I'd love to live on a planet coexisting with another intelligent species. 
"
i'd love to live on a planet coexisting with one intelligent species...
Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Mourne
Silverain said:
"Mitchell's interests include consciousness and paranormal phenomena. During the Apollo 14 flight he conducted private ESP experiments with his friends on Earth. In early 1973, he founded the nonprofit Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) to conduct and sponsor research into areas that mainstream science has ignored, including consciousness research and psychic events.

How anyone believes this crap is credible is beyond me and whatever intelligent life that may be out there. But I do not believe aliens exist, and if you want to prove that they do, why not show me something other than crop circles and "lol the universe is huge, your ignorant"?"
I didn't even bother reading up on the guy, as I'm familiar with similar "famous" people jumping at ESP and the like at a whim--this fails to surprise me at all. Just because this guy was an astronaut doesn't really mean anything at all. ESP and psychic phenomena is even more unlikely than an alien invasion, and in fact, you can claim $1,000,000 should you wish to prove either. James Randi's Education Foundation has offered the prize for many, many years now... And you're probably not surprised to learn that no one has even passed the preliminary stage. Prove any occult, paranormal, or supernatural power/event and it's all yours--go ahead, go, go go... *crickets*

To whoever mentioned God: I'm a fervent atheist, personally, so that argument doesn't really apply to me either. People can believe whatever they want, including that of invisible deities, but I at least ask that when it comes to believing fellow (modern) humans you consider the facts. If you want to believe in faith healers, go ahead, but let's examine one of two possibilities here: 1) A guy is talking to God and earning tons of money; or the perhaps more likely solution: 2) A guy is talking to someone who is giving him information on the subjects.

Let's take a look at Peter Popoff--he was the single most famous faith healer of the late 80's and 90's. Televangelists everywhere jumped on board, and let's just say Popoff doesn't rely on this business so much anymore. Why? Well, he lost.

I offer this example as really just a way to show you that humans can deceive other humans by means we're familiar with. This guy exploited the faith of others for money, and actually ended up killing some of them (by having them not seek traditional treatment).
Bluemouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Bluemouth
Mourne said:
To whoever mentioned God: I'm a fervent atheist, personally, so that argument doesn't really apply to me either.
No, look, again you are missing the point of what I said. I did not accuse him of disbelieving in aliens due to his religion, I simply meant: you have faith in God, why not in aliens because evidence such as the interview from the opening post are in a way like the "evidence" from the bible.