Following on from "Why do you create?" show off your work here!!

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lysergica33

I did a thread like this before for musicians to show off their stuff, but the recent thread that asked why artists of giant bomb (of any and all fields) inspired me to start another one, this time for artists of all kinds.

Shameless self-promotion is the order of the day here, so go wild. Show off your art, link to your websites and band-pages, your gallery, your digital portfolios, whatever. Show off your work here!

I shall start by posting the latest track by my intercontinental metal trio Slice The Cake

Your turn!! (:

runnah555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By runnah555

I created another human. That has to count for something.

Not a bad track, feels like a few genres mixed in. I am more of a viking/castle and dragon/melodic metal fan myself. But you say trio? Must have done a bit of studio work to accomplish this.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By envane

just a little something ive been pretty lazy about self promoting , new album , weirdly sentimental music to me , i understand its not everyone's cup of tea etc.

heh somehow i also really like the sirens song ,always envy guitar/drum work of that detail at that speed etc

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By crusader8463

While college destroyed my love of drawing, it did develop a love for messing around in photoshop. Sadly that too has been a long time since I played around with it, but these were the last few I made about a year or two back. I like the idea of mashing up photos for things that could never be together.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
capt_ventris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By capt_ventris

Hi.

I spend most of my time writing, but when I get the chance I love to paint toy soliders.

I've been doing it for about 10 years now and I don't think I'll ever stop.

This unit is perhaps the one that I have put the most effort into, overall it took about 90 hours of work to produce. Thank god for podcasts!

A unit of Empire Swordsmen (hailing from the province of Averland) from Warhammer.
A unit of Empire Swordsmen (hailing from the province of Averland) from Warhammer.
A clearer picture taken by Games Workshop (they have some pretty nice cameras! )
A clearer picture taken by Games Workshop (they have some pretty nice cameras! )
Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson
No Caption Provided

Again, sorry for the bad picture. This is the dish that won me my first AA Rosette. Rack of lamb, Fondant potato, Braised lamb neck spring roll, stock braised veg, pan fried nutmeg baby spinach, soused tomato, roast parsnip puree, parsley jelly, ale gravy. Not the best looking thing I have created but this started me off on the right track.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By super2j

Well i made images like this just in the last few days. The Gabe Newell's were for my friend. I feel good about all of these, so i wanted a place to share them

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Baillie

@Imsorrymsjackson: I've never eaten something like that - well I have - just not so professionally, you know?

Anyway, what I want to know is what is the fascination with basically having nothing on the plate? I am a very skinny dude and that would not fill me up, at all. So what's the point in it?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By crusader8463

@Imsorrymsjackson: I'm sure you get this all the time, but do people actually pay for that and consider that a meal or is it just something for the sake of art? There's like nothing to that. It's nice too look at in photos but if someone served me that I would ask where the rest of the meal was or think it was something they gave you to hold you over until your full meal came like bread.

JOSHardson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JOSHardson

I have a GB thread with all of the short films that I've helped make in the last year. I could use a bump actually, so if you're compelled, leave a comment. http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/off-topic/31/i-need-feedback-on-a-comedy-short-i-helped-film/551485/

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@Baillie said:

@Imsorrymsjackson: I've never eaten something like that - well I have - just not so professionally, you know?

Anyway, what I want to know is what is the fascination with basically having nothing on the plate? I am a very skinny dude and that would not fill me up, at all. So what's the point in it?

@crusader8463 said:

@Imsorrymsjackson: I'm sure you get this all the time, but do people actually pay for that and consider that a meal or is it just something for the sake of art? There's like nothing to that. It's nice too look at in photos but if someone served me that I would ask where the rest of the meal was or think it was something they gave you to hold you over until your full meal came like bread.

That was one of 7 courses that I worked on for 3 months, it was just the right amount of food for everyone who had it and was considered a triumph. The eyes are the first thing to register taste in your palette, if it looks like shit you assume it will taste like shit, if it looks pretty and looks like someone has taken their time over it then the appreciation and enjoyment of the dish goes up, as well as being able to charge the prices we were charging. Fine dining is all about precision and finesse, you cant just throw it all on a plate and people who are coming to eat it know that, I had a bistro attached to my restaurant where you could get fish and chips, steak pies, roast chickens and enormous sticky puddings, fine dining just has a refined taste where every mouthful has to be amazing, no matter what order they eat the food in, so piling it up on the plate just doesnt work.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Baillie

@Imsorrymsjackson: No, I know I totally get the point. The problem is if I were to go to a fine dining restaurant, I'd enjoy what you served me, but I'd go home hungry and eat whatever. Isn't that the point of eating? To satisfy my hunger?

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bell_End

I dabble a little with 3DS Max. these are just some pics i have handy

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
i also made a plastcine zombie
i also made a plastcine zombie
Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Scrawnto

I haven't really drawn anything worth posting in ages, but this one from a couple years back made an appearance in the intro to Lemon's Lens:

No Caption Provided

I was pretty proud of that. Normally, my colorblindness makes this sort of thing nigh-impossible. I think it was mostly luck that this one worked out.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By That1BlackGuy

Shameless self-promotion!? I like this thread, here are some of my ads from my Vita catalog a while back with a random Cola one thrown in. The first one is a concept, the third one is the campaign I went with.

For all advertisements and articles click my profile/mini bio or go to: http://franksheppardc.tumblr.com/

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By salarn
No Caption Provided

I like to paint to work non-math parts of my brain. ( I had a logo phase )

No Caption Provided

I like to build to have a physical representation of my efforts. ( 4p arcade cabin progress)

But depending on time and situation I still end up coding to be creative because it's in my blood.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d48c59b057e6
deactivated-5d48c59b057e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

I make games.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

They aren't much to look at; I've been making games for just over a year, having never gone to school for computer science, programming, art, or the like (I hold an English degree and have worked in call centres since graduation). Those screens are from my second, sixth, and upcoming seventh games respectively (EscapeOut, Apocalypse Later, & I Get This Call Every Day). I even turned the story of how I got into game development into an interactive fiction that includes all my games within it. I also host my free games over on my personal website.

I Get This Call Every Day is the first game I am going to sell for real monies.

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By wrecks
envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By envane

@Capt_Ventris: nice! brings me back , did you do many conversions or is it mainly just the painting that sucked up your time , looks great :)

Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

@Baillie said:

@Imsorrymsjackson: No, I know I totally get the point. The problem is if I were to go to a fine dining restaurant, I'd enjoy what you served me, but I'd go home hungry and eat whatever. Isn't that the point of eating? To satisfy my hunger?

Depends on what menu you ordered from, I have a massive appetite and the 7 course tasting I had on was easily enough for any hunger.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By JerichoBlyth

This is my friend's work but just thought I'd post it here anyway since I have no talent lol

First song from his instrumental album (still to be titled) Bunch of other tracks on his channel.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pezen

Got a few photos up at http://www.500px.com/pezen, I'll be adding more as time goes on. But I've just recently begun experimenting with that site and RAW photography specifically. Doing all the post-processing myself is pretty fun but time consuming.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I like this. It's fun to play on the piano, but sounds better with a vibraphone and a rhodes piano.

It's technically a MIDI rendition, but the driver is all right and sounds pretty decent. My playing is still pretty bad (just picked up the piano about four months ago), but then again so is my writing. I'll admit one of the lines here is a variation on a Nobuo Uematsu theme... and I can't even remember which one it was, since I've written this on and off since 2010.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Dixavd

My sister doesn't frequent the forums (but she listens to the Bombcast with me sometimes and watches a lot of Giantbomb videos - in fact she recommends Giantbomb as the best place to go for honest video game information to people when she talks to people at her tables in conventions) is a manga artist and has published her own book.

No Caption Provided

She really likes video games and does a lot of commissions based off of them (due to them being commissions from others it is legal - she just cannot sell prints of her work with copyrighted characters). Here is a link to the different things she sells (from realistic portraits, to things from her book, to commissions of someone's favourite Pokémon team).

This is my personal favourite image she has released online (as an example of a videogame commission someone could ask for) which I got from her Facebook page.

No Caption Provided

And no, she doesn't know I'm doing this (which is why I picked images which I know she already has online somewhere). Hopefully a couple people will see this and check out more of her work and I might here her say "there was a random increase in users to my site" - that would be awesome.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jimbo
Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dixavd

@Jimbo: That's great - reminds me of a mix of Wind Waker and ICO.

Just saw that it was a remix of a song from Castle in the Sky - no wonder it sounded semi-familiar (I feel bad that I didn't realise it immediately)

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sinusoidal

I composed this one about ten years ago. The first track off a string of "demos" I did after getting disillusioned with putting together full length albums. It's programmed entirely in Csound using no samples at all. The drum tracks are EQed and gated noise.

I composed this again in Csound but this time using some drum samples in 2009. It's not really finished since I never came up with an ending, but it's so video-gamey I thought it might go over well here.

And something else I did in 2009. Probably the most listenable track I did of a bunch that I used a heck of a lot of math for and mostly wrote in Excel. And again programmed in Csound using a few percussion samples.