Forgive me Father, For I Have Sinned.....

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

In these past two days I've commited two terrible crimes. First, I'll supply you all with some background information, trust me it'll all make sense in a second:

-I'm 17
-I'm one of those bums you remember from high school who, even at the age of 17, doesn't have a driver's liscence yet.

OK, now you guys know the circumstances here. I have no form of identification. I went with some friends to see Bruno last night at my local theater. Now, rarely if ever do they card people for R rated movies, the lines usually too busy for the nervous clerk to check. However, last night was different. My three friends went up, each showing their liscences for ID'ing. I got up and........

I bought a ticket for Transformers 2. I snuck into Bruno, of course, but as I sat in the theater laughing my ass off, I realized I had just given Michael Bay another $10 of my hard earned money.

Today, one of my friends who had missed out last night was dying to see Bruno. Myself and another friend went and saw the Hangover, which was playing at a time just ten minutes apart from Bruno. However, I was carded again.

Another Transformers 2 ticket sold. Michael Bay is $20 richer, and thus encouraged to further disgrace cinema and a beloved franchise. Am I a bad person?

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Bruce
@Everyones_A_Critic:

Your theatres card? I've been able to see R-Rated things for the past two years and I'm RARELY carded, if ever. I do look like I'm about 20 or so, but still, they're supposed to card. I'd suggest using your high school ID for movies.

But yeah, twat move giving Michael Bay money.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

I dont know what this is suppose to be...asking if sneaking into movies is bad or just another lets all trash T2 and Mr.Bay.

Either way I thought it was a In Bruges reference.

torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By torus

I didn't have a drivers' license until I was 25.

It's pretty useful though- you don't realize the extent to which it's useful until you grit your teeth and get it.

You can always use your... passport...

Honestly though, ID was never a problem for me... at 17, no one took me for anything less than 20 :P

Moral of the story, grow a beard.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ahriman22

I look 20 and it's rare that I get carded for anything.

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bruce said:
"@Everyones_A_Critic: Your theatres card? I've been able to see R-Rated things for the past two years and I'm RARELY carded, if ever. I do look like I'm about 20 or so, but still, they're supposed to card. I'd suggest using your high school ID for movies.But yeah, twat move giving Michael Bay money. "
I've never really thought about using one, because it doesn't have my age on it. Though I suppose it's worth a shot, seeing as how it has my year of graduation on it. It's really unfortunate that they're carding all of a sudden, this theather NEVER carded before, and now they've started shining flashlights and being strict about it. When I saw Public Enemies last week I wasn't carded, though it was a young kid my age working instead of an old woman, which may have been why. Come to think about it, the only other time that's happened was when I saw the Friday the 13th re-make, and me and my friend bought tickets to Paul Blart. Oddly enough, Michael Bay's production company oversaw Friday the 13th.....
Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bruce

Fuck, I didn't even get carded during my first tattoo. I must look ancient. >_>

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ahriman22
@Bruce: Minimum age is 16for a tattoo. Hell, it's also the minimum for piercings. But they didn't card me when I went to get all 17 piercings done at 15.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us

Dude I never get asked for ID for anything in my life. I once went to the bottleshop in my school uniform and bought a six pack in my last year of high school. Granted I had already turned 18 anyway so I was legal and could buy it if I wanted but shit you would have thought they would have asked. I mean come on. Even I gave the register attendant a "really?" look before I walked away. Come to think of it that Proof of Age card I paid for from the DPI because I didnt have a license was a big waste of money cause I dont think I used it once. And by the way I think I was like 20 or so before I bothered to get my license because I didnt really need it, but you dont appreciate what its worth to have one until you get it thats the truth.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EvilTwin

You should be asking forgiveness for wasting precious minutes of my life.  For reading this thread and for typing this post.  And before you ask, the answer is no. 

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ineedaname
@Bruce: Doesn't sound to good for your future looks.

I've full on stubble almost beard, am 19, and I still get ID, the fact I have it makes me happy though.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

How...DARE YOU!!! Don't give Michael Bay any more money for the rest of your life, you hear me?! Transformers 2....geez....so bad (I have a review on my blog).

Still, don't worry about the repercussions of this; everyone sneaks into a movie now and then. As long as it is a rare occasion, don't loose sleep over it ;)

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By buzz_killington

You are just a terrible person. Now when Michael Bay makes Transformers 3: The Fall of the Risen we kknow who to blame... GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with you people? That money could've gone towards the Ali G movie...

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Ok.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By teh_destroyer

Meh, you could have at least bought a ticket to the movie Up or something to redeem yourself.

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Brundage
@Everyones_A_Critic: hahahahahahhaha omfg i did the same thing!
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

That's it? That wasn't even funny... Anti-Climactic.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Everyones_A_Critic: Yeah it was annoying for me being 17 and getting carded to see Superbad with no driver's license. The jerk at the Target wouldn't accept my drivers' permit when I bought BioShock (oddly enough the guy at Wal-Mart accepted it when I bought Gears); luckily my mom was there. Around here EVERYONE cards (then again I look pretty young and weak) so it was a  pretty frustrating phase of my life. 
Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Qorious

Wow, that's tough. I'm in the same boat. I'm 17 and I don't have an ID/Driver's License either. 

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_A_Drain

I'm 21 and I don't have a drivers license, passport or money to givee micheal bay. 

Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Sick_J0ke
@Everyones_A_Critic: You are a horrible person... not for sneaking into the movie, bust for making Michael Bay $20 richer. Sike you're not that bad.

For real though...

WHY?! WHY?!!!
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#22  Edited By Yummylee

Ah well, nobodys perfect, tho some are closer than others :P

Sick_J0ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sick_J0ke
@Abyssfull said:
"

Ah well, nobodys perfect, tho some are closer than others :P

"
how tru, ima use that line
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By Gunner

If you dont feel like taking the driving test, you could always just get a regular old I.D.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Verdugo

@LiquidPrince said:

"That's it? That wasn't even funny... Anti-Climactic."

This.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dbz1995

More importantly, can you tell us what you thought of Bruno and the Hangover?

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#28  Edited By ahoodedfigure

You're asking a bunch of strangers on the internet if you sinned? :)

How do you feel about what you did?

Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbz1995 said:
"More importantly, can you tell us what you thought of Bruno and the Hangover?"
Bruno is one of the funniest movies I've seen in recent memory. The Hangover was a good film, but not nearly as funny as my friends had hyped it up to be. It had me chuckling a lot rather than laughing my ass off like Bruno did.

@ahoodedfigure
said:
"You're asking a bunch of strangers on the internet if you sinned? :)

How do you feel about what you did?"
It was a joke. I'm not a very religious type.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By jakob187

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!  How DARE you give Michael Bay your money instead of Sacha Baron Cohen!!!

AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AzureSupernova

I'm 17 and I don't have a driver's lisence... though that's cause I'm english xD And yeah, I only pay to go into the cinema every 1/10 times. Usually I can sneak through and get in freebies, but giving Mr. Bay your money =\ Repent