Fuck You CNN (Legit Thread)

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By themoon13

EDIT: I should have made myself clearer: CNN is using tapes of an event that happened in a different place at a different time and calling it footage they shot for the issue at hand.  This thread isn't about copyright issues.

So recently there were riots in Belgrade, Serbia because a certain someone was arrested. You don't need to know the story unless you are into world issues, but right now you need to know what CNN did. They used tapes from riots in Budapest, Hungary and tried to pass them off as footage they shot.

http://www.serbiancafe.com/eng/vesti/14/51000/si_en_en_nerede_u_beogradu_%E2%80%9Ezacinila%E2%80%9D_snimcima_iz_budimpeste

Yes, the article is in Serbian but you don't need to worry about that. I pretty much summarized it. You can watch the video however, and no, I have no clue how to embed it.

I know CNN is a steaming pile of bat shit, but what the hell?! How low can you go? Has CNN ever even seen the word  "integrity"?

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Karmum

Embedding it for you.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Aarny91

Insane

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By themoon13
Riddler said:
"does that have anything to do with the U S of A ? no? then go to hell with your thread"
Did I say anything about USA? This thread has got to do with CNN which just happens to be an American station.
EDIT: Who cares about what happened in Serbia? How ignorant can you get?
henjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By henjin
Riddler said:
"does that have anything to do with the U S of A ? no? then go to hell with your thread. who cares what happened in Belgrade or serbia "
Well, the point is that CNN is bullshitting and theyre actually trying to pass it off. Its stupid and it damages CNN's terribly credibility even more.
infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By infect999

people actually pay attention to CNN?

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By themoon13
infect999 said:
"people actually pay attention to CNN?"
You'd be surprised. I know many people that watch it.
suitteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suitteeth

yeah! come on guys! let's write cnn one big, collective letter!

Avatar image for gurfunklebunker
gurfunklebunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By gurfunklebunker

That doesn't make sense...>.>
And just btw, Bucharest is the capital of Romania, you probably got confused... the capital of Hungary is Budapest.:P
Either way, I don't know why they wouldn't show actual footage...
And anyone here more news on Karadzic? I know he was sent to the Netherlands yesterday or something...

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Mrnitropb

When you upload, distribute, or sell any footage to the AP (notice their logo on the video as well?) they own that shit, and can do with it as they see fit, including watermarking it, and selling it to other news agencies around the world, who then can watermark it as ell, especially since that CN log is permantly on their channel anyway.

Not sure what the problem is, since there is no actual discussion in the video.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By themoon13
gurfunklebunker said:
"That doesn't make sense...>.>
And just btw, Bucharest is the capital of Romania, you probably got confused... the capital of Hungary is Budapest.:P
Either way, I don't know why they wouldn't show actual footage...
And anyone here more news on Karadzic? I know he was sent to the Netherlands yesterday or something...
"
Oh wow sorry about that.
And today they were showing his trial on TV.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Player1

isnt that were your about to go Goran?

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By themoon13
Player1 said:
"isnt that were your about to go Goran?"
I'm going to a different city. But don't worry everything is stable lol.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Player1

haha ok good

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Clean

You Got It

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16  Edited By OGCartman

Thats fuckin ignorent

EndlessMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EndlessMike

Just more ammunition for foreign countries to call Americans stupid I suppose. It's really too bad because the majority of us aren't so easily led around but stuff like that makes everyone look bad. The real irony though is that other countries assume their news services are any better. Other then the BBC, which I'm a big fan of, most news worldwide is full of bullshit.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By serbsta

CNN has been faking a lot of stuff, back in the 90's during the Bosnian war they went as far as to throw small children into mud to make them cry, staging a false crime and blaming it on 'serbian war criminals'. People, the war criminals are the ones who are ordering hundreds of thousands of Iraqi children, men and women to be killed, the war criminals are the people who run the diamond mining in many African nations; where you get your feet and hands cut off if you speak up.

DO NOT BE BLIND, weve been fed propaganda for the past 50 years, yes its getting worse, yes i know about the fake footage being posted on the news from the riots in Belgrade, just proof that how far some people and some corporations will go in order to maintain control.

sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By sculsoldi3r

News :@

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Homer

Wow... news...

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By brukaoru

I consider most of the major news outlets to be a bunch of liars. I would never take their word as 100% truth. It's kinda sad that people don't question things more often and will believe anything the news outlets say.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Patchinko
suitteeth said:
" yeah! come on guys! let's write cnn one big, collective letter!
"

"Dear So-and-so,

Blah blah blah, you have no integrity, heretofore and so forth, cable news lolz, in conclusion, you're a stinky.

Love,

Giant Bombers"
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By atejas

CNN seems to be all shock value
From what I hear(not in America)MSNBC is pretty liberal biased.
And Fox News, is, well.........
our local news channels seem reasonably reliable, being highly vocal about our politicians, but have a bit of an India-centric bias. Not too bad.
Ergo, BBC ftw.

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jonathan

They used someone else's footage? So? Did they ask for permission? Unless some sort of copyright was infringed upon, or they flat out lied, I don't see what the problem is. One person recorded that man at Tiananmen Square, but I'm sure that every network and magazine used that shot.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Patchinko
Jonathan said:
"They used someone else's footage? So? Did they ask for permission? Unless some sort of copyright was infringed upon, or they flat out lied, I don't see what the problem is. One person recorded that man at Tiananmen Square, but I'm sure that every network and magazine used that shot.
"
Sounds like they used footage of riots in a different city in a different country from a different time over a different issue and represented them as footage of riots in Belgrade.
Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jonathan
Patchinko said:
"Jonathan said:
"They used someone else's footage? So? Did they ask for permission? Unless some sort of copyright was infringed upon, or they flat out lied, I don't see what the problem is. One person recorded that man at Tiananmen Square, but I'm sure that every network and magazine used that shot.
"
Sounds like they used footage of riots in a different city in a different country from a different time over a different issue and represented them as footage of riots in Belgrade.
"
Just re-read the original post. I feel ridiculously stupid.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Patchinko
Jonathan said:
"Patchinko said:
"Jonathan said:
"
"
"
Don't sweat it, it took me a couple of read-throughs also. It's late. ;)
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By serbsta
Jonathan said:
"Patchinko said:
"Jonathan said:
"
"
"
I was gonna say something, its good you realized. =]
SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By SSbabel

Anything to get there ratings up, thats just how it is.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By serbsta

I think a lot of people who are asking "so? whats the big deal?" are really confused with what the OP is getting at here. This is propaganda in its finest form. Look at how far they go to defame a nation, poison other peoples views on the nation, etc. This isnt about damn copyright watermarking issues! This is about corporations who fund the US wars feeding us crap through the news to justify what theyre doing in the Balkans right now (Kosovo).

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By atejas
serbsta said:
"I think a lot of people who are asking "so? whats the big deal?" are really confused with what the OP is getting at here. This is propaganda in its finest form. Look at how far they go to defame a nation, poison other peoples views on the nation, etc. This isnt about damn copyright watermarking issues! This is about corporations who fund the US wars feeding us crap through the news to justify what theyre doing in the Balkans right now (Kosovo).
"

i think the problem is that they're misinterpreting the post as saying that CNN took someone else's footage of the same incident and put their watermark on it. I agree, substituting stock footage for the real thing is pretty propoganda-ish, but it may also be funny. Anon's exploding van, anyone?
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By serbsta
elliooo said:
"Corporations who fund the US wars? So that's why all the tanks have CNN written on them..... wait.
"
Are you trying to crack a joke? Or are you really naive and dont understand by who and what the US is run by?
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By efrucht

This just reinforces the fact that BBC is the best news resource

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mourne

CNN is one of the more reliable news outlets, as opposed to Fox News. CNN over dramatizes things, and they do own "(CNN) Headline News"--aka, Nancy Grace's stomping grounds. Or, as I call her, Nancy "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" Grace. So, aside from that, they're not so bad.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37  Edited By OGCartman
elliooo said:
"The US is not run by "the corporations". It is a lot more complicated than that, it is a very shallow understanding of global politics to think that the US is entirely under the control of corporations such as CNN. Even so, using this footage in no way justifies wars, making your other point completely incorrect. I always smile when I hear people who make statements like that and think the US is run by corruption, oil and greed. Of course, there is an amount of this going on, but it is in no way run by it.

Don't be so naive in your thinking serbsta, you have a lot of learning about the world to do before you make such baseless accusations.
"
The media effects the peoples opinion alot
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By atejas
Mourne said:
"CNN is one of the more reliable news outlets, as opposed to Fox News. CNN over dramatizes things, and they do own "(CNN) Headline News"--aka, Nancy Grace's stomping grounds. Or, as I call her, Nancy "Guilty Until Proven Innocent" Grace. So, aside from that, they're not so bad.
"

This is more than dramatisation, this is fraud and propoganda.
serbsta said:
"elliooo said:
"Corporations who fund the US wars? So that's why all the tanks have CNN written on them..... wait.
"
Are you trying to crack a joke? Or are you really naive and dont understand by who and what the US is run by?
"
I think he was joking.
efrucht said:
"This just reinforces the fact that BBC is the nest news resource
"
This.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By azteris
Cartman said:
"elliooo said:
"The US is not run by "the corporations". It is a lot more complicated than that, it is a very shallow understanding of global politics to think that the US is entirely under the control of corporations such as CNN. Even so, using this footage in no way justifies wars, making your other point completely incorrect. I always smile when I hear people who make statements like that and think the US is run by corruption, oil and greed. Of course, there is an amount of this going on, but it is in no way run by it.

Don't be so naive in your thinking serbsta, you have a lot of learning about the world to do before you make such baseless accusations.
"
"
Everything effects your opinion. Objectivity is a joke.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By serbsta
elliooo said:

"
Biase accusations? Ok lets talk biase. You know about the Karadzic issue right? Why is it that no other war-time criminals were ever accused by the ICC (UN run, Uncle Sam funded) besides Serbian leaders? The fact that the leader of this new pseudo-state Kosovo is the leader of the KLA (a multi-continent running drug and weapons ring), they put in place leaders they want in place. The US is a BUSINESS! IT IS IMPERIALISM IN ITS TRUE FORM! The people who fund Bush's politicial aspirations are the ones who run the US, the ones who exploit 3rd world nations, the ones who create 3rd world nations for theyre own greed.

You say its not all about corruption, oil and greed, no its not... its  a lot more.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By serbsta
Cartman said:
"elliooo said:

"
"
And what do you mean by that?
samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42  Edited By samfo

If you have to write (Legit Thread) as the name of your thread, its probably not a legit thread.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By azteris
SamFo said:
"If you have to write (Legit Thread) as the name of your thread, its probably not a legit thread.
"

Except he used it as a way to talk about a very real topic that is worth debate.

Fail.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By serbsta
elliooo said:
"Baseless accusations. Not Bias.

Kosovo has recognised sovereignty over its territorial-boundaries and as such is more than a pseudo-state, let's get that one out of the way first. The US didn't put this guy into power either, they merely support pro-independence and pro-democracy forces around the world. I am in no way a US-lover, or whatever you want to call it (I've written essays on the limitations of US as a hegemonic power in post-cold war conflicts) but you cannot go out and blatantly condemn them for lies.

Plenty of war-time criminals have been put to trial by the International Court of Justice (I assume that's what you meant by 'ICC') but they are not as highly publicised as Karadzic (maybe because they killed a few less thousand people?). And I'll agree, there is a definite element of Neo-Imperialism in the Bush Doctrine of pre-emptive strikes, but the US is not a business, that is absolutely one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard.

Transnational corporations do often exploit 3rd world countries with poor working conditions, with the major benefits being passed onto the consumer, not these corporations and governments. Every time you buy a cheap piece of clothing you are feeding this exploitation. That said, TNCs do a lot of good for a developing country, where people may not have jobs at all if it werent for them - it is often up to individual countries to enforce labour and environmental protection laws, not corporations to police themselves.

I'm all for healthy debate and discussion serbsta, but I will not stand for ignorance.
"
I see youre a very educated person, its going to be very hard to debate with you since im only 16, but ill try.

Lets talk about corruption here... you dont think there is any corruption and biase involved when it comes to who gets judged? Justice is selectable, selectable by those who are in control, i just want to hear your opinion on something though... why havent these people been put on trial by the ICC for war crimes?
-Tony Blair?
-Bill Clinton?
-George Bush?
-Nicholas Burns?
-Hashim Thaci?

I really want to get your opinion on this and try to explain to me how these is no corruption involved in the justice system when it comes to choosing who gets trialed and for what? And why are the Serbian leaders the ones who are publicized the most? Its not becuase theyve done the most killing my friend, news corps have staged footage of criminal acts aimed at defaming serbs from many wars in the last 20 years. Why will terrorist leaders like Hashim Thaci never be trialed for killing hundreds of thousands of serbs, organ traficking, etc?

I stand by my statement, the UN is run by Uncle Sam, Sammy chooses who gets put under the hammer. We all know Karadzic will either get the death penalty or will be killed in prison like Milosevic. Your opinion?

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By azteris
serbsta said:
"elliooo said:
"Baseless accusations. Not Bias.

Kosovo has recognised sovereignty over its territorial-boundaries and as such is more than a pseudo-state, let's get that one out of the way first. The US didn't put this guy into power either, they merely support pro-independence and pro-democracy forces around the world. I am in no way a US-lover, or whatever you want to call it (I've written essays on the limitations of US as a hegemonic power in post-cold war conflicts) but you cannot go out and blatantly condemn them for lies.

Plenty of war-time criminals have been put to trial by the International Court of Justice (I assume that's what you meant by 'ICC') but they are not as highly publicised as Karadzic (maybe because they killed a few less thousand people?). And I'll agree, there is a definite element of Neo-Imperialism in the Bush Doctrine of pre-emptive strikes, but the US is not a business, that is absolutely one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard.

Transnational corporations do often exploit 3rd world countries with poor working conditions, with the major benefits being passed onto the consumer, not these corporations and governments. Every time you buy a cheap piece of clothing you are feeding this exploitation. That said, TNCs do a lot of good for a developing country, where people may not have jobs at all if it werent for them - it is often up to individual countries to enforce labour and environmental protection laws, not corporations to police themselves.

I'm all for healthy debate and discussion serbsta, but I will not stand for ignorance.
"
I see youre a very educated person, its going to be very hard to debate with you since im only 16, but ill try.

Lets talk about corruption here... you dont think there is any corruption and biase involved when it comes to who gets judged? Justice is selectable, selectable by those who are in control, i just want to hear your opinion on something though... why havent these people been put on trial by the ICC for war crimes?
-Tony Blair?
-Bill Clinton?
-George Bush?
-Nicholas Burns?
-Hashim Thaci?

I really want to get your opinion on this and try to explain to me how these is no corruption involved in the justice system when it comes to choosing who gets trialed and for what? And why are the Serbian leaders the ones who are publicized the most? Its not becuase theyve done the most killing my friend, news corps have staged footage of criminal acts aimed at defaming serbs from many wars in the last 20 years. Why will terrorist leaders like Hashim Thaci never be trialed for killing hundreds of thousands of serbs, organ traficking, etc?

I stand by my statement, the UN is run by Uncle Sam, Sammy chooses who gets put under the hammer. We all know Karadzic will either get the death penalty or will be killed in prison like Milosevic. Your opinion?

"

Justice will always be 'selectable' because objectivity is a joke.

Edit: and furthermore, just because there is the option for corruption (as there always will be), doesn't automatically prove it's there.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By serbsta
elliooo said:
"I almost spat out my coffee - Tony Blair? I'd say he most likely hasn't been tried because there is absolutely no evidence saying that he was ever involved in war crimes. George Bush, is basically the same, although you could argue the invasion of Iraq could be considered a war crime. From the point of view of the UN charter the invasion of Iraq was entirely illegal - in my opinion it would have been well within the rights of the UN to expell the US from the UNSC, or even the UN entirely.

If you can get me some evidence that hints that Tony Blair was involved in genocide, I'll fly up to Sydney so you can watch me eat my hat. I'm not entirely familiar with the break-up of former Yugoslavia, as I have only studied it in minute detail, so I cannot really make an educated comment on Hashim Thaci. And if Karadzi is being tried by the International Court of Justice he will not get the death penalty - the UN stands to abolish the death penalty around the world. And so Karadzi should be tried, if the allegations are true. Whether or not other people who are guilty of similar crimes were not tried is an entirely different matter, this man may still prove to be guilty.

The UN has very little power in the real world, an the US does have a lot of power, but not in a hegemonic way. The five permanent members of the UNSC (Russia, UK, US, China, France) all have the power of veto over decisions made, and as such are on an equal footing. I could go into the details of the imbalance of power in the UN, but that is again the topic of an essay as there is so much to talk about (maybe the fact there is absoltuely no representation of the Middle East or Africa in it?).
"
http://www.zpub.com/un/un-tb.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3524133.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2933140.stm
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/01/389824.html
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9021
http://thehollytree.blogspot.com/2008/05/tony-blair-accused-of-war-crimes.html

I am not making up my statements my friend, as long as the truth is out there, it will come out. Now, when it comes to Blair, no matter the evidence that is presented he will never receive the same kind of punishment as a Serbian leader would.

You should read up on post-WW2 Balkans, Yugoslavia and the 90's, youll find it really interesting.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By serbsta

Ive got to go now, ill continue this dicussion tomorrow hopefully, peace.