Full Turn

jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By jaffaz

Mega struggling to NOT buy an XBOX 360. My teenage fanboy self (Who is long dead, I might hastily add) would shake his head in shame, but the thought of not getting to play Mass Effect 2 is beginning to really great. It doesn't help with the last few Bombcasts still lingering in my head.

I have nothing against the 360 at all. Great system with its positive (Exclusives, XBOX LIVE, Castle Crashers, Friends) and negative points (RROD, pay-to-play), just like the PS3 has its positive (Exclusives, Playstation Store titles) and negative points (No cross game chat). But I also feel like I need to join that elite group of folk who have seen the RROD for themselves (I recently saw the YLOD...it didn't disappoint)*.

All of my friends are 360 owners and believe it or not, NONE of them are going to be playing ME2. Well, one of them. So even if I bought a console, the game, an account, a wireless adaptor and so on...I would still have no one to talk to about the game. Leaving right back where I am at the moment, being a PS3 owner.

Do I regret buying a PS3, no. Do I regret not owning a 360, no. Do I want to play ME2. Yes. Yes, I do.

*Sidenote: What is it with consoles these days? I am sad for being old enough to remember when you could buy consoles and expect them to work forever? My N64 still works! My PS1 still works! My fucking Commodore 64 still works!

jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jaffaz

Mega struggling to NOT buy an XBOX 360. My teenage fanboy self (Who is long dead, I might hastily add) would shake his head in shame, but the thought of not getting to play Mass Effect 2 is beginning to really great. It doesn't help with the last few Bombcasts still lingering in my head.

I have nothing against the 360 at all. Great system with its positive (Exclusives, XBOX LIVE, Castle Crashers, Friends) and negative points (RROD, pay-to-play), just like the PS3 has its positive (Exclusives, Playstation Store titles) and negative points (No cross game chat). But I also feel like I need to join that elite group of folk who have seen the RROD for themselves (I recently saw the YLOD...it didn't disappoint)*.

All of my friends are 360 owners and believe it or not, NONE of them are going to be playing ME2. Well, one of them. So even if I bought a console, the game, an account, a wireless adaptor and so on...I would still have no one to talk to about the game. Leaving right back where I am at the moment, being a PS3 owner.

Do I regret buying a PS3, no. Do I regret not owning a 360, no. Do I want to play ME2. Yes. Yes, I do.

*Sidenote: What is it with consoles these days? I am sad for being old enough to remember when you could buy consoles and expect them to work forever? My N64 still works! My PS1 still works! My fucking Commodore 64 still works!

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

Yo man, you gots some bros to bro-out with online.  That's enough to sell me on a console.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AgentofChaos

Your side note is so fucking true, my goddamn SNES still works! I left my Wii on for a month and it was fine!

mementomori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mementomori

http://sliceofmit.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/mouse1.jpg

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hot_Karl

Don't regret buying a 360. I went through the same exact thing last year, pining over a 360 exclusive that I couldn't have, being a PS3 owner (for me it was that DLC for GTA IV- man I love me some GTA IV). Just buy it; it's a great time to do so. You can get some great deals on Amazon or Best Buy. Best Buy's actually throwing in a $25 gift card with a purchase of an Arcade unit.

I say, buy it. It's not a regrettable purchase in the least.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ahriman22

I had hated the 360 for a while after my first one's disc bay nearly killed me with shrapnel. Eventually I got over it and now I own a PS3, 360 and WIi. Just because you have no one to talk to about the game doesn't have to be the one and only things stopping you. Hell, none of my friends own 360s or play games at all, I don't care, that's what forums are for after all.

jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jaffaz
@MementoMori: lols :)
jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jaffaz
@ahriman22: I must say the forums on Giant Bomb have been the most receptive I have come across. People actually seem to actually want to talk about games, rather than just argue.  

@VinceNotVance: Yeah, the offers on 360's are fantastic at the moment, its very much what spurred on my sudden intrest in buying one. I'm the same with GTA, love it to bits. I got Bioshock on my PS3 after the year and a half exclusivity ran out with Microsoft and I just figured the same would happen with GTA if I waited. When I woke up the other morning to the announcement I felt like all my christmas's had come at once! 

@AgentofChaos: Man, don't even get me started. In fact I think I will elongate that sidenote into a full post, otherwise I'll flood this reply with ill-thought out swear words and anger.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

Owning both was the best thing I could do this generation. Trust me. It's awesome not having to worry about this stuff.  

Also I needed a blu-ray player that would make MGS4 go, that was the initial decision, but then they started getting some good exclusives, and now I enjoy both.

AlexM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlexM

I'm the same way but I want a PS3 sooo bad. Heavy Rain looks like an incredible game.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ahriman22
@jaffaz: Glad you like it. We may have little "fights" between users every now and then, but it's usually civilized here.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ajamafalous

Is PC not an option?

jaffaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaffaz
@ahriman22: I followed Jeff and Ryan around for a few years now. Been listening to the Bomb Cast before it was the Bomb Cast, just never considered getting into it until now. Glad I have though!

@ajamafalous: Well, a small miracle has happened since this post. So, PC might be an option. Still, a reasonably low spec option however :( 

@AlexM: Yeah, I can't wait for Heavy Rain. The PS3 does have a good year ahead of it. I have no particular side when it comes to these things, I just liike video games. A lot.

@XII_Sniper: Definitely on your side with this one.