FYI. Rick and Morty is GREAT! Wouldn't you agree?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Edited By Seppli

Poll FYI. Rick and Morty is GREAT! Wouldn't you agree? (127 votes)

I agree. Rick and Morty is THE SHIT! 68%
I disagree. It's just shit. Or something other than great at least. 6%
What's Rick and Morty? Results. 26%

Mate with me for life.

Rick and Morty - Mate for Life!

Machinima ETC plugged Rick and Morty a while back. The entire first season is on youtube for some reason. It's on Cartoon Network Adult Swim, I believe - TV-wise. Anyways, I finally got around to checking it out like yesterday. I binged 'til my eyes bled. It's so freaking good. I just couldn't stop watching it. I'd do y'all a great injustice, if I didn't plug it here too, in case you are still ignorant of the ambrosia that is Rick and Morty.

Dan Harmon is one of the co-creators - amongst other things, he's the visionary mind behind Community. That said, Rick and Morty is better than that. Dimensions ahead of it, I'd say. It might just be the best thing ever. This show - it gets me. I am not alone in the multiverse (like I ever doubted that). Oh joy!

That's the whole first season of the show right here in this playlist embed, minus an episode that's likely too racy even for the public cesspool that is the youtubes. That's where that .GIF comes from.

Enjoy! And don't stop plugging it until we have at least 30 more seasons to binge on. #Best Timeline!

• 
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

It's a fantastic show.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Mr Meeseeks will probably go down in history as "Most Steam Avatars born from a single televsion episode".

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

I've heard many great things said about the show, and Dan Harmon creating it, but I still have managed to not watch a single episode. I'll eventually get around to it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Mr Meeseeks will probably go down in history as "Most Steam Avatars born from a single televsion episode".

Really? You'd think Rick-ty Minutes would've done it.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh THIS show. I think I saw the test pilot pilot a while ago and laughed a few times. I don't know, it being like 'hey its like BttF but not' wore a little thin with me. Maybe I'll give the other ones ago.

capshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@razielcuts: I found the first episode to be one of the weakest, the episodes after it were considerably better, in my opinion. The episode with Mr. Meeseeks (think it was 4 or 5) still makes me laugh, mainly just because I thought it was an interesting concept played out to its logical extremes, and did so in a pretty funny way.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw one episode a while back and thought it was great. Glad to know it's available on youtube. Now I can finally watch it.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i thought this was that Bob's Burgers for kids show

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connerthekewlkid said:

Really? You'd think Rick-ty Minutes would've done it.

Close second

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By CaLe

Never heard of this before, but it's great.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay I found the episode I watched a few years ago, I won't link to it here because I got temp banned for showing a The Wire clip that inadvertently had boobs as mise en scene (still miffed about that), this has cartoon male nudity so I won't take the chance. Anyway, google 'The Real Animated Adventures of Doc and Mharti' and it's on Vimeo for the original prototype. That's what I'm remembering, it carried the 'gross out' humour joke for way too long for its own good, glad to hear it's got better though.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By splodge

Its like a slightly better structured and more comedy focused superjail. I love Rick and Marty! As far as I know, they go off script a lot. Makes for an interesting show. Also, I love that there is never a point. A load of stupid insanity happens, then nothing. If you haven't watched it, you gotta!

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay I found the episode I watched a few years ago, I won't link to it here because I got temp banned for showing a The Wire clip that inadvertently had boobs as mise en scene (still miffed about that), this has cartoon male nudity so I won't take the chance. Anyway, google 'The Real Animated Adventures of Doc and Mharti' and it's on Vimeo for the original prototype. That's what I'm remembering, it carried the 'gross out' humour joke for way too long for its own good, glad to hear it's got better though.

Oh yeah, I remember watching a comic con panel with the creators, and that got brought up at some point by someone in the audience. I looked it up afterwards and holy shit was that dumb. I really like Rick and Morty, but I can't believe it originated from something so crass and vulgar.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

No idea why, but the linked videos have all the characters higher pitched than usual.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: Don't people do that so the videos don't get taken down as easily?

LVL3Bard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan:

Makes it a lot harder for their videos to get taken down from Youtube. Alter the pitch, sometimes the speed and they'll frame it differently.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't stand the first episode, it gave me a headache. I love community but I didn't find Rick and Morty episode 1 funny at all and the endless whiny voices of the characters was driving me insane. I'm not saying it's bad, I like the style it has going, but it is not for me at all.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've only seen the first few episodes but I just can't get into it. I like the art style, but Rick's mad scientist shtick got old fast.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I fucking love this show. Might be one of my favorite season finales in a long, long time. Well, any use of 2 Live Crew is bound to work for me.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I think it's hilarious

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love Rick and Morty! One of my favorite shows on TV right now!

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I really like the whole first season. I didn't think it was drop dead amazing or anything but it made me laugh more than I thought it would. I kind of didn't like how they spoiled episodes in the freaking intro but that's sort of a minor gripe. I have to wonder what kind of constitution score Rick has to still be alive with his kind of lifestyle. Seems like they explain away most of the characters' problems with "Science! (fiction)."

ExiledVip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ExiledVip3r

wubalubadubdub!

codenamelenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By codenamelenny

You can watch all the episodes directly through the adult swim website

I love the show. I am a fan of the adult swim humor but most shows don't have any plot or good character development. On the surface it just seems like a parody of Back to the future, but it parodies all different sci-fi movies. This show has good structure, characters and jokes. I recommend it to anyone that has enjoyed any other adult swim show.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick and Morty forever, 100 years of Rick and Morty.

jogarciat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is brilliant and Dan Harmon is a mad genius.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#28 gamer_152  Moderator

I really liked Rick and Morty, that show went to some great places. I can't wait for more.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Loading Video...

I love the show

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a great show.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31  Edited By Seppli

I especially love the bits after the credits roll. These tiny morcels of Rick and Morty are better than the main meat in most other shows.

Loading Video...

They're beating up the Devil btw.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Your right! Just started watching the first season, and the Meeseeks episode had me DYING. Reminds me of the really good episodes of Futurama filled with hilarity, emotion and thoght provoking concepts.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, just so you know, the first two episodes of the second season of the best comedy since Arrested Development have leaked (probably in a controlled manner previously tested on Game of Thrones) and they are MAGNIFICENT

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick and Morty forever 100 times.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of you probably know that, but let me mention anyway that Justin Roiland, the co-creator of the show and voice of Rick, Morty, Lemongrab from AT and many others, used to do a podcast called Grandma's Virginity Podcast. I really recommend it. It's a deffinite proof that Rick & Morty is not a creation of Dan Harmon alone.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

I really want that Rick and Morty announcer pck for Dota2. This show is hilarious! It's like the Broad City of cartoons.