Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By optimusprime223

Just been into my local GAME and discovered they are selling a preowned copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss for 42.99, right next to a new copy of it selling at 44.99. And they wonder why no one is buying thier preowned games! That game should be at least a fiver less and in order to get them to really sell, a tenner less...

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By vivek

Stopped buying games from Game a couple years ago. Online retailers and HMV seem to have better deals. They have always over charged and customer loyalty means nothing to them.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RazielCuts

The fact they're selling the pre owned right next to the new copy is a dick move, no wonder publishers don't want to support them and send games in lieu in the hope they might sell.

You can buy Golden Abyss on Amazon right now for £36.68 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Uncharted-Golden-Abyss-PS-Vita/dp/B006LX8VME/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1331646179&sr=1-2 so why would you bother going to a brick and mortar store that overcharges? Terrible for the people that work there that are going to lose their jobs but no tears for GAME itself.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By optimusprime223

really is BS, used to be in charge of preowned when I worked at GAME in the early 2000's and I always put them out at least a fiver cheaper and if I could wing it a tenner cheaper than new and it worked, but the management decided the profit wasnt good enough and made it all centralised. I agree with @RazielCuts, if Amazon are doing it that cheap then GAME are boned...

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

No business savvy.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By cookiemonster

Yep. I went in the other day and they were selling the halo anniversary game preowned for a bit less than £30, as was SR3. I've done a quick check on amazon now and the prices are much cheaper, for new copies as well. For a company going out of business they sure are keeping the prices high. I don't think I've bought any games from there in years.

Pixelationist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pixelationist

Stopped considering Game as a viable option many years ago, their prices just aren't competitive. Though I will miss just being able to pop in and finding the odd serendipitous bargain.

A monopoly is never a good thing, but Amazon is pretty much untouchable at this point. I cannot find a single compelling reason to go elsewhere.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pinworm45

It's obviously steam ruining their business, even though the majority of them don't stock PC games.

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Legxend

I was in my local GAME this week and they were trying to get rid of most of the stock, basically everything in the store was on sale. People were coming in and out but no one was buying anything which was a little odd, all the while the manager is in a panic on the phone that they could shut up shop anytime. I have noticed a trend in both GAME and Gamestation that they hide away the new releases in favor of pre owned games especially for titles that are not recent say 2 months post release.

But like someone said it is really hard to justify going to a store when you can buy a game online for a better price and have it arrive a day before release.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EVO

My local GAME never pulls that shit. Must be a UK thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My local GAME closed, they were pretty good and I liked them...

Now all I got here (other than online stores) is a GAMESTOP, and god knows I'm never buying a game there. Last time I was in it, in late 2010, they still took full price for a new copy of Gears of War 2 (that is full price for a two year old game!)!

Legxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Legxend

One thing I have come to hate about GAME stores are some of the staff. You walk in browsing and you get someone coming over asking you if you need any help and after you say no sometimes they just stand there in a zombie state. So you're left with this dude standing there in the hopes that he can answer a question. Also when I recently bought a 3DS while I was paying for it they were trying to convince me to pre order a Vita. Imagine buying a PS3 and getting '' do you want a 360 with that''. In general the GAME customer service is pretty poor.

On the other hand the staff at Gamestation are usually great in comparison, they are usually way more helpful and they don't do the creepy stalking people around the store thing.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By I_smell

In all fairness, a used game is exactly the same product as a new one. I mean... it's a digital experience, it's not like some guy used up all the bullets.

But yea sure, just playing devil's advocate.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Yanngc33

@dudeglove said:

FORTY TWO QUID FOR A PRE-OWNED COPY!?

I KNOW! GAMESTOP DOES THE SAME THING IT'S INSANE.

Also, do any of you guys remember when Game was called Score Game?

CapsizingHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CapsizingHeart

I think most highstreet game shops are shit these days anyway.

Now we have Play and Amazon where we can get brand new copies of games at least ten pound cheaper than the preowned ones in stores, why'd I even bother with the stores? I mean once upon a time Cex was actually a really genuine alternative but now they seemed to have bumped up their prices so much there is barely anything in it when you compare it to Game. If it wasn't for the fact I relied so heavily on trade ins to afford games, I'd just buy all of my games online.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Bollard

@Yanngc33 said:

@dudeglove said:

FORTY TWO QUID FOR A PRE-OWNED COPY!?

I KNOW! GAMESTOP DOES THE SAME THING IT'S INSANE.

Also, do any of you guys remember when Game was called Score Game?

No? Ahaha, I do remember EB still being around though.