GAMESPOT IS DELETING VIDEOS OF JEFF!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gamer

i remember when i posted the video 1 month ago of gerstmann rapping on get on da mic, and that video had been up for like 4 years. NOW EVER SINCE I POSTED UP THAT VIDEO ITS MYSTERIOUSLY GONE FROM GAMESPOT! you can watch video 1,2,3,5,6 BUT NOT 4 because gerstmann was in it!!!!!!!! DAMN!!! ! now i shouldnt have taken it off youtube

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ParanoidFreak

That sucks, I don't see why they would do that.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By weltal

Because they removed one video? I mean if every video of Jeff gets removed I'd think it was odd but really I don't see the big deal.

Hangid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Hangid

A lot of the shows GameSpot did, Jeff was hugely apart of it. Take the classic show button smashing. Because the theme song was written by Jeff and there are so many old Gamespot employees (in the the theme) who left for all the wrong reasons, it would be hard for GS to do button smashing again. The song and the old GS crew was the best part about the show.

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thanatos990

GS is no longer under Cnet, CBS bought Cnet

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine

This really sucks because I will want to go back and watch these videos again some day.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Riddler

meh, who cares what they do

MIALER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MIALER_DAEMON

gamespot very currupt, say fuck you to pc I think.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

Until every single video, every single review, every single preview etc gets removed...then I don't see the big deal.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bulldog19892

Are they removing every video associated with Jeff Gerstmann? I doubt that they're deleting videos simply because of Jeff's appearance in them.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Aaron_G

I don't see why this should be a forum topic. 

Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gamer
Bulldog19892 said:
"Are they removing every video associated with Jeff Gerstmann? I doubt that they're deleting videos simply because of Jeff's appearance in them."
it seems like they deleted this video because of his appearance

Get on da mic video 1 still works.
Get on da mic video 2 still works.
Get on da mic video 3 still works.
Get on da mic video 4 DOES NOT WORK ( the one with gerstmann in it)
Get on da mic video 5 still works.
Get on da mic video 6 still works.

the only one with gerstmann no longer works within 1 month of it being posted here. The video was posted on gamespot for over 4 years and all of a sudden gamespot employees decide to search get on da mic and take off a random video and it happens to be gerstmanns?
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13  Edited By Cerza

Gamespot started going down hill when Rich left. Then Greg left, and then Jeff got fired and the shit really hit the fan, but the writing had been on the wall for a while. Gamespot sucks now. Everything they do just feels so half assed and slapped together now. Their reviews do not justify their scores, their new website layout is a total mess, and they have had practically a total turn over with their employees. So I am not surprised they are removing the old videos. It frees up space on their servers and hey, what's the point of keeping old videos around, which are much less likely to be watched and feature a bunch of people that no longer work for you?

In short, I think it's sad, but I can't say I'm surprised.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By brukaoru

Gamespot sucks... Don't people know that by now? :/ Alright, maybe that's just my opinion.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bulldog19892
Gamer said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
"Are they removing every video associated with Jeff Gerstmann? I doubt that they're deleting videos simply because of Jeff's appearance in them."

the only one with gerstmann no longer works within 1 month of it being posted here. The video was posted on gamespot for over 4 years and all of a sudden gamespot employees decide to search get on da mic and take off a random video and it happens to be gerstmanns?
"
So the one with Jeff Gerstmann doesn't work. Key-word being one. Just because that one video happens to not work doesn't mean they're going around deleting every video that involves Jeff. The highlighted portion of your post is speculation. You have no proof watsoever that they did that.
50Cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By 50Cent
jeff gerstman is gangsta
Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gamer
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bulldog19892
50Cent said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
"Gamer said:
"Bulldog19892 said:

"
So the one with Jeff Gerstmann doesn't work. Key-word being one. Just because that one video happens to not work doesn't mean they're going around deleting every video that involves Jeff. The highlighted portion of your post is speculation. You have no proof watsoever that they did that."
yeah i know the highlighted part was speculation i wasnt saying it to be a fact, and heres ur damn proof.  all of the related videos are on the right click number 4
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/puzzle/getondamic/download.html?sid=6106390"
First of all, that's not proof, you're only restating you're previous point which was already argued against in my previous post. All you've proven is that video 4 doesn't work, a fact that didn't really need proving. Secondly, what's with the double account?
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Oemenia

A lot videos have mysteriously started to go missing but i dont think its intentional

Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gamer

so why do you think they removed number 4 out of all of them then? wouldnt they remove all of them? seriously its obvious and i dont mean theyre removing ALL of gerstmanns videos, cmon jeff tell this guy

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bulldog19892
Gamer said:
"so why do you think they removed number 4 out of all of them then? wouldnt they remove all of them? seriously its obvious and i dont mean theyre removing ALL of gerstmanns videos, cmon jeff tell this guy"
Why do you assume "they" removed it? How do you know it's not a glitch? Let's recap here:

Your statement: Gamespot is removing every video from their website that contains Jeff Gerstmann.
Your proof: Out the six videos in my profile, the one that happens to contain Jeff Gerstmann mysteriously 404's.

My statement: There are a wide variety of reasons why a video could stop working, and 'wiping away all traces of Jeff' is very unlikely.
My argument: You're proof consists of a single instance that is already very questionable. It's like stating that they have discontinued yellow Skittles, simply because you didn't find one in your bag.

You're telling me that if I were to go to Gamespot.com, go into the user videos section, and search for Jeff Gerstmann, I will find nothing?
Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gamer

sure

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By pirate_republic
thanatos990 said:
"GS is no longer under Cnet, CBS bought Cnet"
It's still CNET. PBS financially controls it but they don't interfere with CNET's management decisions.
sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sdodd02

wow...

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#25  Edited By wefwefasdf

Anytime GameSpot is mentioned in these forums... trouble follows...

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By clubsandwich

oh em gee that's terrible, now we'll die! D:

Darth_Tyrev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Darth_Tyrev

At least you still have this:

Oh yeah...
Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Ubergeist

Well, one day his legacy on Giant Bomb will surpass GameSpot's... I'm sure he's not worried.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BiggerBomb

how the fuck have I never seen that video before. That was better than an episode of Southpark. When was this made?

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Clean

Those bastards.........

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By atejas

Jeff Gerstmann did not exist.
Jeff Gerstmann had never existed.

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By Joker
Hangid said:
"A lot of the shows GameSpot did, Jeff was hugely apart of it. Take the classic show button smashing. Because the theme song was written by Jeff and there are so many old Gamespot employees (in the the theme) who left for all the wrong reasons, it would be hard for GS to do button smashing again. The song and the old GS crew was the best part about the show."
It is Button Mashing dude. As for the videos, I would not be surprised if they started to take these videos down. Really Gamespot shot themselves in the foot with that move and maybe they are trying to see if they can sweep it under the rug, because eventually they are hoping for it to fade away and Gamespot can be a credible site again.
blue74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By blue74

fuck gamespot

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ubergeist
Joker said:
"Hangid said:
"A lot of the shows GameSpot did, Jeff was hugely apart of it. Take the classic show button smashing. Because the theme song was written by Jeff and there are so many old Gamespot employees (in the the theme) who left for all the wrong reasons, it would be hard for GS to do button smashing again. The song and the old GS crew was the best part about the show."
It is Button Mashing dude. As for the videos, I would not be surprised if they started to take these videos down. Really Gamespot shot themselves in the foot with that move and maybe they are trying to see if they can sweep it under the rug, because eventually they are hoping for it to fade away and Gamespot can be a credible site again."
The only thing I mildly enjoy about GameSpot these days is their coverage. Everything else on that site has gone down hill. Seems like all the guys that review on there now are very boring, especially in the video reviews. It doesn't have the pizazz that it used to have when Jeff and Ryan and even Alex did reviews. I dunno. And the community forums... well, I won't go there.
screwed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By screwed

haha.. that video was awesome :P

never saw it, nifty.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#36  Edited By thebeast

0h n0ez conspiracies! This topic has pretty much surpassed it's usefulness quota. End.