Gamespot Rocket League Flag

rebellion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why does the introduction of the Gamespot flag in Rocket League make me feel super dirty about Gamespot? That's it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Why? Based on past conversations, everyone over there seems to genuinely love the game. Plus, they certainly aren't the first outlet to get their logo put in game. I'm happy for them if anything, but that's just me. /shrug

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I understand why GB wouldn't want their logo in a game but I don't think I mind this sort of interaction between publication and developer if there's no evidence of collusion of any sorts. If there were monetary exchanges at all then I would think worse of it.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what? what would possibly be the implication there?-that in exchange for visibility in the game gamespot raves about rocket league? that they're pals with the devs?

it seems utterly harmless to me.

Pixelrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wish there were a GB flag, every online community seems to be present but GB....west and beast flags would be dope

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I would absolutely love a GB (and/or Beast) flag in there. I get why they might not want to do that, but as long as there's no money changing hands it doesn't feel weird to me.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cikame

If it were a different game i might feel weird about it but Rocket League still seems like an innocent game, there were rumors of advertising appearing in the game on the billboards but that never happened, if it more obviously wanted to make business deals and skim money off of people i'd agree.
On the other hand, i don't use any of the company logo flags because i don't have any kind of loyalty to those companies, GB on the other hand is something i want to shout about so i'd love a GB flag.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ericjasonwade

This case seems monetarily harmless but what's concerning is the possibility of this opening the doors to more devious schemes with reviewing publications in mind.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By szlifier

@rebellion91: I'm more concerned by the Fallout stuff everywhere.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@szlifier: the Oddworld stuff is more nefarious

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Monkeyman04

Maybe if they used "<>" as a tag for the GB community would make it feel better. O_o

Edit: something like this?

No Caption Provided

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shiftygism

@theresanorthslr: It's promoting advertising in games...so I can understand their stance on the matter if that's true. I however wouldn't mind that stuff in this particular title. Especially when we're working towards unlocking/purchasing items from well known properties such as Ghostbusters and Jurassic Park...which were included to promote their respected film releases. This is like the one game where it should fly. I'd want the old Giant Bomb logo myself though.

Hunkadunkodon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seem to remember there being some sort of Giant Bomb branding in Monday Night Combat if I recall correctly... But I could be completely misremembering this.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I seem to remember there being some sort of Giant Bomb branding in Monday Night Combat if I recall correctly... But I could be completely misremembering this.

Yeah, there was a Luchadeer skin in Super Monday Night Combat that was acquired via promo codes.