Gaming podcast recommendations

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Over the last year or so a lot of my favourite gaming podcasts have died and I've been left just listening to the bombcast for the last 6 months; I'm looking for something new that is gaming related.

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rhombus_Of_Terror

Idle Thumbs is always a good recommendation. I also listen to The Podquisition for 100% Britishness and a little Irishness.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

CAGcast , Gamers with Jobs, Retronauts, Watch Out for Fireballs are the ones I regularly listen to. The first two are pretty similar to the Bombcast in structure. Retronauts is fun for older game talk. Watch Out for Fireballs is one that is two guys doing playthroughs of older games and talking through them, which is a fun format I wish there was more of. I would love for Giantbomb to do this, so much. When they dipped their toes into it (for example, the Metal Gear Solid 4 Spoilercast) it's been fantastic.

Rebel FM I also listen to on occasion. They did a really good series of podcasts on game playthroughs called Rebel FM Gameclub before. As for the regular show, I can't wholly recommend it, sometimes I hate it honestly.

8-4 Play I listen to sometimes too.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

8-4 play
GT Time

elvicerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Concur with Idle Thumbs, GFB Radio and the Super Best Friendcast. The Fourth Player is also good and features the creator of Ghost Problems.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Indoor Kids: Very funny hosts and some interesting guests (including Gary "Shoot That Guy" Whitta).

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By zombie2011

Feels like one of these threads gets made every month, and the same recommendations are listed over and over again.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Bombcast is the one that ever stuck with me. I enjoyed the 1Up one but the site is dead now, Joystiq was great when Justin was there, stopped when he left. Besties started off great but lost steam after a few months, and the review podcast they do is great in theory but just doesn't work for me. Tried 8-4 Play but just didn't care for their chemistry or lack there of (I like that RE podcast they did)

Lesson is: Bombcast is all you need.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Comedy Bang! Bang!, W/ Special Guest Lauren Lapkus, Spontaneanation w/ Paul F. Tomkins, and We Hate Movies are all great gaming podcast in that all gaming podcast suck save for Bombcast so just listen to some great comedy ones instead.

D4RKSH33P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idle Thumbs, Three Moves Ahead, and Video Game Hot Dog are all my other go tos.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebel FM and Indoor Kids are pretty good. I occasionally listen to Idle Thumbs. The Geekbox and IGN gamescoop as well.

Avatar image for themightyskullboy
TheMightySkullboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Rumble Pack, a group of obvious friends whose personalities work well together and frequently go on funny tangents.

Player One Podcast, ex-EGM, Nintendo Power, and other videogame vets

Watch Out For Fireballs, As someone who isn't going out any buying new releases that often, I echo ArtisanBreads' statement about liking in-depth talk about old games. This and Retronauts fill that role.

And No More Whoppers, Ray Barnholt's non-video game podcast where they talk about video games pretty often.

GnosisLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I regularly listen to Idle Thumbs, Watch Out For Fireballs, and Daft Souls.

Honorable mention: Regular Features is just a comedy podcast, but it's done by four video game journalists.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

Idle Thumbs, 8-4 Play, TeamGFB, The Completely Unnecessary Podcast

xXCrazyCostaXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually really enjoying the new version of Podcast beyond because of more Brian Altano and Marty Sliva.

Geekbox is alright and some of the Kinda Funny stuff has been good.

LocoRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

listen to the old GFW Radio aka Brodeo with Shawn Elliott, Jeff Green & Co. - the best damn podcast out there, I laughed my ass off constantly!