#1  Edited By AmericanPegasus
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

Im for it, i must admit im a little freaked out when theres 2 guys being 'close' in public, but as long as it aint over the top or for the sake of being different then everyone has the right to whatever allows them to live life happily.

Though take note im not particularly homophobic or overly religious so i have quite a disarmed stance towards things
Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Chummy8

The main problem I see is in the terminology.  MARRIAGE is between a man and a woman.  All gays want is to have a legally bound relationship with the person they love.  Why can't 2 men have the same rights and privileges as a married couple?  I say keep MARRIAGE between a man and a woman, but give gays CIVIL UNIONS or whatever, as long as they have the same right as everyone else.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I'm against it, pretty much for the same reason Obama is against it.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TheGreatGuero
SpaceInsomniac said:
"I'm against it, pretty much for the same reason Obama is against it."
And why is Obama against it?
JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By JonathanMoore

For. Definitely.

-- God Bless.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Hexpane

The USA's constitution guarantees equal rights under the law.   (Bill of rights)  therefore gays being blocked from getting married is not only illegal, it's anti american and quite possibly treason.

There is no debate, it doesn't matter how you "feel" about it, the entire basis of our country is equal rights for all under the law.  If you object to equal rights, you object to the entire basis of this country and you should seek citizenship elsewhere

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By oraknabo

I think we need a whole new system. One type of marriage for people in a religious congregation and another type of secular union for everyone else that doesn't give a crap about religion. The rights for both would be the same, but there would be tighter regulations on the first, like you'd have to get approved by a legit religious leader first. Religious people would still get to keep the "sanctity" of their marriage and everyone else could get "married" as they please.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

For because there's no real reason to be against.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

Hey, if they want to, why not?

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Awwww man, here we go again.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Snipzor

Considering my circumstances, or lifestyle as a religious-wrong would call it, I am for it.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By super_machine

I'm for American values, the constitution, and all the principle for which it stands. So yeah, give them the same rights I have.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StaticFalconar

For, marriage is not sacred; straight people have bastardized it already with something called the drive through wedding in Las Vegas, shot guns weddings, etc. The only difference between a marriage and a civil union IMO is the church's involvement.

That to me is what this issue is all about, getting the church to recognize gay people as people that has all the same rights as straight people and not second class citizens.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Snipzor
TekZero said:
"The main problem I see is in the terminology.  MARRIAGE is between a man and a woman.  All gays want is to have a legally bound relationship with the person they love.  Why can't 2 men have the same rights and privileges as a married couple?  I say keep MARRIAGE between a man and a woman, but give gays CIVIL UNIONS or whatever, as long as they have the same right as everyone else.
"
Terminology or not, even though you are wrong about the definition anyways, "Seperate but equal" was removed after Brown vs Board of Education. You may have the same rights, but even with CUs,  it still states that gays are second class citizens because of a different terminology. Do you think, in your opinion, Civil Union means the exact same thing in your mind? When you hear it, do you connect marriage and CUs in the same regard?
Doubtful.
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I'm for gay marriage, not because I have a stance on the issue, but just because it will make so many ignorant people angry.

I always chuckle at a good uproar.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By AndrewGaspar
TekZero said:
"The main problem I see is in the terminology.  MARRIAGE is between a man and a woman.  All gays want is to have a legally bound relationship with the person they love.  Why can't 2 men have the same rights and privileges as a married couple?  I say keep MARRIAGE between a man and a woman, but give gays CIVIL UNIONS or whatever, as long as they have the same right as everyone else.
"
Agreed.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks

I am all for it, but as for conducting these marriage ceremonies in churches, no.

Err, when the hell did Obama say he was against it??. He may be Christian but that doesn't mean he is against it.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By RHCPfan24
JonathanMoore said:
"For. Definitely.

-- God Bless."
Short and to the point. Same here.
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PercyChuggs
Linkyshinks said:
"I am all for it, but as for conducting these marriage ceremonies in churches, no."
Gay people can't be religious?

How about "Neither"? I don't care what other people do with their own lives, who am I to say what someone should or shouldn't be allowed to do?
Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gameboi

I don't dislike homosexuals, but I'm against gay marriage.  I expect nearly everyone here to disagree with me, but that's okay. Religious beliefs are religious beliefs. I won't water them down just to seem cool to a bunch of strangers on the Internet.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By toowalrus

"I believe that I might have come up with a compromise to this whole problem that will make everyone happy! People in the gay community want the same rights as married couples, but dissenters don't want the word "marriage" corrupted. So how about we let gay people get married, but call it something else? You homosexuals will have all the exact same rights as married couples, but, instead of referring to you as "married", you can be... butt buddies. Instead of being "man and wife", you'll be... butt buddies. You won't be "betrothed", you'll be... ...butt buddies. Get it? Instead of a "bride and groom", you'd be... You *are* equal. It's just that, instead of getting engaged, you would be... butt buddies. And everyone is happy!"

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It shouldn`t matter, I`m all for it.

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Giantkitty

> Religious beliefs are religious beliefs. I won't water them down just to seem cool to a bunch of strangers on the Internet.

Judges and ship captains can marry people. Some religions even allow it.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By azteris
Gameboi said:
"I don't dislike homosexuals, but I'm against gay marriage.  I expect nearly everyone here to disagree with me, but that's okay. Religious beliefs are religious beliefs. I won't water them down just to seem cool to a bunch of strangers on the Internet."
Maybe you could explain it, because it just looks like prejudice you are (somewhat) ashamed of.
Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AmericanPegasus
Linkyshinks said:
"I am all for it, but as for conducting these marriage ceremonies in churches, no.

Err, when the hell did Obama say he was against it??. He may be Christian but that doesn't mean he is against it.

"
He's against it, he wants civil unions that have equal benefits. Which is the classic "safe" route to take for politicians. I feel that is dumb and unnecessary, and goes against Brown v Board of Education.
zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By zitosilva

I'm 100% for it.

oraknabo
said:

"I think we need a whole new system. One type of marriage for people in a religious congregation and another type of secular union for everyone else that doesn't give a crap about religion. The rights for both would be the same, but there would be tighter regulations on the first, like you'd have to get approved by a legit religious leader first. Religious people would still get to keep the "sanctity" of their marriage and everyone else could get "married" as they please."

But isn't that the difference between a church marriage and a civil marriage? Though I don't agree with it, I can understand that church not wanting gay marriage since it goes against their belief. But ins't just the civil the gives you rights? I though the church one was merely symbolic for the religious people.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Linkyshinks
PercyChuggs said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"I am all for it, but as for conducting these marriage ceremonies in churches, no."

How about "Neither"? I don't care what other people do with their own lives, who am I to say what someone should or shouldn't be allowed to do?"

They can be whatever they want to be in this modern world, I just don't think they should be allowed to cause major turmoil for some churches due to their wishes when teachings are clear. Homosexuality goes against teachings and views expressed in the Bible to my knowledge,  I say no because of that. 

Those in charge of the Christian church are backward people, I cannot see them attempting to force any degree of change anytime soon. Christianity is simply not ready for it, some say it never will be.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Optiow

well, I don't mind.
 As long as they leave me be, I am good with it.
They should have the same rights as all of us.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By azteris
Linkyshinks said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"Linkyshinks said:

How about "Neither"? I don't care what other people do with their own lives, who am I to say what someone should or shouldn't be allowed to do?"

They can be whatever they want to be in this modern world, I just don't think they should be allowed to cause major turmoil for some churches due to their wishes when teachings are clear. Homosexuality goes against teachings and views expressed in the Bible to my knowledge,  I say no because of that. 

Those in charge of the Christian church are backward people, I cannot see them even attempting to force any degree of change anytime soon. Christianity is simply not ready for it, some say it never will be.

"
Oh, I assume you don't eat seafood and also frown at the idea of anyone getting tattoos also.

Oh wait.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Hexpane said:
"The USA's constitution guarantees equal rights under the law.   (Bill of rights)  therefore gays being blocked from getting married is not only illegal, it's anti american and quite possibly treason.

There is no debate, it doesn't matter how you "feel" about it, the entire basis of our country is equal rights for all under the law.  If you object to equal rights, you object to the entire basis of this country and you should seek citizenship elsewhere"
It's called getting married to your opposite gender.  That's equal rights...
Anyway, I think it should be legalized, called a different term, but I don't support gays.  They're just weird
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#32  Edited By dsplayer1010

If it makes them happy, then why not? I see nothing wrong with it

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CactusWolf

This discussion again? Really?

At any rate, I'm all for it.

Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AmericanPegasus
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Hexpane said:
"The USA's constitution guarantees equal rights under the law.   (Bill of rights)  therefore gays being blocked from getting married is not only illegal, it's anti american and quite possibly treason.

There is no debate, it doesn't matter how you "feel" about it, the entire basis of our country is equal rights for all under the law.  If you object to equal rights, you object to the entire basis of this country and you should seek citizenship elsewhere"
It's called getting married to your opposite gender.  That's equal rights...
Anyway, I think it should be legalized, called a different term, but I don't support gays.  They're just weird"
Yes but they obviously don't want to. In fact I think gay marriage would save alot of straight people the grief of marry a closet GLB person that felt that they had to fit into societies norm.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Linkyshinks
Azteris said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"Linkyshinks said:

Those in charge of the Christian church are backward people, I cannot see them even attempting to force any degree of change anytime soon. Christianity is simply not ready for it, some say it never will be.

"
Oh, I assume you don't eat seafood and also frown at the idea of anyone getting tattoos also.

Oh wait."

I eat seafood and have tattoos : /

I am respectful of the teachings found in all religions, and the wishes of some to try to preserve those teachings regardless of changes.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By oraknabo
zitosilva said:
"I'm 100% for it.

oraknabo
said:
"I think we need a whole new system. One type of marriage for people in a religious congregation and another type of secular union for everyone else that doesn't give a crap about religion. The rights for both would be the same, but there would be tighter regulations on the first, like you'd have to get approved by a legit religious leader first. Religious people would still get to keep the "sanctity" of their marriage and everyone else could get "married" as they please."

But isn't that the difference between a church marriage and a civil marriage? Though I don't agree with it, I can understand that church not wanting gay marriage since it goes against their belief. But ins't just the civil the gives you rights? I though the church one was merely symbolic for the religious people."
No, because every consenting adult would have equal access to the secular union and religious people would have zero say in it.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37  Edited By giyanks22

I don't mind having gay marriage, but I think it should be called something different.

I think it is morally and biologically wrong, because the whole point of marriage is to have children with the person you love, except two men or two women can't "Naturally" have children. So regardless of your religious beliefs it defies biology.

I hate to sound like John Kerry, but:
I'm not for it, but I'm not against it.

I don't think it should happen, but I don't mind people who are gay, because they can't help it, and everyone is guaranteed equal rights.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JoelTGM

wow, I didn't know so many people here were gay.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By azteris
Linkyshinks said:
"I eat seafood and have tattooAzteris said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"Linkyshinks said:

"

Oh wait."

I am respectful of the teachings found in all religions, and the wishes of some to try to preserve those teachings regardless of changes.

"
All I'm saying is, when you pick and choose what your going to follow (out of the same book of the bible), you need to take personal responsibility for not wanting gay marriage, not blame religious beliefs.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By chililili
Gameboi said:
"I don't dislike homosexuals, but I'm against gay marriage.  I expect nearly everyone here to disagree with me, but that's okay. Religious beliefs are religious beliefs. I won't water them down just to seem cool to a bunch of strangers on the Internet."
Thank you for relinquishing your brain, please leave it outside as you step out the door. Don't worry you are allowed to keep your spinal cord, we wouldn't want you to be unable to follow your religious friends.

zitosilva said:
"I'm 100% for it.

oraknabo
said:

But isn't that the difference between a church marriage and a civil marriage? Though I don't agree with it, I can understand that church not wanting gay marriage since it goes against their belief. But ins't just the civil the gives you rights? I though the church one was merely symbolic for the religious people."
I believe you are right in the US, (not entirely sure) in my country you are completely right. There are two separate unions and religious marriage is simply symbolic. I believe it is the same in the US but religious marriage can also be a legally binding union (in here you have to get married twice, I think you only need one marriage in the US).
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41  Edited By giyanks22
PercyChuggs said:
"Linkyshinks said:

Being gay goes against Christianity...
I don't know about Islam, or Judaism , but Sexual Immorality is considered being gay, and Christians don't approve of Sexual immorality. I think they should be allowed to be religious, but I don't think they should be "joined" in a house of worship , who's values go against the union.
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By MasturbatingBear
AmericanPegasus said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"I am all for it, but as for conducting these marriage ceremonies in churches, no.

"
He's against it, he wants civil unions that have equal benefits. Which is the classic "safe" route to take for politicians. I feel that is dumb and unnecessary, and goes against Brown v Board of Education."
yeah thats kinda fucked up. For it. I don't really see a reason to be against it. And I am Religious.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Bulldog19892

I'm for it. There's a separation of church and state in the Constitution of the United States, so the law cannot prevent gays from getting married simply because a prominent religious group is against it.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#44  Edited By wefwefasdf

The government shouldn't be legislating morality. The goal of the government is to protect its citizen and to provide justice for crimes against each other.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By azteris
giyanks22 said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"Linkyshinks said:

I don't know about Islam, or Judaism , but Sexual Immorality is considered being gay, and Christians don't approve of Sexual immorality. I think they should be allowed to be religious, but I don't think they should be "joined" in a house of worship , who's values go against the union."
Christianity is about toleration and not judging others. Being a prejudiced asshole is going against Christianity. You don't have to agree with someone, but to judge them and condemn them yourself is kind of a no-no.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Linkyshinks
Azteris said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"I eat seafood and have tattooAzteris said:
"Linkyshinks said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"Linkyshinks said:

"

Oh wait."

"
All I'm saying is, when you pick and choose what your going to follow (out of the same book of the bible), you need to take personal responsibility for not wanting gay marriage, not blame religious beliefs.

"

Err, I said nothing about not wanting gay marriage, I am all for it as my first post says, I am against ceremonies in churches because it goes against explicit views and teachings found within that religion.

For the record, I am neither a Christian or a Muslim, and definitely not a Jew.

destro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By destro

I dont think 2 guys should actually be officially "married" i think marriage is something between a man and a women, its been like that since the beginning of time and its worked out fine so far. If 2 guys want to get "married", they can; but i think they should be labeled as "life partners" and not a married couple.

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Giantkitty

>So regardless of your religious beliefs it defies biology.

See the book:  Biological exuberance : animal homosexuality and natural diversity
Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By MasturbatingBear
giyanks22 said:
"PercyChuggs said:
"Linkyshinks said:
Gay peoGay marriage: For or against? - giantbomb.comple can't be religious?

I don't know about Islam, or Judaism , but Sexual Immorality is considered being gay, and Christians don't approve of Sexual immorality. I think they should be allowed to be religious, but I don't think they should be "joined" in a house of worship , who's values go against the union."
That doesn't mean they cant be religious (christianity wise specifically). With your same point your saying all Christians hates gays, but thats not true.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By azteris
Giantkitty said:
"
>So regardless of your religious beliefs it defies biology.

See the book:  Biological exuberance : animal homosexuality and natural diversity"
Because everything we do is strictly for procreation of the race.

You people fucking astound me. Just because you let gay people get married doesn't mean every single person will automatically become gay. Homosexual partners have been around for hundreds, and even thousands of years, yet we managed to still be here.