GB Water bottle through TSA

kaungo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone here gone thru TSA checkpoints with a giantbomb bottle? Thinking about buying it but would love to hear any stories =]

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Literally why would you take anything with the word bomb on it through an airport. Are you dumb?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No stories but doesn't seem worth the risk lol

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you thinking about buying it just to go through airports?

You're not going to hear any stories because the TSA couldn't care less about what you have written on your water bottle. It's not going to be an issue unless every other thing about you is setting off alarm bells.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I have heard a lot of stories from people being wary of going through an airport but no real stories of anyone getting an enhanced search or anything like that. You should be fine! Just make sure it's empty.

Axl159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragtagbag: You should hear the story about one of the Gamespot crew (maybe Tam?) getting harassed by TSA because of a piece of equipment called a Shogun and the case was labeled. They were claiming that it said Shotgun. TSA will be on you for any reason they like.

RagTagBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@axl159: You're forgetting a major part of the context that he himself brought up. His name is Tamoor Hussain and he looks like a Tamoor Hussain. The fact that he's even asking the question shows he doesn't live with prejudice on a daily basis.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@axl159: You're forgetting a major part of the context that he himself brought up. His name is Tamoor Hussain and he looks like a Tamoor Hussain. The fact that he's even asking the question shows he doesn't live with prejudice on a daily basis.

DINGDINGDING!

The TSA is largely security theater, so if you've got the complexion for protection, you'll probably be fine.

voiceinject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have worn Giant Bomb t-shirts and hoodies while at air ports and havent been directly asked about them. I have been swabbed while wearing the hoodie but that was likely a narcotics check.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

OP, as others have insinuated, you’re probably fine around the TSA as long as your gunpowder residue levels and/or melanin levels are below the acceptable threshold.

kaungo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sombre: Am I dumb? Fuck No. Wanted to hear stories, that's it.

kaungo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragtagbag said:

DINGDINGDING!

The TSA is largely security theater, so if you've got the complexion for protection, you'll probably be fine.

On the one hand, I can't blame them for being vigilant but it does breed some uppity people. In my case, I was pulled aside once because the girl working the line thought I might have drugs on me. I did not. It was a bag with a couple of phone chargers and a Switch.

You'll be fine.

TSTypeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@axl159: It was Abby travelling to E3.

https://twitter.com/ybbaaabby/status/1005109919882928129?s=20&t=R19JnwVdb6f4-mmALgO9vg

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I know most of you think the TSA are senseless humorless drones, but they are actually people. The TSA has to deal with actual people trying to bring handguns and long gun open carry on flights. Karens who think they are important, idiots who cannot follow directions about how to form an 'single file' line, or to to explain to people to step up to the "next available" counter.

People wearing cartoon bombs are not exactly what they care or worry about. I have NEVER had an issue with TSA, but my mom would constantly get pull off to the side for every airplane trip we took. But, my mom is always pretty calm, very honest and very sweet natured - so it merely added an extra three minutes to her path through the TSA gate. That TSA is security threater, but it is the average traveler who is the bigger idiot and nuissance in an airport.

I travel enought on aircraft, trains and busesses that I just assume that any disagrreemnt between TSA and a travel, it the travelers fault. Any argument at teh gate between a traveler and flight crew its the travelers fault...or the upper management of the airline not the rank & file staff. People who travel rarely are often terrible, take a Keren (or Kyle) out their suburban lair into a place where they have to follow rules, and they will spin apart within 30 minutes.

heavyweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve definitely worn my Giant Bomb hat through TSA and on a plane. Just asserting my sigma energy.