Getting fucked up is pretty compelling within itself, but it really isn't.

MMMman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MMMman
No Caption Provided

The biggest problem with it all is choice, isn't it?

Where does one go when one faces the actual brick wall of drunken realisation? Where do you head when you dually realise that the people that are perpetuating your actions and the people who are holding you back are both fundamentally trying to kill you? Especially when you are trying to kill - albeit slowly - yourself ? What if the escapism of alcoholism is clearly the best resort? What if none of the shit that you find yourself tied to is actually representative of your true character? What if you feel that the roast Sunday you are about to host is simply a shallow way of making yourself feel worthwhile? What if you are so tired and drunk that you don't want to go to sleep for fear of losing yourself again? What if you are so scared of change that you undermine it with incessant triviality? What if you are smarter than you ever let on to others? What if you are too young to feel old, yet too old to feel young? What if you keep insisting on implementing magenta text on tenuously related images to head your posts? What if - however much you hate your own pitiful and unskilled grasp of the English language - you love the way you talk about things? What if you undermined this entire list by holding it in higher esteem than it was initially written under?

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Uhhhhhh.... happy Saturday night.

Be sure to bring some water to bed. You're likely to have a much worse hangover if you don't re-hydrate.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Well....

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

BRILLIANT, call Norton, we have a new page for his fucking Anthology!

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By flasaltine

Is this art?

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Go to bed.

MMMman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it looks like you went from alcohol to drugs....

Think I will make myself a drink.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RonGalaxy
Loading Video...

Welcome

MMMman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MMMman

@colourful_hippie: Oh, I'm there already. It clearly hasn't made me feel any better. Any recommendations?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spoonman671

Hey man, my generation is just searching for meaning in a meaningless time, ya know?

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mmmman: I'd give you advice, but I'm not sure what your post is getting at. I've read a few times and it's still confusing me

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

You sir, sound like you are having a great night.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jump head first into your passion, if you don't have one find one. Find a nice girl or guy to talk to. Go out to your favorite local restaurant and have a nice dinner or just get yourself immerse in the new Pokemon game. Or just stay inside, watch some funny movies and get laid/wack off and call it a night. Its life friend, plenty to enjoy.

MMMman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naru_joe93: I'm not sure advice is what I'm going for. I've got 'Bangerz' on and I'm just a bit afloat. Pure venting, brother.

Though thanks for the thought.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This is better than Brothers.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-twsuuQDN93s/URU6rq4g7OI/AAAAAAAANyg/sLAdK3Rcxao/s539/Derp-BoucherFace.gif

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hey, hey, hey, hey...

Smoke weed e'ery day.

colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By colourful_hippie

@mmmman said:

@colourful_hippie: Oh, I'm there already. It clearly hasn't made me feel any better. Any recommendations?

Embrace the darkness behind your eyelids.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

i'll drink to that.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

In vino veritas, my friend. If you think that when drunk, you are not you, you have the situation entirely backwards.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RonGalaxy

@mmmman said:

@naru_joe93: I'm not sure advice is what I'm going for. I've got 'Bangerz' on and I'm just a bit afloat. Pure venting, brother.

Though thanks for the thought.

well, its good to vent things out, though doing it on an internet forum might be a little safe for it to make a meaningful difference

If Im interpretting your post correctly, you're split between two different schools of thought. Letting loose or being straight laced, and how neither side sums you up as a person AND how it's putting a brick wall infront of your lifes progression. And, honestly, there's nothing I can say to help.

All I know is I was friends with people who drank because they thought they 'had' to do it to be normal/have fun, and I no longer talk to those people. Alcohol takes away one of the greatest things afforded to humanity, and that is voluntary thought and action. Personally, I like having complete control over myself.

On the other end, following a straight road to the end of your existance is extremely unrewarding.

So how can you live your life on your own terms, feeling some sort of fulfillment, and not have to rely on drugs and alcohol to do it? I'm not really sure...

To end my comment, Im only 20 and have found myself pondering a similar dilemma, though my lack of experience affords no bearing to my current opinion. All I can hope for is that things will make more sense as I get older, and if not I'll have to MAKE it make sense, or risk losing a lot.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

This is better than Brothers.

I COULDN'T BREATHE FOR A COUPLE SECONDS DAMMIT

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I was bored at home and went to see Gravity. Maybe go do that, I dunno. By yourself, doesn't matter.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have to find some balance. Extremes will almost always lead you to blindness. Be aware of yourself and pursue balance.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RonGalaxy

You have to find some balance. Extremes will almost always lead you to blindness. Be aware of yourself and pursue balance.

I really dont think it's that easy for the majority of people. Finding balance in this crazy restrictive, fucked up world is (probably) difficult. I guess I don't have enough experience to say either way, but it really doesn't seem that simple.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TruthTellah

@naru_joe93 said:

@truthtellah said:

I really dont think it's that easy for the majority of people. Finding balance in this crazy restrictive, fucked up world is (probably) difficult. I guess I don't have enough experience to say either way, but it really doesn't seem that simple.

It's certainly not easy, but that's independent of this world. You are who you are regardless of the world around you. The only thing we can ever completely control is how we are as an individual, as we can't always control any other factor. Sometimes, everything can be taken away from you, and it's in those times that you can better see what makes you who you are independent of circumstance.

Fortunately, it doesn't take feeling like you've lost everything to come to that conclusion and seek some balance in who you are; it just takes realizing that it's something to pursue in your life.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The madman's explanation of a thing is always complete, and often in a purely rational sense satisfactory. Or, to speak more strictly, the insane explanation, if not conclusive, is at least unanswerable; this may be observed specially in the two or three commonest kinds of madness. If a man says (for instance) that men have a conspiracy against him, you cannot dispute it except by saying that all the men deny that they are conspirators; which is exactly what conspirators would do. His explanation covers the facts as much as yours. Or if a man says that he is the rightful King of England, it is no complete answer to say that the existing authorities call him mad; for if he were King of England that might be the wisest thing for the existing authorities to do. Or if a man says that he is Jesus Christ, it is no answer to tell him that the world denies his divinity; for the world denied Christ's.

Imagination does not breed insanity. Exactly what does breed insanity is reason. Poets do not go mad; but chess-players do. Mathematicians go mad, and cashiers; but creative artists very seldom. I am not, as will be seen, in any sense attacking logic: I only say that this danger does lie in logic, not in imagination.
G. K. Chesterton
GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Google suicide and grab that 1-800 number.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember my first beer.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the room starts spinning get to the bathroom.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski said:

Hey, hey, hey, hey...

Smoke weed e'ery day.

At first i was like 'yeah' but then I remembered he died and was like, 'aww, man'. Such a bummer.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Loading Video...

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

babby's first existential breakdown

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

Are you a freshmen philosophy major?

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhhhhhh.... happy Saturday night.

Be sure to bring some water to bed. You're likely to have a much worse hangover if you don't re-hydrate.

Also, and just trust me here, don't drink and post.

...no wait, please drink and post more.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man,some of these comments are straight up dickish. We all know you're the coolest kids in the schoolyard, do you really have to be snarky pricks about it?

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TehBuLL

You should probably puke. That will make it feel better. Also take your contacts out before you goto sleep.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im drunk... also what...

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By Kazona

Your problem is thinking it has to be either, or. Just be your damn self and you'll eventually be surrounded with the right people.

And, seriously, don't drink because you think it's what you have to do in order to be part of the group. Fuck the group, have some character instead.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get over yourself.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fake your own life.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Oh I bet you're just a barrel of laughs at all the coolest parties in town.

@mmmman said:
No Caption Provided

The biggest problem with it all is choice, isn't it?

Where does one go when one faces the actual brick wall of drunken realisation? Home. Or McDonalds. Where do you head when you dually realise that the people that are perpetuating your actions and the people who are holding you back are both fundamentally trying to kill you? Stop being paranoid or get better friends. Either way go to McDonalds. Especially when you are trying to kill - albeit slowly - yourself ? Well you shouldn't do that. Drink tea and watch Six Feet Under. That show was pretty good. What if the escapism of alcoholism is clearly the best resort? I doubt it is. Trust me on the Six Feet Under thing. What if none of the shit that you find yourself tied to is actually representative of your true character? Own your actions, you are what you do. That's not a joke. What if you feel that the roast Sunday you are about to host is simply a shallow way of making yourself feel worthwhile? Fuck it, I love Sunday roast. Even if everything else is shit still make a roast... this is also not a joke. What if you are so tired and drunk that you don't want to go to sleep for fear of losing yourself again? Do like what they guy in that movie Momento did and tattoo notes on yourself. Maybe use a pen first and see if you like them. Or text yourself a reminder. Or buy post-it notes. What if you are so scared of change that you undermine it with incessant triviality? What if you hide behind overly complicated words and vague sentences to sound cool and "emotional"? What if you are smarter than you ever let on to others? You're so smart that you get drunk and have a online hissy fit on a video game website? Like, high school sucks, I get it... What if you are too young to feel old, yet too old to feel young? What if you're too sleepy to feel tired, yet too gassy to feel hungry? Seriously, are you like 14? What if you keep insisting on implementing magenta text on tenuously related images to head your posts? This part actually makes sense. What if - however much you hate your own pitiful and unskilled grasp of the English language - you love the way you talk about things? Keep a diary and pray you enemies never get a hold of it, but secretly you hope they do and realise how "deep" you are. What if you undermined this entire list by holding it in higher esteem than it was initially written under? Did you notice you have 99 posts? I hope your 100th is a good as this one!! Also, we can see your post history... played Second Life, you'll enjoy it.

You know what you should do -- charity work. Do something for someone else who will never thank you ... get some perspective on life.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blog of the year.

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By A_Dog

Amen, brother.

SleazyWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I drink a lot too.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By joshwent

Man, you're smart. All those words. Makin' sense, but not making sense just enough to seem interesting. Man, you're smart.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pandabear: Come now, he wasn't expecting a sober response.