Giant Bomb on Pacific Rim - Bombcast Clip :D

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Loved Giant Bomb's feelings on Pacific Rim in last week's Bombcast, and I figured I'd put together a clip for anyone else who wants to hear their thoughts.

Anyone wanna talk Pacific Rim?

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By benpicko

It wouldn't have worked if it wasn't as self-aware as it was, but as it was I loved it.

Edit: Whoa, they didn't like the comic relief attempts? It's like the only reason the film works. Whenever I began rolling my eyes at the awful dialogue, some retarded comedic moment popped up to completely diffuse the hamfisted serious parts that don't really work.

Duskwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Duskwind

@benpicko: Loved Pacific Rim. And I gotta agree...the moments of comic relief were needed and compensated for some of the awful dialogue.

SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Giant Bomb's "Dumb = Great" logic about movies, and I thought their appreciation of this film for its devotion to dumb anime-esque dialogue and characters was spot-on.

I do disagree about the comedy as well though. Even the parts like when Gipsy punches the office building and happens to tap the steel balls were really charming to me. Here's hoping for more of this type of movie!

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MegaLombax

Absolutely loved the movie. I'm a huge robot/mech fan. The storyline was mediocre but to me the whole point of the movie was to show huge robots punching huge monsters. Loved the details of each of the Jaegers, especially the sense of weight.

SPOILERS:

Anybody knows why in the end, they needed a Kaiju to go into the wormhole to go to the Kaiju homeworld but were able to easily go back to Earth?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By probablytuna

@megalombax: I think it's a plot hole they just never bothered to explain because it's at the end of the movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-650f737f2e2d5
deactivated-650f737f2e2d5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOILERS:

Anybody knows why in the end, they needed a Kaiju to go into the wormhole to go to the Kaiju homeworld but were able to easily go back to Earth?

Because the wormhole was still open from when they entered.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@megalombax: I think it's a plot hole they just never bothered to explain because it's at the end of the movie.

they get scanned in or some shit, it's explained when the scientists come out of the mind meld thing

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MegaLombax

@probablytuna: It was my first impression too, a plot hole to give a happy ending. But @silentpredator and @red12b has got points too. The ending seemed pretty definite that there would be no sequels, but more would be nice.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12b: What do you mean by scanned in? If they needed a kaiju to get into the homeworld, would getting out through the wormhole require the same thing?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12b: What do you mean by scanned in? If they needed a kaiju to get into the homeworld, would getting out through the wormhole require the same thing?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrfluke

pacific rim was a hell of a lot of fun, i hope dvd and blu ray sales will be enough to get a sequel greenlit as the ideas del toro expressed about a sequel sound real interesting

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Really enjoyed it. Don't think to hard about the technobabble stuff. Always makes movies more enjoyable for me at least.