Gladiator 2 yay or nay?

• 54 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Gladiator 2 yay or nay? (225 votes)

Yay! 10%
Nay. Nope. 41%
Wait... Ridley Scott is really making a sequel to Gladiator? Okaaaay. 49%

I just heard the news that Ridley Scott is making a sequel to Gladiator. Love the first or hate it, I feel like if there was any movie that didn't really need a sequel, Gladiator is probably one of them. I liked the first fine despite its historical inaccuracies, and Hans Zimmer's soundtrack is phenomenal. I do wonder if he'll be back for the sequel (I doubt it?) I don't know, it just seems really odd to me: perhaps a bad decision on Ridley's part. I imagine it being another one of his other 'historical' or biblical films, where it just kind of falls flat. There isn't a whole lot of news on the film yet, but I thought I'd ask what all your thoughts are on this. Did you like the first, is a sequel really something that people would look forward to?

• 
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, so I guess I could have done a little more digging before posting, but here's what I found for anyone curious and making up wild theories as to what it might be about. This is from Deadline.

While Crowe’s Maximus character met his end in the classic original film, Gladiator 2 will follow the continuing story of Lucius, the son of Lucilla (Connie Nielsen), The youth was the nephew of Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix), the weaselly son of Roman leader Marcus Aurelius who murdered his father seized the throne and wound up in the gladiator ring with Maximus, who though mortally wounded, skewered the emperor before fading into the great beyond to reunite with his slain wife and son. Maximus saved the boy and his mother while avenging his own family, and left a strong impression on the young Lucius

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mmmslash said:

This is slightly off-topic, but has anyone seen that three hour cut of the original?

Boy, is it not an improvement. Most of it is extended scenes of Joaquin Phoenix trying to bone down with his sister, and them some training montages for him (I guess to justify the ending's absurdity).

I saw the blu ray full cut one time which I rented from work(blockbuster....). I didn't like it. The two scenes with Phoenix where he goes crazy attacking a bust of his father, and another where he walks inbetween men being shot full of arrows and killed and orders his men to shoot(better not miss) I enjoyed. He was crazy and sadistic and in terrible anguish. Every other extra scene I thought made the movie worse. More senator politics with the sister? Not a bad idea, but boring and diluted Maximus' scenes.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I said “Yay”, because I thought he was finally making the rumored time traveling ridiculous sequel he originally wanted to make. Now that I know it’s about the kid all grownup, I’m less enthusiastic.

blackadder88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joey do you like Gladiator movies?