• 123 results
carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By carzy

Good lol at how ridicules most of this global warming bs actually is. Personally I don't be leave in it but who knows if it actually true.

http://noworldsystem.com/2008/07/31/penn-teller-bullshit-being-green/

enjoy

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

SAVE THE PENGUINS!

infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By infect999

I'm all for not making our environments suck, but the whole global warming thing is a load of crap imo

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, so I actually watched the video now, and it's pretty hilarious. I laughed pretty hard. XD

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By lordofultima

How can you not believe in global warming? Isn't this sort of a fact?

infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By infect999
lordofultima said:
"How can you not believe in global warming? Isn't this sort of a fact?
"

It's not fact. It's a bunch of retards making a big deal about a natural cycle of the earth.
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By efrucht

Come live down here in Florida where it is hotter than hell. Things have never been this hot before....
Curses...global warming... >_>

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Player1

Anything headed by Al Gore im behind 100%! I mean why not believe him, he proved manbearpig was real!

Going to put out there, before I get flamed, that Im being sarcastic
Canadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Canadian
Player1 said:
"Anything headed by Al Gore im behind 100%! I mean why not believe him, he proved manbearpig was real!
"

He's half man, half bearpig!
Avatar image for semicolon1twlev2
semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By semicolon1twlev2
infect999 said:
"lordofultima said:
"How can you not believe in global warming? Isn't this sort of a fact?
"

It's not fact. It's a bunch of retards making a big deal about a natural cycle of the earth."
They know it's a natural cycle.  They're just worried that we're adding to that.
Avatar image for americanpegasus
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AmericanPegasus

Yeah who the hell would believe in global warming..

..next thing you know you're telling me that the world isn't flat and evolution is real.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lordofultima
AmericanPegasus said:
"Yeah who the hell would believe in global warming..

..next thing you know you're telling me that the world isn't flat and evolution is real.
"
I love you, as long as that's ok with you, anyway.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By BoG

Who cares if global warming is real or not? Does is really matter? We still live on this planet, and we need to keep it nice.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Karmum

You don't believe in Global Warming? Your kidding, right? I guess the ice is just melting because its bored. Summers are getting even hotter, and the winters are getting warmer. (at least in NJ). :(

I'm not a hardcore believer, but it is getting warmer each year, and we can at least try and delay it. Or go all Futurama and dump ice into the water.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By clarke0

Global warming has sped up drastically thanks to increasing human carbon dioxide emissions. It's scientific fact that CO2 traps heat and warms the atmosphere. The current rate of global warming being a natural occurrence is what I like to call, bullshit.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BoG
Karmum said:
"You don't believe in Global Warming? Your kidding, right? I guess the ice is just melting because its bored. Summers are getting even hotter, and the winters are getting warmer. (at least in NJ). :(

I'm not a hardcore believer, but it is getting warmer each year, and we can at least try and delay it. Or go all Futurama and dump ice into the water.
"
In NJ, maybe, but last year we had the most snowfall we have had in a decade. This summer has been relatively cool, too.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By azteris

I can't stand people that try and act like they've read up on the issue when they say  "ITS JUST A NATURAL CYCLE".

Yes, it is. There are also many studies leading to the conclusion that we're speeding it up much faster than the rate the Earth normally goes at.

AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AmericanPegasus

The good old fashion global warming debate..

Side A: Global warming is real

Side B:Not it's not.

^^^sums up the whole thing rather nicely IMO.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BoG
Azteris said:
"I can't stand people that try and act like they've read up on the issue when they say  "ITS JUST A NATURAL CYCLE".

Yes, it is. There are also many studies leading to the conclusion that we're speeding it up much faster than the rate the Earth normally goes at."
There are also many studies leading to the conclusion that it's just a natural cycle.
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AmericanPegasus
BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"I can't stand people that try and act like they've read up on the issue when they say  "ITS JUST A NATURAL CYCLE".

Yes, it is. There are also many studies leading to the conclusion that we're speeding it up much faster than the rate the Earth normally goes at."
There are also many studies leading to the conclusion that it's just a natural cycle.
"
See..told ya?
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By DARKIDO07
Karmum said:
"You don't believe in Global Warming? Your kidding, right? I guess the ice is just melting because its bored. Summers are getting even hotter, and the winters are getting warmer. (at least in NJ). :(

"
Yeah the ice melts because the Earth naturally cools and heats up over long periods of times. What would have Al Gore said if the Earths temperature was cooled by 1* "Hey get in your H1 and drive like a madman!"?
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#22  Edited By mike

i think it's just a natural cycle, but I also think we should be exploring energy alternatives to get away from using oil.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By azteris
BoG said:
"Azteris said:

"

The idea that the Earth will rise and lower it's average temperatures is true. It has natural cycles. We're moving it faster than it normally would go. I don't understand how you can accept that the greenhouse effect is true and then say global warming isn't without being a mouthbreathing retard.
infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By infect999
Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:

"

The idea that the Earth will rise and lower it's average temperatures is true. It has natural cycles. We're moving it faster than it normally would go. I don't understand how you can accept that the greenhouse effect is true and then say global warming isn't without being a mouthbreathing retard."

you can accept that the greenhouse affect is true but not this extreme
henjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By henjin

Well I know that the sun is stronger than ever, because it feels too hot. It never did before....Damn people destroying the ozone layer....Im talking to you people from the 70-80's! Releasing chloroflurocarbons into the atmosphere!

infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By infect999
henjin said:
"Well I know that the sun is stronger than ever, because it feels too hot. It never did before....Damn people destroying the ozone layer....Im talking to you people from the 70-80's! Releasing chloroflurocarbons into the atmosphere!
"
that's the power of suggestion, buddy. also, its summer, so obviously it's going to get hot.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By azteris
infect999 said:
"Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:

"

The idea that the Earth will rise and lower it's average temperatures is true. It has natural cycles. We're moving it faster than it normally would go. I don't understand how you can accept that the greenhouse effect is true and then say global warming isn't without being a mouthbreathing retard."

you can accept that the greenhouse affect is true but not this extreme"
You really can't though, that's the problem. If you admit that the greenhouse effect is true, then you admit that carbon dioxide traps heat in the atmosphere. Also, that the more carbon dioxide you emit, the more heat that gets trapped in. Well, we are emitting carbon dioxide more and more because of several reasons, mostly the burning of fossil fuels. We all know one of the biggest usages of fossil fuels are cars. Adding this to the fact that population growth is often exponential in places that don't have laws otherwise (China), then reason would serve that more and more cars will be on the road. So our carbon emissions go up and up, leading to trapping more heat. Which will cause the Earth to trap more heat than it should, leading to what people have dubbed 'Global Warming'.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BoG
Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:

"

Oh, I'm sorry, but if you're going to be using ad hominem rather then a true refutation then I know this discussion is a complete waste of my time.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By azteris
BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:

"

Oh, I'm sorry, but if you're going to be using ad hominem rather then a true refutation then I know this discussion is a complete waste of my time.
"

You never cited any study. How am I to refute them?
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BoG
Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:

"

"

You never cited any study. How am I to refute them?"
You're the one who began speaking of studies.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By azteris
BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:

"

"

"
and you're the one who began insulting people.
lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lordofultima

Wow, I didn't imagine this would come of this thread. Srsly?

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BoG
Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:

"

"

"
and you're the one who began insulting people.
"
Oh yes, with my mouthbreathing retard comment.
AmericanPegasus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AmericanPegasus

I like debate thread...more interesting than most of the topics on this board, and something these forums have been lacking.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By azteris

I made general statements against uninformed people. You made a personal jab insinuating I wasn't worth your time.

Unless you admit to being a person who talks about an issue without being informed about it, you have no point.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By azteris
carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By carzy
Azteris said:

lets see those studies please

henjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By henjin
infect999 said:
"henjin said:
"Well I know that the sun is stronger than ever, because it feels too hot. It never did before....Damn people destroying the ozone layer....Im talking to you people from the 70-80's! Releasing chloroflurocarbons into the atmosphere!
"
that's the power of suggestion, buddy. also, its summer, so obviously it's going to get hot.
"
Well yes, but not this hot....Plus, long ago, you would never ever see spf 45 sun screen it was always in the lower ones like 15.
Also, you can't deny the ozone layer has been depleting.
carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By carzy
Karmum said:

"
  obviously you didnt watch the video
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By azteris
carzy said:
"Azteris said:

lets see those studies please

"
Look up.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BoG
Azteris said:
"
I made general statements against uninformed people. You made a personal jab insinuating I wasn't worth your time.

Unless you admit to being a person who talks about an issue without being informed about it, you have no point.

"
I said ad hominem wasn't worth my time.
In response to that second sentence... what? Wouldn't the one who discusses an issue without being informed be pointless? What difference does it make if they admit to being uninformed?
Avatar image for semicolon1twlev2
semicolon1twlev2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By semicolon1twlev2

Are Global Warming threads going to be the Religion threads of GiantBomb?

infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By infect999
BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"

"
In response to that second sentence... what? Wouldn't the one who discusses an issue without being informed be pointless? What difference does it make if they admit to being uninformed?
"

It makes him feel better about himself
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By azteris
BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"

"
"

I can't answer the first question because it makes no sense.

For clarification, I was stating that my insult was targeting a group of people. Then, assuming you don't feel the need to get insulted on other's behalf, you would only be insulted if you were part of that group. So, for you to be insulted personally, you would have to be in the group I insulted (people who are uninformed). So unless you admit to being in this group of people, I didn't insult you personally.

However, you said that my statement was not worth your time, which then you can infer I, as a part of this debate, am not worth your time. That is a personal insult to my character. As such, unless you admit to being in the group of people that uninformed (which would make my statement a personal insult), you were the first one who insulted someone in paticular.

We all clear?

If so, we can get back to debate.
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BoG
Azteris said:
"BoG said:
"Azteris said:
"

"
"

I can't answer the first question because it makes no sense.

For clarification, I was stating that my insult was targeting a group of people. Then, assuming you don't feel the need to get insulted on other's behalf, you would only be insulted if you were part of that group. So, for you to be insulted personally, you would have to be in the group I insulted (people who are uninformed). So unless you admit to being in this group of people, I didn't insult you personally.

However, you said that my statement was not worth your time, which then you can infer I, as a part of this debate, am not worth your time. That is a personal insult to my character. As such, unless you admit to being in the group of people that uninformed (which would make my statement a personal insult), you were the first one who insulted someone in paticular.

We all clear?

If so, we can get back to debate."
Yes, that clarifies the statement. However, I read your statement as directed at everyone who felt that global warming wasn't real. You said "I don't understand how you can accept that the greenhouse effect is true and then say global warming isn't without being a mouthbreathing retard." From this, I take that I, if I believe that global warming is not real and that the greenhouse effect is fact, then I am a retard. Nowhere in your post did you make a statement about the uninformed, unless you are calling all those who disagree with you uninformed.
infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By infect999
henjin said:
"infect999 said:
"henjin said:
"
"
Well yes, but not this hot....Plus, long ago, you would never ever see spf 45 sun screen it was always in the lower ones like 15.
"

the whole ozone thing is a different subject than global warming. And its really been an overall cool summer so far. In fact, I just realized today it hasn't even reached 90 yet in my area. Not to mention we had one of the coldest and snowiest winters in ages.
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By azteris
infect999 said:
"henjin said:
"infect999 said:
"henjin said:
"
"
"

the whole ozone thing is a different subject than global warming. And its really been an overall cool summer so far. In fact, I just realized today it hasn't even reached 90 yet in my area. Not to mention we had one of the coldest and snowiest winters in ages."

Don't use 'your area' as a measure for whether or not global warming is a worthwhile theory.
infect999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By infect999
Azteris said:
"infect999 said:
"henjin said:
"infect999 said:
"henjin said:
"
"
"

the whole ozone thing is a different subject than global warming. And its really been an overall cool summer so far. In fact, I just realized today it hasn't even reached 90 yet in my area. Not to mention we had one of the coldest and snowiest winters in ages."

Don't use 'your area' as a measure for whether or not global warming is a worthwhile theory."

Much of the world has seen the same thing as where I live.
carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By carzy
lordofultima said:
"Wow, I didn't imagine this would come of this thread. Srsly?
"
its my thread what do you expect hehehehe
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By azteris
infect999 said:
"Azteris said:
"infect999 said:
"henjin said:
"infect999 said:
"henjin said:
"
"
"

Don't use 'your area' as a measure for whether or not global warming is a worthwhile theory."

Much of the world has seen the same thing as where I live."
And you know this how?