Gpu help for a novice

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Hi folks! Super novice at pc building here. I recently was able to get a Gigabyte GV-N770OC-2GD GeForce GTX 770 2GB 1.14GHz. I need a new power supply as the one I have now is only 500w and I'm looking for around a 700w one. I tried parts picker but my mother board isn't listed (or listed in a way I could find it.) It's a Asus p5k. Does anyone know of a power supply that would work? Thanks in advance!

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any modern power supply will be fine for your board. You should be able to find a reliable model using PC Part Picker. The EVGA units are a popular choice.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Naoiko

@dgtlty: I couldn't find my motherboard listed on parts picker. Thus why I posted here.

SoylentGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

What @dgtlty is saying is that any modern power supply will work for motherboards these days, just pick one that has a good rating (and the wattage you need, of course) from your supplier of choice.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

^ Exactly. This page might be a good place to start.

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What they said. :P You seem to have a pretty standard ATX motherboard. The power supply just needs to fit into your case and provide the requisite 6-pin and 8-pin connections (often listed as 6+2) to your new graphics card. I have an EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold and it's fine. I can't really recommend one over the other; check out the ratings and consider your budget.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

As people have said above you board is a typical 24 pin + 8pin connector for the power to the board. So ninety nine percent of the power supplies you buy will accommodate the 24 pin and will likely have a 4+4 pin or just an 8 pin for the EPS 12v CPU power.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

What @dgtlty is saying is that any modern power supply will work for motherboards these days, just pick one that has a good rating (and the wattage you need, of course) from your supplier of choice.

Just echoing, so you feel comfortable with your decision. All modern PSUs have the standard pin connectors needed for any motherboards on the market nowadays. Make sure its got a good rating, perhaps a good number of good reviews and you feel its a good value.