Group Lets Play channel recommendations?

GnosisLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With the announcement that the Super Best Friends are disbanding, I'm looking for other Youtube or Twitch LP channels featuring group content. I generally don't enjoy LPs with a single person talking to themself.

Since most of Giant Bomb's video content is done in small groups, I figure there are probably other people here with similar preferences. Does anyone have any channels they watch regularly that they would recommend?

To start, I'll recommend TFS Gaming, despite not being a big Dragon Ball fan. Their Nuzlockes are pretty great.

Bittersweet Gamers have also done some good LPs, mostly focused on Visual Novel style games.

Lastly, Super Beard Bros do some good retro LPs, though I don't like how often they abandon games without finishing them.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Giant Bomb produces more content than I could possibly find the time to consume. That said, I’ve watched some solo Dave Lang stuff. His PT playthrough is my reason for all seasons.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter is my favorite when it comes to group content. They produce so much damn content it is insane. I remember when there were less than 10 people in the company, and now there are over 400. The amount of growth they've gone through will never stop amazing me.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm a pretty big fan of Run Button's various Sonic the Hedgehog and Mario LPs. Haven't necessarily checked out a ton of their other stuff, but those two playlists are worth it on their own. They're also fans of Giant Bomb and friends with Austin Walker, so there's occasionally some weird overlap where they talk about something that happens on this site.

Damenco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there a lot of people who have their own channels?

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I feel ya, a good LP is hard to find. I discovered the SBF channel six months ago and loved it, so I guess I'm just gonna start going through their backlog now. Also just following their individual channels - they'll stream with their spouses if nothing else.

They aren't in any way similar in dynamic or interests to the SBF, but I enjoy Chipcheezum's videos. Really knowledgable, funny dude. Plays the games well. Does some smart edits. Talks like a regular human being, although a nerdy one. He usually does them alongside his pal Ironicus or his girlfriend Voidburger(who also has her own channel where he will sometimes co-host), and I heartily recommend the latter. Their dynamic is too cute.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If nothing else I think everyone who has any interest in lets play should have to watch the Chip and Ironicus Revengeance playthrough.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, absolutely.