Bump

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By shimbibby

squier is meh, but telecaster body is pretty badass. you could always upgrade the picup to a jim duncan invader humbuker and have even better sound. not a fan of peavey guitars (good amps tho) the bc is pretty damn hardcore metal-looking. i say squier.

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By tmontana1004
shimbibby said:
"squier is meh, but telecaster body is pretty badass. you could always upgrade the picup to a jim duncan invader humbuker and have even better sound. not a fan of peavey guitars (good amps tho) the bc is pretty damn hardcore metal-looking. i say squier.
"

So I'm pretty much stuck between the B.C. Rich and the Squier. The one reason I am considering the Warbeast is because the Pickups make it sound sound godly for a budget guitar.
SlayingShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SlayingShogun

I recommend going to a guitar center and trying all three out and see which one is comfortable for you to play and which one sounds better to you. Play everything you know on it and see which you like better dont be afraid to play something that seems noobish too. we may say get so and so guitar but when you play it you might not like it sounds and find it uncomfortable to play.

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shimbibby

you should definitely go with your gut feeling...only problem is, would you get tired of the look after awhile? you should def. go with the better sounding one for the style of music you play

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tmontana1004
SlayingShogun said:
"I recommend going to a guitar center and trying all three out and see which one is comfortable for you to play and which one sounds better to you. Play everything you know on it and see which you like better dont be afraid to play something that seems noobish too. we may say get so and so guitar but when you play it you might not like it sounds and find it uncomfortable to play.
"
The only problem would be that my local Guitar Center doesn't carry Peavey guitars. And I just want to get a general opinion before trying it out. People say the Warbeast is only good for metal which is a turn off for me. That's mainly why I'm here.
shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By shimbibby

ive tried peaveys they sound rough, (the ones ive tried anyways) ive have a fender strat for years and absolutely love it. the squier is all around great. i woudl get the warbeast if youre mroe into metal then. otherwise, telecaster

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tmontana1004
shimbibby said:
"ive tried peaveys they sound rough, (the ones ive tried anyways) ive have a fender strat for years and absolutely love it. the squier is all around great. i woudl get the warbeast if youre mroe into metal then. otherwise, telecaster
"
Well then I'm probably going for the Tele then, I just wanna here them both through an amp first before making my final decision.
shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shimbibby

nice, good luck man

tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tmontana1004

Thanks for the help!

SlayingShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SlayingShogun

yeah the warbeast is more metal oriented and you really shouldn't buy a guitar based on its looks either. I'd probably go with the squier

osmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By osmiles

The warbeast is only good for metal. If your fine with just playing that then go for it. But for an all round good sounding guitar go for the squire.

DJSneakyBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DJSneakyBear

hope im not too late, but i think you can get a decent schecter, ibanez, or epiophone for around that price range.  IMO i would stay away from the ones u listed, since you're an "advanced-beginner" and not just starting.  if you're kinda getting out of the beginner area then IMO i would invest in something nicer than the ones you listed(nothing wrong with them, but in my opinion those guitars are for more entry level guitarists and you sound like you're not really in that area anymore).  hope that helps ^__^.

whyzenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By whyzenheimer

BC Rich's, although I love their style, are not always very comfortable to play or very versatile in sound.  I would also vote for the fender given your choices, but I'm a Les Paul man myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm a telecaster man, but I really do love Peavey Predators.

Avatar image for deactivated-579a5a254c9a3
deactivated-579a5a254c9a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a telecaster man, but I really do love Peavey Predators.

marbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By marbig

A crappy mock Stratocaster? Me too!

SX sucks.
SX sucks.
Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shawn

Don't go with the B.C they're really only for show.
If your price range is 100-250 look into a Les Paul Epiphones.

Aarny91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By Aarny91

I don't really know.

phoenyx9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By phoenyx9

I had a squire strat as my first guitar, for the money you can't go wrong.  I would change out the pickups though.  I actually got a Kramer with 2 Seymore Duncan humbuckers in it, for like $200, that thing sounded awesome.  If you can find one of those I thought it was way better than the squire, it didn't feel or sound as cheezy.

However if you could wait until you could afford an American Standard Strat, those are the best.  I have 2.

Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Verdugo

I say the Peavey Predator out of those 3.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Rowr

Im not familiar with the predator. But i was playing my mates guitar when i started, an old Peavy Nathan Cavileri Signature and its one of the most comfortable guitars i have played. I was very comfortable with it. I would avoid the squier. But thats only because i hate mine.

iamsickofspam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iamsickofspam

My opinion, save more money and go for a 2nd hand mexican made fender strat, they cant be much more than your budget in your local guitar shop.

if you cant hold on much longer go for the squire strat, really should save a little bit more cash though.

There is a reason why strats are so popular, they are great guitars, dont pick some elaborate metal design because its cool, pick a functional and proven great guitar, you have a pink floyd avatar, so ill take it you like dave gilmours tone, seriously if you can save a little bit more money and look at the 2nd hand fender strats that are mexican made, they will be half the price of the american made fenders, and for all intents and purposes they are just as good, especially for a beginner.

stick a nice set of diaddario 9-42s on it and anybody who plays guitar well wont struggle to get some amazing sounds out of it.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Wolverine

Get the Peavy or the Squier.