Guy taking selfie on train tracks

• 90 results
lun49gameon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I saw this on the youtube front page and it has 7 million views. In the video you see a young man supposedly taking a selfie on the train tracks and all of a sudden a train passes by and the train conductor kicks the guy in the head. Right after this the guy says "that guy kicked me in the head", not knowing that the train conductor actually saved his life. People on reddit slowed the video down and found that the conductor of the train actually blocked the train from hitting the head of the individual. By sticking his foot out he managed to shield the head of the individual and saved him from getting hit by a metal part of the train. Some people are saying this video might have been fake but Im looking at it and it certainly does not seem like it. What do you think? Was this guy stupid for trying to take a selfie on the train tracks? Why is he taking a video when he said he was taking a selfie?

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad he's still in the gene pool. It's beyond stupid to do it on train tracks with earplugs in.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Even if he kicked him to kick him, he deserved it.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4 MattyFTM  Moderator

Since when are video selfies a thing?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Watch the video in slow motion. See that protruding metal piece behind the engineer's leg? That kid would have been minus a head if it wasn't for the foot softening the blow, he owes that man his life. What a moron.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dumb twat.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

What a moron. Too bad that kick didn't knock some sense into him lol.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By mikey87144

It's probably been pointed out to him by now that the conductor saved his life. Unfortunately he will breed and produce children with limited brain functionality like him.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow wow wow I saw this when I woke up, seriously didn't know what to think about it did not realize that he saved that dudes life.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's probably been pointed out to him by now that the conductor saved his life. Unfortunately he will breed and produce children with limited brain functionality like him.

Saved his life from what? I don't see anything that's sticking out as far the guy's foot.

Either way, the guy's an idiot getting so close to a moving train anyway. He'd probably sit in the middle of the highway to get a picture with a car.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer: The conductor's leg comes out for the nudge, there's some kind of metal rail or bar that's sticking out behind his leg that protrudes maybe 6" from the train.

Cops should arrest the crap out of the kid and slap everything they can on him. What a dumb ass. Instead, he's going to get a multi-thousand dollar check for those 7+ million views.

Tirion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly someone will most likely die in the next 6 months while trying to reenact a selfie near a moving vehicle.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Why would he be filming a selfie?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@snail: Because he's a narcissist.

Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SomethingClever

I'm a little surprised by the number of people I've seen all over (online and off) questioning the video selfie. Ugh, I just shuddered using 'selfie', such a dumb term. Anyhow, maybe I'm in the minority but I often take video of things to later pull a single frame out of it depending on what I'm trying to capture. It's easier to flip over to video mode than it is to switch the settings to "sports mode" where it will snap like a thousand pictures a second to try to be sure to capture the moment.

So if I was dumb enough to do what this kid is doing, I would also take video and then scrub through it looking for a single great frame to use as the actual picture.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Just think, a few inches backward and he could've seriously hurt himself. All for a dumb little video.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that an Aussie? Figures

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just think, a few inches backward and he could've seriously hurt himself. All for a dumb little video.

It's a train. I think "seriously hurt" is a touch of an understatement.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TehPickle

Goodness gracious. What a complete fucking numpty.

What bothers me with this kind of thing is that he isn't just taking his own life into his hands, but also the lifelong mental state of the train driver that could've been forced to witness a decapitation.

If that guy ends up with a payout for that, it will be a travesty.

Jazz_Bcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people just make you so angry they exist based on a 10 second first impression.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys seem to behind on the world of stupid internet trends. Video selfies have started to become a thing for while now.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I saw the video and the comments pointing out the fact that the conductor saved his life. Would have lost his head if he didn't get the boot to the face.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By Yummylee

Have no fear, for we have Top Trains for such individuals.

No Caption Provided

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@yummylee said:

No Caption Provided

That may be the funniest GIF I've ever seen.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

You guys seem to behind on the world of stupid internet trends. Video selfies have started to become a thing for while now.

I think you should abstain yourself from the internet for a while...you're in too deep.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

No Caption Provided

That may be the funniest GIF I've ever seen.

*right click, save as...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikey87144 said:

Saved his life from what? I don't see anything that's sticking out as far the guy's foot.

Either way, the guy's an idiot getting so close to a moving train anyway. He'd probably sit in the middle of the highway to get a picture with a car.

Saved from this.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking at this slowed down version the "protruding metal" looks like it is just part of the ladder and does not actually stick out very far.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AlexanderSheen

It doesn't really matter whether the conductor kicked him to save his life or not, that guy deserved it. Fucking idiot.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By roboculus92

It doesn't really matter whether the conductor kicked him to save his life or not, that guy deserved it. Fucking idiot.

I agree.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Aetheldod

@alexandersheen said:

Yep... hope he learned his lesson , you dont fuckin play/do selfies/be near of a moving train!!!!!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone on my facebook feed linked the video yesterday and went on a rant about it and how dangerous it was for the conductor to do. Nothing about how much of an idiot this guy is for standing within legs reach of a moving train. And looking at the video/gifs in slow motion, it does look like the conductor actually did it to decrease the chance of this guys head meeting part of the train.

Wired_Abyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, if the conductor thought that kid was in danger, he had every right to kick him away. I've heard stories from train conductors about watching people just get run over.

So he may have saved an idiot, but at least he didn't have to see a kid get killed.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

God, the human race never fails to show how stupid it can be.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dave Lang should add the Train Conductor to Divekick.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By monetarydread

@i_stay_puft said:

Dave Lang should add the Train Conductor to Divekick.

This x 1000!!!

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit guys, calm down. I don't if you realize it, but you're doing the exact thing that a video on the front page of this site is putting a spotlight on.

Yeah sure it was stupid, but you're way out of line claiming he should have been killed or never born in the first place. Seriously, grow up children.

He's probably read a thousand comments about how he's a fucking idiot, still you just join the mob with your torches and pitchforks. For shame.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By Jimbo

@49th said:

Looking at this slowed down version the "protruding metal" looks like it is just part of the ladder and does not actually stick out very far.

Looking at that slowed down version I don't think there's any doubt that the train dude saved that kid's life and risked his own to do it.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_: Finally an adult has arrived! We're saved!

Doing a selfie near the train tracks when a train is coming is really stupid and uploading that video (he filmed himself so he's probably the one who has the footage) is equally stupid. If you did a dumb thing, why would do you show the whole world how stupid you were? What was he thinking (or rather why didn't he think?)

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_: Finally an adult has arrived! We're saved!

Doing a selfie near the train tracks when a train is coming is really stupid and uploading that video (he filmed himself so he's probably the one who has the footage) is equally stupid. If you did a dumb thing, why would do you show the whole world how stupid you were? What was he thinking (or rather why didn't he think?)

He was likely thinking, "Step 1: This will get views."

There aren't any steps after that.

(also, I think Legion_ actually has a point regarding how some people are talking about it)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht said:

@truthtellah: Damn kid's working us all over.

We fell right into his apparently painful trap.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ZolRoyce

@legion_ said:

Shit guys, calm down. I don't if you realize it, but you're doing the exact thing that a video on the front page of this site is putting a spotlight on.

Yeah sure it was stupid, but you're way out of line claiming he should have been killed or never born in the first place. Seriously, grow up children.

He's probably read a thousand comments about how he's a fucking idiot, still you just join the mob with your torches and pitchforks. For shame.

What in the world are you going on about? The worst these comments are really getting is that he deserved a kick in the head for doing something stupid. Which he kind of did. Seems like you are kind of picking at a straw that isn't really there.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

@legion_ said:

What in the world are you going on about? The worst these comments are really getting is that he deserved a kick in the head for doing something stupid. Which he kind of did. Seems like you are kind of picking at a straw that isn't really there.

Yea there isn't a single comment that crosses the line in this thread no idea what you are freaking out about.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Too bad he's still in the gene pool. It's beyond stupid to do it on train tracks with earplugs in.

This is sounding oddly Nazi-ish.