Ha They Did Put Some Resident Evil In My Walking Dead

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeShawn2ks

But I still thought it was a pretty good episode. I started laughing when something popped up that reminded me of Resident Evil and what I posted after last weeks episode. It didn't bring it down at all and I enjoyed the episode to the very end. The finale kinda ended the way I hoped it would. The only part that sucks is I have to wait till October 2011 for the second season. What are your guys thoughts on the season finale and the entire series as a whole?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Are you talking about them being stoked about hot water? That last Resident Evil movie was good, man. I don't care what Rorie says.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ninjakiller

Eh the entire first season was kind of underwhelming.  I guess it's because the comic is so amazing and there's no way the series could ever live up to it.  

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I kinda like the show, the tension is good.

Still a bit cliche with the group tho, typical zombie outbreak behavior.

ThePwnee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ThePwnee

I thought the show was pretty boring. Each episode is far too long, and I really don't give a shit about the whiny ass survivors and whatever problems they have. 

More action would definitely be an improvement.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

Did Lennie James ever come back?

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@ninjakiller:  I actually like a lot of things they changed for the tv series. Like for a certain character in the comic book. If things it up going down the way they do down the road I think the way the tv series does it makes more sense. I didn't like the corny boat scene, the fake gang, Carl not having a much bigger role. I was really hoping they would also change it up and bring back Lenny James character Morgan a lot sooner rather than later. But it was a ok series and I will be picking up the blu ray first chance I get.
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@ThePwnee:  I can honestly say man if that is what you want then The Walking Dead is not for you at all. If that is what you want load up your netflix and watch any random zombie movie on there. There is one I would ask you to stay away from though it is garbage. I don't remember the name of it but I know it is a british one and I think the cover of it has some dudes and a chick on a car. Stay away from it no matter what you do. But yeah The Walking Dead isn't for you  I can remember times in the comic where there wasn't a zombie to be seen for a while, just character stuff.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ninjakiller
@DeShawn2ks:   If things it up going down the way they do down the road I think the way the tv series does it makes more sense.   Wtf does that mean? 

I liked the boat scene.  It had the wistful tone the comic book had during its quieter moments.  
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ninjakiller
@HandsomeDead: No.
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@ninjakiller: I was trying to explain with out spoiling anything but it looks like that shit didn't work. I will just say I like the way the tv series is building things up. As for the boat scene I don't know man that and when the gang first showed up was the only times I felt things felt real corny. Don't get me wrong I really like the quieter moments but for some reason that part I just didn't like.
ThePwnee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ThePwnee
@DeShawn2ks: 

I didn't mention that I've never read the comic, I just heard about the show, and thought it sounded cool. But I felt that a lot of scenes were unnecessarily long, if they would have done more editing I would be fine with the show.
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I definitely enjoyed season one, and I'm really interested to see where they take the show next season because the finale pretty much wiped the slate clean. Having not read any of the comic, I honestly have no clue where the gang of survivors will go next.

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@ThePwnee:  Oh yeah there is no denying that there were some scenes that went on far to long for only six episodes.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ninjakiller
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@TooWalrus said:
" Are you talking about them being stoked about hot water? That last Resident Evil movie was good, man. I don't care what Rorie says. "
The last movie was trash.  Utterly disjointed, illogical, bad scripted and poorly directed.  Half of the major plotpoints weren't even properly revealed (Chris Redfield for example).
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By weegieanawrench

I really enjoyed the first season, curious to see where they take it next season. I thought the finale was crazy! Too bad it won't be back until a whole year from now. I'm interested in the comics, do you know if it's easy to get my hands on them?

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@ninjakiller:  Yes sir that is exactly what I am talking about.
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@weegieanawrench:  Oh yeah I am pretty sure most comic book stores are stocked up on them right now. You can also pick them up at Barnes and Noble that is usually where I get them.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ninjakiller
Avatar image for weegieanawrench
weegieanawrench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By weegieanawrench
@DeShawn2ks: @ninjakiller: Sweet, thanks guys!
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By toowalrus
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @TooWalrus said:
" Are you talking about them being stoked about hot water? That last Resident Evil movie was good, man. I don't care what Rorie says. "
The last movie was trash.  Utterly disjointed, illogical, bad scripted and poorly directed.  Half of the major plotpoints weren't even properly revealed (Chris Redfield for example). "
It's a good thing I don't go see midnight resident evil movies with friends and analyze the plot loopholes and quality of writing then, eh? It was cheezy and lame, exactly how I would expect it to be. 

A chick shot quarters out of a shotgun at crazy zombies (with no explanation at all- fuckin' T-virus, they're zombies, who fuckin' cares, really?) and a corny yet awesome fight with Whesker at the end. 10/10 for a good time.
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeShawn2ks
@ninjakiller:  I think I will end up picking that up and that will be what I loan out to friends. Since the series started almost everyone I know want to borrow my volumes. Been telling them about it for the past 4 or 5 damn years and they had no interest. Now that they see what I am talking about they are all on it now.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@TooWalrus said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @TooWalrus said:
The last movie was trash.  Utterly disjointed, illogical, bad scripted and poorly directed.  Half of the major plotpoints weren't even properly revealed (Chris Redfield for example). "
It's a good thing I don't go see midnight resident evil movies with friends and analyze the plot loopholes and quality of writing then, eh? It was cheezy and lame, exactly how I would expect it to be.   A chick shot quarters out of a shotgun at crazy zombies (with no explanation at all- fuckin' T-virus, they're zombies, who fuckin' cares, really?) and a corny yet awesome fight with Whesker at the end. 10/10 for a good time. "
I'm all for a good time dumb action flick but movies need to make sense of their own fiction.  Resident Evil : Afterlife utterly failed in that respect.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iam3green

it was good. i thought it was kind of a slow show but it was good non the less. i want more zombie killing :)

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is a really good show.  im suprised that it was only 6 episodes and im dissapointed the new seasons gonna start next year