@oldschool: why can't you be my dad
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By dr_nefarious

My dad talks about american idol and dancing with the stars..I kid you not..From time to time he will bring up an astros game so I guess that's a tad more interesting. I say that because for the most part the astros suck.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By oldschool
@addictedtopinescent said:
" @oldschool: why can't you be my dad "
A DNA test will prove it one way or another  :-)

@RetroIce4 said:
" @DappaDizzle said:
" Darth_Tater said:
"My dad talks about Naruto and Stargate SG1.
I stopped watching TV with him years ago."
i wish my dad talked about naruto that would make my anime viewing so much sweeter"
As long as your not a Narutard. This girl I work with is obsessed with Anime and Naruto. It make me hate that series and all anime together. She even talks in that voice where it is all high picthed like a J-Pop intro to an anime. Oh god... "
I watch Naruto with my 14 year old, and I do like the cartoon.  However, indulge me with what iswrong with it.

Naruto, like many other mass appeal anime (Bleach, InuYasha et cetera) has 52 episodes in a series.  A series is 26 episodes too long.  A flashback should only happen when relevant as a back story, but never be a repeat of what we already watched.  The American voice acting is so often atrocious - less over the top, non American voices would help.  All very good anime has a beginning, a middle and an end.  Naruto and all has a beginning, a middle you can't find and seemingly, no end.  The story should be complete, not open ended.  The other problem, in the writing is many are the smae episode over and over - Sailer Moon is a good example.  The predictability and then repetition is just too much.

Stil, I love anime.
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Xeiphyer

Hahaha, I had an awkward conversation with my dad tonight! He found the condom wrappers on my floor I forgot to clean up after my girlfriend left. He gave me a highfive. It was pretty strange. Who highfives anymore?

But still I love my dad :P

Also videogame dad posted earlyer = win.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#56  Edited By destruktive
@oldschool said:
"I am a dad and this is what we do all for fun.

No Caption Provided
Sometimes we even play the games  :-)
"
... adopt me? :D

Just saw the futurama figures on the tv :D Awesome!
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#57  Edited By oldschool
@destruktive said:
" ... adopt me? :D                Just saw the futurama figures on the tv :D Awesome! "
...... and showing my age, I trot out an old joke .........

I am looking at adoption as it turns out, but sorry, I have my eye on this 18 year old Korean Girl   :-)

That is a reference to Woody Allen for you youngsters  xD
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By RetroIce4
@oldschool said:
" @addictedtopinescent said:
" @oldschool: why can't you be my dad "
A DNA test will prove it one way or another  :-)

@RetroIce4 said:
" @DappaDizzle said:
" Darth_Tater said:
"My dad talks about Naruto and Stargate SG1.
I stopped watching TV with him years ago."
i wish my dad talked about naruto that would make my anime viewing so much sweeter"
As long as your not a Narutard. This girl I work with is obsessed with Anime and Naruto. It make me hate that series and all anime together. She even talks in that voice where it is all high picthed like a J-Pop intro to an anime. Oh god... "
I watch Naruto with my 14 year old, and I do like the cartoon.  However, indulge me with what iswrong with it.

Naruto, like many other mass appeal anime (Bleach, InuYasha et cetera) has 52 episodes in a series.  A series is 26 episodes too long.  A flashback should only happen when relevant as a back story, but never be a repeat of what we already watched.  The American voice acting is so often atrocious - less over the top, non American voices would help.  All very good anime has a beginning, a middle and an end.  Naruto and all has a beginning, a middle you can't find and seemingly, no end.  The story should be complete, not open ended.  The other problem, in the writing is many are the smae episode over and over - Sailer Moon is a good example.  The predictability and then repetition is just too much.

Stil, I love anime.
"
Yeah the series is actually alright. (Not the Americanized Version...) I used to watch it, but I meant to explain it as the girl making me hate Naruto and Anime all together. She draws all the characters and stuff. It just pisses me off.