Has anyone seen the trailer for the new Superman film?

• 75 results
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By veektarius

The closest I came to liking a Zack Snyder film was the Watchmen. He hasn't exactly shown he can do better, though.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By AiurFlux

I'm cautiously pessimistic. I don't really like Superman, but the trailer kind of intrigues me. However I still feel that it will have the classic problem that others have already pointed out, and that is the complete and total invulnerability of Superman outside of a few things. If they played on his emotions as hurting him more than kryptonite then it could be interesting, like have something happen to his foster parents or Lois. But other than that I don't think I'll care for it. It'll be another reboot genesis storytelling of Superman like has been done before that won't interest me personally because Superman isn't interesting. If there's no risk there's no reward.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@Phatmac said:

I think Superman gets a lot of unnecessary shit on the internet, but I fucking LOVE SUPERMAN. Anyway I like what I'm seeing so far. Still, the guy made Sucker Punch which is terrible.. He also made Watchmen which is great. I don't know, but I hope Nolan has more influence than I hope he does. I hope Man of Steel is great cause the world needs a great Superman movie.

Much of Superman's criticism has remained exceedingly outdated, similar to Aquaman's. I'm excited for this, the trailer I saw at TDKR didn't look like a Zach Snyder film at all. The artistic direction and innocence of the boy in the cape were nice touches.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By probablytuna

The teasers are ok, but I'll express my excitement or disappointment for Man of Steel when I see an actual trailer.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Socialone

I'm a fairly uptight Lord of the Rings fanatic so when I heard the death of Gandalf soundtrack I totally lost my shit. HOW DARE THEY?! Nothing can appease the grudge I hold against this movie now.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@Socialone: It's only music, I felt that it was nicely fitting for the trailers direction. I was slightly disappointed that they didn't use the films own score though because I've been wanting to hear Hans Zimmer's take on Superman.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By penguindust

I like Superman. When I collected, I read the 4 monthlies printed at the time plus Supergirl. I have 1 & 2 on DVD (and Returns ~ "meh"). I have high hopes for this reboot, but I can't get a real sense of it from this teaser trailer. So Clark was a fisherman or something? The last Krytonian fisherman? Hmm, I wish the Discovery Channel aired that show.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Andorski

The teaser did nothing for me, but I'm still interested in the movie itself. Snyder directing (and more importantly, not writing), Nolan producing, and ZImmer on soundtrack has to equate to something decent.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ozzdog12

@NTM: Hans Zimmer didnt do the Lord of the Rings music Howard Shore did, but Hans is doing the Man of Steel soundtrack

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By NTM

@ozzdog12: I know Howard Shore did the LoTR soundtracks, that's not what I said. I said the song that was playing in the trailer was from Lord of the Rings I believe, the whole thing about Hans Zimmer was separate.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By beepmachine

@Socialone: Yeah me too! Why would they use a piece of music that was specifically written for Lord of the Rings in their trailer? Makes no sense. If they don't have a score yet then just don't use music.

Christopher Nolan is almost enough to have me interested. I think a superman movie can be interesting too. Just because he's almost invincible doesn't mean the character has to be emotionally perfect as well. I forget where I heard this, but Superman assumes the identity of Clark Kent because his impression of humanity is that we are weak and sycophantic and selfish. I think in the right hands the movie could be really good.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By NTM

To tell you all the truth - even if you don't care - I'm more excited for the fact Nolan and Zimmer are behind it as well, the whole Snyder thing is something else. Also, I just saw The Dark Knight Rises today, and it was fantastic. I also hate the whole comparison between The Dark Knight and Rises, I think both are fantastic, but for mostly different reasons.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it might be good, depending on Christopher Nolan script n vision. I believe that Snyder can produce quality films when its an adaptation of something good. Just look at his filmography Dawn of The Dead, 300, Watchmen(altho I didn't like it, he did adapt it right) and his other films are either original material (sucker punch which was/is awful) and that cartoon(don't care much for cartoons).

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By spartanlolz92

I hope its good and its good that they actually have villian in the movie that can take superman on blow for blow.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By EVO

@McBEEF said:

The trailer looked a little, I dunno, 'artsy' ?

Yeah, I got a Tree of Life vibe from it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NTM

@SoothsayerGB: Yes it is. It's more noticeable as you hear it in the theaters.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WarlordPayne

I haven't liked a single Superman movie, and that trailer didn't show anything to make me think this one will be different.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#68  Edited By jakob187

Why the fuck is Clark Kent on a fishing boat? Are they saying that Smallville is somewhere in the U.S. that a fishing community would exist, next to the ocean? How does that lead him to being a reporter? Will he even end up being a reporter? Is that Jor-El doing the narration in the first teaser? Do Kryptonians now have some shitty mixed-up English accents?

Honestly, this movie is just raising my ire with everything I hear and see about it. I mean, don't get me wrong: I'm fine with changing the origins of something for the sake of creating your own vision so long as you can hold on to the same emotions and themes that make the character iconic in the first place. People have been trying for a long time to make both Clark Kent and Superman relate more to the common person. At the same time, most of them fail to realize that Superman is supposed to be this invincible hero, the guy that can see past it and persevere when the going gets tough. He's the one that can stop intergalactic wars and also get your cat out of the tree. He's a representation of the good in all of mankind, the kindness and compassion that we have inside of us. The moment you try to darken all of that and give him some level of great tragedy (like the death of Jonathan Kent), it's the minute that we can relate on an emotional level. However, he uses that as fuel to be a better person, and that's what it taught all of us.

Here, it just looks like he's super bummed out and down on his luck. That's not Superman at all to me, and in turn, I have little interest in it STILL!

I'll give Snyder this, though: he finally made a trailer that wasn't all slow motion.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#69  Edited By fox01313

Still would have preferred a movie featuring Wonder Woman or some of the dozen of other major DC characters. Seems that DC can't really do much with the movies they do past dark knight & just overly tired of superman in general.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By Mystyr_E

I gotta say if I didn't know Zack was doing it, I'd be more optimistic. But I haven't liked a single film he's done: Dawn of Dead was good-ish for a remake, I absolutely despise the shit out of 300 and Watchmen really had pacing issues and his trademark style-over-substance. Haven't seen Sucker Punch (but apparently neither did anyone else) so I'm doubtful yet trying to be positive on this one.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By avidwriter

It looks like it's a reboot? From the trailer it seems Superman doesn't want to be superman anymore. Tries some real jobs. (deadliest catch?) Eventually I guess something happens (I guess Zod?) that makes him change his mind and don the suit, (again?) If it takes itself seriously ala Batman, it could be interesting.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#72  Edited By butano

The entire time listening to the music all I could think of was Gandalf saying..."Fly, you fools!" Appropriate for a Superman trailer I feel.

Looking forward to this movie. Enjoyed 300 and Watchmen, and with Nolan backing it I can see it not being terrible.

Maybe they'll take some stories from Superdickery (it's safe, I promise)

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By tim_the_corsair

The only way I could possibly give two shits about Superman would be if they released a trailer with him shouting "THIS IS METROPOLIS!" and then kicking someone into a pit that was there for some reason.

Even then, I'd be iffy. Superman is a boring character.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#74  Edited By Kyreo

@MariachiMacabre said:

I had no interest in the movie before that trailer. Now I'm cautiously optimistic.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#75  Edited By JBG4

My interest has been energized by these trailers. Great way to create buzz by showing off the gritty look.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#76  Edited By Little_Socrates

@PrivateIronTFU said:

All the scenes in that trailer are very un-Zack Snyder. Which is a good thing.

This was my thought in the theater at TDKR. That, and that the flight scene is immediately reminiscent of Alex Ross's work on Kingdom Come.