Has the ending to a film ever changed your opinion on that film?

• 155 results
sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

sgtsphynx  Moderator

Poll Has the ending to a film ever changed your opinion on that film? (219 votes)

Yes, in a negative way. 60%
Yes, in a positive way. 36%
No. 4%

Was reading one of my college texts for my film class and it mentioned Cloverfield. I was reminded that I enjoyed the vast majority of that film while watching it, but the last 10 or so minutes of it made me dislike the entire film. I have a friend who hates The Departed entirely because of the way it ends.

I actually can't think of a time when the opposite has happened for me, but I was wondering if this situation has happened for anyone else.

• 
nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Jacob's Ladder. I think the movie is a little dated, so it was hard for it to keep my attention. I loved the psychological stuff, but I just kept thinking, where is this going, whats happening, etc. As I was thinking that, it was in a negative light. Then, the very last 2 minutes? Changed the whole movie and I'd recommend it.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

The closest is the end of The Prestige, what giant bullshit. The rest of the movie is still pretty cool though.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

The World's End.

I really liked the first 2 acts of the movie, but by the third (and then the ending) it kinda soured on me. Out of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy, World's End is definitely the weakest. Hot Fuzz being the best (to me) then Shaun.

peterdotorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't a fan of The Mist until the ending, which might be my favorite movie ending of all time. I think that is the extreme opposite of how most people feel about it, but I stand by it.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@rand0mzer00: Haven't seen The World's End but I will agree on your ranking of the other two.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#6  Edited By Slag

The end of the Usual Suspects took it from being a good movie to a great one.

I've had it happen both ways.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Dragonslayer. That was a fun movie right up until the very end, when a bunch of Christian converts, including the king, take credit for the dragon's death and basically kill the age of magic and fantastic sorcery with their religious zeal. Fuck that.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@peterdotorg: Actually, I'm with you on that one, I really like the ending to The Mist, really fits with the overall narrative.

meaninoflife42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually have my opinion on if a movie is good or bad before it gets to the ending. I don't think I've ever switched my opinion because of an ending.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

I know it has probably happened but I can't think of a single example.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Corevi

Oldboy.

I thought it was a pretty damn good movie for 90% of it but the last 10% was so amazing that it's one of my favourite movies ever.

I didn't like the ending to The World's End the first time I saw it but on a rewatch it grew on me.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#12  Edited By nophilip

I thought that Now You See Me started fairly strong, but had a steady downhill slide all the way up to the end. The end was such a fucking trainwreck, so mind-bogglingly stupid, that it took the movie from merely a disappointing one to my most hated film of last year.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@nickhead said:

Jacob's Ladder. I think the movie is a little dated, so it was hard for it to keep my attention. I loved the psychological stuff, but I just kept thinking, where is this going, whats happening, etc. As I was thinking that, it was in a negative light. Then, the very last 2 minutes? Changed the whole movie and I'd recommend it.

To riff on this, I think the end of Rosemary's Baby, when you're given a very specific answer to an ambiguity that the film has been playing with the entire time, weakens it significantly.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rorie

@nophilip said:

I thought that Now You See Me started fairly strong, but had a steady downhill slide all the way up to the end. The end was such a fucking trainwreck, so mind-bogglingly stupid, that it took the movie from merely a disappointing one to my most hated film of last year.

so dumb oh my god

The fact that they're making a sequel to this is amazing. What a dumb movie. You can't do a movie about stage magicians and have it all be completely impossible CGI.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

@rorie: Have you seen Cloverfield, Rorie?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BisonHero

If anyone says "no" to this poll, they are completely full of shit. Everybody has seen at least one movie where at the end, there is some big twist that is either completely brilliant and redeems the whole movie, or is such a dumb twist that you say "eff that noise" to the movie as a whole.

I realized a few weeks after I saw The Dark Knight Rises that the last like 10 minutes of that movie gave me a much more positive feeling about it, when as a whole I'd say it was a poor Batman film, in that Bane's plot was just too comic booky for a Batman trilogy that was otherwise trying to not be as fantastical. Also, "surprise, it was Talia all along!" is super shitty storytelling and I wonder how many of the moviegoing public even remember Ra's al Ghul and what he was all about, since Batman Begins came out kind of a while before Dark Knight Rises. But I forgave a lot because of that ending where JGL finds the Batcave to take up the mantle of Batman, and Alfred gets his wish of running into a Bruce who has given up being Batman to be happy.

It was a pretty good conclusion, though still not as utterly badass as The Dark Knight Returns.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By BoOzak

@peterdotorg said:

I wasn't a fan of The Mist until the ending, which might be my favorite movie ending of all time. I think that is the extreme opposite of how most people feel about it, but I stand by it.

No i'm with you, except I enjoyed the movie throughout.

The only one that really stands out to me is the Matrix Reloaded. I know the plot was dumb and convoluted before the end of the movie but the action more than made up for it. (for me at least) But everything with the Architect and onwards was the worst kind of nonsense.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By development

Absolutely.

Jacob's Ladder.

That ending text scroll made the whole movie seem a million times more childish and angsty, whereas it was a real psychological fuckfest until seeing that.

edit:

@nickhead said:

Wow, imagine that. Only a page of comments and someone else had already mention Jacob's Ladder. With the exact opposite opinion, even. Interesting. I was totally glued to the screen the whole way through, but fucking hated the ending.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BisonHero

Also, Kick-Ass. That ending sucked pretty hard. I feel like that movie just lost a lot of momentum once Big Daddy died, because the interplay between Big Daddy and Hit Girl was basically the best part of the whole movie. All of the events after Big Daddy dies were just kinda lame.

@boozak said:

The only one that really stands out to me is the Matrix Reloaded. I know the plot was dumb and convoluted before the end of the movie but the action more than made up for it. (for me at least) But everything with the Architect and onwards was the worst kind of nonsense.

Yep, good call. Basically all of the plot reveals in the scene with the Architect totally ruined anything that was cool about the mythology of that series. And then by extension, the entire third movie is dumb.

You know what's still good? The Animatrix. Because it's a bunch of anime vignettes in the Matrix world, where they were written primarily based on what little lore was in the first movie.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi said:

Oldboy.

I thought it was a pretty damn good movie for 90% of it but the last 10% was so amazing that it's one of my favourite movies ever.

Koreans know how to end a movie. The final bit of "Save The Green Planet" is balls-to-the-wall awesome and made an already pretty decent black comedy/drama 1000% better.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Jeust

@yi_orange said:

The closest is the end of The Prestige, what giant bullshit. The rest of the movie is still pretty cool though.

Yep. That was the movie I was thinking about when I saw this topic. The movie takes a believable setting and ends with a sci-fi closure. Not good.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

@nophilip said:

What are you talking about, dude...that whole movie was a fucking trainwreck. One of the dumbest things I've had the displeasure of watching in awhile.

It's happened both ways, though. Cabin in the Woods I thought was merely okay for most of it. I didn't really get what all the hype was about. Then the last 20 minutes...holy shit. Never saw that coming, and it made me love the film.

The ending to Savages is something that really soured me on a film I otherwise loved. The ending was such cliche cop-out bullshit. If they had reversed the sequence of events, making the "fake" ending the real one, and vice versa, then it would've been fantastic. As it stands, the ending of that movie is horribly stupid.

I'll agree on the ending to The Mist. I loved that whole movie, but the end is utter genius and one of my all-time favorites. The only bad thing about that film is the CG. Even at the time it was poor, and I can't imagine it's aged well, despite not being that old.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yi_orange: have you read the book? I think the end of The Prestige is great, but I also know just how ridiculous it could have been if they had stayed more true to the novel by Christopher Priest. Actually, that's a book where the last few pages almost ruin what is an otherwise pretty fantastic story. So I understand what you're saying, but I also know it could have been worse. :D

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n said:

I really liked the ending of the first Saw movie. Watched it with some friends years after it was released (think Saw VI was the most recent one at the time?) and was a bit iffy on the movie, then the thing at the end happened and ended up coming out of it positive. Also still think overall the first one is A-OK, from what I remember it doesn't get nearly as crazy and gory as the later ones (from what I hear) and had a perfectly fine plot; not going to have a life epiphany or anything but it's fine.

On the other end of the spectrum is Lucy. I went in expecting it to be dumb but damn that ending soured the entire thing for me. I know everything up to that point was completely silly but I can turn my brain off for a few hours and go along with even the dumbest of plots (which Lucy's was) if it's entertaining (which it was), but the end of it was a step too far for me. Thinking back on it I've started to warm up to it a bit, but during the film I went from smiling and laughing at the ridiculousness to being pissed.

In all fairness Lucy's ending is related to the classic philosophical idea of Henosis.

Each individual as a microcosm reflects the gradual ordering of the universe referred to as the macrocosm. In mimicking the demiurge (divine mind), one unites with The One or Monad. Thus the process of unification, of "The Being," and "The One," is called Henosis. The culmination of Henosis is deification. Deification here making each man a god by unifying the concept of an external creator with themselves as creators, builders, craftmen of their own lives (one's life as their greatest work, their magnum opus), understanding the interdependence between the macro and microcosmic as the source of their activities. The divine unity here is a linear modalisticemanation i.e. Monad, Dyad, Triad, etc.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henosis

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sixth Sense

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n said:

I really liked the ending of the first Saw movie. Watched it with some friends years after it was released (think Saw VI was the most recent one at the time?) and was a bit iffy on the movie, then the thing at the end happened and ended up coming out of it positive. Also still think overall the first one is A-OK, from what I remember it doesn't get nearly as crazy and gory as the later ones (from what I hear) and had a perfectly fine plot; not going to have a life epiphany or anything but it's fine.

On the other end of the spectrum is Lucy. I went in expecting it to be dumb but damn that ending soured the entire thing for me. I know everything up to that point was completely silly but I can turn my brain off for a few hours and go along with even the dumbest of plots (which Lucy's was) if it's entertaining (which it was), but the end of it was a step too far for me. Thinking back on it I've started to warm up to it a bit, but during the film I went from smiling and laughing at the ridiculousness to being pissed.

Saw is actually pretty clever. Not perfect, but it's a decent horror movie with a good twist. The sequels, however, quickly become progressively more and more cartoonish and gory with the overwrought deathtraps and a villain who is such a chessmaster at life that he could dictate how events play out long after he actually dies.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#28  Edited By audioBusting

I think I've had it both ways, but the biggest offender the negative way for me is Wall-E. I thought that ending where Wall-E was resurrected because THE POWER OF LOVE is a huge cop-out. It could've had a Bicentennial Man-like ending for the character but nevermind, let's just keep the children in the dark about mortality. I still like the movie but a lot less so.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending of True Grit was just really anticlimactic and kinda soured the whole movie for me. They find the guys they're tracking, some shit happens, the girl falls in a hole where her ankle is caught on a vine/root so she's on her back, not-really-upside-down-just-kinda-on-an-incline, the hole/cave she's in is full of snakes, then she freaks the fuck out and gets bit by a snake instead of just turning over and crawling out of this hole that isn't even very steep. Then the whole climax of the movie is Rooster galloping his horse to the nearest doctor (horse dies from exhaustion) and him valiantly carrying her the rest of the way even though he's old and busted.

It just didn't do much for me, and elicited a "That was it?" sort of reaction. One of the weakest Coen brothers movies.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Dark Knight Rises. When I saw the movie, I thought it was acceptable (not great, but fine) until the last 10 or so minutes. The sheer amount of nonsense that happens in that last 10 minutes from the Talia al Ghul reveal to Bane dying from anticlimactically getting shot to the "You should use your full name... Robin." to Bruce Wayne being alive. I hated every second of it, and now I can't watch that movie anymore. And for the record, I've never read a comic book and my exposure to Batman is limited to watching the cartoon and Batman Beyond when I was a kid, so I have no preexisting feelings about how any of that movie should have gone.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BisonHero

@jeust said:

@yi_orange said:

Yep. That was the movie I was thinking about when I saw this topic. The movie takes a believable setting and ends with a sci-fi closure. Not good.

I had no problem with the ending. The instant in the middle of the movie where they show Tesla's compound, and his inventions working way better than they ever actually did in his lifetime, it was like "OK, this movie is clearing exaggerating what Nikola Tesla is capable of. I am fine with this. Disbelief suspended from here on out."

Sure, the explanation behind the one guy's trick was sci-fi compared to the other guy, but I thought they were both appropriate to the theme the movie was going for, of performers going to such extremes to be the best at what they do that it warps their entire lifestyle and causes them to do some pretty monstrous things.

CottoneUD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unbreakable. When Samuel L. Jackson's character does the face-heel turn at the end of the movie, it felt like a really cheap way to have a dark, twisted ending. That movie's a good one without the last five minutes.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Jeust

@jadegl said:

@yi_orange: have you read the book? I think the end of The Prestige is great, but I also know just how ridiculous it could have been if they had stayed more true to the novel by Christopher Priest. Actually, that's a book where the last few pages almost ruin what is an otherwise pretty fantastic story. So I understand what you're saying, but I also know it could have been worse. :D

What happened in the book? if you don't mind saying.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unbreakable. When Samuel L. Jackson's character does the face-heel turn at the end of the movie, it felt like a really cheap way to have a dark, twisted ending. That movie's a good one without the last five minutes.

Unbreakable is the only Shyamalan film I actually enjoyed. I didn't mind the ending at all, as it fit with the themes of what movie was portraying the entire time. The birth of a comic book superhero and supervillain.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sgtsphynx  Moderator

@hailinel said:

Unbreakable is the only Shyamalan film I actually enjoyed. I didn't mind the ending at all, as it fit with the themes of what movie was portraying the entire time. The birth of a comic book superhero and supervillain.

I feel the same way, but then I have only seen Unbreakable and The Village, and fuck The Village.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@nophilip said:

OH FUCKING GOD. THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

That movie sure was magical because they pulled that ending out of fucking nowhere.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By mosespippy

A change for the positive is the episode of Black Mirror titled White Bear. Not exactly a movie but I'll count it anyway since each episode of Black Mirror is a one off with different actors and characters. For the entire thing except the last two minutes it seems like a campy low budget horror flick with a dumb premise. The last two minutes changes everything you thought you knew, and it fucked up the rest of my day and the following day. It's a great reveal that makes you realize how well the film making choices have been executed, but also makes the dumb premise a whole lot better given the context.

PoorTommy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By PoorTommy

@rorie: I think the heavy emphasis of clarity helped the ending of Rosemary's Baby. The ambiguity and dread I felt over the course of the movie is an achievement in itself, however those feelings were familiar and there are other movies that instill those emotions more forcefully -- that is before the revelation. When the surreal and nightmarish riddle manifests into something so plainly frank it becomes much more garish. Like Polanski's The Tenant, the final scene is cruel, absurd, and horrid. Such a dramatic change in tone is sure to yield various detractors, especially when its due to a device of the plot, however Rosemary's Baby still serves the rest of the film justice by unfolding into an implacable psychological terror. (That said, I still respect your opinion. I've met many, many people who were fond of the rest of the film. They simply did not like having been gypped, and felt the trick insulting. Contrary, maybe I liked being gypped too much.)

On the other hand, there is not a more unnecessary ending as is seen in American Graffiti. Perhaps my gripes are actually over the story's epilogue rather than its thematic conclusion, but that movie deserved so much better than those inadmissible title cards. Contriving that sort of foul bilge into what is surely otherwise a masterpiece is something I still have trouble coming to grips with.

How could they? Why?
How could they? Why?

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Absolutely. Why wouldn't a good or bad ending affect how you feel about the movie as a whole?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

I feel the same way, but then I have only seen Unbreakable and The Village, and fuck The Village.

I also feel that way but I've only seen those 2 movies and The Last Airbender.

FUCK THE LAST AIRBENDER

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By JasonR86

Right away I can think of three. It bummed me out when Sunshine stopped being a cool science movie and became a slasher flick. It didn't fit the tone of the rest of the film.

Source Code had a perfect ending. When he finally saved the train and everything paused. That was a great moment. Then the film kept playing and added a multi-universe layer that just, I mean I get it and all, but it felt like a contrived and forced layer to the film.

As much as I love Blue Velvet the ending always bugged me. I always took the happier ending to show that the main character had chosen to take the life similar to the Sheriff (Laura Dern's character's Dad) rather than become more like Frank, the antagonist. By doing so he has forced himself to ignore the bad around him in order to live a Leave it to Beaver type of life. But then they extend that goodness and happy-go-lucky state to other characters who didn't make that decision. So it all comes off as overly sweet and well-wrapped. Which is maybe the point.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jeust

@bisonhero said:

@jeust said:

@yi_orange said:

I had no problem with the ending. The instant in the middle of the movie where they show Tesla's compound, and his inventions working way better than they ever actually did in his lifetime, it was like "OK, this movie is clearing exaggerating what Nikola Tesla is capable of. I am fine with this. Disbelief suspended from here on out."

Sure, the explanation behind the one guy's trick was sci-fi compared to the other guy, but I thought they were both appropriate to the theme the movie was going for, of performers going to such extremes to be the best at what they do that it warps their entire lifestyle and causes them to do some pretty monstrous things.

I didn't know enough about Tesla's contraptions to notice its depiction was exagerated.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rorie

Yep. I generally enjoyed it, but the bro-iness of the ensemble kept me from really digging it. I generally like to sympathize with the characters in a disaster movie, but instead I perversely enjoyed seeing the yuppies in that getting picked off as the movie spooled out.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I remember almost falling asleep to Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis until a scene at the end that immediately made it one of my favourites.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I recently watched Mulholland Drive for a class, and I was worried I'd hate i until the end. Anyone who's watched that movie knows it doesn't make a whole lot of sense until the last ten or so minutes. After viewing that last ten minutes, I can say I really liked it.

@rorie: Y'all gotta make Box Office Bomb a more regular thing, brah! I need my fix.

Slaps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#46  Edited By Slaps2

@theht: Was it the music? That one is a personal favorite of mine too, and it was a certain song towards the end that really sealed it for me.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@sgtsphynx said:

Yep. I generally enjoyed it, but the bro-iness of the ensemble kept me from really digging it. I generally like to sympathize with the characters in a disaster movie, but instead I perversely enjoyed seeing the yuppies in that getting picked off as the movie spooled out.

Yeah, good god, they took the interesting premise of "what if you were a random person on the ground in a kaiju movie who had no idea what was going on?" and accidentally transplanted in the cast of a slasher flick where you want all of them to die. Maybe the cast would've been more likeable if the movie hadn't started off with a yuppie party and a bunch of ex-girlfriend drama.

Does anyone remember the theory that Cloverfield (before the title was revealed) might be a Voltron movie? Man, the theories around what that movie might be were just crazy, based on it being untitled and not showing what large creature knocked off the head of the Statue of Liberty.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#48  Edited By TheHT

@slaps2 said:

@theht: Was it the music? That one is a personal favorite of mine too, and it was a certain song towards the end that really sealed it for me.

That was a part of it, but more specifically there's a single line during that whole bit that immediately grabbed my attention and made the whole damn movie click for me. It was great.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ending of True Grit was just really anticlimactic and kinda soured the whole movie for me. They find the guys they're tracking, some shit happens, the girl falls in a hole where her ankle is caught on a vine/root so she's on her back, not-really-upside-down-just-kinda-on-an-incline, the hole/cave she's in is full of snakes, then she freaks the fuck out and gets bit by a snake instead of just turning over and crawling out of this hole that isn't even very steep. Then the whole climax of the movie is Rooster galloping his horse to the nearest doctor (horse dies from exhaustion) and him valiantly carrying her the rest of the way even though he's old and busted.

It just didn't do much for me, and elicited a "That was it?" sort of reaction. One of the weakest Coen brothers movies.

Not to mention the girl becomes a recluse woman with an awful attitude... What a waste of a great horse. Little too far? I dunno, it just seems like a person would be happy and live their life to the fullest after being saved from almost certain death.

God damn that ending ruined the film for me...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BisonHero

@viciousbearmauling said:

@bisonhero said:

Not to mention the girl becomes a recluse woman with an awful attitude... What a waste of a great horse. Little too far? I dunno, it just seems like a person would be happy and live their life to the fullest after being saved from almost certain death.

God damn that ending ruined the film for me...

I mean, she kinda had a crap attitude for the whole film on account of her father dying or whatever, but you could kinda write it off to her being a precocious 13-year-old or whatever. I guess showing the audience that she grew up to be a strong assertive woman in the Wild West was alright, and sure, the whole film was actively trying to avoid romanticizing the Wild West. But man, what a dumb ending, and like you said, the epilogue scene isn't great either.

Credit to Jeff Bridges for playing the Rooster character well throughout, but the actual impact of the film as a whole was really low for me, especially due to the ending. Bridges deserved awards nominations for that movie, but I feel like nothing else about the movie was really very remarkable.

Come to think of it, has anyone tried to rope @danryckert into this discussion yet?