Has your pet ever done something awful?

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By CatsAkimbo

I’m staying at someone’s house over the summer and brought my cat along. My cat is usually awesome—you can pick him up, roll him over and rub his belly, and he won’t scratch, bite, or even mind it. However, he’s been harassing the cat of the people’s house I’m staying at. Just recently he bit their cat, and their cat had to be taken to the vet for it because it developed a nasty abscess.

Since then, I’ve been keeping my cat locked up in my room and have felt so guilty that their cat got hurt. I had two cats growing up who would chase each other and fight playfully, but never had to be taken to the vet because of it. My cat has been so great before this, and I don’t know why he’s being such an asshole to the other cat.

Has anyone else had their pets do something bad? Hearing about it might make me feel less guilty... or is my cat just a little monster?

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By _Zombie_

We have a cat that loves to swing at anything that gets near. Shit, if you touch her for too long (or touch her in a way she doesn't like, which is just about everywhere) she slugs you. I suspect that the only reason she doesn't smack the other cats around is because our oldest cat keeps her ass in line.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Jrinswand

Cats are highly territorial and more often than not generally opposed to change, especially when it comes to being put in the presence of other cats. They're not dogs. You can't just throw them in a room together and expect them to play.

But yeah, every pet owner has their animal do something that you may not like sooner or later. Both of my dogs bark at everybody. It kind of sucks sometimes but I know that they're watchdogs and they're just doing what comes natural. I don't really worry about it. Similarly, cats will be cats. My cat Noodles probably won't like my kittens for several more months but he's just going to have to deal with it.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tunaburn

thats your fault man. youre supposed to slowly introduce cats. it can take weeks of just letting one cat in a room at a time so they can adjust to the smell. then letting them see each other through a fence or gate. of course they fought.

sockemjetpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sockemjetpack

Had a cat that would latch onto peoples feet and gnaw away at them. His name was Jaws.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By IBurningStar

My puppy peed all over the carpet and then tried to act like she didn't know what I was talking about when I confronted her a couple of hours later.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SomeJerk

My big cat used to do awful things, but it was I who taught him to play with human beings by jumping as high as possible and gripping onto them like he wanted to hug them. As he got older he settled for gripping into peoples lower legs and biting their kneecaps, then taking off with a double-hindleg kick on the shin and fleeing.

That's as awful as it got for his activities.

I had good luck with pets.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@tunaburn said:

thats your fault man. youre supposed to slowly introduce cats. it can take weeks of just letting one cat in a room at a time so they can adjust to the smell. then letting them see each other through a fence or gate. of course they fought.

I did do this over the course of a month or so. Their cat hissed for a while when my cat got near, but that eventually stopped. But just recently, my cat would chase their cat any time he moved, like he saw an opening when he was moving away and took it to attack.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King

Fluffles! Why is my checking account in the red?....Have you been browsing Something Awful? You're just going to get banned again, you goddamn troll!

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By NMC2008

Well I was cat sitting my friend's stupid cat(seriously I think it's mental)and so, it turns out that this cat ............... well........ he dug past all the liter in his box and took a big streaming shit on the liter box itself, of course I didn't know this until I emptied the damn thing and a mountain of shit was stuck to the box, I had to use Emmett Brown's Cleansing Spray to get it off.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

When I lived at home I remember my moms made a coffee cake and left it on the counter when we went out for the evening. When we got back in the pan was sitting on the floor with the spatula in it, empty and our black lab in the corner refusing to look at us. That thieving turd.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By CaLe

I had a dog that killed a cat when I was a kid. My mom got rid of him after that.. He would also jump up on me and bite me when I would walk him in the park.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deadmanforking

Nothing like that, but both my cats are indoor cats. The worst thing my cats do is knock over and smash plant pot/vases. One of my cats purposely knocks them over all the time.

Oh and my tabby keeps stealing food off my plate!!! :(

ZoneOfJehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ZoneOfJehuty

I once got another cat with the cat I have now, and my cat (His name is Tiger :P) just chased after him and scratched him a couple of times. After that we had to take back the new cat.

Mastercheesey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Mastercheesey

My dog bit my ear and I had to get stitches. But he's soooo durpy, I couldn't get rid of him.

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheKramer89

@IBurningStar said:

My puppy peed all over the carpet and then tried to act like she didn't know what I was talking about when I confronted her a couple of hours later.

I assume you put the puppy to sleep for this...

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Wesker411

Took my dog to grandma's Thanksgiving dinner. First thing he does as soon as we get there is lay a fat turd on the rug in front of the stove. Good times.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@deadmanforking said:

The worst thing my cats do is knock over and smash plant pot/vases. One of my cats purposely knocks them over all the time.

My cat does this too, but not on purpose. He'll just lay down on a table and stretch out, pushing whatever's around him out of the way x.x

Emperor_Jimmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Emperor_Jimmu

A dog ate my guinea pig!

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By renmckormack

These stories seem relatively tame, don't stress. It is stressful because your cat/dog's poor behavior reflects on you right? So I went by my parent's house the other day and wild hillbillies have moved in down the street. They have two massive German Sheppards. I don't think the dogs are vicious they are just fully untrained and run frre in their yard and jump on everyone. So I was walking my parent's dog, a tiny maltese, and saw my other neighbor walking her old little dog, its some kind of mut looks like a grey mop (small though maybe 10 pounds?). Anyway bigazz Sheppards come tearing through the yard jump on old lady and old dog. Knock old lady down and bite moppy. I'm all jacked up pick my dog up and run over there making man noises so the dogs will go away. But I literally had to kick one of them so he would get the point.

Owner walks out of the house like this is no big deal. Mind you there is now an old lady on the ground bleeding and a little dog has been bit. Owner grabs the dogs by their collars and is like struggling to hold them back from freaking out. She's like," I'm sorry they think they are little dogs and just want to play. Can I get you a bottle of water?"

The moral of the story is that you look like an asshole when your animals are assholes (also you are an asshole not you people, sometimes cats bite stuff, its cool).

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By fattony12000

Shit and sick all over the floor.

Twice.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deadmanforking

@CatsAkimbo: Yea I have 2 cats, the black cat does that. My tabby cat will go up to pots/vases and hit them over. After like 2 years of trying to get him to stop we gave up.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, but I did see my new kitten (she's barely a year now) run up to a way larger cat when that cat thought she could enter our garden. 
She started looking angry, lifted her claw as a warning (no hissing however) and looked pretty funny since she was 1/4th his size.
The big cat was like, whoa wait, who's this little breezer? But eventually turned and left.

Kinda loved that, she's ferocious.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Slay3r1583

My dad got this dog and the first time I went to his house to see her the dog tried to attack me. I managed to get away without being bitten or anything. The dog had to be tied up outside every time I went over there or she would come after me. Turns out the dog was pregnant and the people my dad got her from either didn't know yet or just didn't tell my dad. After the dog had her puppies she mellowed out and became pretty awesome.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By RIDEBIRD

I hate irresponsible dog owners. Dogs need licenses.

My dads cats are all assholes to some degree. They torture birds and mice for fun and kill like two a day per cat easy, often more. Only one of the four of them is humane and kills quickly, and then eats them, the others basically mutilate the animal and just watch them struggling to live. I have mercy killed a lot of mice in my days when I lived at home and outrigt saved a lot as well - they're outdoors cats, they kill, but fuck man, they are cruel. One of them is the queen of the house as well and can snap at any time toward the others. Total bitch, but a really fun (and only when she wants exactly three belly rubs, cuddly) cat. She bites too, but that's my fault, as I played with her way too much and rough when she (and I) was little :( Owners and their animals yeah..

Other then that they are chill and respect eachother somewhat, but they have 20 acres to split and a big house, so. Cats need TONS of space!

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShadowConqueror

My dog is a serial couch rapist.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@RenMcKormack said:

These stories seem relatively tame...

Yeah, the occasional vomiting/urination/defecation accident is something you have to expect to deal with at some point when you have a pet, but hurting other animals/people isn't something anyone signs up for. I think my cat just shouldn't be around other cats.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poop

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By xymox

@CatsAkimbo said:

@RenMcKormack said:

These stories seem relatively tame...

Yeah, the occasional vomiting/urination/defecation accident is something you have to expect to deal with at some point when you have a pet, but hurting other animals/people isn't something anyone signs up for. I think my cat just shouldn't be around other cats.

That's what happens. I brought a stray in who was stuck in a tree outside my house. My other cat was grumpy as fuck about it and hissed and had a generally pissy attitude. They come around eventually and become BFFs.

But it took time. We just kept stepping in when they intend to fight. You could usually tell... I wouldn't leave two cats unattended if they don't know each other. It's extremely rare that they'd get tangled up and try to actually kill each other, usually it's just hissing, smacking with the paw, has never come to biting. And when I mean don't leave them unattended together, I mean it. If I remember correctly, we kept them in separate rooms while sleeping and when going to work as well.

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Arbie

Hmm. I can't think of anything really bad any of my pets have done. They're no angels but the usual stuff, as said above, is to be expected so I don't see as bad. Is your cat neutered? And the other cat, is he too?

I'm pretty lucky with my tom cat. He's the biggest cat in the area but a complete softy and likes making friends. Often see him strolling around with neighbours cats haha. Oh, actually, one of our females is a bit of a bitch. But I don't see her as being bad, she's just spoiled rotten and so has a real attitude problem!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#31  Edited By pyromagnestir

When my younger brother and I were little, I was really sick one day, and needed to go to the hospital. My little brother refused to go, so my dad left him home alone, because my mom or my sister would be home soon to watch him, and so on. Well, my little brother snuck up on our big half shepherd half black lab while he was sleeping and gave him a kiss. Barkley (that's what the dog's name was) was startled and bit my little brother real bad in the fucking face. So my brother goes to the neighbors across the road, crying and bleeding, and they call an ambulance. Now my dad and I are in the hospital waiting for me to see the doc, when he gets a call telling him what happened, and that my little brother is on his way to a different hospital. He grabs me and we go to the other hospital. Apparently he needed to stop so I could throw up a couple times on the way, I don't remember any of this. I must've been fucking out of it.

My sister gets home, sees the dog, who knows he did something real wrong and is pacing and whining and jittery as all hell.

After being stitched, the doc lectures my brother, telling him not to stick his face in front of a dog, because dogs are animals. My little brother's response is "But I love Barkley." As soon as my little brother gets home he goes and hugs the dog and curls up next to him.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By dooscent

When I was about 9 years old, I was watching the music video for Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun", and beginning a youthful existential crisis, where I realized that at any point in my life, the sun could collapse, and suck all of my friends away, while their faces begin to melt in ways that are really scary. I laid on the floor, and stared at the ceiling, pondering what life meant. What was I to do? What happens after the sun collapses and my face melts and I fly away to Chris Cornell singing?

And then my dog walked into my room and peed on my stomach.

In retrospect, she was probably reminding me of life's true priorities: Don't get peed on. Also get a cat.

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CatsAkimbo

@pyromagnestir said:

When my younger brother and I were little, I was really sick one day, and needed to go to the hospital. My little brother refused to go, so my dad left him home alone, because my mom or my sister would be home soon to watch him, and so on. Well, my little brother snuck up on our big half shepherd half black lab while he was sleeping and gave him a kiss. Barkley (that's what the dog's name was) was startled and bit my little brother real bad in the fucking face. So my brother goes to the neighbors across the road, crying and bleeding, and they call an ambulance. Now my dad and I are in the hospital waiting for me to see the doc, when he gets a call telling him what happened, and that my little brother is on his way to a different hospital. He grabs me and we go to the other hospital. Apparently he needed to stop so I could throw up a couple times on the way, I don't remember any of this. I must've been fucking out of it.

My sister gets home, sees the dog, who knows he did something real wrong and is pacing and whining and jittery as all hell.

After being stitched, the doc lectures my brother, telling him not to stick his face in front of a dog, because dogs are animals. My little brother's response is "But I love Barkley." As soon as my little brother gets home he goes and hugs the dog and curls up next to him.

This broke my heart; your brother sounds very sweet for not holding it against your dog.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Clonedzero

when i was a kid we had this cat, we let it outside to play and stuff, it got knocked up by a stray or something, and it had kittens outside at the side of the house, no big deal we didnt mind. anyhow, one day my neighbors dog came into our yard and started barking at my cat and her kittens, like real bad. and my cat is hissing like crazy to keep the dog away.

anyhow, being a stupid kid i got in between them so they wouldnt fight, my cat freaked and jumped on my face and clawed the crap out of me. had to get stitches and all sorts of stuff, had a big claw mark right below my eye, like if it was only slightly higher i probably would have lost an eye. we kept the cat and the kittens, well when the kittens were old enough we gave them away to friends and stuff.

moral of the story, dont be an idiot and run in between two spazzing animals

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#35  Edited By pyromagnestir

@CatsAkimbo: I think it's the biggest thing that let us keep the dog. No one wanted to have to give him up, but if my brother were scared of him after that, there'd have been no choice. He was really a sweet dog. Had to put him down about 3 years ago.

And also I'm recounting this story just a couple hours ago I was yelling at my brother (deservedly) for some dumb shit he'd done. It's really fucking with my emotions.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Our old shitzu Jess was an adorably sweet, smart little dog with big brown cow eyes that would melt your heart. Loved cuddles, great with kids, ultra friendly nature, liked other dogs, even fine with our cat, just a wonderful dog...

But she hated birds. I mean REALLY loathed them, particularly Kookaburras.

At my wife's old place (going back several years when she still lived with her dad), this bird would get under the trees where the birds would be hanging out, minding their own business, and would bark and scratch and growl at them until they grew agitated enough to start flying around and swooping her.

She'd then head deeper into the yard until she got to the swimming pool, and would stand in front of the fence. The kookaburra would swoop, she'd move, and it would smash head first into the glass fence, knocking itself senseless.

She'd then casually walk up and tear it's throat out, spit the meat out (she never liked raw meat), and then would trot away casual as can be.

We kept coming home and finding these dead birds and wondering what the fuck was going on (keeping in mind a kookaburra is typically the length of a man's forearm or so); it wasn't until we were in the pool one day and saw her do it that we realised what a stone-cold killer she was...it also meant we were VERY careful to keep our bird cages locked up tight whenever she came inside.

Funnily enough, our Beagle,Cavalier, and Maltese x Silky were completely chill with birds; our cockatiel used to walk on the Maltese's back quite frequently.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mandude

Your cat isn't a monster. It's just a cat.

Which is worse.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By TehFlan

@mandude said:

Your cat isn't a monster. It's just a cat.

Which is worse.

Yeah. Cats are assholes.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By korwin

My older cats unbridled ongoing slaughter of the local fauna is probably frowned upon, that and his complete domination by fear of the younger lady cat that we recently adopted... still hard to stay mad at him though.

RainbowRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RainbowRaccoon

@CatsAkimbo:My snake once bit and atrangled a rat to death! What an asshole. I put the rat in his cage for them to be friends

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By kindgineer

It's a territorial animal, so no, your cat did nothing wrong. Would I avoid bringing your cat along for visits? Yeah. However, stop feeling guilty for something that nature in fact is responsible for.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Once, my dog Penny ran through a hole in my screen door that I didn't notice and completely tackled my xbox (which I had standing up at the time) and tipped it over thus ruining my new copy of GTA IV. I couldn't blame her though, as I was staring at the "disc is unreadable screen" she jumped in my lap and promptly licked my face.

I guess she really wanted to see me.