Hate Speech in Gaming Media (Or "Playing Medics is for Girls.")

  • 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for yukoasho
yukoasho

2248

Forum Posts

6076

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Edited By yukoasho

While there are still many, many hardships facing gays, lesbians and transgendered people nowadays, life for these people is far better than it was before the 1969 Stonewall Riots.  Indeed, the years that followed have gotten us that much closer to equality, and the open hatred that fuels discrimination today will be felt in only a few niche groups, including radical right-wing religion... And gaming communities.

Not to say that all gaming communities are homophobic, but the casual nature in which insults of sexuality and sexual identity are thrown about in the gaming community are rivaled only by men's professional athletics, a haven of cave men if there ever was one.

Of course, for examples, I could go to any gaming forum of blog and see such insults, but the forum jackasses are really only a symptom of a bigger problem - tolerance of such mindsets in the gaming media.  Of course, I'd be negligent if I didn't mention everyone's favorite troll, Yahtzee.  His recent Gears of War 2 "review" has him going out of the way to make tasteless gay jokes.

  


Of course, I wouldn't dare hang the gaming community based on Yahtzee, a man who probably doesn't even play many games to begin with beyond the bare minimum (in the easiest modes possible) needed to make his trash.  Perhaps a better example would be Jeff Gerstmann's assessment of the usual medic class when he talks about Resistance 2 during the nomination video for Giant Bomb's 2008 multiplayer game of the year award.

  


Consider what he says when he brings up the medic. "... Playing medics is for girls, but in this case, I'll play as medic sometimes.  What that says about me, I'm not willing to delve into."  First off, I'm not sure what playing as any particular class in an FPS or otherwise would say about your gender identity.  Is it really that hard to imagine that someone who isn't effeminate would enjoy playing a class that isn't pigeonholed to combat?  Of course not.  Most likely Jeff just casually tossed that barb because, hey, making fun of guys who don't fit the stereotypical macho man is cool.  Not like anyone's going to be offended or anything.  Really, why would any gays, lesbians or transgendered people play video games?  That's a man's past time.

Of course, game communities, in the end, get their cue from the games themselves.  Gays, lesbians and transgendered people don't get mentioned in games.  Unless, of course, they fit into nice, convenient and wholly derogatory stereotypes.

  


No other mainstream entertainment - again, with the exception of men's athletics - is so insistent on hammering home the notion that unless you fit a very narrow archetype for a man (or woman), you are inferior to those who do.  Personally, I reject such a notion, and long for the day when gaming breaks this last barrier.  Last thing we want is for gaming to be associated with other havens of bigotry.
Avatar image for yukoasho
yukoasho

2248

Forum Posts

6076

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By yukoasho

While there are still many, many hardships facing gays, lesbians and transgendered people nowadays, life for these people is far better than it was before the 1969 Stonewall Riots.  Indeed, the years that followed have gotten us that much closer to equality, and the open hatred that fuels discrimination today will be felt in only a few niche groups, including radical right-wing religion... And gaming communities.

Not to say that all gaming communities are homophobic, but the casual nature in which insults of sexuality and sexual identity are thrown about in the gaming community are rivaled only by men's professional athletics, a haven of cave men if there ever was one.

Of course, for examples, I could go to any gaming forum of blog and see such insults, but the forum jackasses are really only a symptom of a bigger problem - tolerance of such mindsets in the gaming media.  Of course, I'd be negligent if I didn't mention everyone's favorite troll, Yahtzee.  His recent Gears of War 2 "review" has him going out of the way to make tasteless gay jokes.

  


Of course, I wouldn't dare hang the gaming community based on Yahtzee, a man who probably doesn't even play many games to begin with beyond the bare minimum (in the easiest modes possible) needed to make his trash.  Perhaps a better example would be Jeff Gerstmann's assessment of the usual medic class when he talks about Resistance 2 during the nomination video for Giant Bomb's 2008 multiplayer game of the year award.

  


Consider what he says when he brings up the medic. "... Playing medics is for girls, but in this case, I'll play as medic sometimes.  What that says about me, I'm not willing to delve into."  First off, I'm not sure what playing as any particular class in an FPS or otherwise would say about your gender identity.  Is it really that hard to imagine that someone who isn't effeminate would enjoy playing a class that isn't pigeonholed to combat?  Of course not.  Most likely Jeff just casually tossed that barb because, hey, making fun of guys who don't fit the stereotypical macho man is cool.  Not like anyone's going to be offended or anything.  Really, why would any gays, lesbians or transgendered people play video games?  That's a man's past time.

Of course, game communities, in the end, get their cue from the games themselves.  Gays, lesbians and transgendered people don't get mentioned in games.  Unless, of course, they fit into nice, convenient and wholly derogatory stereotypes.

  


No other mainstream entertainment - again, with the exception of men's athletics - is so insistent on hammering home the notion that unless you fit a very narrow archetype for a man (or woman), you are inferior to those who do.  Personally, I reject such a notion, and long for the day when gaming breaks this last barrier.  Last thing we want is for gaming to be associated with other havens of bigotry.
Avatar image for snipzor
Snipzor

3471

Forum Posts

57

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Snipzor

Those gay jokes in that video were completely necessary, I would be offended if they were not included.

 
I would also like to point out that certain times the stereotypes are either: ***A) Satirical of a culture, à là GTA IV or B) From Japan.*** The online community is another thing, understand that people are people and the anonymous nature of the online biz allow people to dish out their personal bias. Remember that homosexuality is the last acceptable prejudice left in this culture. Nobody can make fun of race/nationality (But people secretly do)/Gender/Ableism/Ageism, but one can hate the gays because it has been engrained into their culture (Probably because so many people have claimed biblical sanction, their hate is a devine hate inspired by the god of love if you will). But that progress has been excellent, as you have mentioned.
 
Then there are the online communities like Gaygamer.net, which is a whole other topic altogether.
Avatar image for richardlolson
RichardLOlson

1904

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By RichardLOlson
Ok....I start by saying "There is nothing wrong with gay jokes or making fun of people who want to be a medic or just retards in general".  Games are games and if there is any sign or indication of homosexuality in it, somone will be pointing it out very soon.  As far as guys who want to be a medic, of course thats the pussy job.  I  mean who in the hell wants to sit around and carry a pistol and a bag full of sponge bob bandaids.  I want a M16 w/ grenade launcher and a huge bazooka.  Fuck all the pussy shit and give me somthing with a bang to it.
Avatar image for arbitrarywater
ArbitraryWater

15984

Forum Posts

5508

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 58

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater  Online
Snipzor said:
"Those gay jokes in that video were completely necessary, I would be offended if they were not included.
 
I would also like to point out that certain times the stereotypes are either: ***A) Satirical of a culture, à là GTA IV or B) From Japan.*** The online community is another thing, understand that people are people and the anonymous nature of the online biz allow people to dish out their personal bias. Remember that homosexuality is the last acceptable prejudice left in this culture. Nobody can make fun of race/nationality (But people secretly do)/Gender/Ableism/Ageism, but one can hate the gays because it has been engrained into their culture (Probably because so many people have claimed biblical sanction, their hate is a devine hate inspired by the god of love if you will). But that progress has been excellent, as you have mentioned.
 
Then there are the online communities like Gaygamer.net, which is a whole other topic altogether.
So Snipzor, is your stereotype of the Christian Right the enemy of all that is good and free in this world?

Nonetheless, I (somewhat) agree with his post. The truth is that people who are different will often be discriminated against. Of course we as a society have advanced to the point where bigotry is harder to come by than it once was but it still exists.
Avatar image for snipzor
Snipzor

3471

Forum Posts

57

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Snipzor
RichardLOlson said:
"Ok....I start by saying "There is nothing wrong with gay jokes or making fun of people who want to be a medic or just retards in general".  Games are games and if there is any sign or indication of homosexuality in it, somone will be pointing it out very soon.  As far as guys who want to be a medic, of course thats the pussy job.  I  mean who in the hell wants to sit around and carry a pistol and a bag full of sponge bob bandaids.  I want a M16 w/ grenade launcher and a huge bazooka.  Fuck all the pussy shit and give me somthing with a bang to it."
What about the Engineer?
Avatar image for coakroach
coakroach

2499

Forum Posts

27

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By coakroach

Insensitivity by them?
Or oversensitivity by you?

This is the internet dude, anything goes and that includes sexism and homophobia

Avatar image for sushbag
Sushbag

336

Forum Posts

39

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sushbag

Nice close-minded post there Yuko. In an attempt to explain why gaming should be more accepting of alternative sexual lifestyles you're also insinuating that the only proper view is one of total acceptance and good-natured friendliness, and you wonder why sports appear to be homophobic.

YukoAsho said:

"...the open hatred that fuels discrimination today will be felt in only a few niche groups, including radical right-wing religion... And gaming communities"

Radical right wing religion? Are you implying that only leftist, liberal thinking should be allowed?

YukoAsho said:
"Not to say that all gaming communities are homophobic, but the casual nature in which insults of sexuality and sexual identity are thrown about in the gaming community are rivaled only by men's professional athletics, a haven of cave men if there ever was one.."
Insults of sexuality are simply insults, they usually do not imply a broad hatred for homosexuals, as I'm sure your real-life experience has tought you. What people say in a game server is not the way someone is going to act in public discourse. If, for example, I called you a fag, I'm not saying "You are a homosexual and by virtue of that you are lower than me," rather it is a way of saying "You're an asshole and I'm better than you." See? You know exactly what people mean when they make these kinds of jokes.

YukoAsho said:
"Of course, I'd be negligent if I didn't mention everyone's favorite troll, Yahtzee.  His recent Gears of War 2 "review" has him going out of the way to make tasteless gay jokes."
Yahtzee is funny, and for the most part accurate regarding his game reviews. Just because he's not afraid to speak honestly, he's a troll, his content is trash? That's like me saying that because you don't find gay jokes funny, you're post is meaningless. See how easy it is to bash someone for no real reason other than one you make up on the spot?

YukoAsho said:
"Perhaps a better example would be Jeff Gerstmann's assessment of the usual medic class when he talks about Resistance 2 during the nomination video for Giant Bomb's 2008 multiplayer game of the year award."  

It was a joke spoken in a non-threatening, non-serious, non-bigoted way by a man who has never expressed word one of anti-homosexual opinion. I'm sorry but you're an idiot making up an argument when there isn't one.

YukoAsho said:
"No other mainstream entertainment - again, with the exception of men's athletics - is so insistent on hammering home the notion that unless you fit a very narrow archetype for a man (or woman), you are inferior to those who do.  Personally, I reject such a notion, and long for the day when gaming breaks this last barrier.  Last thing we want is for gaming to be associated with other havens of bigotry."
Men's athletics is a field where one must be as strong, fit, swift, agile, and mentally tough as possible. If you consider that a "narrow archetype" then yes, anyone else is in inferior within that sport because IT'S FUCKING SPORTS YOU PHONY DOUCHEBAG. You're a thought-policing asshole, assuming a holier-than-thou position because of your opinion of homosexuals. If someone says something you don't like, here's a thought: Ignore them, or bash them right back you limp-wristed faggot. Oh snap, I said it.


Avatar image for snipzor
Snipzor

3471

Forum Posts

57

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Snipzor
ArbitraryWater said:
So Snipzor, is your stereotype of the Christian Right the enemy of all that is good and free in this world? 

Absolutely not, that was my own personal... okay it was actually a quote from Gil Smart from SmartRemarks. I just wanted to get in one jab, just one.
 
Also you would be shocked of how a person is when they believe they will keep their anonymity. You would be shocked at how many times I say the word "faggot" while playing Left4Dead even though it is ironic (*wink wink*).
Avatar image for shadow
Shadow

5360

Forum Posts

1463

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Shadow
Avatar image for absurd
Absurd

2932

Forum Posts

2200

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Absurd
Sushbag said:
"Nice close-minded post there Yuko. In an attempt to explain why gaming should be more accepting of alternative sexual lifestyles you're also insinuating that the only proper view is one of total acceptance and good-natured friendliness, and you wonder why sports appear to be homophobic.

YukoAsho said:
"...the open hatred that fuels discrimination today will be felt in only a few niche groups, including radical right-wing religion... And gaming communities"

Radical right wing religion? Are you implying that only leftist, liberal thinking should be allowed?

YukoAsho said:
"Not to say that all gaming communities are homophobic, but the casual nature in which insults of sexuality and sexual identity are thrown about in the gaming community are rivaled only by men's professional athletics, a haven of cave men if there ever was one.."
Insults of sexuality are simply insults, they usually do not imply a broad hatred for homosexuals, as I'm sure your real-life experience has tought you. What people say in a game server is not the way someone is going to act in public discourse. If, for example, I called you a fag, I'm not saying "You are a homosexual and by virtue of that you are lower than me," rather it is a way of saying "You're an asshole and I'm better than you." See? You know exactly what people mean when they make these kinds of jokes.

YukoAsho said:
"Of course, I'd be negligent if I didn't mention everyone's favorite troll, Yahtzee.  His recent Gears of War 2 "review" has him going out of the way to make tasteless gay jokes."
Yahtzee is funny, and for the most part accurate regarding his game reviews. Just because he's not afraid to speak honestly, he's a troll, his content is trash? That's like me saying that because you don't find gay jokes funny, you're post is meaningless. See how easy it is to bash someone for no real reason other than one you make up on the spot?

YukoAsho said:
"Perhaps a better example would be Jeff Gerstmann's assessment of the usual medic class when he talks about Resistance 2 during the nomination video for Giant Bomb's 2008 multiplayer game of the year award."  

It was a joke spoken in a non-threatening, non-serious, non-bigoted way by a man who has never expressed word one of anti-homosexual opinion. I'm sorry but you're an idiot making up an argument when there isn't one.

YukoAsho said:
"No other mainstream entertainment - again, with the exception of men's athletics - is so insistent on hammering home the notion that unless you fit a very narrow archetype for a man (or woman), you are inferior to those who do.  Personally, I reject such a notion, and long for the day when gaming breaks this last barrier.  Last thing we want is for gaming to be associated with other havens of bigotry."
Men's athletics is a field where one must be as strong, fit, swift, agile, and mentally tough as possible. If you consider that a "narrow archetype" then yes, anyone else is in inferior within that sport because IT'S FUCKING SPORTS YOU PHONY DOUCHEBAG. You're a thought-policing asshole, assuming a holier-than-thou position because of your opinion of homosexuals. If someone says something you don't like, here's a thought: Ignore them, or bash them right back you limp-wristed faggot. Oh snap, I said it.


"

I like this post.
Avatar image for rowr
Rowr

5861

Forum Posts

249

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rowr

this thread is for girls.

Avatar image for red
Red

6146

Forum Posts

598

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Red

So, you're complaining that a bunch of dudes who play video games make gay jokes?

Wow, why do people still get offended at this stuff?
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

2167

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

God I can't stand Yahtzee. I agree with your blog my friend! 

Avatar image for coakroach
coakroach

2499

Forum Posts

27

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By coakroach
SathingtonWaltz said:
"God I can't stand Yahtzee. I agree with your blog my friend! "
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for jnerd
jNerd

2223

Forum Posts

258

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By jNerd
Snipzor said:
"Those gay jokes in that video were completely necessary, I would be offended if they were not included."
Avatar image for c1337us
c1337us

5877

Forum Posts

56

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By c1337us

I like Yahtzee, condemn me if you will YukoAsho.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

2167

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
coakroach said:
"SathingtonWaltz said:
"God I can't stand Yahtzee. I agree with your blog my friend! "
No Caption Provided
"

No Caption Provided


Avatar image for mattyftm
MattyFTM

14913

Forum Posts

67415

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I think you're reading into it too much. It's just a joke, it doesn't mean anything. I do agree that it's wrong that gays are one of the few groups left that it is OK to joke about, but rather than stopping people saying harmless jokes about gays, we should make it acceptable to make fun of other people. It's a joke, and people should understand that. There's nothing wrong with a harmless joke. Just because I found a gay joke funny doesn't mean I'd treat someone who's gay differently in real life. The same for racist, sexist, agist or anything-elseist jokes. They're harmless.

Avatar image for premieroctopus
PremierOctopus

146

Forum Posts

1

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By PremierOctopus

Saying that stuff like the "playing medics is for girls'" statement is a stab at homsexual people or can be taken seriously in anyway is nitpicking and REDICULOUS.  Sure, making fun of gay stereotypes is overused and can be seen as offensive, you're just making it more offensive by reacting to it.

Avatar image for jayge_
Jayge_

10269

Forum Posts

2045

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Jayge_

Exhibit A:



Someone who takes himself, and his surroundings, much too seriously. See: Original Post.
Avatar image for kamasamak
KamasamaK

2634

Forum Posts

38757

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By KamasamaK
Sushbag said:
"YukoAsho said:
"Perhaps a better example would be Jeff Gerstmann's assessment of the usual medic class when he talks about Resistance 2 during the nomination video for Giant Bomb's 2008 multiplayer game of the year award."
It was a joke spoken in a non-threatening, non-serious, non-bigoted way by a man who has never expressed word one of anti-homosexual opinion."
I agree, though to me it seemed more of a shot at a woman's role than homosexuality. But then the issue is that it's become ingrained in our society that it's okay to use stereotypes for a laugh. I'm all for comedy (in fact, it's my favorite genre of entertainment), but usually not the kind that embraces ignorance. The primary reason for that is because embracing it propagates it.
Avatar image for dr_feelgood38
Dr_Feelgood38

1582

Forum Posts

780

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

Dude, I always played as the medic in Battlefield 2. It was a well rounded class and killing people with the shock paddles was just plain cool.

Avatar image for jayge_
Jayge_

10269

Forum Posts

2045

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By Jayge_
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"Dude, I always played as the medic in Battlefield 2. It was a well rounded class and killing people with the shock paddles was just plain cool."
The BF2 medic is all kinds of bad-ass.
Avatar image for mracoon
mracoon

5126

Forum Posts

77070

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By mracoon  Moderator

I don't think Yhatzee was saying those things in an offensive way at all, it was obviously a joke and not meant in a harmful way. Same with Jeff, I severely doubt he's homophobic.

Avatar image for galvanizednails
GalvanizedNails

621

Forum Posts

5458

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By GalvanizedNails

some are far too sensitive to stuff like this. this blog bost is a victim of it

Avatar image for crunchuk
crunchUK

6052

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By crunchUK

i found the yahtzee review quite funny and i effing love gears 2 so yeah...

Avatar image for snipzor
Snipzor

3471

Forum Posts

57

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By Snipzor
GalvanizedNails said:
"some are far too sensitive to stuff like this. this blog bost is a victim of it"
Obviously subby is very sensitive to this thing, and clearly overreacts to this kind of thing. But the online gaming community (i.e. those XboxLiveTards) does seem to show some very large homophobic belief, and that sort of thing is a little bit scary. Gaming community aside, around 30% of North America is homophobic, most of which are very vocal about it.
 
Hell, in 30 states (I'll always point this out) a gay man or a gay woman can be fired for no reason. It took years to repeal the law of "Don't ask, don't tell" and the figureheads of the Evangelical Christians (Like James Dobson for example, head of "Focus on the family"). People around North America claim that gays would be the downfall of society (Promptly before killing one) and deny rights to gays.
 
This sort of thing deserves a reaction, and not just the gaming community making mandatory gay jokes when referring to GOW2.
Avatar image for kivvijuice
KivviJuice

19

Forum Posts

81

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#28  Edited By KivviJuice

lighten up, if you cant take in these jokes, the internet isnt a safe place for you

Avatar image for fireflys_locket
fireflys_locket

85

Forum Posts

3512

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By fireflys_locket

This post is old, but I just wanted to say I absolutely agree. Supposed gender roles and using "gay" (or the equivalent) as an insult are absolutely disgusting. The ironic thing is that I have friends who supported gay rights long before I did using the word "gay" as "stupid". I can't really understand that.  Though when it comes to Jeff's type of joke, I would mostly just roll my eyes.    

Avatar image for thephantomnaut
ThePhantomnaut

6424

Forum Posts

5584

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@fireflys_locket said:
"

This post is old, but I just wanted to say I absolutely agree. Supposed gender roles and using "gay" (or the equivalent) as an insult are absolutely disgusting. The ironic thing is that I have friends who supported gay rights long before I did using the word "gay" as "stupid". I can't really understand that.  Though when it comes to Jeff's type of joke, I would mostly just roll my eyes.    

"
That's gay. Also old and big deal. If I was homosexual and someone called something gay, I shouldn't feel emotionally compromised by something that's not directed towards me.
Avatar image for fireflys_locket
fireflys_locket

85

Forum Posts

3512

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By fireflys_locket
@ThePhantomnaut said:
"@fireflys_locket said:
"

This post is old, but I just wanted to say I absolutely agree. Supposed gender roles and using "gay" (or the equivalent) as an insult are absolutely disgusting. The ironic thing is that I have friends who supported gay rights long before I did using the word "gay" as "stupid". I can't really understand that.  Though when it comes to Jeff's type of joke, I would mostly just roll my eyes.    

"
That's gay. Also old and big deal. If I was homosexual and someone called something gay, I shouldn't feel emotionally compromised by something that's not directed towards me. "
 Even though it's not a direct attack, I think someone who says things like that is showing no respect to other people. I just don't think people should be so cruel. I know that it's not always meant to be cruel. People don't even realize what they are saying because they are so desensitized to it. But that's part of the problem.
Avatar image for nickl
NickL

2276

Forum Posts

695

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By NickL

i take offense to what the OP wrote, let me write a book about it in a video game forum

Avatar image for efwefwe
wefwefasdf

6730

Forum Posts

694

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By wefwefasdf

Why would anyone bump this thread? Seriously, I sense a lock coming in the near future.

Avatar image for xeiphyer
Xeiphyer

5965

Forum Posts

1193

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By Xeiphyer
@YukoAsho: Are you gay? I know a lot of gay people and I am completly confidant that none of them would be offended by any of those gay jokes.
 
 And the medic or healer class is for girls. Simply put: Its a much less action oriented role, seeing as how the males of our species are the hunters, while the women are the gatherers, since women are capable of producing babies and are generally more responsible for taking care of them it would make sense that a woman would have the roll that would be the least dangerous and most suitable to their maternal instincts, plus people would rather be taken care of by a woman than a man. (Research has also proven that women who are very active are much less fertile and often miss their period completly)
 
So yes, playing medics is for girls, its true, thats why there is no male word for nurse.
 
Basically, fuck off and mind your own business. Nobody wants you to go and fight their battles for them, if the women and gays are offended, they can all get together, do something about it, and it will change. History has shown us that this is true. 
 
Also, while I don't care for Yahtzee at all, you are wrong, he isn't a 'troll', in that he isn't purposely instigating hatred in a place where he knows his comments will do so. His videos are intended to be taken as comedy, and since you are going to his website to view them, you really have no business to complain about them.  HOWEVER, You are the definition of a troll. You come to our website and start on with this garbage nonsense about a worthless, meaningless topic and then * I GUESS * try to antagonize Jeff? I mean, its his website, we are here because we like him and his website ...so obviously we are going to rally behind some random douchebag going on about nothing.
 
So duder, shut the fuck up and mind your own business.
 
And while your at it, get off this website, we don't need any retarded douchebags here.
(Oh man I said retard! Better post again about how the media is discriminating against mentally handicapped people! OH SHIT!)
Avatar image for man_flannel
MAN_FLANNEL

2472

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL
@Xeiphyer: Dude, the thread is a year old.  OP is probably dead.
Avatar image for zeforgotten
zeforgotten

10368

Forum Posts

9

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By zeforgotten
@Xeiphyer: Soooo, you're ranting at a guy who made this thread more than a year ago? 
Calling him names, telling him to shut the fuck up?  
Nice... 
Avatar image for xeiphyer
Xeiphyer

5965

Forum Posts

1193

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Xeiphyer
@ZeForgotten:@MAN_FLANNEL: Why is this thread bumped?!?! I never notice these things. Regardless, hopefully he killed himself when Obama got elected.
Avatar image for symphony
Symphony

1933

Forum Posts

284

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By Symphony
@Xeiphyer said:
" @YukoAsho: Are you gay? I know a lot of gay people and I am completly confidant that none of them would be offended by any of those gay jokes.   And the medic or healer class is for girls. Simply put: Its a much less action oriented role, seeing as how the males of our species are the hunters, while the women are the gatherers, since women are capable of producing babies and are generally more responsible for taking care of them it would make sense that a woman would have the roll that would be the least dangerous and most suitable to their maternal instincts, plus people would rather be taken care of by a woman than a man. (Research has also proven that women who are very active are much less fertile and often miss their period completly)  So yes, playing medics is for girls, its true, thats why there is no male word for nurse.  Basically, fuck off and mind your own business. Nobody wants you to go and fight their battles for them, if the women and gays are offended, they can all get together, do something about it, and it will change. History has shown us that this is true.   Also, while I don't care for Yahtzee at all, you are wrong, he isn't a 'troll', in that he isn't purposely instigating hatred in a place where he knows his comments will do so. His videos are intended to be taken as comedy, and since you are going to his website to view them, you really have no business to complain about them.  HOWEVER, You are the definition of a troll. You come to our website and start on with this garbage nonsense about a worthless, meaningless topic and then * I GUESS * try to antagonize Jeff? I mean, its his website, we are here because we like him and his website ...so obviously we are going to rally behind some random douchebag going on about nothing.  So duder, shut the fuck up and mind your own business.  And while your at it, get off this website, we don't need any retarded douchebags here. (Oh man I said retard! Better post again about how the media is discriminating against mentally handicapped people! OH SHIT!) "
*facepalm*
 
Sometimes you amaze me, Xei.
Avatar image for xeiphyer
Xeiphyer

5965

Forum Posts

1193

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Symphony said:
" @Xeiphyer said:
" @YukoAsho: Are you gay? I know a lot of gay people and I am completly confidant that none of them would be offended by any of those gay jokes.   And the medic or healer class is for girls. Simply put: Its a much less action oriented role, seeing as how the males of our species are the hunters, while the women are the gatherers, since women are capable of producing babies and are generally more responsible for taking care of them it would make sense that a woman would have the roll that would be the least dangerous and most suitable to their maternal instincts, plus people would rather be taken care of by a woman than a man. (Research has also proven that women who are very active are much less fertile and often miss their period completly)  So yes, playing medics is for girls, its true, thats why there is no male word for nurse.  Basically, fuck off and mind your own business. Nobody wants you to go and fight their battles for them, if the women and gays are offended, they can all get together, do something about it, and it will change. History has shown us that this is true.   Also, while I don't care for Yahtzee at all, you are wrong, he isn't a 'troll', in that he isn't purposely instigating hatred in a place where he knows his comments will do so. His videos are intended to be taken as comedy, and since you are going to his website to view them, you really have no business to complain about them.  HOWEVER, You are the definition of a troll. You come to our website and start on with this garbage nonsense about a worthless, meaningless topic and then * I GUESS * try to antagonize Jeff? I mean, its his website, we are here because we like him and his website ...so obviously we are going to rally behind some random douchebag going on about nothing.  So duder, shut the fuck up and mind your own business.  And while your at it, get off this website, we don't need any retarded douchebags here. (Oh man I said retard! Better post again about how the media is discriminating against mentally handicapped people! OH SHIT!) "
*facepalm*  Sometimes you amaze me, Xei. "
YOU ARE HARSH. ALSO YOUR BLOGS ARE LAME. >=(
Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

1184

Forum Posts

39

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By ApertureSilence
@YukoAsho 
 
Perhaps you might consider growing a sense of humor?
Avatar image for xeiphyer
Xeiphyer

5965

Forum Posts

1193

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Xeiphyer

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for rsistnce
RsistncE

4498

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By RsistncE

I'm sooooo tired of politically correct twats ranting about how insensitive the world is. Seriously, do you honestly think people are insulting gay people when they call their friend a "fag"? Honestly?

Avatar image for symphony
Symphony

1933

Forum Posts

284

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#43  Edited By Symphony
@Xeiphyer said:
" @Symphony said:
" @Xeiphyer said:
" @YukoAsho: Are you gay? I know a lot of gay people and I am completly confidant that none of them would be offended by any of those gay jokes.   And the medic or healer class is for girls. Simply put: Its a much less action oriented role, seeing as how the males of our species are the hunters, while the women are the gatherers, since women are capable of producing babies and are generally more responsible for taking care of them it would make sense that a woman would have the roll that would be the least dangerous and most suitable to their maternal instincts, plus people would rather be taken care of by a woman than a man. (Research has also proven that women who are very active are much less fertile and often miss their period completly)  So yes, playing medics is for girls, its true, thats why there is no male word for nurse.  Basically, fuck off and mind your own business. Nobody wants you to go and fight their battles for them, if the women and gays are offended, they can all get together, do something about it, and it will change. History has shown us that this is true.   Also, while I don't care for Yahtzee at all, you are wrong, he isn't a 'troll', in that he isn't purposely instigating hatred in a place where he knows his comments will do so. His videos are intended to be taken as comedy, and since you are going to his website to view them, you really have no business to complain about them.  HOWEVER, You are the definition of a troll. You come to our website and start on with this garbage nonsense about a worthless, meaningless topic and then * I GUESS * try to antagonize Jeff? I mean, its his website, we are here because we like him and his website ...so obviously we are going to rally behind some random douchebag going on about nothing.  So duder, shut the fuck up and mind your own business.  And while your at it, get off this website, we don't need any retarded douchebags here. (Oh man I said retard! Better post again about how the media is discriminating against mentally handicapped people! OH SHIT!) "
*facepalm*  Sometimes you amaze me, Xei. "
YOU ARE HARSH. ALSO YOUR BLOGS ARE LAME. >=( "
One day I, too, hope to receive a flame-reply from you to a post I wrote over a year ago. I wonder which post it will be? I'm just itching with anticipation!
Avatar image for zeforgotten
zeforgotten

10368

Forum Posts

9

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#44  Edited By zeforgotten

I thought I was smoking fags.. 
And the Flintstones told us all that we would have a gay old time. 
But that's not okay? .. 

Avatar image for bravetoaster
BraveToaster

12636

Forum Posts

250

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By BraveToaster
@MurderByDeath said:

" @YukoAsho 
 
Perhaps you might consider growing a sense of humor?
"

I agree... these videos you posted are just people telling jokes it's really not that serious. And I'm sure gays have made fun of people that were different than them. If you feel that the comments of other belittle your beliefs then meet a group of like minded people and play games with them. No one is forcing you to play with people that have a problem with your sexuality. I've been called the N word while playing yeah it sucks but all you have to do is leave the party and find a new group. Don't sweat the small stuff
Avatar image for myrmidon
Myrmidon

546

Forum Posts

2

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By Myrmidon

I just watched Yahtzee's Gears 2 review, the one linked in your post, and I will now disregard anything you ever say on this website, ever, because you said it was bad. Good day.

Avatar image for thehbk
TheHBK

5674

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#47  Edited By TheHBK
@YukoAsho: From the way you wrote your first post "the years that followed have gotten us that much closer to equality ", and that this is such a big topic for you, and your Giant Bomb user pic... I am gonna venture and guess that you are gay yourself.
Avatar image for jinxman
jinxman

527

Forum Posts

614

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48  Edited By jinxman
@Jayge said:
"

Exhibit A:

Someone who takes himself, and his surroundings, much too seriously. See: Original Post. "
this.  you need to chill.
Avatar image for flappyhands
FlappyHands

3064

Forum Posts

2307

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By FlappyHands
@jinxman said:
" @Jayge said:
"

Exhibit A:

Someone who takes himself, and his surroundings, much too seriously. See: Original Post. "
this.  you need to chill. "
Agreed.
Avatar image for virago
Virago

2566

Forum Posts

453

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By Virago

  @RsistncE said:

" I'm sooooo tired of politically correct twats ranting about how insensitive the world is. Seriously, do you honestly think people are insulting gay people when they call their friend a "fag"? Honestly? "

Yes. It's insulting to refer to homosexuality as negative. I'm not saying we should tiptoe around, but you should at least have the decency to recognize that some people find it offensive, and that said people aren't always walking around with sticks up their ass.
 
Personally,  i'm sick and tired of having people say "you're such a girl" to people who are acting weak. Like jeff's comment. I'm sure he didn't mean to say that girls are lame, it's just a cultural thing. 
 
I blame MTV.