Have my other finals tomorrow. I have an F in one of them, what should I do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By PufferFiz

honestly would should have dropped to get an incomplete, then retake it next semester. But go since there is still a possibility.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I am leaning towards A because of avoiding a low grade point average but with my overall stuff I learned was just too incoherent because my professor sucks at instructing. What would be the point?

SuperZamrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SuperZamrod

dude definitely go to your final.  if you get a D at least you get credit for the course.  you have your whole life to play red dead redemption. 

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" I am leaning towards A because of avoiding a low grade point average but with my overall stuff I learned was just too incoherent because my professor sucks at instructing. What would be the point? "
Don't give up. It's just a few extra hours of torture.
mattymattmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By mattymattmatt

This sounds like a similar boat that I've been in before.  Luckily, I haven't had the problem of dealing with an F, but in any case, I would absolutely go to the final.  If for anything else, give yourself a chance to do well.  While people say grades all that important, they do hold some merit on a resume, so definitely don't let this one class drag you down.  Go to the final and kick some ass!

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By sixghost

Depending on how your university handles retakes, and if you are definitely going to retake the class, it may not matter. Aside from your parents freaking out, that is. For a D, most schools won't even give you credit for the class if it's required for your major.

GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GiveUpNed

You should have dropped that class a long time ago. Last semester when I was close to failing, I studied 8-12 hrs a day "focused". That means I take breaks, that means I don't study the whole 12hrs (brings it down to 8) but when you studied, you conentrated with all your will. I did that for two weeks and aced all my exams and pulled through.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cstrang

Dude, even if the instructor sucks, you almost need to try to get F's.  Take the fucking exam.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@GiveUpNed said:

" You should have dropped that class a long time ago. Last semester when I was close to failing, I studied 8-12 hrs a day "focused". That means I take breaks, that means I don't study the whole 12hrs (brings it down to 8) but when you studied, you conentrated with all your will. I did that for two weeks and aced all my exams and pulled through. "

I did that. The issue is that the teacher is just bad. Although he shows us what is up, his tests which are exaggerated (all the homework and quizzes are just 5%) in overall percentage provide very incoherent questions that most of us can't answer for over twenty minutes. For a two hour class, he uses almost an hour for "review" when the tests is too long when taken. I would have dropped it but I was deceived by his lectures that seemed coherent.

Funny note that he talks about his classes' pass rate in the semester as part of an exercise and most of what was shown was below D; only some higher grades. After taking his class, I can understand why.

His ratemyprofessor rating is just bad.
JasonDaPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By JasonDaPsycho

You need to just move on from your previous test and go for it.
Stop dwelling over things that already happened.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Subjugation

Been there, done that. You'll find in college that you really are your own teacher. You just can't rely on professors all that much. Grab the textbook/study material and hunker down in the library where you are free from distractions. You honestly need to try to make the best of a bad situation, because I guarantee that if you don't give it a shot that you will look back on it *a lot* and not be proud at all. Just give it your best effort and then you can't be very disappointed. You tried.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ryax

numero dos!

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

All right thank you dawgs.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By DystopiaX

Go to your final, are you stupid or something? The game will always be there, you can wait a day or two.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By rjayb89

Don't give up.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Spoonman671

Man up.

Dude's name is The Nelsenator, so he has to be in the right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The correct answer: Go get Red Dead Redemption and play all day.
The real answer: Go take that exam and ace it and then go play Red Dead Redemption all day.
tough choice.

sixghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sixghost
@ThePhantomnaut said:
" @GiveUpNed said:

" You should have dropped that class a long time ago. Last semester when I was close to failing, I studied 8-12 hrs a day "focused". That means I take breaks, that means I don't study the whole 12hrs (brings it down to 8) but when you studied, you conentrated with all your will. I did that for two weeks and aced all my exams and pulled through. "

I did that. The issue is that the teacher is just bad. Although he shows us what is up, his tests which are exaggerated (all the homework and quizzes are just 5%) in overall percentage provide very incoherent questions that most of us can't answer for over twenty minutes. For a two hour class, he uses almost an hour for "review" when the tests is too long when taken. I would have dropped it but I was deceived by his lectures that seemed coherent.

Funny note that he talks about his classes' pass rate in the semester as part of an exercise and most of what was shown was below D; only some higher grades. After taking his class, I can understand why.

His ratemyprofessor rating is just bad. "

Not to be a dick, but this is the kind of shit you need to figure out before you register for his class. Getting good profs is a huge part of getting a good grade. The more work you put in to figuring out the good teachers, the less stress you will have by avoid situations like this.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@sixghost said:
" @ThePhantomnaut said:
" @GiveUpNed said:

His ratemyprofessor rating is just bad. "
Not to be a dick, but this is the kind of shit you need to figure out before you register for his class. Getting good profs is a huge part of getting a good grade. The more work you put in to figuring out the good teachers, the less stress you will have by avoid situations like this. "
That's why I am taking stuff like this into consideration.
GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By GiveUpNed

It depends. If they have <15 posts then ignore it. Profs are given student evaluations, if they fail or do poorly on enough they get into shit.

ry0wn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ry0wn

I really should have said B, and chances are you're not going to ace it anyway, but the better part of me says to go to finals. Finals only last for one day, but Red Dead's always going to be there when you get out, right?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@ry0wn said:
" I really should have said B, and chances are you're not going to ace it anyway, but the better part of me says to go to finals. Finals only last for one day, but Red Dead's always going to be there when you get out, right? "
Of course but hell I will go for it.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By JJOR64

"Go do the final. I will get a D if I ace it."

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@teh_pwnzorer said:
" @ThePhantomnaut said:
" I am leaning towards A because of avoiding a low grade point average but with my overall stuff I learned was just too incoherent because my professor sucks at instructing. What would be the point? "
Don't give up. It's just a few extra hours of torture. "
followed by SEVERAL HOURS OF RDR WITH A SMILE ON YA FACE :D
Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sil3n7

Go do Red Dead Redemption. You will get an A if you buy it.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Xeiphyer

Oh man, im a bad person. I was about to lecture you on going to your finals no matter what, but as soon as I saw RDR I clicked that option heheh... =x

You should probably get off the internet and cram! I always cram a lot the day before the test, then skim all my notes right before going in to the exam room, that way its still fresh in my memory. Its worked so far.

GiveUpNed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GiveUpNed

@ThePhantomnaut said:

@GiveUpNed said:

Well, it's a new school year. How are things going with your degree?

afjkidd5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By afjkidd5

Even if it seems hopeless, I would still go with A. I still showed up for the final of the only class that I ever failed, knowing that if I got a perfect score I would fail anyway. I felt better about myself despite it being a waste of time.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@GiveUpNed said:

@ThePhantomnaut said:

@GiveUpNed said:

Well, it's a new school year. How are things going with your degree?

Wow what a necro but it's all good.  

To all wondering, I am doing really good in my classes for the past semesters now! I redid the class with an F and got an A due to a much more helpful instructor!
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUT DID YOU PLAY RED DEAD?!

C'MON MAN, GIVE US THE IMPORTANT DETAILS!!

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Burzmali

@ThePhantomnaut said:

Wow what a necro but it's all good. To all wondering, I am doing really good in my classes for the past semesters now! I redid the class with an F and got an A due to a much more helpful instructor!

Except for English, amirite?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@Burzmali said:

@ThePhantomnaut said:

Wow what a necro but it's all good. To all wondering, I am doing really good in my classes for the past semesters now! I redid the class with an F and got an A due to a much more helpful instructor!

Except for English, amirite?

Oh you are such a tease for analyzing a grammatical mistake, am I right? ;)

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

A.