Have you ever been stung or bitten?

• 91 results
paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was at a beach today and saw a bunch of jellyfish had washed up on the shore. I was strangely tempted to jab one to see what the sting felt like but reminded myself that was dumb. Have you ever been stung or bitten by an animal?

I've only been stung by a bee once and a wasp once, and both were within a week of each-other. And about ten years ago.

I've also had an emu peck my elbow through a fence while I was trying to take a photo of a rabbit at a petting zoo. I think that's pretty much it. I feel like I'm due being stung by a wasp again sometime soon though.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By alistercat

I'm allergic to bee stings, and I was stung as a child. My throat closed up and I was taken to the hospital. I've never been stung since being a child though. It probably sucks!

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By SubwayD

Stung by a bee once when I was very young. Lived with cats, so gotten had the odd bite and claw from them. Oh, and one of them got fleas for a Summer, so those little assholes had a go at me as well.

Been affectionately gnawed upon by a dog. Does that count?

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Many times. I have been bitten by a goat, cat, dog and rabbit. Stung by bees and wasps many times a year.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bigsocrates  Online

Stepped on a bee once as a child with a bare foot. It hurt a lot, and my dad had to pull the stinger out. Never since then. Have come close many times with wasps and hornets though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I got stung once or twice as a kid. Haven't been stung since, though.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I sat on a bee not two days ago. Last time I was stung was like when I was 12.

Still sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Stung/bitten by bees, wasps, and ants all the time when I was kid.

I was at the beach and felt something sliding down the right side of my body while I was swimming. Realized it was a jellyfish when I get out of the water and the right side of my torso is all red and stings like hell. You could see the tracks left by the tentacles as they dragged across my body.

krummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By krummi

Of the poisonous things only been stung by a wasp as a kid. Leg nearly doubled in size as I'm allergic to insect bites/stings. Don't count the blood sucking types as Finnish summer is filled with them and they are impossible to avoid. "Hirvikärpänen" (was surprised that this thing doesn't have a common English name) is the most annoying thing ever, with horseflies tailing close behind.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I've been stung by bees and wasps many times. One of the worst was when I was about 10 and disturbed a hive and was stung about 4 or 5 times. Another incredibly unpleasant encounter was about a year ago with a bee that had somehow gotten in my house and decided to wake me up by stinging me on the face while I was in bed and in a deep sleep.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bees, bugs, spiders.

The usual, nothing requiring me to go to hospital thankfully

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a bee once. a 6 foot boa constrictor another time. some smaller snakes a few other times. family dog when i was four (i had aggravated him he was sweet otherwise). a few hamster bites (fucking demon animals). a feeder mouse once. uncounted cat and ferret bites that never broke skin. :D i think that's all.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stepped barefoot into a wasp once as a kid, never got seriously bitten or scratched. Someone I know though was bitten quite badly by a cat, which lead to surgery and 3 days in the hospital

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By RonGalaxy

I have cats, so yes. Never been stung by a bee though. Makes me wonder if I'm actually allergic to them, but never had a chance to find out. Hope I never do.

For some reason I'm deathly afraid of dragonflies even though the internet says their bite is unlikely to break skin, or even hurt. I still hate those fucking things.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One morning at the beggining of summer I woke up to a spider running away across my pillow, I noticed my bottom lip swell up a bit. Look in the mirror to see two tiny bite barks, I am convinced the little rascal bit me. Was it because it was drinking water from my mouth and when I tried to brush it away it got scared and bit in self defense? Or was he being a dick? I don't know

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By BoOzak

I've woken up with a wasp under the sheets so yes. (never slept in the nude again)

I also grew up with a dog so i've been bitten and scratched repeatedly, didnt hurt though, dogs are alright. (jellyfish can fuck off though)

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stung by jellyfish here also. I remember it hurting a lot.

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By azulot

Stung by jellyfish a few times swimming in the ocean and whatnot. Swarmed by yellowjackets when I was ~6 years old. Traumatized me. I hate bees, wasps, yellowjackets, those flies that look like bees, etc.

edit: also was bitten by a parrot when I was 3 years old, I guess?? it was only on the ear lobe and my parents got rid of it the next day.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember about... Man, maybe fifteen years ago now? I went to this park and there was a small enclosure where there were these swans. We looked at them, and were like, yeah whatever, swans. We turn our backs to them and start talking, and I put my hand on the fence, and I guess it was close enough to the swans that one of them actually fucking bit my hand. It startled me obviously, and it did cause me to bleed, but thankfully it didn't get a good angle on my hand and me throwing my hand back was enough for it to let go. I don't recall it hurting much at all either, now however I assume all birds are little shits who will go out of their way to antagonize people.

I also got bit by a dog before, though I admittedly kind of deserved it. This was even longer ago, probably just about twenty years ago, we got a family dog, and I was being a little shitty kid and fucking with her. She didn't tolerate that shit at all, and decided to bite me in the face. Tore my lip apart, and after that I gained a much healthier respect for her and didn't mess with her anymore. Whenever my parents bring it up now, they always talk about how I deserved it due to how badly I treated her, haha.

Other than that, I've gotten stung by bees before, but nothing in particular that I can remember.

MaKiNbAcoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

When I was a child (like 3/4) I went apple picking with my family. A bee came near my ear and I cupped my hand around my ear and the bee stung the inside of my ear. I was not a happy toddler. I grew up on the water so going in the ocean from like mid august till September was just jellyfish city. If you get stung, pee on the sting..sounds weird but it works.

I had not been stung by a bee in a long time (like 7/8 years?) and one day riding my bike got a bee caught between my thigh and pelvic region, stung me. Same thing happened again a week later.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Both. I think the last time I was stung was somewhere around the age of seven to nine (I'm nearly 27 now) Was only stung two or three times in my life and I think each time it was either one of my feet or my legs.

As for being bitten by any animals, I guess I pet a friend's cat the wrong way and she bit me. When I pulled my arm away really quick, her teeth dragged across my arm. It hurt a bit but didn't think anything of it until a few minutes later when I lifted my arm in front of my face and saw blood running down my arm. The cat actually died about a week later and I still wonder if that may have had something to do with it. Also had a chihuahua when I was a child and that dog apparently hated me though I was too young to remember how much it hated me. It was incredibly jealous when I was born and apparently fought for my dad's affection. According to mom, the dog bit my eyelid once when I was a bit older and walking, but I really don't remember that at all. I remember actually being sad when we got rid of the dog.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been stung by a bee and a jellyfish, and bitten by a gerbil. Grew up with dogs and cats - still have dogs, not so much cats - but never got a bite off one. Fair few claw marks from the cats, though.

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

been stung a few times by wasps, on various occasions. they have a fondness for my bushes.

i feel like it gets less painful the more it happens, but maybe that's just age talking.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

There was about a ten year period where I got stung at least once every single Summer. The worst was getting stung on the inside of my eyelid; I don't remember much of it, but I was told it swelled up like a baseball.

Haven't been stung in quite a while though. Last time was at the beach, a bee flew into my soda can and as I drank, it got stuck on my lower lip and the rest is history. Better than the alternative of getting stung mid-swallow, I guess. The weirdest part was my lip feeling exactly like when you get local anaesthetic at the dentist and you can bite down HARD on your lip and feel nothing.

Getting stung sucks.

bemusedchunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

once bitten

twice shy

Nixamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have slight tissue damage on one of my feet due to stepping on a dozen yellow jackets at once when I was a kid. It hurt. A lot.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Worst bite was by a cockatoo through the part of my hand between thumb and index finger. We had a pet one growing up and he got a bit shitty if you took too long loading his food in to the cage (aviary, it was pretty large - he had room to move around a fair bit and dig, it was pretty swanky for a damn bird actually). It hurt like hell.

Here's a cockatoo for reference:

No Caption Provided

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

A wasp flew down my shirt when I was cycling once and stung me 4 or 5 times.

I got my own back on waspkind, however, a few years later when I bit into a scone to find half a wasp staring back at me and a strange unsconelike crunch in my mouth.

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By captain_max707

I've been stung by bees plenty of times. Standout occasions include a sting on the neck during a mountain bike race and a whole bunch on my ankles when some friends and I accidentally stepped on an underground yellow jacket nest.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cagliostro88

Yeah stung and bitten by a bunch of animals, especially insects. When i was a child i was terrified of dogs because when i was four a large dog (several times bigger than me) came from behind me while i was holding a piece of focaccia and bit a whole lot of my hand to get it. Also as a child i stepped right in an ant nest and they got really, really pissed. Regarding sea animals i've had several bad encounters with jellyfishes (fuck them) and once stepped on a sea urchin (weirdly satisfying to remove the spines from the flesh, don't know why)

gunflame88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was very little I stuck my finger inside the end of a hollow handrail because I saw a small beehive there and I've never seen anything like that before. Yeah, that was the last time I stuck my anything anywhere without thinking.

cat_herder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been stung by wasps because what childhood is complete without throwing a rock at something that you definitely shouldn't be throwing rocks at (I was 6 and fortunately only got stung a couple times). Then there was the time I was too friendly with a docile honey bee, which upset her and I learned "Hey, maybe bugs aren't for petting".

The one that sticks out is when my pet snake bit me. I had been feeding him and when he was done it was time to pick him up out of his feeding tank and put him back into his regular terrarium. I reached in to grab him and either I smelled like mice or his face still did because he got me right in the meaty part of my hand. Fortunately he quickly realized his mistake and released, his teeth were super sharp so the hole closed up pretty neatly after a little polysporin. Things were never quite the same with him after that though, much less putting my face next to his face.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I remember thinking when I was little that I wanted to make it a whole summer without getting stung by a bee or burned by a nettle, so I guess it happened a lot. Or at least what I percieved to be a lot at the time. Then I eventually made it, and then it became easier and easier to the point where I lost track of how many years had passed without it happening.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stung by a wasp once. It stung me just above my ass and then fell dead into my back pocket. I was setting up a tent at the time.

Bitten by something one night as I slept. I woke up and there was a huge white pimple looking thing on my arm with two distinct looking marks in the centre of it. Never found out what did it.

And I've been bitten by dogs a few times, usually just snapped at though, nothing extreme.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got stung on my foot by a wasp when I was a kid. I remember it hurt like a motherfucker.

Been bit a few times by wolf spiders, they're uncomfortable but not so bad.

My friend's German Shepard was having a real bad day, I got into its territory and it bit me in the face. The wound was pretty superficial, though, but he was goin for it.

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By nicolenomicon

I've been bitten by a pet rat once, as well as an Orange-legged Swift spider once. Also just the general kitties-not-having-my-shit type bites.

Sysyphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was stung by a bee in my ear when I was little, I think about 5. Can't remember it that's just what I was told, it probably hurt like a motherfucker. As for bites/scratches I've got a cat and she can be a bit of a lunatic when she's playing. They don't hurt much though she's only a little puss.

Firepaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been bitten twice by my sister when she was younger.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got swarmed by paper wasps last summer. I still have a bump on my left arm from a stinger that never came out too. All-in-all, not my cup of tea.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I went my entire life without being stung by a bee or anything until a few years ago when I was stung on the shoulder by a wasp, right on my front porch. It hurt like a bitch and swelled up a little bit, but thankfully I didn't have any kind of severe reaction to it. It felt like getting a particularly agitating shot.

I always try to avoid bees/hornets/wasps, though. I freak the fuck out when one is near me. What miserable, asshole-ish creations they are.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been stung by baby jelly fish it was the size of maybe a snack pack pudding cup. It felts like a bunch of tiny fuzzy splinters on my hand. It hurt but more like annoying then agonizingly painful. Been bitten by a 4 foot albino boa Python. (Friends dog was curious to what it was and tried to lick it's face and I stiff armed the dog and the snake striked. Cool story for a date)

Been bitten by cats and dogs but never broke the skin. I'm to fast for bees. But I did have a tick on my stomach when j was little.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#44 FinalDasa  Moderator  Online

When I was very young, I was very afraid of bees. Whenever one flew near me I'd duck, dodge, and run away. I was told over and over again that if I didn't bother the bee, they wouldn't bother me.

Bad advice.

A few years later I was waiting outside my middle school when a wasp flew nearby. Overcoming my instincts to fun away, I stood still and tried not to antagonize it. The wasp flew closer and landed on my arm. I stood still, not wanting to panic the wasp and cause a sting.The wasp crawled to my elbow, stood there for a moment, stung me, and flew away.

Fuck wasps.

yabbering_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sea friends: Jellyfish, bluebottle jellyfiish, crabs (paddle crabs are the worst)

Air guys: bees, wasps, hornet.

Crawlers: spiders, earwig, centipede.

Mammals: Cat, dog, goat and sister.

Torbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Torbot

I got stung in the mouth by a bee last weekend. It had crawled into a soda and drowned, and when I tried to drink the last of the soda, it stung the roof of my mouth. It was pretty painful for a couple of minutes, but then it was just kinda numb for the rest of the day. I've also been bitten by fire ants a lot, and gotten a couple of ticks, but I've been lucky enough to avoid stuff like scorpions, which can be pretty common in central Texas.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By TobbRobb

A big ant bit me in my palm and the jaws got ripped off and stuck. I had to remove it with pincers. I've been stung by wasps 2-3 times, only one of which I vividly remember. Other than that it's mostly a metric fuckton of bites from gnats/mosquitoes and shit. I've spent so much time around mosquitoes I developed immunity and barely get itchy marks anymore. Plenty of ticks too, but I'm super careful to not get any more since they carry pretty much all the worst shit you can catch in my area.

A variety of playbites from cats and dogs too. Nothing ever quite serious, but blood has been drawn in the past.

Getting bit by shit is never a pleasant experience, but I do have to say. It does build character.

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was very young, I was very afraid of bees. Whenever one flew near me I'd duck, dodge, and run away. I was told over and over again that if I didn't bother the bee, they wouldn't bother me.

Bad advice.

A few years later I was waiting outside my middle school when a wasp flew nearby. Overcoming my instincts to fun away, I stood still and tried not to antagonize it. The wasp flew closer and landed on my arm. I stood still, not wanting to panic the wasp and cause a sting.The wasp crawled to my elbow, stood there for a moment, stung me, and flew away.

Fuck wasps.

In regards to me being swarmed when I was little, I was given the same advice - stay still and they won't bother you. I remember holding my breath. The fuckers (yellow jackets in my case), swarmed my foot (there was a nest beneath the playground I was sitting on) and even though I was crying I just stood still. My cousin fireman carried me the hell outta there. My foot was about the size of my head and I had stings all up my legs and what not (it was summer, in shorts) and some on my arms. My aunt put me in a bath with baking soda in it or something? It sucked. I'm 26 and my parents, any other family members, etc never make fun of me for my bee-like insect phobia.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@alistercat: like you, I'm also allergic to been stings. I had incredibly bad asthma as a child too (on average, being in hospital every year until I was 14) so adding a bee sting to it is potentially fatal.

I've probably been stung and bitten by many animals but they all pale in comparison to the bee stings that almost killed me.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

@dixavd: wow that sucks. I've managed to avoid it for almost 20 years thankfully. I do act like a frightened child whenever a bee is around though.