Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@CL60 said:
" @CowMuffins said:
" @AlexB said:
" This is really weird, we were discussing dreams in my Psychology class today and I asked about Lucid Dreams. Ironic thread much. "
Year old thread much. "
He's not even the one who bumped it... "
I think he was saying that it isn't ironic that he talked about it in his Psychology because this thread is over a year old.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By CL60
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @CL60 said:
" @CowMuffins said:
" @AlexB said:
" This is really weird, we were discussing dreams in my Psychology class today and I asked about Lucid Dreams. Ironic thread much. "
Year old thread much. "
I think he was saying that it isn't ironic that he talked about it in his Psychology because this thread is over a year old. "
It technically still is if he was just talking about it then it got bumped and he seen it though.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@CL60 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @CL60 said:
" @CowMuffins said:
" @AlexB said:
Year old thread much. "
I think he was saying that it isn't ironic that he talked about it in his Psychology because this thread is over a year old. "
It technically still is if he was just talking about it then it got bumped and he seen it though. "
Ok fine. Whatever. It makes no sense, happy?
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#104  Edited By sjschmidt93

Definitely. You know it's a dream and you can even move your arm in your bed.

I try to recognize when this is the case and get as many girls shirts off as possible. Maybe stab some one.

They're very rare, though.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By Brunchies

I never had one really, it sucks because it would either be really cool or really messed up.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#106  Edited By AlexB
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @CL60 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @CL60 said:
" @CowMuffins said:
" @AlexB said:
Year old thread much. "
It technically still is if he was just talking about it then it got bumped and he seen it though. "
Ok fine. Whatever. It makes no sense, happy? "
TheMustacheHero is right. I thought it was weird that this would come up in any sense seeing as though I had just started talking about it today. lol
phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By phonics
@AlexB said:
do you have any idea what irony is?

I can have lucid dreams almost at will. If I go to sleep really tired, put my alarm clock to wake me at 4am or something, stay up till 6am and go to bed dead tired and ill dream lucid. I'd rather just sleep the full night though, they arent THAT Great.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By AlexB
@Phonics: Okay 29 posts. I'll bite. Here's my explanation

A term (Lucid Dream) that I rarely use, maybe twice in a year, I happen to use today. On that very same day a thread that I have never seen and that has not resurfaced for a year pops up. 

That constitutes irony. You could also call it a coincidence. Either way sir why are you flaming me?
phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By phonics
@AlexB said:
" @Phonics: Okay 29 posts. I'll bite. Here's my explanation  A term (Lucid Dream) that I rarely use, maybe twice in a year, I happen to use today. On that very same day a thread that I have never seen and that has not resurfaced for a year pops up.   That constitutes irony. You could also call it a coincidence. Either way sir why are you flaming me? "
I'm pretty sure thats just coincidence. And I wasn't 'flaming' you, toughen up.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By AlexB
@Phonics: Okay, you personally try to start an argument on the definition of irony. A word that is already pretty open to interpretation. How is that not flaming. Seriously GTFO GB if you are going to start that stupid childish Gamespot shit, it is NOT welcome here.
phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By phonics
@AlexB said:
" @Phonics: Okay, you personally try to start an argument on the definition of irony. A word that is already pretty open to interpretation. How is that not flaming. Seriously GTFO GB if you are going to start that stupid childish Gamespot shit, it is NOT welcome here. "
Gamespot shit? Is your world so small that you assume that everyone on this site is from Gamespot or something? Do you think you're big shit compared to the little turds on gamespot forums now that you migrated to Giant Bomb or something? You are hilarious, I've never been a member on gamespot for your information.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By AlexB
@Phonics: Doesn't matter where you're from. Acting like you are better than other people and asking "do you even know what irony means?" makes you look like an arrogant douche. Nitpicking others word choice for no reason is just stupid. My use of irony is perfectly fine, and I have no idea why you would question it. Alright I'm done with you now, I should really learn to not feed the trolls.
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#113  Edited By Undeadpool

One: Sex with Salma Hayek. And that's why it was the best dream ever.

phonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By phonics
@AlexB: Troll? Great save buddy, obivously everyone who doesent embrace everything you say as the absolute truth must be trolling. And using irony in place of coincidence makes you the douche, you must be a big boy now that you're learning complex stuff like PSYCHOLOGY.
Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#115  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Quite often, I'm usually incredibly powerful in my lucid dreams. What does that say about my personality...hmm...

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, kinda. Like bad dreams where I know it's a dream so I'm trying to wake myself up. Or think I'm trying to wake myself up. And in the dream I'm in like serious danger so I'm freaking out, and I wonder if my body is really moving in real life. It's like I'm trying so hard to wake up but I can't and things get more dangerous and then finally before being killed I wake up. I hate those dreams.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By NickL
@Hamst3r said:
" I'm pretty good at initiating lucid dreams. I'm also pretty good at getting to that state between being asleep and awake where you start having auditory hallucinations and weird skin sensations. Over the years I've learned how to control them. They still freak me out sometimes tho. It's difficult to stay relaxed when you start hearing things or it feels like you've suddenly started falling.Once you get there tho it's fun. :) "
oh man i get the sensation of falling for about 10 seconds every night, usually ends with my entire body twitching and me sitting there really freaked out (im a bit afraid of heights so naturally i dont like falling either)
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Here's the better question, have you ever had a lucid wet dream?

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#119  Edited By buzz_clik

The only times I can really remember that I've had lucid dreams is when I've realised I'm dreaming about something I don't want to dream about and try to wake up. In the dream I'm trying to deliberately open my eyes and it's bloody difficult, like they're so heavy that it takes all my effort to lift my eyelids.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#120  Edited By Crono

No, I have never experienced this but I envy those that do.  I usually don't remember my dreams and wake up without a single thought from my sleep.  That said, when I do have dreams they are usually nightmares, the scariest being a deja vu dream in which I had dreamed I woke up, my room completely replicated, went down my stairs, turned the corner, and began to be murdered.  I then woke up for real, questioning if I was really awake, frantic, and snuck downstairs extremely paranoid and defensively, checking every fucking corner.  It was so real that it got to me.  I'm glad I rarely remember my dreams.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By bubahula
@Claude said:
" I used to practice Lucid dreaming by telling myself  "I will remember my dream or I will fly" over and over while trying to go to sleep. It worked sometimes, but I would eventually lose control of the dream. I think I read how to do it in Omni Magazine "went out of print in '95". "
i have not remembered any of my dreams in a long ass time. so i tried that last night and i had 3 seperate dreams that i remembered. ima try again tonight.
one of them was about me designing the "Olympic hammer".
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122  Edited By Linkyshinks

Definitely do. Those with fruitful imaginations tend to.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By GunnBjorn

Most of the time 'lucid dreaming' occurs when you're very tired and you can't sleep but the brain insists of some rest in order not to go mental... 

@Tarsier, 

'But yeah, it's a really amazing thing. You can do anything you want and sometimes it is as vivid as real life.' 

That's because both fact and fiction is processed by the same neural organ. 

''Acetylcholine neurons fire high voltage impulses into the forebrain. The impulses become pictures, the pictures become your dream. But no one knows why we choose these particular pictures.'' (Special Agent Dale Cooper/Twin Peaks - Rest in Pain)
Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#124  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I get sleep paralysis. Fucking worst thing ever. I feel like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill trying to get my limbs to move again. FUCK. 

Usually, I don't remember dreaming at all. And whenever I realize I'm dreaming, I wake up. I've only had a couple super realistic dreams many years ago.

One time I was able to fly. But, I had to flap my arms, and I was only able to get a foot or so off the ground. I just flew in circles around my backyard, which was incredibly lame. It was kind of stressful because my face was almost hitting the ground.

The second dream I had was almost prophetic. I swear to god I dreamt the script of Jurassic Park 2. This was before the movie came out. The part when some of the survivors were stuck in a cave with the T-Rex at the entrance licking through the opening. I dreamt that whole scene before the movie even came out. After that the Dinosaurs made it to my city, kinda like the movie, but then it went off on its own tangent. Me saving all the girls in my Junior High class.

I don't know if these were lucid dreams, but they were incredibly realistic and memorable.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#125  Edited By Gunner

Ive done it maybe 3 times in my life, one of those three was when i was knocked out from falling off a tree when i was a kid.

eyehook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By eyehook

Stephen Laberge 4tw! :)  I was quite into lucid dreaming in high school.  I got to the point where I could do it on an almost daily basis... I should get back into it.  It definitely requires some dedication to do it reliably, though.  Omni magazine was where I first learned about it, back in the day.
leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#127  Edited By leky1

Many many MANY times!I am usually in this same universe every time and its just maddening that i have no idea WTF IS GOING ON! IMO
lucid dreams will be much like how much you like GeOw 2:Based on your perspective on the thing!

Edit:You probably don't  care but ill tell you one of my experiences:i was in this bar and my bar tab waas like 200 bucks!Jesus!Thankfully i had a pump-action shotgun (whch somehow fitted into my wallet O.O) but i also have 700 bucks handy so i payed my tab and than just some weird shit started happening and i was like

"Ok WTF" and i seriously didn't even say What the fuck....i said the short internet version.And i would also rarely laugh and instead of actually laughing i said :ROFL....just WTH.....ROFL?...now you know why i love them:they ALWAYS crack me up

leky1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By leky1

I remember couple of years back in a bar,i thought i was having a lucid dream and i was feeling really weird!So i asked the bartender am i having such a dream and said:No!Your just drunk....lol my first and last time to drink any kind of beer!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#129  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I have them quite often, usually when I realise I'm dreaming, but continue to sleep anyway.  It's a weird feeling, but the dreams basically become whatever I start to think about.
I can basically do this anytime I don't have to immediatly wake up.  I don't know if anyone else has brought it up here, but I'm also pretty good at the "internal alarm clock".  If I think about waking up at a certain time before I go to sleep, I'll pretty much always wake up just before that time, unless I'm very tired.

Oddly enough, I've never suffered from sleep paralysis though.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#130  Edited By flaminghobo

I had one last night.

elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By elbon

I've dreamt in code a couple of times now

MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By MrSnow

Yes. I decided to fly which i did. It was so.............. COOL!

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#133  Edited By MKHavoc

Never had one.  Although one night I somehow became aware that I was dreaming, but woke up before I could do anything.