Have You Ever Had Thoughts About Getting Married?

• 109 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By falserelic

For me I'm skeptical about marriage. It just seems like alot of marriages never last long. You can be madly in love with someone for a moment, then overtime get tired of seeing that person. Me personally I really don't know what to think about it. I don't know if I'm cut out for marriage or have what it takes to make a relationship lasts. Its alot of time and effort that goes into a marriage, and I don't think I have the patience for it. But as for the people that's already married I wish you guys the best of luck. Hope things are going well in your relationship

Anyway I like to hear the GB people's thoughts about marriage.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Toxin066

I...I just don't want to be alone anymore.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

It's a pretty moot point when you've been married since 1937.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By falserelic

@Video_Game_King said:

If a person's been married for that long the love is probably gone.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I'm too young to think about that nonsense.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dungbootle

I'm open to the possibility, yeah.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I would like to one day but I still need to be able to take care of myself before taking on a future wife (and possible family)

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By BoG

I want to get married. It seems like marriage is the way things are supposed to be, at least socially. Two parents, raising children together. The kids deserve to have two parents who love them, and love each other. Each of us deserves that stability and commitment.

A lot of marriages don't work. I've seen plenty of marriages fail. Marriage can work if you're willing to make it work. I don't have a formula or anything, nor do I have experience. I just think that, if you're willing to do your part, and your spouse is willing to do theirs, it will work.

I can't think of anything better in lie than sharing life's greatest moments with a woman that I love. I can't think of anything better than having a travel partner, having someone to go hiking with, someone to share all of my thoughts with, someone who I genuinely want to listen to, someone that I love, and loves me back. You can have this without marriage, I guess, but I feel like that ceremony is the ultimate expression of your mutual desires.

Ok, back to video games.

Avatar image for guns_n_roses_child
Guns_N_Roses_Child

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm not fully mentally mature yet to have a final opinion on marriage. I kind of want all of the benefits of marriage, without the cons if we do decide to split. I hate drama and bullshit, and I know I will have to deal with tons of that if a marriage does turn sour. Right now, and for the near future, co-habitation is the best and only option for me.

Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Portis

My girlfriend and I have been together for years and have no plans on ever getting married. Married or not, we are soul mates and don't really need a marriage license to tell us that. We'd also much rather use that money for traveling.

Though I should point out that I don't think marriage is a bad thing at all though, and I completely understand why couples do it.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Red

@BoG said:

I want to get married. It seems like marriage is the way things are supposed to be, at least socially. Two parents, raising children together. The kids deserve to have two parents who love them, and love each other. Each of us deserves that stability and commitment.

A lot of marriages don't work. I've seen plenty of marriages fail. Marriage can work if you're willing to make it work. I don't have a formula or anything, nor do I have experience. I just think that, if you're willing to do your part, and your spouse is willing to do theirs, it will work.

I can't think of anything better in lie than sharing life's greatest moments with a woman that I love. I can't think of anything better than having a travel partner, having someone to go hiking with, someone to share all of my thoughts with, someone who I genuinely want to listen to, someone that I love, and loves me back. You can have this without marriage, I guess, but I feel like that ceremony is the ultimate expression of your mutual desires.

Ok, back to video games.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Whitestripes09

Why is the no choice so aggressive and hostile? It's not that I believe that it's a waste of money or time, it's simply just not what I believe in. I think it's a very old fashion thing to do unless I came from a very prestigious family (I don't, I'm just a common man) there really is no economic gain from getting married other than for scum bag reasons. I don't really want kids either because I just don't see myself with kids to be honest. That's not to say that I don't believe in living or being with a person you love and care for though, I think companionship with someone is a necessity for everyone.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King

@falserelic said:

@Video_Game_King said:

If a person's been married for that long the love is probably gone.

No Caption Provided
Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Bwast

I'd like to find someone I can spend the rest of my life with but my life isn't exactly in the place where I can be thinking about marriage or even a relationship. I can't even care for myself properly some days, I wouldn't be able to care for another like a good partner should.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By guiseppe

Not marriage really, but I'm ready to make a full-time commitment. I just don't see the point in marriage. It's just a bunch of paperworks.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By habster3

Based off my past experiences with girls, nope. Never. Also, I'd probably be a shitty father.

Somewhat relevant (I guess):

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BraveToaster

I don't know, if I find a woman who can put up with my bullshit (and I love her) then I'll get married.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By falserelic

Well isn't this just beautiful. A girl dream comes true where a guy makes an epic wedding proposal. That dude must have hard earned cash to even pull this shit off.

robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By robot4me

my first marriage lasted 2 years and 1 kid. now I have been married for 12 years & 3 kids and love 95% of every day with my lovely wife and kids. My first wife and me got married after knowing each other for six months. My second wife and me dated for 6 years before we married. Don't rush into marriage until you know if you can still be happy with your partner after you have heard all of their stories and they have heard all of yours. Live with them for a year to know if you are compatible. Get to know them real well before you rush because a lease is easier to dissolve than a marriage.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By ajamafalous

I'd like to get married one day, yeah.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Subjugation

Absolutely. It is one of the most momentous things you can do in your life. No one ever said maintaining a marriage is easy, and if they did they are lying, but it's all about perseverance and working through the tough times. Spending the time to find someone you are compatible with and then making them your partner through thick and thin, and likewise being the same for them, is something that is ultimately very appealing to me.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Animasta

you missed an option for "can't", HOMOPHOBE

but serious I'd like to but it's probably not going to happen

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TyCobb

Married for 3 years so far. Everything is still good and marriage makes things a lot easier. For instance, health insurance can be cheaper or you can be double covered based on your jobs. Even though most married couples end up fighting about money issues/troubles, there are still benefits. My wife ended up buying 50% ownership of the store she worked for. This is something that definitely would not have happened if we weren't married because A) she didn't have the money and B) I wouldn't just loan someone large chunks of cash like that. There are lots of other benefits and no reason to go into these.

I think most marriages fail because it is so easy to just quit. Also religion doesn't have the grip that it once had and that was one of the things that allowed a lot of marriages to make it. I am not saying people shouldn't get a divorce, but I am saying that people always thought about it a lot harder before doing so. My wife and I were both raised Catholic even though I never went to church. I don't practice it or anything (I probably haven't been to church since I got married), but I still honor a lot of the values and beliefs. To me that seems like something that is missing in a lot of homes. I have seen a lot of friends get divorced because someone was cheating or one of them was working too hard and not spending enough time at home. That's something I have never fathomed, divorce someone because they are working long hours to try and secure a future for you. I mean really, what the fuck? I am not saying you must have religion, blah blah blah. I am just trying to say that I think too many people nowadays (especially younger adults) are selfish and lack basic morals because they either didn't learn them from some form of religion or their family did not instill it into them as a child. I didn't get taught by religion, but by just growing up in a decent family.

Probably another reason why marriages fail so easily and fast is because people get married for the wrong reasons. DON'T GET MARRIED BECAUSE YOU KNOCKED SOME CHICK UP! That is the stupidest reason to get married unless you have already been together for 5+ years. Be a man and just accept that you fucked up and will be paying child support payments for the next 18 years. If you marry some girl after 6 months of dating because you got her pregnant, 99% of the time you are going to get screwed even harder because now she can even slap you with alimony plus child support. So, kids remember this: wear a condom. lol

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By falserelic

@Animasta said:

I completely forgot about that.

Avatar image for absoluthysteria
AbsolutHysteria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By AbsolutHysteria
No Caption Provided

Nope, I mean I think that there would be a god- damn homicide after the first couple of months. IT WOULD BE BRUTAL

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#27  Edited By pyromagnestir

I think marriage is currently an outdated institution, but hey, if I find the right person I'd be up for it.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Never.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TyCobb

@AbsolutHysteria said:

Nope, I mean I think that there would be a god- damn homicide after the first couple of months. IT WOULD BE BRUTAL

But if you were able to get a life insurance policy on your spouse and made it look like an accident....

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By csl316

When I was younger I figured I'd be married by 25. That didn't happen and I eventually figured hell no, don't wanna do it.

But now I'm at the point where I'm open to the idea. Just not in a rush at all.

Avatar image for absoluthysteria
AbsolutHysteria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AbsolutHysteria

@TyCobb: I like the way you think mister

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By falserelic

@TyCobb said:

@AbsolutHysteria said:

No Caption Provided

But if you were able to get a life insurance policy on your spouse and made it look like an accident....

Then you'll be seeing that green paper...

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Turambar
@Whitestripes09 said:

Why is the no choice so aggressive and hostile? It's not that I believe that it's a waste of money or time, it's simply just not what I believe in. I think it's a very old fashion thing to do unless I came from a very prestigious family (I don't, I'm just a common man) there really is no economic gain from getting married other than for scum bag reasons. I don't really want kids either because I just don't see myself with kids to be honest. That's not to say that I don't believe in living or being with a person you love and care for though, I think companionship with someone is a necessity for everyone.

I wouldn't say being in a more advantageous tax bracket or potentially having an extra source of health insurance if your job does not give it to you are scum bag reasons.
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Turambar
@Animasta said:

Since when was a marriage a marriage if only the government recognizes it? 
NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

I would like to get married someday. I would like to have a nice job first and maybe my own place. It would take a really special person for me to commit like that though... like super special. Not sure if he/she is out there, but it can't hurt to be open to the possibility.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By williamhenry

@Portis said:

My girlfriend and I have been together for years and have no plans on ever getting married. Married or not, we are soul mates and don't really need a marriage license to tell us that. We'd also much rather use that money for traveling.

Though I should point out that I don't think marriage is a bad thing at all though, and I completely understand why couples do it.

You do know you don't have to have a huge, expensive wedding to get married right? You could go to the courthouse and do it for next to nothing. Not that I think everyone should get married, I don't know if I want to, I just don't understand claiming its too expensive.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zekhariah

Marriage seems good, if it is for the correct reasons.

Although I personally think it should strictly be a personal contract. But still available as a standard government form you can modify and open to any non-minors (maybe remove all of the financial and criminal testimony oriented benefits to avoid a everyone in a mafia group getting married scenario).

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By wjb

I'm open to the idea of marriage, but I don't want a "sitcom" marriage where the wife is a controlling, manipulative shrew and the husband is a fucking idiot who sequesters himself in his "man-cave" and bargains to have sex once a month by taking the trash out or whatever. I don't mind living in the suburbs, but I don't want that middle-class, suburban lifestyle where my generation is starting to do things simply because our parents did before us. I like Tupperware, but fuck Tupperware parties.

Also, I hate the mentality that if you are at a certain age (like over 40) and you never got married, then something is wrong with you. Like, "Why can't you get married, have kids, then get divorced and lead unhappy lives like the rest of us, asshole?"

FearMyFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FearMyFlop

Divorced. Three years now and I'm only 25. I don't see myself re-marrying anyone and I just plan on being the best father I can be for my son and give him 100%. Women have no souls.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#40  Edited By Slag

If I find the right person then yeah, I'd really like that.

Light years away from that though. Just might not be in the cards for me.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TyCobb

@WilliamHenry said:

@Portis said:

You do know you don't have to have a huge, expensive wedding to get married right? You could go to the courthouse and do it for next to nothing. Not that I think everyone should get married, I don't know if I want to, I just don't understand claiming its too expensive.

This. Also one of the major benefits to being married is the ability to make medical decisions for your spouse in the time of need. Portis, If anything were to happen to your girlfriend, you would not be able to make medical decisions and all decisions would either be made through a blood relative or the hospital. You may think you don't want it, but if you really think you are going to spend the rest of your life with someone then it is the smart thing to do.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By myniceicelife

@Toxin066 said:

I...I just don't want to be alone anymore.

i laughed, then i thought about it, and i now agree haha.

but yea, I want to get married. has to be the right girl though as I don't want to rush anything and wind up regretting it in the future.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By falserelic

Reading all these comments made me listen to this song again.

If I do get married I'll probably play this song at my wedding, and be like do you know what today is?

isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By isaiah

Hard swing from d to e I've been Married for 8 years happy with how its worked out thus far. A lit of my friends have been married and divorced several times

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By Hunter5024

There was a girl who I expected I would marry for a long time, but she passed away 3 years ago.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46  Edited By Giantstalker

Definitely no, not ever.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By falserelic

@Hunter5024 said:

There was a girl who I expected I would marry for a long time, but she passed away 3 years ago.

Sorry to hear about that man..

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#48  Edited By laussica

I was in a long term relationship a year ago
He was from Canada on a working visa in Australia he wanted to get married so he could stay in the country I said no even though I cared for him I just didn't think he was my soulmate and I was only 20 at the time

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FlarePhoenix

@laussica said:

I was in a long term relationship a year ago He was from Canada on a working visa in Australia he wanted to get married so he could stay in the country I said no even though I cared for him I just didn't think he was my soulmate and I was only 20 at the time

Well that sounds romantic: honey, you want to get married so I can stay in the country?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MideonNViscera

I may get married if the woman puts a shitload of pressure on me and I want her to fuck off. So as you can see, I'm already essentially married anyway.