Have You Ever Suffered A Terrible Defeat By A Female Gamer?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Recently I was at a friend house playing Street Fighter: 3rd Strike. I was winning most of the matches kicking my friend's ass as Dudley. Then he's sister and her friends decided to show up. She started talking shit and said she could whip my ass in 3rd strike. First thing I did was laugh I didn't take her seriously at all. She took offense to that and really started to annoy the hell out of me. So after she started getting on my nerves I decided to vs her. I knew he's sister was a hardcore gamer but at the sametime I didn't think much of her. She was nerdy looking and I thought it was going to be a breeze.

We started playing 3rd strike I picked Dudley she picked Necro. Right off the bat I went straight offensive and she parry all my punches. Every punch she parry she came right back with a combo that took most of my health away. Then after most of my health was gone she would do Necro's special electric attack and win the match. She kept doing that shit for all the matches. I got to a point where I didn't know what to do anymore I was at a complete lost. I was focus I tried everything that I knew Dudley could do and still I was lost. I couldn't even win 1 match or take abit of her health off.

She kept getting S grades from winning the matches. The worse match I had with her was when I couldn't even throw 1 punch. After we got through playing the game her and her goofy ass friends started laughing at me. This overwhelming feeling of defeat came over me. I was so angry that I started shaking and tapping my foot. It was bad that I loss but it was worse that I loss by a women. She kept rubbing her victory spree in my face like a true asshole, and I got to the point where I just went home. I was already pissed off and I just wanted to slap the crap out of her. She was so fucking annoying I ended up getting a headache by her. I walked backed home with my pride damaged because of her.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeF

So what you're saying is that your sexist preconceptions came back to bite you in the ass?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By falserelic

@DeF said:

So what you're saying is that your sexist preconceptions came back to bite you in the ass?

Pretty much.

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By theoldhouse

Same thing happened when I was 10, and an idiot.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mylifeforAiur

@falserelic said:

loss by a women

Uh...

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By korwin

I'm trying to figure out if there is a correlation between gross sexist people and grammar. So far you're providing good positive data.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By falserelic

@Korwin said:

I'm trying to figure out if there is a correlation between gross sexist people and grammar. So far you're providing good positive data.

Aswome...

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jimbo

Maybe she'd have been more magnanimous in victory if you hadn't been so dismissive in the first place? Seems to me like she taught you a lesson you needed teaching, and the ball busting afterwards was no worse than you deserved.

Still, the only thing you can do to restore your manly pride in a situation like this is challenge them to a throwing contest.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By falserelic

@Jimbo said:

Maybe she'd have been more magnanimous in victory if you hadn't been so dismissive in the first place? Seems to me like she taught you a lesson you needed teaching, and the ball busting afterwards was no worse than you deserved. Still, the only thing you can do to restore your manly pride in a situation like this is challenge them to a throwing contest.

Yeah your right I deserved it. Usually when I face female gamers. They don't put much up with a fight. I thought this situation was going to end the same but I was wrong.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MideonNViscera

One time in Halo: Reach my whole team got owned by a girl.

stonepawfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By stonepawfox

two possible things here: this is fake and you're trying to make a point or something (hedging my bet on this one, your language seems disingenuous), or it's real and you're just a giant asshole and probably not good at third strike at all. meaning you were bragging about beating your button mashing friend, thus making it confusing why you'd be so confident about beating a player of unknown skill. no need for a thread imo.

edit: PS just would like to add in that anyone who is surprised by a girl being better than them is severely disillusioned. it's a fucking video game you child, there's no physiological difference that could possibly make girls disadvantaged at them.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably, none that were blatant about being a female though.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By falserelic

@stonepawfox said:

two possible things here: this is fake and you're trying to make a point or something (hedging my bet on this one, your language seems disingenuous), or it's real and you're just a giant asshole and probably not good at third strike at all. meaning you were bragging about beating your button mashing friend, thus making it confusing why you'd be so confident about beating a player of unknown skill. no need for a thread imo.

I'm overall decent at third strike. Dudley is the character I'm good at the most. I was pretty hyped up after beating my friend multiple times. But he's sister was playing at a expert level. So me being naive I ended up getting my asskicked.

weirdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By weirdo

I usually get horny and wanna have sex with her like no tomorrow

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#15  Edited By BeachThunder

Quick, say this is just satire and you might be able to save face...

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I'm sure I have, but I just shrug it off knowing that I win at life by excelling at math and logic.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17  Edited By Geno
@DeF said:

I know right? Is this guy 13?
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By falserelic

@Geno said:

@DeF said:

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By Geno
@falserelic said:

@Geno said:

@DeF said:

God help you. 
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By falserelic

@Geno said:

@falserelic said:

@Geno said:

@DeF said:

God help you.

Look I don't think less of women at all. It was just playing a video game with a women. Which I just kinda didn't think was going to be a challenge, and I know it was stupid of me to think like that.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TruthTellah

@falserelic: Wait... are you Aris Bakhtanians?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By falserelic

@TruthTellah said:

Who the hell is that?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TruthTellah

@falserelic said:

@TruthTellah said:

Who the hell is that?

heh. Sorry, it's just a recent fighting game community joke. If you look him up, you'll get it. I was just ribbin' ya.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#24  Edited By MachoFantastico

My sister use to kick my ass at Bust-a-Move on PS1 :D She was always better at me at that damn game.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By falserelic

@TruthTellah said:

@falserelic said:

@TruthTellah said:

Who the hell is that?

heh. Sorry, it's just a fighting game community joke. If you look him up, you'll get it. I was just ribbin' ya.

O now I know who he is. The gamer that made some sexist remarks about a women LOL! I know its a joke but the majority of people who posted made me look like a villain. It wasn't like I went to the girl talking crap to get her to fight me. She came bothering me.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By NMC2008

Female friend beat me in Tekken Tag by simply button mashing her way to victory, after that, I stopped playing Tekken Tag, not because she beat me but because she beat me with no knowledge of any game mechanics, so I threw my hands up and asked myself why I even bother learning fighting games. Stopped learning fighting games shortly after and just play with my basic knowledge of fighting games instead of learning each fighting game, it's better this way.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27  Edited By Castiel

Or maybe you just lost big time because you meet a better player, gender doesn't really matter.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Elazul

I just have a few observations to make here:

1. Obviously women can play video games just as well as men if they've had as much practice.
  2. There's absolutely no more shame in losing to a female gamer than there is losing to a male gamer, unless your sexist preconceptions make that the case. It's not like you lost to your little brother or anything.
  3. If you really are 19 and are getting that angry about a casual Street Fighter match, you should probably get some kind of anger management counseling. It's really not okay to want to hit someone over something so trivial, especially at your age. Honestly, that amount of post-game trash-talking was both deserved and to be expected after you were that dismissive of her and you really should be able to deal with it.
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By falserelic

@Elazul said:

I just have a few observations to make here:

1. Obviously women can play video games just as well as men if they've had as much practice.
  2. There's absolutely no more shame in losing to a female gamer than there is losing to a male gamer, unless your sexist preconceptions make that the case. It's not like you lost to your little brother or anything.
  3. If you really are 19 and are getting that angry about a casual Street Fighter match, you should probably get some kind of anger management counseling. It's really not okay to want to hit someone over something so trivial, especially at your age. Honestly, that amount of post-game trash-talking was both deserved and to be expected after you were that dismissive of her and you really should be able to deal with it.

I don't hit women at all, and I usually take defeat pretty well. But when she started talking crap and rubbing her finger in my face. That's when I started getting upset.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TruthTellah

@falserelic said:

@TruthTellah said:

@falserelic said:

@TruthTellah said:

Who the hell is that?

heh. Sorry, it's just a fighting game community joke. If you look him up, you'll get it. I was just ribbin' ya.

O now I know who he is. The gamer that made some sexist remarks about a women LOL! I know its a joke but the majority of people who posted made me look like a villain. It wasn't like I went to the girl talking crap to get her to fight me. She came bothering me.

No one's alleging that you treated her poorly; they're just objecting to the premise and tone of the original post. You're no villain, but as you said, your sentiment was immature and you should know better. People are simply saying, "Yeah, it totally was immature, and you totally should know better." That doesn't mean you're a villain; it just means the original post and its premise are silly and immature.

Something to learn from, right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Jimbo
Maybe she'd have been more magnanimous in victory if you hadn't been so dismissive in the first place? Seems to me like she taught you a lesson you needed teaching, and the ball busting afterwards was no worse than you deserved.

Still, the only thing you can do to restore your manly pride in a situation like this is challenge them to a throwing contest.
The entire story describes her as the aggressor party and acting unreasonably dickish. Why are most the people in this thread treating her like the sympathetic character, in spite of her actions?

i've probably been beaten by girls plenty of times. The only time in person I can recall is one of my friends' girlfriends winning at Mario Kart several times.
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By falserelic

@TruthTellah said:

@falserelic said:

@TruthTellah said:

@falserelic said:

@TruthTellah said:

Who the hell is that?

No one's alleging that you treated her poorly; they're just objecting to the premise and tone of the original post. You're no villain, but as you said, your sentiment was immature and you should know better. People are simply saying, "Yeah, it totally was immature, and you totally should know better." That doesn't mean you're a villain; it just means the original post and its premise are silly and immature.

Something to learn from, right?

I understand. I got no hate towards female gamers in general, or my friend's sister. She can be a nice girl at times. But there's lots of times she likes to show off.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Elazul

@falserelic: I'm not saying you hit her (that would be a whole new level of fucked up, as in "you should face criminal charges" fucked up), I'm just saying that if you got that angry over video game trash-talk then something is clearly wrong. Obviously if you were perfectly polite and she acted like that it'd be one thing, but when you underestimate someone that badly and end up getting creamed because of it, you have to accept the fallout.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TruthTellah

@falserelic: heh. Well, that's good to hear, man. Female gamers are just gamers. So, uh, don't underestimate em next time. ;)

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By YoThatLimp

Wow, OP is a douche.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By YoThatLimp

@falserelic said:

@Geno said:

@falserelic said:

@Geno said:

@DeF said:

God help you.

Look I don't think less of women at all. It was just playing a video game with a women. Which I just kinda didn't think was going to be a challenge, and I know it was stupid of me to think like that.

"I didn't think less of her because she is a woman. I was just playing video games with her and didn't perceive her as a threat because she is a woman"

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By falserelic

@Elazul said:

@falserelic: I'm not saying you hit her (that would be a whole new level of fucked up, as in "you should face criminal charges" fucked up), I'm just saying that if you got that angry over video game trash-talk then something is clearly wrong. Obviously if you were perfectly polite and she acted like that it'd be one thing, but when you underestimate someone that badly and end up getting creamed because of it, you have to accept the fallout.

But she came off as disrespectful. I would have been polite about it if she asked nicely. But she had an attitude that she was godlike in the game. I can't lie she was a damn good player at 3rd strike. But she kept on bragging and talking shit then rubbing her finger in my face. You would understand why I was getting upset.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TruthTellah

@falserelic said:

@Elazul said:

But she came off as disrespectful. I would have been polite about it if she asked nicely. But she had an attitude that she was godlike in the game. I can't lie she was a damn good player at 3rd strike. But she kept on bragging and talking shit then rubbing her finger in my face. You would understand why I was getting upset.

No one likes when someone is trash-talking like that or laughing at us. But when you say you didn't expect much of a challenge because she's a "female gamer" and then she showed you up, there's reason for people to go "Good for her." When you say it's bad enough to lose, but worse to lose to a woman. That sets off alarm bells going ring-a-ding-ding, as that statement is immature, kinda sexist nonsense. No one's saying you hate women. They're saying you've bought into a common failing of expecting less of women, and in this instance, a woman really showed you what's what. You'll have to pardon those who will cheer her on for bucking your wrongful expectations.

So, in summary, everyone agrees and can relate to trash-talking making us mad. I dislike trash-talking. Focusing on the fact that she's a "female gamer" and how that somehow makes you madder and feel worse, though, that's a stupid sentiment that people aren't relating to. The base question "Have you ever suffered a terrible defeat by a female gamer?" inherently establishes the idea that the "female gamer" part is important. The question "Have you ever suffered a terrible defeat in a game to a lousy trash-talker?" would have been a lot more reasonable. But getting caught up on the "female gamer" part and how it made the loss so much worse, well, that poisoned the well on this one. Understand what we mean now?

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@falserelic said:

@Elazul said:

I'd suggest you bow out gracefully, mate. While I can see how you'd get annoyed from anyone acting like that, be it a man or a woman, the fact that you focused this thread and your arguement on, not her behaviour, but her sex was practically digging your own grave. You're going to get smack-talked, you're going to put down. And in a way, you deserve it for opening your Parchment v2. before thinking. Lock the thread and go on with your life.

For what it's worth, I know your pain, allow me to share it with you, my most manly brother! I had a girlfriend who beat me in Resistance 3 multiplayer. She'd been playing it non-stop for months on a row where-as I had just purchased the game. Her sudden strikes, swift and lethal and direct combined with ferocious equipment that was rare and out of my reach kept me in my proper place, on my knees, head in hands; lamenting the dignity with which I had once carried my weapon into combat. She was a leviathan where-as I but a man, but a proud, proud man. But then something happened, something she had not expected as she stood, triumphant above me, self-pleased snigger marring her beautiful features. My manly pride surged forth as she put me into the ground and I vowed to show her the fury beating within the masculine, power, romantic chest of a true man. I practised and fought, and then one day; she was coming for me. She had caught me in unawares and I began to hear the dominant, pleased snarl of a feline predator as she promised pain and defeat; I rounded a corner, barely any health left from her onslaught, flames still licking at my seared and punctured back, and I waited, biding my time, drinking her wine. She turned the corner, and I meleed her in the face. "SIT DOWN, WOMAN!", my resplendant victory cry shook the very foundations of the server, and indeed, this was the beginning of an era known as the kill-streak. Many times before had I killed her, but the tides had shifted and her skills no longer frightened me; they were a challenge to overcome which I had mastered! Bullseye rounds spew towards her in deadly arcs as I time and time again unleashed the precious fruits of my training. It was a blood-buzz, a haze of pixels and frustration let out, her voice pleading and shouting protests muted as blood pumped into my head, fuelling my laughter and mania further and further until she was no more; her pride extinguished, her sense of worth maimed and her pretty, little dreams shattered. She wore sorrow like a weight around her neck and never before had she seemed so fragile and small, so desirable.

And then, as the dust settled, I showed her how well-versed I was with my other gun, and masculinity prevailed!

.. Cough, I think this thread got to my head.

Edit: "Sex" is the correct term to sub-categorize male and female beneath, "gender" is first and foremost used in describing whether a word is masculine or feminine in the grammatical meaning. Also, added some more bullshit to my post.

@TruthTellah: Think you explained it as well as one can; though I will argue for the fact that I do understand how it could be somewhat upsetting for the trash-talker in question to be female. As a norm, female gamers are a rarity, and in fact, it is an expression that tends to be taken to mean nothing but a classifcation that we've all come to ridicule in one way or another. Most gamers will scoff at them as to a point, they'll always be outsiders, an abberation inside a purview that tendencially falls under male supervision. The rest of us think it's ridiculous as it simply doesn't matter whether you're a woman or a man, "gamer" is a classification that's easy enough to make fun of on it's own without anyone adding meat to it.

So, with women making up a minority in the gaming community, I'd not be terribly surprised to hear that this was the first time the OP did, indeed, encounter a skilled gamer, who happened to be a girl. There always will remain a form of uneasiness between the two genders, even in a strong friend, or a marriage, conflicts that spring out of a simple fact, we're inherently different in many ways. Many claim that understanding the other sex is an art, god knows it's one a lot of people haven't mastered. So there we are, with traditions, with habits, with a strange awkwardness in the air that we'll never really be able to explain with any accuracy, and suddenly OP finds himself in a situation that he's only experienced with other men/boys. Undressing in a locker-room, or speaking of hot babes, or being smack-talked in a video-game; there's a number of things that society has seperated men and women from, and when one side crosses the border, it tends to warp one's sense of reality to a certain degree. I still think he thought like a mule and spoke like an ass, though I can understand the fact that this situation may be somewhat alien to him and as such, confused him which takes away some of the blame for his dreadful post.

What I'm saying is; it's not sexist nonsense. It's very common nonsense.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jimbo

@Brodehouse said:

@Jimbo

The entire story describes her as the aggressor party and acting unreasonably dickish. Why are most the people in this thread treating her like the sympathetic character, in spite of her actions? i've probably been beaten by girls plenty of times. The only time in person I can recall is one of my friends' girlfriends winning at Mario Kart several times.

I wouldn't say sympathetic exactly - sounds like they were both giving as good as each other, except she had the game to back it up and he didn't. Pointing out to somebody who is kicking your brother's ass at a fighting game that you could, in fact, kick their ass at said fighting game isn't all that aggressive. It's throwing down a gauntlet, sure, which he was dismissive of because of his shitty attitude ("She was nerdy looking and I thought it was going to be a breeze").

Had he been a little more mature, he would have taken his medicine with a little humility (considering his attitude beforehand), but instead had to leave because he wanted to slap the crap out of her (wtf?). Maybe I'm just a sucker for strong women, but -if she had been of an appropriate age- I probably would have found her talent and feistiness to be fucking hot.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By falserelic

I Apologize to all the female gamers on giantbomb that got abit offended over my post. I'm not a bad person I still got good left in me. I know I came across immature and I was wrong. Hell who doesn't get immature at times. Forgive me for my foolish behavior and false ways. I swear I can be a gentlemen I'll be the nice guy this time. I'll take you on a date if I could for forgiveness. I'm a mad man I'll tell you.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By haffy

Women are shit at games when compared to men. Don't really get why people are white knighting the shit out of him for supposedly being sexist.

Got some other knowledge bombs for you guys. Woman in general are worse at sports than men! Women in general are psychically weaker than men! Woman in general are shorter than men!

Crazy. Here I was reading this thread thinking both genders were identical. Than I found out through the power of the internet they have different genitals! Guys wait. Not only that, they have different body structure, brain structure and I even heard they don't grow facial hair. Crazy!

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By Bigheart711

I have been defeated by female gamers before, but they all were very sportsmanlike just like the dudes I played with, unlike some of the cases I've seen in this thread (looks like things are taken a bit too seriously with the subject, so some of you oughta cool it down before this gets locked).

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By falserelic

@Bigheart711 said:

I have been defeated by female gamers before, but they all were very sportsmanlike just like the dudes I played with, unlike some of the cases I've seen in this thread (looks like things are taken a bit too seriously with the subject, so some of you oughta cool it down before this gets locked).

I wouldn't be surprise if it gets locked. Alot these guys make it seem like I should burn in hell, and drink blood with Satan.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TruthTellah

@falserelic: To be fair, you should probably be -asking- for this thread to be locked, as it's an embarrassment for you, but you still don't seem to understand.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TruthTellah

@haffy: Wait, women in general are "psychically weaker" than men?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By falserelic

@TruthTellah said:

@falserelic: To be fair, you should probably be -asking- for this thread to be locked, as it's an embarrassment for you, but you still don't seem to understand.

To me this is nothing. Its going to get locked anyway. So people can post any comment they like. In the end I really don't give a fuck about what they say. I don't give a shit about them and I'm sure they feel the same.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mikey87144

I was playing on a MVC2 machine in a movie lobby. My friends and I were going back and forth with me mostly winning. This girl shows up, demands a match, and completely destroys me. Closest I've ever come to being perfected in that game. I was determined to beat her though and I kept looking out for her. Never did beat her but she helped me become a much better player.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TruthTellah

@falserelic said:

@TruthTellah said:

To me this is nothing. Its going to get locked anyway. So people can post any comment they like. In the end I really don't give a fuck about what they say. I don't give a shit about them and I'm sure they feel the same.

Well, for me, that isn't how I feel. I wouldn't have commented and tried to explain the issue if I didn't give a shit about you. You're a fellow human being and a duder around here; so of course I give a shit. I have been genuinely interested in explaining to you what bothered people and inspired this response. You seemed to understand it at first when you acknowledged that it was stupid, but then you got defensive. I have been trying to explain to you so that you can avoid this problem in the future.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#50  Edited By fox01313

Well all kinds of people play video games so no surprise here.