Have you ever witnessed the death of a podcast?

• 178 results
SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By SonicFire

Yeah, Joystiq went HORRIBLE within one week, and then the Hotspot was done the second Vinny left

tripmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By tripmills
@Bobafeet said:
GFW/CGW Radio was, and will always remain my favorite.
Same.  I miss it dearly.   
Falk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#153  Edited By Falk

Anyone else miss AGI (All Games Interactive)? Scot Rubin, Mayor Young and Arena Ron... ah the memories. The Mr Awesome vs Twin Galaxies stuff is classic.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Animasta said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@Nation764 said:

@JustKamToo said:

Giant Bomb April 2011 RIP

I agree with this. It's too bad.

What's significant about this, or is there a joke I'm missing?

Patrick, I think

You know I was going to totally guess that.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@kishinfoulux

@Animasta said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@Nation764 said:

@JustKamToo said:

Giant Bomb April 2011 RIP

I agree with this. It's too bad.

What's significant about this, or is there a joke I'm missing?

Patrick, I think

You know I was going to totally guess that.

People are still angry that Patrick got the job and they didn't, or some pathetic bullshit like that.
kadayi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#156  Edited By kadayi

@CrunchbiteJr said:

RIP The Brodeo.

This. Also The best Hero of the web ever (Halo 3): -

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Joeyoe31

TalkRadar ending was pretty sad. Though the guys from TalkRadar do a new podcast called Lasertime. It's basically TalkRadar except they have free reign to talk about whatever they want rather then it being about video games all the time.

EDIT: Just realized that NooBTooB hadn't uploaded a podcast in a LONG time. Guess they're dead too...

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By notdavid

Anarchy X was flawed as fuck, but it was ridiculously interesting to hear about the personal lives of these two struggling screenwriters and their batshit insane conspiracy theories. I only agreed with about 40% of what they were proselytizing for the five years or so they were podcasting, but the journey was epic and the hosts were incredibly human.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By zeforgotten

I remember when the Bombcast died. 
Well, at least it was about to die according to all the little kids going "WAAAH WAAAH WAAAH" back in the Whiskey Media days when they set up the whole subscribtion thing. 

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#160  Edited By sjschmidt93

1UP Yours, Listen UP, 1UP FM, etc.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I heard that when a podcast dies it shits itself in front of everyone. I fear the day when the Bombcast takes its last breath only because of this fact.

deano546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#162  Edited By deano546

Diggnation and Sarcastic gamer, although I think a lot of the sarcastic gamer guys are back together at a different site now. (They made that Microsoft Surface parody video, remember them!?)

crunchbitejr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#163  Edited By crunchbitejr

@Kadayi said:

@CrunchbiteJr said:

RIP The Brodeo.

This. Also The best Hero of the web ever (Halo 3): -

My favourite hero of the web is one I now can't bloody find. Involved some guy who said he was in love with Marin from Links Awakening and that he wanted to start a quest to go to Japan and find the "real Marin".

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#164  Edited By dichemstys

@BiffMcBlumpkin said:

I heard that when a podcast dies it shits itself in front of everyone. I fear the day when the Bombcast takes its last breath only because of this fact.

Oh God it totally has to end sometime! That's depressing.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#165  Edited By Fearbeard

I started listening to Talkradar right before it started it's slow fall. Was pretty interesting seeing it's slow demise.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By JZ

The joystick podcast

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#167  Edited By buft

Gamespots old format with Brendan Sinclair and subsequently Tom Magrino, After CBS let tom go the podcast had one more show to basically say this is the last, They have a new quiz show format now hosted by Kevin VanOrd and while its many of the same people I don't enjoy the format as much and they have a habit of having at least one guest appearing via Skype which ruins the flow of the podcast from time to time; to say nothing of the poor audio quality that comes from having a remote guest.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#168  Edited By super2j

@Phazon said:

TalkRadar had died a slow and painful death. That show was the fucking bomb, man. Well, not *the* bomb.

it was pretty amazing. Chris Antista really put in effort no other gamingcast did. In my mind it was always just as good as the bombcast. And two weeks ago, i finally got around to listening to an episode Brad was in. Where they interviewed Brad about GB and stuff. Chris mentioned how everyone on this site hated him and i was like "WHAT THE FUCK". No way.

Anyway, for the most part with Lazertime and cape crisis, the show still lives on. And i am loving that comic book cast they are doing.

p.s. u may ask why i listened to that? I heard brad was on an episode ( i showed up around ep80). and so i downloaded it forever ago. Two weeks ago I left my phone at home and so left all my current podcasts....i then noticed the episode.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By ottoman673

All games interactive. i liked listening to scot rubin, and they had some ridiculous shit on there. Miss that show... but their radio network still exists and is still pretty cool.

1up yours/1up show/CO-OP, miss those greatly as well. Weekend Confirmed is NOT the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Talkradar still is one of the best podcasts to ever be.

Chris Antistas interview of Shirley Phelps Roper is probably the single best piece of content ever put up on Gamesradar.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By ch3burashka

@Phazon said:

TalkRadar had died a slow and painful death. That show was the fucking bomb, man. Well, not *the* bomb.

It didn't die; it slowly fell apart, like your grandmother with Alzheimers - you see the end coming, but you try to ignore it.

Lasertime is the spiritual successor, but... it just isn't the same...

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#172  Edited By project343

@FluxWaveZ: You make me so sad. :(

The splitting up of all those great people still doesn't feel right with me.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#173  Edited By musubi

I was really sad that GameON! died such an early death. Brian and Veronica did a great job with the show sucks that Twit cut them off at the knees.

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

1UP Yours is solely responsible for getting me into podcasts and I hung in there as long as I could, through cast changes, name changes and all the other bullshit. It was supremely shitty to see 1UP get gutted and become so irrelevant.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By BlatantNinja23

A bunch of them... but GFW and Three Red Lights are the ones I'd get back if I could...... Though I like Rebel FM and GeekBox so at least something good came out of all the 1up stuff.

@Seroth: I basically just replaced Joystiq with Besties

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#176  Edited By WickedCobra03
  • 1up’s - 1upFM, 1upYours - I hate weekend confirmed as it is.
  • GFW Radio - After Shane jumped ship, that sucked, but it was still alright, but without Jeff Green there, it was hard to hold it together. That PC podcast that they had at 1UP after CGW/GFW disbanded wasn’t terrible, but not great either.
  • Bungiecast - They were pretty sporadic when the podcast was going, but then they just stopped after ODST basically and I don’t really know if many or any came out while they were working on Halo:Reach.
  • Joystiq - I guess it is still around, but it is pretty terrible after Chris, Justin and Luddy left.
  • Behind the Screened Door - Well that was an abrupt death when Whiskey Media disbanded
  • Three Red Lights - It wasn’t bad before it got all serious. I dunno, it was more funny than anything and I would have stuck it to microsoft too. Basically it kind of died with the old IGN crew leaving.
  • A Life Well Wasted - He just seemed to stop after like 6 or 7 episodes. I know they always took longer to put together, so we would get them like every 2-3 weeks, but then it turned into months between episodes before dying.
Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Mighty

1UP is my favorite podcast that has crashed and burned.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Mrsignerman44

The Big Bald Broadcast, I miss Kyle Hebert and Otherworld Steve :(

Also, while 4 player podcast is still going, I dislike it now because 2 of the original 4 players are rarely on there and they were replaced by a less than stellar cast. So to me, it died in a way.