Have you jailbroken you Ipod Touch/Iphone?

• 53 results
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

Topic ^^^

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Seedofpower

No, I don't own expansive crap for my pockets.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

Yes, my Ipod Touch, only did it though because I wanted new icons and stuff.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wolverine

No because  I love Apple and I want to use the device as it was intended but my cousin has and it seems like jail breaking it is a pain in the ass because every time a new update comes out you have to jump threw hoops to get your phone to work. Plus I just don't feel comfortable hacking my phone, what happens if some weird guy is listening to my conversations or reading my texts.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@Wolverine said:
"I love Apple"
You love a company who sells their products for high prices because people are stupid enough to pay for it?
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By asurastrike

No

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Absurd
@Benjaminvdv said:
" @Wolverine said:
"I love Apple"
You love a company who sells their products for high prices because people are stupid enough to pay for it? "
Yes.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By crusader8463

no i don't buy apple stuff, or phones. When you don't have a job that requires constant contact with you or friends to talk to there isn't much use in a phone. Plus i never leave my house so if i want to listen to music i turn on my PC.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By NickM
@Benjaminvdv said:
" @Wolverine said:
"I love Apple"
You love a company who sells their products for high prices because people are stupid enough to pay for it? "
No, he loves them because they sell the product he likes, and he is able to afford it.
_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By _Phara0h_

Yes, but I still bought the GiantBomb App cause I wanted to support them...

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yukoei
@THAfara0:@THAfara0 said:
" Yes, but I still bought the GiantBomb App cause I wanted to support them... "
Same here.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I jailbroke my iPod Touch (2nd Gen) a few months ago, but then something about it shit the bed, I can't remember what it was exactly. In the end I had to reset it to factory settings, and besides being able to download movies straight to your iPod I didn't really have much use for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I lost my iPod, I'll have to get another one in the future sometime.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Gmanall

Yes, I have. Jailbraking is very easy and is overall better then the factory settings.  

obiwan1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By obiwan1337

I jailbroke my 3G and changed the background and enabled tethering.  I think the only useful thing was the tethering though, and then my phone got f'd up so i had to restore to factory settings.  It's worth trying though, lots of cool features and the winterboard allows you to have some cool customizations.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#16  Edited By EnchantedEcho

Yeah, my iPod touch.
It's great, amazing how many good things that random people have made for Jailbroken iPod Touch/ iPhone's, lot's of the rejected applications (Ala' Google Voice) are obtainable with a Jailbroken device.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArchScabby

no my Iphone isn't a jailbroken.  Just because I'm not so into it to spend that much time doing it, and getting jailbroken stuff for it.  Also I don't want to steal the regular apps either.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@NickM said:

" @Benjaminvdv said:

" @Wolverine said:
"I love Apple"
No, he loves them because they sell the product he likes, and he is able to afford it. "
So you like their product so you love their company even though they are overpricing their products? That really makes no sense at all. Did you go to school or were you just brainwashed by big corporates?
Personally I like Windows, it's easy to use, if you keep it clean then it works well and lets face it, as a gamer it's superior to Linux, I also like the Xbox 360 and Windows Mobile 6.1, does that mean I love Microsoft? Absolutely not, they know they got a monopoly on Windows and the abuse that position by asking pretty much as much as they want. Sounds kinda like Apple now doesn't it? They know you suckers keep paying massive amounts for products that should be half it's price and thus they will ask huge amounts for it.
I like the iPhone, it looks good, it's a clean phone, works well, but the price is insane, and yes I can afford it, my Xperia X1 costs just as much, difference is ofcourse that it's hardware is superior to that of the iPhone, and not just a bit either, I mean the resolution alone is 2,5 times as high.
Fact is that most of Apple's products are very likeable, the prices just aren't, this company keeps asking huge amounts for them.

If a guy comes running upto you with banana's, which you absolutely love, but he wants 10 euro/dollar or whatever for it, do you love the guy for selling it to you, or do you think he's a asshole because you want that banana so bad and he's abusing his position to rip you off? Well it's the same thing, just with a different fruit.

Now it's time for the Simpsons.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NickM
@Benjaminvdv said:
" @NickM said:

" @Benjaminvdv said:

" @Wolverine said:
"I love Apple"
No, he loves them because they sell the product he likes, and he is able to afford it. "
So you like their product so you love their company even though they are overpricing their products? That really makes no sense at all. Did you go to school or were you just brainwashed by big corporates?
Personally I like Windows, it's easy to use, if you keep it clean then it works well and lets face it, as a gamer it's superior to Linux, I also like the Xbox 360 and Windows Mobile 6.1, does that mean I love Microsoft? Absolutely not, they know they got a monopoly on Windows and the abuse that position by asking pretty much as much as they want. Sounds kinda like Apple now doesn't it? They know you suckers keep paying massive amounts for products that should be half it's price and thus they will ask huge amounts for it.
I like the iPhone, it looks good, it's a clean phone, works well, but the price is insane, and yes I can afford it, my Xperia X1 costs just as much, difference is ofcourse that it's hardware is superior to that of the iPhone, and not just a bit either, I mean the resolution alone is 2,5 times as high.
Fact is that most of Apple's products are very likeable, the prices just aren't, this company keeps asking huge amounts for them.

If a guy comes running upto you with banana's, which you absolutely love, but he wants 10 euro/dollar or whatever for it, do you love the guy for selling it to you, or do you think he's a asshole because you want that banana so bad and he's abusing his position to rip you off? Well it's the same thing, just with a different fruit.

"
Well, first of all there was no need too break it down, as if you are schooling kindergardeners.  And, to answer your question, yes, if the seller sells bananas, that, in my opinion taste better than bananas I can get elsewhere, I will buy them even if they are very pricey, and will love the seller (well, "like" would be a better word) since his product makes me happy. 

I do have an iPhone, and I am aware of the Xperia tech specs. So? Do they change the fact that I like the iPhone design and OS more? No. Do they change the fact that The App Store offers more and better content than its rivals? Nope. To me those point alone make the iPhone a great buy, even if the specs are not the best.

I don't like Apple products because I'm a fanboy. I buy them because I think they are worth the money. For example, after having every Sony console, I've had no trouble telling them to go fuck themselves, since I thought the Xbox 360 was a better buy (which by the way, is technically inferior to the PS3, much like iPhone and Xperia) than the PS3. Similarly, I will have no problem saying the same thing to Apple, if I like Microsoft's next OS more, and won't like the design of the new Mac. But for now, Apple has not let me down, and I like the company for that.

By the way, if you have went to school, you should know better than to bitch about how big corporations are evil. Why won't you go hug a tree while you are at it?
Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lashe

I don't mind Apple, they have some great aesthetics to their products and I'm a sucker for something shiny. 

However, I have yet to purchase any of their products other than an iPhone -- great piece of kit and I got it at a damn good price (around $90, or £60 off a very stupid friend). 

And yeah, it's jailbroken. My Giantbomb app is legit though ;)

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By flaminghobo

Nope, I don't need to.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@NickM said:

Well, first of all there was no need too break it down, as if you are schooling kindergardeners.  And, to answer your question, yes, if the seller sells bananas, that, in my opinion taste better than bananas I can get elsewhere, I will buy them even if they are very pricey, and will love the seller (well, "like" would be a better word) since his product makes me happy.  I do have an iPhone, and I am aware of the Xperia tech specs. So? Do they change the fact that I like the iPhone design and OS more? No. Do they change the fact that The App Store offers more and better content than its rivals? Nope. To me those point alone make the iPhone a great buy, even if the specs are not the best. I don't like Apple products because I'm a fanboy. I buy them because I think they are worth the money. For example, after having every Sony console, I've had no trouble telling them to go fuck themselves, since I thought the Xbox 360 was a better buy (which by the way, is technically inferior to the PS3, much like iPhone and Xperia) than the PS3. Similarly, I will have no problem saying the same thing to Apple, if I like Microsoft's next OS more, and won't like the design of the new Mac. But for now, Apple has not let me down, and I like the company for that.By the way, if you have went to school, you should know better than to bitch about how big corporations are evil. Why won't you go hug a tree while you are at it? "

I'm not trying to school kindergardeners, you see, they would already understand this...
I'm fine if you think the iPhone is worth it, this is not about the iPhone, the iPod or their PC's, this is about Apple abusing the fact that people will buy it no matter what price.  

I got a Wii, the Wii is a piece of shit, they released it with absolute crap inside and doesn't even support 720p, the hardware is just terrible, it's old and if they spend some more on the console then it would have been a lot better, so why did I buy a Wii? Well because I wanted to play certain games, Nintendo knows this, they know that people will buy it no matter how much it costs, so why would they bother with a lower price or better hardware? 
When the 360 and PS3 was released they were losing money on every console sold, both machines pushed the limits of the current hardware at the time to make great machines (to add, the 360 is not inferior to the PS3, don't make me discuss this, you are already a Apple fanboy, don't be 1 of these idiotic Sony fanboys aswell that doesn't understand shit about their respective hardware), when you bought 1 of these consoles you got your moneys worth, now can they make a profit on it? Ofcourse they can, but they should offer you a fair product for a fair price, and this is why I really dislike Nintendo, they made a lot of profit on the Wii from day 1, if they had reduced the profit (but still made a profit unlike MS and Sony), then they could have made a better console, it would have supported 720, it would have more power allowing a wider range of games on it etc etc, but no, Nintendo had to make a bigger profit.

Companies make profit, they need to make a profit and they should, and well they can ask whatever they want, but anyone who loves a company that does that is just out of his/her mind, how can you love a company that asks so much more in comparison to other similar products? 

If you like those expensive banana's then that's fine, but when you love the guy for selling them to you, even though he is completely ripping you off and laughing in your face while doing so, then you are just a fucking idiot. It doesn't mean you should stop buying it, because you are buying it for yourself, because you think it's worth it, but don't love the seller for it. I truly dislike Nintendo, they annoy the hell out of me, especially since they refuse to drop the price of the Wii even though they are making a huge profit on it, but that doesn't mean I think people should stop buying it, just don't say you love Nintendo, because they are raping of your money.
NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NickM
@Benjaminvdv said:

" @NickM said:

Well, first of all there was no need too break it down, as if you are schooling kindergardeners.  And, to answer your question, yes, if the seller sells bananas, that, in my opinion taste better than bananas I can get elsewhere, I will buy them even if they are very pricey, and will love the seller (well, "like" would be a better word) since his product makes me happy.  I do have an iPhone, and I am aware of the Xperia tech specs. So? Do they change the fact that I like the iPhone design and OS more? No. Do they change the fact that The App Store offers more and better content than its rivals? Nope. To me those point alone make the iPhone a great buy, even if the specs are not the best. I don't like Apple products because I'm a fanboy. I buy them because I think they are worth the money. For example, after having every Sony console, I've had no trouble telling them to go fuck themselves, since I thought the Xbox 360 was a better buy (which by the way, is technically inferior to the PS3, much like iPhone and Xperia) than the PS3. Similarly, I will have no problem saying the same thing to Apple, if I like Microsoft's next OS more, and won't like the design of the new Mac. But for now, Apple has not let me down, and I like the company for that.By the way, if you have went to school, you should know better than to bitch about how big corporations are evil. Why won't you go hug a tree while you are at it? "

I'm not trying to school kindergardeners, you see, they would already understand this... I'm fine if you think the iPhone is worth it, this is not about the iPhone, the iPod or their PC's, this is about Apple abusing the fact that people will buy it no matter what price.   I got a Wii, the Wii is a piece of shit, they released it with absolute crap inside and doesn't even support 720p, the hardware is just terrible, it's old and if they spend some more on the console then it would have been a lot better, so why did I buy a Wii? Well because I wanted to play certain games, Nintendo knows this, they know that people will buy it no matter how much it costs, so why would they bother with a lower price or better hardware?  When the 360 and PS3 was released they were losing money on every console sold, both machines pushed the limits of the current hardware at the time to make great machines (to add, the 360 is not inferior to the PS3, don't make me discuss this, you are already a Apple fanboy, don't be 1 of these idiotic Sony fanboys aswell that doesn't understand shit about their respective hardware), when you bought 1 of these consoles you got your moneys worth, now can they make a profit on it? Ofcourse they can, but they should offer you a fair product for a fair price, and this is why I really dislike Nintendo, they made a lot of profit on the Wii from day 1, if they had reduced the profit (but still made a profit unlike MS and Sony), then they could have made a better console, it would have supported 720, it would have more power allowing a wider range of games on it etc etc, but no, Nintendo had to make a bigger profit.  Companies make profit, they need to make a profit and they should, and well they can ask whatever they want, but anyone who loves a company that does that is just out of his/her mind, how can you love a company that asks so much more in comparison to other similar products?   If you like those expensive banana's then that's fine, but when you love the guy for selling them to you, even though he is completely ripping you off and laughing in your face while doing so, then you are just a fucking idiot. It doesn't mean you should stop buying it, because you are buying it for yourself, because you think it's worth it, but don't love the seller for it. I truly dislike Nintendo, they annoy the hell out of me, especially since they refuse to drop the price of the Wii even though they are making a huge profit on it, but that doesn't mean I think people should stop buying it, just don't say you love Nintendo, because they are raping of your money. "
First off all, why won't you go and fuck yourself, jerk? There was no need to start using names. Second off all, while I love Apple products, I'm not a "fanboy". I thought I made that pretty clear. When Steve Jobs says "Jump!", I say "fuck off".  And, how the hell am I a Sony fanboy now? I wrote that I bought a 360 instead of a PS3, in case you missed that part. While, true, I don't really look at console specs (because I have better things to do), I can say, that there are some PS3 games that look better than any 360 game, most evidently, Killzone 2 (cliche, I know, but still, stunning). Plus, a lot of 3rd party developers claim that the PS3 is the more powerful console, even if it is crap to develop for. Plus, the Blu-Ray player helps, and at the time the 360 did not have an HDMI port. That's why I said the PS3 is superior (tech and feature-wise, otherwise I think 360 is the better console), so, please, no need for a boring spreadsheet battle. Also, don't bring up the Xperia vs iPhone argument, if you are only going to dismiss it minutes later.

I have the right to like anything, anyone for any reason. If its because they make the product I like, so be it. Following your logic, I should hate everything, that isn't in a perfectly competitive market (in which no supernormal profit can be made, in case you did not follow on your economics), which is pretty much just small operations like cabbage sales. Just about everything else which is a part of a monopolistic, oligopolistic competitions or a monopoly (essentially everything with a brand), see themselves charge more for a product than it costs to produce them, and thus make supernormal profits. A pizza from Pizza Hut, is probably as much of a rip off as an iPhone, if not bigger, considering the price of ingredients/parts and the percent of profits. If you want to live with the mentality, that everyone is raping you for every penny, feel free to do so.

To, conclude, no one is saying they love Apple, the company, or its board of directors, who are supposedly laughing at them. If you think that that is the case, then that's just stupid, I'm sorry to say. What they love is what that Apple logo and brand symbolizes and how it resonates with their tastes and needs. It's much like someone saying, that they love Mercedes for example. Also, while on the subject of Mercedes... It cost a ton, and you could've bought a cheaper, faster Honda, but it just won't make you as happy, now won't it? So what are you going to do in this situation? Are you going to ride the car, loving Mercedes as a brand that gave you this amazing car? Or, are you going to ride it, pissed off and cursing Daimler AG for charging so much? If you choose the second one, then you must have a pretty pitiful life, I must say.

I don't think that people are stupid for loving Apple stuff or buying it at high prices, Apple is just smart enough to make stuff that warrants them. 
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24  Edited By RHCPfan24

No, I have not. I don't think I need another reason to waste my time on my iPhone. I use it enough.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By JJWeatherman

I have not, but I would like to on account of me having T-Mobile and wanting an iphone at the same time.

Yit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By Yit

I have. I jailbroke my 3GS. It's simply awesome.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@NickM said:
First off all, why won't you go and fuck yourself, jerk? There was no need to start using names. Second off all, while I love Apple products, I'm not a "fanboy". I thought I made that pretty clear. When Steve Jobs says "Jump!", I say "fuck off".  And, how the hell am I a Sony fanboy now? I wrote that I bought a 360 instead of a PS3, in case you missed that part. While, true, I don't really look at console specs (because I have better things to do), I can say, that there are some PS3 games that look better than any 360 game, most evidently, Killzone 2 (cliche, I know, but still, stunning). Plus, a lot of 3rd party developers claim that the PS3 is the more powerful console, even if it is crap to develop for. Plus, the Blu-Ray player helps, and at the time the 360 did not have an HDMI port. That's why I said the PS3 is superior (tech and feature-wise, otherwise I think 360 is the better console), so, please, no need for a boring spreadsheet battle. Also, don't bring up the Xperia vs iPhone argument, if you are only going to dismiss it minutes later. I have the right to like anything, anyone for any reason. If its because they make the product I like, so be it. Following your logic, I should hate everything, that isn't in a perfectly competitive market (in which no supernormal profit can be made, in case you did not follow on your economics), which is pretty much just small operations like cabbage sales. Just about everything else which is a part of a monopolistic, oligopolistic competitions or a monopoly (essentially everything with a brand), see themselves charge more for a product than it costs to produce them, and thus make supernormal profits. A pizza from Pizza Hut, is probably as much of a rip off as an iPhone, if not bigger, considering the price of ingredients/parts and the percent of profits. If you want to live with the mentality, that everyone is raping you for every penny, feel free to do so. To, conclude, no one is saying they love Apple, the company, or its board of directors, who are supposedly laughing at them. If you think that that is the case, then that's just stupid, I'm sorry to say. What they love is what that Apple logo and brand symbolizes and how it resonates with their tastes and needs. It's much like someone saying, that they love Mercedes for example. Also, while on the subject of Mercedes... It cost a ton, and you could've bought a cheaper, faster Honda, but it just won't make you as happy, now won't it? So what are you going to do in this situation? Are you going to ride the car, loving Mercedes as a brand that gave you this amazing car? Or, are you going to ride it, pissed off and cursing Daimler AG for charging so much? If you choose the second one, then you must have a pretty pitiful life, I must say.  I don't think that people are stupid for loving Apple stuff or buying it at high prices, Apple is just smart enough to make stuff that warrants them.  "
First of all I said if you loved the guy for ripping you off then you are a fucking idiot, earlier you claimed you wouldn't love that guy, so do you love the guy or not? My argument was not so much aimed as you as to anyone who loves Apple.
Second you are a fanboy, you think all fanboys have written "fanboy" with permanent marker on their forehead? You defend their high prices to the extend that it's no longer a rational view on the company/products, but a biased view, seeing you defense of this ripping off makes you a Apple fanboy. To clear up, a regular iPhone user would be impartial towards Apple, they would see the high prices and how Apple would do things, but they would also argue that the phone is worth the money, you on the other hand go much futher in defending it and claim to love Apple for it. Please tell me how you are not a fanboy then, and no, stating you're not is not sufficient, most fanboys claim they're not.
As for you being a Sony fanboy, it is again the ignorance you show here, I really don't care if you got a 360 or not, again it's about having a impartial view, you claim the 360 is "technically inferior" even though this is complete bogus, the 360 is both weaker and stronger at points, I can name several points from the top of my head why the 360 is superior to the PS3 and the other way around. I expect people on a site like this to know these things, anyone who states otherwise is obviously not impartial and that can only be because they are fans, and since you just claimed again that it's tech and features is superior just shows you're a fanboy. Here is some homework for you, the GPU's, support of previous gen games, the memory and drive reading speed, those are just a few, but there are more. Ofcourse unlike you I can also mention the PS3's perks, but since you mentioned those I will leave those out.

I will bring up the Xperia vs iPhone argument, it's a valid one, to love a company you have to ask yourself why do you love a company? Now personally I don't love companies at all, but if I were to love a company then I would look for one that is fair, that is trying to offer you a good product for a low price. Now if SE makes a phone that costs the same as Apple's iPhone, yet it costs a lot more to develop, then SE gives me more for my money, this doesn't mean you should just buy it, but it does mean that SE tried harder to sell it to you for a decent price, whereas Apple didn't. And what is a company exactly? It's a business filled with people who get paid money for their work, now the regular people won't get paid more due to higher profits, it's the boys upstairs, while they are getting 6/7 figure salaries, you are paying easily a extra 200 on your product, and you love them for it? Love the product, not the company.
And no, you don't need to hate everything, or anything for that matter, I don't hate Apple, I dislike them though. 
Btw do you truly think that if Apple lowered the price that they wouldn't make shitloads of cash on you anymore? If SE can make a more expensive phone for the same price, then why would Apple go down under if they lowered the price?

Yes Pizzahut is ripping you off, they can offer it for less, again this doesn't mean you should stop buying their pizza's, it just means you shouldn't love a company that rips you off.

Seriously, you keep argueing the buying of the product, I'm fine with buying the product, everyone buys things that they get ripped off on, it's how it works, that's business, what my point is that again, YOU SHOULD NOT LOVE A COMPANY FOR RIPPING YOU OFF!! Love the product, not the company, unless actually do their best to give the consumer a fair deal.

Now start reading my point or stop your useless argument, you are argueing something that is not even up for discussion.
ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ahriman22

Ewie.

NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NickM
@Benjaminvdv said:

First of all I said if you loved the guy for ripping you off then you are a fucking idiot, earlier you claimed you wouldn't love that guy, so do you love the guy or not? My argument was not so much aimed as you as to anyone who loves Apple. Second you are a fanboy, you think all fanboys have written "fanboy" with permanent marker on their forehead? You defend their high prices to the extend that it's no longer a rational view on the company/products, but a biased view, seeing you defense of this ripping off makes you a Apple fanboy. To clear up, a regular iPhone user would be impartial towards Apple, they would see the high prices and how Apple would do things, but they would also argue that the phone is worth the money, you on the other hand go much futher in defending it and claim to love Apple for it. Please tell me how you are not a fanboy then, and no, stating you're not is not sufficient, most fanboys claim they're not. As for you being a Sony fanboy, it is again the ignorance you show here, I really don't care if you got a 360 or not, again it's about having a impartial view, you claim the 360 is "technically inferior" even though this is complete bogus, the 360 is both weaker and stronger at points, I can name several points from the top of my head why the 360 is superior to the PS3 and the other way around. I expect people on a site like this to know these things, anyone who states otherwise is obviously not impartial and that can only be because they are fans, and since you just claimed again that it's tech and features is superior just shows you're a fanboy. Here is some homework for you, the GPU's, support of previous gen games, the memory and drive reading speed, those are just a few, but there are more. Ofcourse unlike you I can also mention the PS3's perks, but since you mentioned those I will leave those out.  I will bring up the Xperia vs iPhone argument, it's a valid one, to love a company you have to ask yourself why do you love a company? Now personally I don't love companies at all, but if I were to love a company then I would look for one that is fair, that is trying to offer you a good product for a low price. Now if SE makes a phone that costs the same as Apple's iPhone, yet it costs a lot more to develop, then SE gives me more for my money, this doesn't mean you should just buy it, but it does mean that SE tried harder to sell it to you for a decent price, whereas Apple didn't. And what is a company exactly? It's a business filled with people who get paid money for their work, now the regular people won't get paid more due to higher profits, it's the boys upstairs, while they are getting 6/7 figure salaries, you are paying easily a extra 200 on your product, and you love them for it? Love the product, not the company. And no, you don't need to hate everything, or anything for that matter, I don't hate Apple, I dislike them though.  Btw do you truly think that if Apple lowered the price that they wouldn't make shitloads of cash on you anymore? If SE can make a more expensive phone for the same price, then why would Apple go down under if they lowered the price?  Yes Pizzahut is ripping you off, they can offer it for less, again this doesn't mean you should stop buying their pizza's, it just means you shouldn't love a company that rips you off.  Seriously, you keep argueing the buying of the product, I'm fine with buying the product, everyone buys things that they get ripped off on, it's how it works, that's business, what my point is that again, YOU SHOULD NOT LOVE A COMPANY FOR RIPPING YOU OFF!! Love the product, not the company, unless actually do their best to give the consumer a fair deal.   Now start reading my point or stop your useless argument, you are argueing something that is not even up for discussion. "
I did read your posts (even though I shouldn't have) and I think I have told you why people say they love a specific company product. Your claim is even less empirical than mine. You have no right to tell anyone otherwise, and you are not a nice person insulting them.

You should stop twisting and turning the words I've used. I specifically told you why I said that the PS3 is more powerful, yet you still cry fanboy, even though this argument was never about fanboyism, and I have given no basis for anyone to think so, except for a man desperately wanting to. I know all of the points you were trying to make, but what does it have to do with what I've said. That's right, kiddo, nothing. Some Sony fanboy I am, saying that the 360 is a better console and all, right?  Mind blowing...

I'll say it again. No one loves a company for ripping them off. I have never said that. But, they can love it for their products. I thought I made that abundantly clear. I'll say use another example yet again, you know in case you are mentally ill or something. Back to Pizza Hut. Imagine a man, who has just had a delicious Pizza Hut pizza. He says: I love Pizza Hut! What he means, is that he loves what the brand offers him, in terms of product in service. He doesn't mean to say that he loves it as a corporation. If you confuse those two, well, then I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do to help you. Basically, it comes to this: HE DOES NOT LOVE THE COMPANY ITSELF, AS A BUSINESS ENTITY, YET HE LOVES THE BRAND. There, clear as the sky. Everyone says it, and that is what they mean. This is what I've always been saying, in case you didn't get it the first, second, or third time.

And, by the way, sure, whatever. I am an Apple fanboy, why not? They have again and again offered me the product I love, so why shouldn't I be? I have said I'm not a fanboy, because, by my definition, fanboyism is an extreme. What believe to be an Apple fanboy, is someone who speaks poorly of Apple's competitors, and will follow the company to the grave. I'm willing to do neither, since I think Windows is a competent system, and would have no problem switching if Apple fucks up (like I did when I didn't like Vista). 

I have nothing more to say to you, and you have not yet said anything informative or interesting.

This discussion is over.

Good night, and Have Fun at Dinner. 
warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By warxsnake
_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By _Phara0h_

What happened to this threat? I thought this was a simple question.... 

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@NickM said:

I did read your posts (even though I shouldn't have) and I think I have told you why people say they love a specific company product. Your claim is even less empirical than mine. You have no right to tell anyone otherwise, and you are not a nice person insulting them.

You should stop twisting and turning the words I've used. I specifically told you why I said that the PS3 is more powerful, yet you still cry fanboy, even though this argument was never about fanboyism, and I have given no basis for anyone to think so, except for a man desperately wanting to. I know all of the points you were trying to make, but what does it have to do with what I've said. That's right, kiddo, nothing. Some Sony fanboy I am, saying that the 360 is a better console and all, right?  Mind blowing...

I'll say it again. No one loves a company for ripping them off. I have never said that. But, they can love it for their products. I thought I made that abundantly clear. I'll say use another example yet again, you know in case you are mentally ill or something. Back to Pizza Hut. Imagine a man, who has just had a delicious Pizza Hut pizza. He says: I love Pizza Hut! What he means, is that he loves what the brand offers him, in terms of product in service. He doesn't mean to say that he loves it as a corporation. If you confuse those two, well, then I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do to help you. Basically, it comes to this: HE DOES NOT LOVE THE COMPANY ITSELF, AS A BUSINESS ENTITY, YET HE LOVES THE BRAND. There, clear as the sky. Everyone says it, and that is what they mean. This is what I've always been saying, in case you didn't get it the first, second, or third time. And, by the way, sure, whatever. I am an Apple fanboy, why not? They have again and again offered me the product I love, so why shouldn't I be? I have said I'm not a fanboy, because, by my definition, fanboyism is an extreme. What believe to be an Apple fanboy, is someone who speaks poorly of Apple's competitors, and will follow the company to the grave. I'm willing to do neither, since I think Windows is a competent system, and would have no problem switching if Apple fucks up (like I did when I didn't like Vista).  I have nothing more to say to you, and you have not yet said anything informative or interesting. This discussion is over. Good night, and Have Fun at Dinner.  "

Again you keep twisting my words, you are again talking about a company product, I'm talking about the company period. The person I aimed at with my first comment was towards a user who won't do this with his phone because he loves Apple too much, this isn't about the iPhone, this about him loving the company who overprices the iPhone. Seriously, start reading, it ain't that hard.

Now as for the PS3, I'm calling you a fanboy because you said now twice that the 360 is inferior in both specs and features, even though it's memory and gpu is without a doubt superior, you can't even argue that one as they are simply facts, if these are facts, then you can't call the 360 inferior in specs. Now when a person keeps insisting that the PS3 has superior specs then I call them a fanboy because they ignore the obvious facts and replace them with illusions in their own head, whether you own a PS3 or 360 or not, simply doesn't matter, there are many reasons not to buy a PS3 even though you think the console is better, and you went to the extend to lie to yourself to believe the PS3 has better hardware.

"Everyone says it, and that is what they mean."

In that case I would agree, but it was about this quote: "No because  I love Apple and I want to use the device as it was intended"
Does that sound like something someone would just say? Because that sounds like someone who worships Apple and doesn't want to do anything that Apple doesn't want you to do.

Rule number 1 when you start a discussion: Make sure you read the original post what it was all about before you start a stupid argument that you can't win.
This guy stated his love for Apple in a very obvious way, you either didn't read it properly or you simply don't understand the meaning behind words, either way though you've been discussing a point that you simply can't make.
NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NickM
@Benjaminvdv said:

" @NickM said:

I'll say it again. No one loves a company for ripping them off. I have never said that. But, they can love it for their products. I thought I made that abundantly clear. I'll say use another example yet again, you know in case you are mentally ill or something. Back to Pizza Hut. Imagine a man, who has just had a delicious Pizza Hut pizza. He says: I love Pizza Hut! What he means, is that he loves what the brand offers him, in terms of product in service. He doesn't mean to say that he loves it as a corporation. If you confuse those two, well, then I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do to help you. Basically, it comes to this: HE DOES NOT LOVE THE COMPANY ITSELF, AS A BUSINESS ENTITY, YET HE LOVES THE BRAND. There, clear as the sky. Everyone says it, and that is what they mean. This is what I've always been saying, in case you didn't get it the first, second, or third time. And, by the way, sure, whatever. I am an Apple fanboy, why not? They have again and again offered me the product I love, so why shouldn't I be? I have said I'm not a fanboy, because, by my definition, fanboyism is an extreme. What believe to be an Apple fanboy, is someone who speaks poorly of Apple's competitors, and will follow the company to the grave. I'm willing to do neither, since I think Windows is a competent system, and would have no problem switching if Apple fucks up (like I did when I didn't like Vista).  I have nothing more to say to you, and you have not yet said anything informative or interesting. This discussion is over. Good night, and Have Fun at Dinner.  "

Again you keep twisting my words, you are again talking about a company product, I'm talking about the company period. The person I aimed at with my first comment was towards a user who won't do this with his phone because he loves Apple too much, this isn't about the iPhone, this about him loving the company who overprices the iPhone. Seriously, start reading, it ain't that hard.  Now as for the PS3, I'm calling you a fanboy because you said now twice that the 360 is inferior in both specs and features, even though it's memory and gpu is without a doubt superior, you can't even argue that one as they are simply facts, if these are facts, then you can't call the 360 inferior in specs. Now when a person keeps insisting that the PS3 has superior specs then I call them a fanboy because they ignore the obvious facts and replace them with illusions in their own head, whether you own a PS3 or 360 or not, simply doesn't matter, there are many reasons not to buy a PS3 even though you think the console is better, and you went to the extend to lie to yourself to believe the PS3 has better hardware.   "Everyone says it, and that is what they mean."  In that case I would agree, but it was about this quote: "No because  I love Apple and I want to use the device as it was intended" Does that sound like something someone would just say? Because that sounds like someone who worships Apple and doesn't want to do anything that Apple doesn't want you to do.  Rule number 1 when you start a discussion: Make sure you read the original post what it was all about before you start a stupid argument that you can't win. This guy stated his love for Apple in a very obvious way, you either didn't read it properly or you simply don't understand the meaning behind words, either way though you've been discussing a point that you simply can't make. "
You shouldn't have bothered writing. Read last part of my last post. 

Good day.
Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@NickM: You could say I didn't write it for you since you obviously unable to understand the most simple things in life, I guess I'm just raising public awareness on you.
NickM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NickM
@Benjaminvdv said:
" @NickM: You could say I didn't write it for you since you obviously unable to understand the most simple things in life, I guess I'm just raising public awareness on you. "
Sure, tell me how that works out.
Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Crixaliz

Oh my... walls of text everywhere! I loved that Simpsons clip thou (is that the new season?)

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolverine
@Benjaminvdv said:
" @NickM said:

" @Benjaminvdv said:

" @Wolverine said:
"I love Apple"

"
Now your just being rude. I never attacked a company that you liked I only told you a company that I liked and you attacked me for it. I love Apple because they innovate unlike so many other technology companies. I also love there products because I feel they work very well and I feel that there customer service is excellent. Overall I've always enjoyed using Mac over PC. I don't care if Apple's products are more expensive, they make the products I like and I am going to buy and use those products, I'm not going to use Microsoft products to save a few hundred.
JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By JakJ
@RHCPfan24 said:
" No, I have not. I don't think I need another reason to waste my time on my iPhone. I use it enough. "
This. Thanks GB App (and others)!
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't own a ipod or any apple product. i still buy CD's so why buy a mp3 player.

Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Benjaminvdv
@Wolverine said:

Now your just being rude. I never attacked a company that you liked I only told you a company that I liked and you attacked me for it. I love Apple because they innovate unlike so many other technology companies. I also love there products because I feel they work very well and I feel that there customer service is excellent. Overall I've always enjoyed using Mac over PC. I don't care if Apple's products are more expensive, they make the products I like and I am going to buy and use those products, I'm not going to use Microsoft products to save a few hundred. "

You couldn't attack a company I like, I do not like companies, I have no reason to like them, I like products, but not the company itself.

But how is Apple innovative? They make MP3 players, Phones and computers. There MP3 players are innovative because they are white? They produce sound? They work on batteries? The iPhone is innovative because it uses touchscreen? It uses icons? You can call people with it? Do I really need to do one on the computers aswell?
There is nothing actually innovative about Apple, sure like every other company that make these things they come up with something "new", but it's nothing really impressive, Apple isn't changing the world, they are just selling their stuff.
nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nixium

I did a jailbreak for a friend of mine after she bought a US IPhone and brought it up to Canada. 

I had to kick her out of the room because she was so scared it was going to be broken.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By pirate_republic

Ugh, I hate Apple. I hate how they have this "cool" vibe about them, when in reality they're just as greedy as Microsoft.

rjimmy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By rjimmy1989

i'm scared to jailbreak my iphone :P

rjimmy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rjimmy1989

does anybody have a good tutorial for it?

OhdK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OhdK
@Benjaminvdv: dude, chill out man. No one actually has a hard-on for Apple, they were just saying that they enjoy the products Apple puts out. It's the buyer's choice whether to get Apple products or not, so why don't you just let them be?
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No, but only cause Im lazy

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By DanielJW

Whats the point of jailbreaking them? I never bothered because my iPod seems fine. I don't want to screw around with anything in it, haha.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CL60
@aproposshadows said:
" does anybody have a good tutorial for it? "
You can just download something and run it when you have your touch/phone plugged in and it will do it all for you.
KombatBabyyxO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KombatBabyyxO

You get what you pay for. You might have to deal with shitty ass iTunes for users who are more on the n00b side or actually like iTunes (fuck that noise), but other mp3 players break early on or offer less features. Zune was second on my list but I am a loyal Microsoft hater after mine broke on me. It broke from the new years bug, what a load of shit. They didn't offer anything as far as replacement or even just fixing it. If you did get it fixed it would cost as much as it would've to just buy a new one. I've NEVER had a problem with Apple, even after my warranty was up on my iPod a few years ago, it broke and they replaced it with a newer gen. That's some bomb ass customer service if you ask me and totally worth the money if they're willing to go out of the way like that.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SirPsychoSexy
@Benjaminvdv: You need to chill dude.