#1  Edited By Yukoei
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Yukoei

I have, its really good and since I got Ultimate all programs that dont support windows 7 I can use in XP mode. 

Windows Vista that is actually good FTW.
Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

No sir, I have not.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

Right now I'm using Vista Ultimate and I'm happy with it right now.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

Yep, got it a while ago and it's fine. I don't see why people hate on operating systems so much, they all work fine. Not that anyone here is hating, just a random thought I had.

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Wolverine

I've been running the RC for a few months now and like it. It isn't amazing or anything but it's a little better than Vista. I pre-ordered Windows 7 Home Edition from amazon for $50 a few months back when they were having a special and it should arrive in a few days.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ben_H

I'm in the same boat as Wolverine.  I have the RC and am waiting on my retail copy to come in.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Not yet, I am have my email for Windows 741 ready just in case but I will take a look at the following weeks to see any public reactions.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By eroticfishcake

Not yet. I'll be getting a copy of it when I get a new laptop soon.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By JoelTGM
@JJWeatherman said:
" Yep, got it a while ago and it's fine. I don't see why people hate on operating systems so much, they all work fine. Not that anyone here is hating, just a random thought I had. "
because Vista was so brutal on older computers or *cough* notebooks.  I had to suffer with Vista on my notebook, and when I put Windows 7 on it I was shocked that stuff loaded instantly and it didn't take much ram.  Vista was a downgrade from XP, that's the reason people are mad.
Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yukoei
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Yep, got it a while ago and it's fine. I don't see why people hate on operating systems so much, they all work fine. Not that anyone here is hating, just a random thought I had. "
because Vista was so brutal on older computers or *cough* notebooks.  I had to suffer with Vista on my notebook, and when I put Windows 7 on it I was shocked that stuff loaded instantly and it didn't take much ram.  Vista was a downgrade from XP, that's the reason people are mad. "
You sir deserve a cookie. Too bad a eated it.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JJWeatherman
@DOUBLESHOCK said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
because Vista was so brutal on older computers or *cough* notebooks.  I had to suffer with Vista on my notebook, and when I put Windows 7 on it I was shocked that stuff loaded instantly and it didn't take much ram.  Vista was a downgrade from XP, that's the reason people are mad. "
I suppose it was a downgrade performance wise, but UI wise it was a great step that was taken even further in 7. My laptop had Vista when I bought it and ran a well as I could ask. It was an expensive laptop with plenty of RAM and such though. I haven't experienced Vista on a lesser machine so I guess I just don't have a good point of reference.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By teh_destroyer
@JJWeatherman said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
I suppose it was a downgrade performance wise, but UI wise it was a great step that was taken even further in 7. My laptop had Vista when I bought it and ran a well as I could ask. It was an expensive laptop with plenty of RAM and such though. I haven't experienced Vista on a lesser machine so I guess I just don't have a good point of reference. "
Half the people that didn't like Vista probably didn't have a capable enough computer to run it. I have been using Vista on my desktop ever since I upgraded it, and I have no issues with it.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman
@teh_destroyer said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
I suppose it was a downgrade performance wise, but UI wise it was a great step that was taken even further in 7. My laptop had Vista when I bought it and ran a well as I could ask. It was an expensive laptop with plenty of RAM and such though. I haven't experienced Vista on a lesser machine so I guess I just don't have a good point of reference. "
Half the people that didn't like Vista probably didn't have a capable enough computer to run it. I have been using Vista on my desktop ever since I upgraded it, and I have no issues with it. "
That's kinda what I'm guessing. SP2 is out now too which is suppose to fix a lot of the issues people had originally. So overall, even though Vista had a rough start I don't think it was a bad operating system by any means.
xync4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By xync4

saw it at the store & remarked upon the fact that I didn't know it was out

Doubt I'll be upgrading unless I hear LOADS of positive feedbacks
it'll just come on my next PC if I get one

juice8367

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By juice8367

I sorta want to. Any reason to upgrade?

raegunz_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By raegunz_

neg. not gonna.

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fynne

I'll be upgrading when I finally buy a new PC.  I'm currently waiting for the new AMD 5000 series cards to be more available.

NitroQuick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NitroQuick

I wasn't going to but then i got ultimate 64bit for $19  from the campus software store and decided to go ahead, and i'm kinda happy i did upgrade runs a little faster and a little less annoying than vista.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pirate_republic

I'm using the RC.. I'll wait for a while to upgrade. It is an amazing OS though.

gazel_ministry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gazel_ministry

I installed it yesterday on my computer .   Task bar may take a little getting used to. Still pretty impressed.  Realtek network drivers came installed, which was nice. Haven't had a chance to go into the Media Center. A big change I noticed was opening folders/files moves a lot faster in Win7 than with Vista. Startup is really only a few seconds less than Vista. 

turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By turbo_toaster

Let's see, the upgrading process totaled my 2-year old computer. So....no?

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By teptom

Nope and I'm not sure if I will.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Black_Raven

I will soon but I don't think there's any rush.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ArchScabby

Unless I can find my proof of purchase for my laptop, because asus will send me a free copy if I do.  but if I can find my proof of purchase I guess I'll just stick with vista. It's no big deal really.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26  Edited By crusader8463

I want to but i have no monies to do it with.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't think i will. i never upgrade OS. i'm still running XP, i never upgrade. i think i'll continue to use this computer then once it is all slow i will buy a new computer. just like windows 98. i had windows 98 for the longest time.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RetroIce4

Nope. Not yet. I am waiting for Gateway to confirm my order from Malaysia. They will take a while to order. Kinda sucks.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By oldschool

The only questions I have is whether it is compatible with Mac Bootcamp and if so, is it really worth the cost to upgrade from XP when all I ever use Windows for is playing RTS games?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ben_H
@Gazel_Ministry said:
"    I installed it yesterday on my computer .   Task bar may take a little getting used to. Still pretty impressed.  Realtek network drivers came installed, which was nice. Haven't had a chance to go into the Media Center. A big change I noticed was opening folders/files moves a lot faster in Win7 than with Vista. Startup is really only a few seconds less than Vista.  "
If you don't like the big bar you can right click the taskbar, go to properties, check off small icons then select never combine from the taskbar buttons option list.  It will function just like Vista or any other Windows system.
kingkorn69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kingkorn69

I work at PcWorld and we launched it at midnight. There were over 200 people in line and it was crazy.  But for working that night I got a free full copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.  Will put it on my desktop later not in a hurry

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShadowSkill11

Yeah, I upgraded almost a year ago.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By AhmadMetallic

i'll stick to my vista til the next windows

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dbz1995
@Yukoei said:
" @DOUBLESHOCK said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
You sir deserve a cookie. Too bad a eated it. "
I understand the analogy. The cookie is representation of award of relisation; however you already had realised, thus 'eating the cookie'. I haven't upgraded to Windows 7, and I probably won't. XP is fine.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ninjakiller

You mean upgrade as in buy it and run it?  no

As far a upgrading and existing windows install never do it.  Back up everything that's important and do a fresh install.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By subject2change

Did it yesterday. I had no issues with Windows Vista but figured 7 was just an improved performance version. Installing WoW took longer than installing Win7.

Lemmingzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lemmingzx

XP is just too GOD DAMN GOOD

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By Griddler

No and I don't really plan to.

Nei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Nei

I will, once SP1 for Win7 will be out.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40  Edited By Karmum

I'm gonna have the RC until I get a new computer early next year. Probably around March, where the PC shuts down after 2 hours or so.

HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HayFourZee

whats the point xp works fine.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By OutOfBounds9000

No thank you,i use Mr.Vista ''Awesome'' Johnsson.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#43  Edited By damnboyadvance

No, I have not yet upgraded. Let me tell you a little story. My old computer ran Windows XP, and I kept it for at least 6 years. Until one day, it stopped working like it should of. Things froze, it was super laggy. So I bought a whole new computer. Right now to this very day, Windows Vista has worked fine for me. It can be annoying at times when it asks me for permission for every darn thing, but it works like it should.

I'm not going to upgrade to Windows 7 until I see a good reason why. No, I'm not stubborn. It's just that upgrading is expensive, and takes up a lot of time and patience as well. And I have not yet seen a decisive reason to get Windows 7 yet.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Al3xand3r

You changed the computer because the OS borked? Ever heard of  formatting? You don't need to change computer to get 7 and depending on your situation you could get it as little as $30 (for Students or whatever, maybe a friend can get it for you if you're not). As long as the new features interest you of course, which they clearly don't for now, I'm just saying it's not as hard, expensive or time consuming as you think.

I'm still on XP myself, will get 7 after the first SP if they appear to be more succesful than Vista by then.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GreggD

I'm currently using XP Professional, and have been for a year (I JUST got a decent gaming rig last September). At some point I'd like to build a new computer with the highest possible version of 7, even though as of right now, I've no idea what it may be.