HD Remakes

Avatar image for deactivated-64280fd4d64aa
deactivated-64280fd4d64aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Why are HD remakes so poor? Is it our ignorance or is it just bad porting?

Maybe we cling on to the fact that the game is better on its native console, than its modern counter part. Personally, I blame the companies who ported them. I am guessing they were never a fan begin with by the way they butchered it. Why not give it to someone who is a fan of the game instead of a shitty little company that no one has ever heard of.

I know some of the HD remakes are pretty good but was is it luck? Maybe they just ported it and added HD graphics. They had to do something other than that. Maybe they were fans and cherish the product.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are HD remakes so poor? Is it our ignorance or is it just bad porting?

Maybe we cling on to the fact that the game is better on its native console, than its modern counter part. Personally, I blame the companies who ported them. I am guessing they were never a fan begin with by the way they butchered it. Why not give it to someone who is a fan of the game instead of a shitty little company that no one has ever heard of.

I know some of the HD remakes are pretty good but was is it luck? Maybe they just ported it and added HD graphics. They had to do something other than that. Maybe they were fans and cherish the product.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

What bad HD remakes are you talking about? It was my understanding that most of them were fairly good.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mordukai

@Fish_Face_McGee said:

What bad HD remakes are you talking about? It was my understanding that most of them were fairly good.

The only poor HD remake I can think of is the Silent Hill one. Other then that every HD remake I played were pretty awesome.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Sambambo

I am under the impression that most ports are well done.

Some examples would help your cause.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A recent one would be Silent Hill HD Collection. Silent Hill 2 was horrendous, the developer took away everything that made it awesome. Now it's just a silly little mess.

I admit that some are just as good as the original.

I would love to see the GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas remade in HD.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gargantuan

I've only played the Halo CE and The Secret of Monkey Island HD remakes and they are both great.

Could you give some examples of these bad remakes you're talking about?

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Sambambo

@piggsy1992 said:

A recent one would be Silent Hill HD Collection. Silent Hill 2 was horrendous, the developer took away everything that made it awesome. Now it's just a silly little mess.

I admit that some are just as good as the original.

I would love to see the GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas remade in HD.

The exception is not the rule.

The Silent Hill remake sucked, not many others do.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By killacam

HD remakes are awesome! (for the most part/port)

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By jking47

Don't really know which HD remakes you are referring to, besides the silent hill one. Are you just a huge silent hill fan?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just ignore what I said. I was just making a blog post.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11  Edited By zyn

When HD remakes are poor, I assume that it's just a quick and easy way for developers to make money on nostalgia. That being said, I haven't played nor purchased any HD remake collections at this time.

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Philantrophy

If it's not anything technical, maybe the game just didn't age well?

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By habster3

Most remakes have been pretty good so far. However, there have been a few less-than-stellar remakes so far, and you can blame that on bad porting.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By TrashMustache

HD remakes make your beloved old games HD , compile them into 2 to 3 game bundles for 40 bucks or less and add trophy/achievement support, what's more to want? I mean what do you expect really? that they rebuild it from the ground up? In most cases the framerate issues are fixed, the game looks better and the main draw is to replay games you used to love, for them it's making money off of our nostalgia and maybe draw in new players. Win-win Situation. Maybe you think the HD remake is bad because the game itself doesn't hold up or the game was bad to begin with but you didn't realize it back then. That's unlikely however as they only remake classics and games held in high esteem. Basically I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DopeToast

I've played the Sly Cooper collection, God of War collection, Jak and Daxter collection, and Ico and Shadow of Colossus one and have had great experiences with all of them. The only complaint I have about any of them is that the cut scenes in the God of War collection weren't updated for HD like the rest of the game was, so they kind of stick out. Other than that though, they have been great. The frame rate is great in all of them and they all look great in widescreen HD. And they are pretty well priced too. I'm really looking forward to the Ratchet and Clank collection because I only played the first one on the PS2.