Heavy Rain doesn't suck!

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Edited By AutomaticSnake

Ok one of my predictions was wrong but at least i admit it. Heavy Rain turned out to be an ok game. It's pretty lengthy and even has a lot of replay value. Also the story is pretty damn good from what i heard. It's not over the top but another above average game worth getting for the best console, the trey :P. I'm not paying full price for it though lol!! Other average games like Dantes Inferno and Bioshock 2 i'll wait for price drop, cuz they not worth full price.

Games wroth full price this year are games like God of War III, Mass Effect 2, Gran Turismo 5, Last Guardian, Dead Rising 2.. ect... the real big games of 2010. Only 1 360 console exclusive lol.

EDIT: Sorry i posted this on forums by mistake lol!

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AutomaticSnake

Ok one of my predictions was wrong but at least i admit it. Heavy Rain turned out to be an ok game. It's pretty lengthy and even has a lot of replay value. Also the story is pretty damn good from what i heard. It's not over the top but another above average game worth getting for the best console, the trey :P. I'm not paying full price for it though lol!! Other average games like Dantes Inferno and Bioshock 2 i'll wait for price drop, cuz they not worth full price.

Games wroth full price this year are games like God of War III, Mass Effect 2, Gran Turismo 5, Last Guardian, Dead Rising 2.. ect... the real big games of 2010. Only 1 360 console exclusive lol.

EDIT: Sorry i posted this on forums by mistake lol!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

The last sentence just screams "I'm a PS3 fanboy"

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Sambambo

Last Guardian and Dead Rising 2 have had very little info put out.

How are you sure that they will be worth full price?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Yukoei

Havent played the demo, whats wrong with it?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zeforgotten
@CL60 said:

" The last sentence just screams "I'm a PS3 fanboy" "

At least he admits it instead of doing the dumb fanboy that keeps saying:
"I own all 3 consoles which means I can't be a fanboy"
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee
@ZeForgotten said:
"@CL60 said:

At least he admits it instead of doing the dumb fanboy that keeps saying:"I own all 3 consoles which means I can't be a fanboy" "

But he has a mass effect avi!...this is one confused fanboy =O
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@ZeForgotten said:
" @CL60 said:

At least he admits it instead of doing the dumb fanboy that keeps saying:"I own all 3 consoles which means I can't be a fanboy" "
I don't see how that makes it any better, it was a completely pointless comment.
I can just as easily say that the only PS3 title worth buying this year is Last Guardian.  LOL!

Being uninterested in the other titles personally doesn't mean much.  The 360 easily has just as many big games coming this year as the PS3.  Infact I believe it's more.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MrKlorox

Heavy Rain is the exclusive that has most made me want to own a PS3. I really enjoyed Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy, and an updated less-paranormal sci-fi version of that style sounds like a lot of fun.

edit: Love the PS3 fanboyism with the MS exclusive character avatar.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Ineedaname
@AutomaticSnake: What are you basing your assumptions on?
Noxpectius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Noxpectius

Dont give a damn about two of those "must haves" of yours, God Of War III and the new Gran Turismo. I'll happily pay Collector's Edition price for Heavy Rain though.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xyzygy

Have you beaten this game? How do you know it's good? You're saying in your post that it's good because you heard it was good... :S 

Dude do you not know what Splinter Cell: Conviction, Alan Wake or Crackdown 2 is? Lol. Go look those MS exclusives up, they're going to be amazing. I know that for me, GoW 3 isn't worth buying because it's going to be a 10 hour game with no replay value to me - it's a game meant to make you say WHOA when you see epic scenes, and seeing them a second time won't deliver the same effect. I agree with what WinterSnowblind said.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By choffy21
@xyzygy: The green in font your name is in really made your tone crystal clear. I'm sure he played the demo, and was surprised by how much he liked it. I know I was. 

I wouldn't say there's only 1 360 exclusive that is a "must-own" title, but there are more on the PS3 (for me).
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By spankingaddict

i wouldnt call Bioshock 2 an average game, but dead rising 2, on the other hand, probably will be an average game :)

Ramyun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ramyun

Heavy Rain will probably be a very divisive game, a love it or hate it affair. From what I have seen and read, if you're very into plot and character development more than gameplay then I guess this game might be for you. But there seems to be something very novel about having a quick time event for pretty much every action in the game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

It's awesome.

evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By evanbrau

Loved what I played of it in the demo.

AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AutomaticSnake
@SuperSambo said:
" Last Guardian and Dead Rising 2 have had very little info put out.  How are you sure that they will be worth full price? "
Have you ever played ICO or Shadow of the Colossus? Last Guardian will be a masterpiece. And for DR2 well... first one was awesome, second looks just as cool.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By EpicSteve
@CL60 said:
Totally.
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Whisperkill
@CL60 said:
Indeed. It leaves a really horrible taste in my mouth. This guy is just a troll
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FirePrince

Yup.Still a interactive cutscene.OH WAIT.I AM A 360FANBOY.No.I have an opinion.I just can't understand this game.Go watch a movie or something.
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By TheHBK

Agree, not worth full price.  It is an engaging game but you just get the feeling you will only play it once since it feels like a big ass QTE.  Seriously, some of their decisions are retarded, like having to press buttons to get through something?

n00d13z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By n00d13z

I don't think that anyone should really put down this game till they've played it. I've played the demo, multiple times. And i've found it to be really fun. The gameplay isn't for everyone. If you love fast action from Halo or COD. Then go play those. If you love narrative and character connections. Then play Heavy Rain. Not every game has to be "blam blam, what a noob, learn to shoot". I find people whom can't believe that games can't be fun without shooting people, to be extremely naive. If it's not your type of game, then don't bash it or play it. Leave it be.
FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FirePrince

A good narative and a story cant hold toghether a game.The only game I recall making me realy care about the caracters was MassEffect 2.And the characters in the game look like they just hate they got to star in "Heavy Rain".And the voice acting is so lifeless.I know the game is supposed to do that,but I play games to unwind,not to be stressed.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Evilsbane
@AutomaticSnake said:
" Only 1 360 console exclusive lol.  "
And now ill never give your opinion a second thought.
papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By papercut

I'm not a big fan of some of the voice acting and that hookers face screams uncanny valley. 

But besides that I'm all for the game!

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By get2sammyb

I've beaten Heavy Rain and it's amazing. If that helps anyone's purchasing decision.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Sambambo
@AutomaticSnake said:
" @SuperSambo said:
" Last Guardian and Dead Rising 2 have had very little info put out.  How are you sure that they will be worth full price? "
Have you ever played ICO or Shadow of the Colossus? Last Guardian will be a masterpiece. And for DR2 well... first one was awesome, second looks just as cool. "
Have you ever seen The Godfather Part 1 or 2? Part 3 must be masterpiece!
baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By baconbits33
@n00d13z said:
" I don't think that anyone should really put down this game till they've played it. I've played the demo, multiple times. And i've found it to be really fun. The gameplay isn't for everyone. If you love fast action from Halo or COD. Then go play those. If you love narrative and character connections. Then play Heavy Rain. Not every game has to be "blam blam, what a noob, learn to shoot". I find people whom can't believe that games can't be fun without shooting people, to be extremely naive. If it's not your type of game, then don't bash it or play it. Leave it be. "
Now I agreed with your first and last sentences completely however you contracted your statements when you did the whole "blam blam, what a noob, learn to shoot" thing, that is a minority of gamers who do that, most people who play shooters aren't complete douches to one another. Anyways.... I personally didn't like the demo of Heavy Rain however I see how it can appeal to another person and that's great, however I prefer intense shooters with very engaging storyline, so in my opinion; To each his own.
GregariousGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GregariousGreg

When I played the demo for the game I thought I would dislike the combat. But when I played it  I enjoyed it. Mostly because I felt pressure not to mess up but since you don't fail if you mess up there wasn't stress. My main problems were that I haven't memorized the PS3 controllers buttons well yet so that makes me mess up, however that is my fault. I also disliked having to hold the trigger to move because that  felt unnecessary. However I am still unsure if I want to get it.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By teh_destroyer

Seeing as how Indigo Prophecy was a multi platform game, I am pretty sure it will make its way to the pc and xbox 360 at some point in time. So I am not worried about not playing it at the moment. 

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Alphiehyr
@AutomaticSnake said:

"Heavy Rain doesn't suck!"

In your opinion.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By iam3green

is this game out yet? from what i have seen it looks like a great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

You say lol a lot for no reason and instead of "because" you say "cuz", and this is why I take you very seriously.
Avatar image for strikerthelizard
StrikerTheLizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By StrikerTheLizard

Because exclusive = good, right?
Right?

Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ben99
It has no gameplay mechanic that's exciting. I think real time events is  just a stupid mechanic . I'd rather watch a blueray movie instead