Help with my TV

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So I have a Vizio V505-H19. Had it for two weeks. Occasionally it would just restart itself and no matter what, I couldn't figure out what was causing it. I tested like crazy and now noticed it happens after a short period of time when HDR is on. Is there a way to fix this? I know people recommend to do the TV reset with the power button held and whatnot, I did this several times and even did a factory reset. I just wanna be able to use HDR still because it looks great and I'm not willing to give it up.

Do I just need to return it and get out of using Vizio?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I wonder if it has something to do with your power source? Is it plugged into the wall directly or a power strip?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xanadu: I tested both. Had it on a surge protector. Now it is directly on the wall outlet. Same issue.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

What do you mean by "restart?" Like, the TV shuts off, or the screen just goes blank before coming back? I had a Vizio a while back that would lose its signal periodically when using any kind of 4k device. The screen would go black for a few seconds with a "no signal detected" message before coming back on.

It has something to do with it not processing the 4k signal coming from my Pro correctly. It would work fine if I went back down to 1080, but that kind of defeated the point. I heard that running things through a splitter could solve the issue, but I just went for a Samsung TV that did HDR instead.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therealturk: By restart i mean it would shut all the way off and then come back on in about 30 seconds to a minute. Black screen. Power light flashed. And then I would have to select the input. Sometimes I would have to manually turn the TV back on

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ry_Ry

@kaos_cracker: Does this happen with your smart tv apps or on your input devices? If you're using a device (like a ps4) try turning off HDCP and see what happens.

Either way I'd suggest returning this specific TV.

RobertForster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds like a problem with the TV's computer chip; maybe even the software. You should send it back to the manufacturer asap.

Avatar image for jackiechansuncl
JackieChansUncl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you said you tested the whole directly in the outlet, and also in a surge protector. But you didn't use the surge protector in the same outlet by chance did you?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackiechansuncl: No I ended up changing the outlet too for that. I ended up returning the TV and am gonna buy another brand.