Here's to a great 2009 + Completed Games in 2008

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Edited By darro

First of all, I would like to wish you all a very happy 2009 and if its as good as 2008 was in gaming, then it will be something special indeed.  The first three months see big releases especially from Capcom with the likes of Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5.  Hopefully they are great games and I am sure they will be.

Remember at the start of 2008 over at the other site, I compiled a few gaming resolutions and one of them was to complete 40 games by the end of the year.  Since it is officially 2009 and 2008 has come and gone, I should go through those resolutions I came up with and see if I actually did any of them.  The resolutions were:

1. Complete Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed & COD 4 by the end of the month
2. Complete Final Fantasy IV, VI & VIII by the end of the summer.
3. Beat Hard Career in Guitar Hero III (One is still blocking my path).
4. Complete Half-Life 2 and its episodes.
5. Complete Banjo-Tooie.
6. Complete at least 40 games by the end of the year.

So did I complete any of them?  The answer is no due to the fact that there were so many great games out in 2008 that it was hard to do some of them with the stellar list that came out.  I maybe could have done some over the summer but of course, other games got in the way and thus they were left in the dust.  The first resolution I did 2 thirds of (I just couldn't be bothered finishing Assassin's Creed since that game is boring as hell once the free running novelty wears off).  The second resolution I played a bit of FF IV (the DS version) and got a good bit into FF VI before I screwed up something in it and can't be bothered fixing it (it was picking the wrong characters and not being able to change them unless you travel all the way back to a certain location).  I tried to beat One but I just couldn't get past the same part due to the fact that I can't double-strum well. Played about a total of 2 hours or so of Half-Life 2 so it was a waste of a resolution.  Never touched Banjo-Tooie but completed the first one again on XBLA and got 200 points in the process.  And what about the last one?  Well, the following is the list of games I completed in 2008 even though some of them I have already completed before so they can be excluded if you wish from your point of view.  Here they are:

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

2. Mass Effect

3. Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

4. Rocket Knight Adventures (Again)

5. Army of Two

6. Lost Odyssey

7. Ouendan 2

8. Elite Beat Agents

9. Rainbow Six Vegas 2

10. Super Smash Bros Brawl (SSE Mode)

11. Arrow Flash

12. God of War: Chains of Olympus

13. GTA IV

14. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

15. Dark Sector

16. Triggerheart Excelica

17. Megaman 8

18. Conker's Bad Fur Day (Again)

19. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

20. Nights: Journey of Dreams

21. No More Heroes

22. Braid

23. Haze

24. Contra XBLA (Twice but its damn short anyway)

25. Cars Mater-National

26. Castle Crashers

27. Lost: Via Domus

28. Legend of the Mystical Ninja

29. Dynasty Warriors Gundam (Official Mode + Original Mode with 1 character)

30. Dragonball Z Burst Limit (Z Chronicles)

31. Too Human

32. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

33. Gears of War 2

34. Banjo-Kazooie XBLA

35. Gunstar Heroes (Again)

36. Saints Row 2

37. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

As you can see I completed 37 games this year, which was close but if you exclude the ones I already have completed before, its more like 33.  Some of the games are short anyway while a few are RPGs thus I am a little happy on that.  I plan to beat more than I did in 2008 this year since I was close to getting to the 40 mark but failed.  I would like to see from you guys what games you completed in 2008 and see how each list differs from one another. 

I ain't going to bother doing gaming resolutions for this year since I didn't complete any last year but who knows, I might change my mind in due time.  BTW, if you are wondering why I haven't been doing my Best of Awards, its because I can't be bothered doing them to tell you the truth since the last one was a disaster with the syncing issues and it goes too long whether I want it to or not.  If anyone would like to know my GOTY, PM me if you wish but I will continue with the awards but in text format so everyone can read it and thus don't have to waste 20 mins watching yours truly bore the hell out of you guys. :P

Anyway, once again have a great new year and keep on gaming.

Toodles!
darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By darro

First of all, I would like to wish you all a very happy 2009 and if its as good as 2008 was in gaming, then it will be something special indeed.  The first three months see big releases especially from Capcom with the likes of Street Fighter IV and Resident Evil 5.  Hopefully they are great games and I am sure they will be.

Remember at the start of 2008 over at the other site, I compiled a few gaming resolutions and one of them was to complete 40 games by the end of the year.  Since it is officially 2009 and 2008 has come and gone, I should go through those resolutions I came up with and see if I actually did any of them.  The resolutions were:

1. Complete Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed & COD 4 by the end of the month
2. Complete Final Fantasy IV, VI & VIII by the end of the summer.
3. Beat Hard Career in Guitar Hero III (One is still blocking my path).
4. Complete Half-Life 2 and its episodes.
5. Complete Banjo-Tooie.
6. Complete at least 40 games by the end of the year.

So did I complete any of them?  The answer is no due to the fact that there were so many great games out in 2008 that it was hard to do some of them with the stellar list that came out.  I maybe could have done some over the summer but of course, other games got in the way and thus they were left in the dust.  The first resolution I did 2 thirds of (I just couldn't be bothered finishing Assassin's Creed since that game is boring as hell once the free running novelty wears off).  The second resolution I played a bit of FF IV (the DS version) and got a good bit into FF VI before I screwed up something in it and can't be bothered fixing it (it was picking the wrong characters and not being able to change them unless you travel all the way back to a certain location).  I tried to beat One but I just couldn't get past the same part due to the fact that I can't double-strum well. Played about a total of 2 hours or so of Half-Life 2 so it was a waste of a resolution.  Never touched Banjo-Tooie but completed the first one again on XBLA and got 200 points in the process.  And what about the last one?  Well, the following is the list of games I completed in 2008 even though some of them I have already completed before so they can be excluded if you wish from your point of view.  Here they are:

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

2. Mass Effect

3. Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

4. Rocket Knight Adventures (Again)

5. Army of Two

6. Lost Odyssey

7. Ouendan 2

8. Elite Beat Agents

9. Rainbow Six Vegas 2

10. Super Smash Bros Brawl (SSE Mode)

11. Arrow Flash

12. God of War: Chains of Olympus

13. GTA IV

14. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

15. Dark Sector

16. Triggerheart Excelica

17. Megaman 8

18. Conker's Bad Fur Day (Again)

19. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII

20. Nights: Journey of Dreams

21. No More Heroes

22. Braid

23. Haze

24. Contra XBLA (Twice but its damn short anyway)

25. Cars Mater-National

26. Castle Crashers

27. Lost: Via Domus

28. Legend of the Mystical Ninja

29. Dynasty Warriors Gundam (Official Mode + Original Mode with 1 character)

30. Dragonball Z Burst Limit (Z Chronicles)

31. Too Human

32. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

33. Gears of War 2

34. Banjo-Kazooie XBLA

35. Gunstar Heroes (Again)

36. Saints Row 2

37. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

As you can see I completed 37 games this year, which was close but if you exclude the ones I already have completed before, its more like 33.  Some of the games are short anyway while a few are RPGs thus I am a little happy on that.  I plan to beat more than I did in 2008 this year since I was close to getting to the 40 mark but failed.  I would like to see from you guys what games you completed in 2008 and see how each list differs from one another. 

I ain't going to bother doing gaming resolutions for this year since I didn't complete any last year but who knows, I might change my mind in due time.  BTW, if you are wondering why I haven't been doing my Best of Awards, its because I can't be bothered doing them to tell you the truth since the last one was a disaster with the syncing issues and it goes too long whether I want it to or not.  If anyone would like to know my GOTY, PM me if you wish but I will continue with the awards but in text format so everyone can read it and thus don't have to waste 20 mins watching yours truly bore the hell out of you guys. :P

Anyway, once again have a great new year and keep on gaming.

Toodles!
Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Brandy

37 games is still nothing to sneeze at. I don't keep track (as in, on paper) of what games I complete and when, but maybe I should start. Would be interesting to see how many I actually finish in a year's time.

EvilPirateJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By EvilPirateJohn

I also get so far behind playing games as well.  Here's my list:

PS3
LBP

Alone in the Dark
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Battlefield: Modern Combat
Blazing Angels 2
Call of Duty: World at War
The Club
Condemned 2
Crackdown
Dead Rising
Dark Sector (I will complete this tonight or tomorrow...and it's awesome)
Earth Defense Force 2017
Enchanted Arms
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Fracture
Frontlines
GTA4
Just Cause
Kameo
Lego Batman
Lost Planet
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Mass Effect
NFS:MW
Oblivion
Orange Box - Everything
Phantasy Star
PGR3
Pure
The Simpsons Game
Tales of Versperia
Tony Hawk's American Wastland
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Turok
Wartech
X-Men

Wii

Blast Works
Excite Truck
Twilight Princess
Manhunt 2
Mario Kart Wii
Super Paper Mario
SSBB
Tales of Syphonia
Zack & Wiki

Also, a lot of DS games.

The only other last gen games that I would eventually like to complete are Fable and FF XII.

stanhigareda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By stanhigareda

Happy  new busy year... :)

visionarygs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By visionarygs

Your going to be one busy gamer, Happy New Year man.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By AndrewGaspar

How do you guys have time to play so many games?

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Happy new year.  37 is a fair number of games to finish in a year.  I'm going to count how many I've played myself, I don't really have a clue how many it will be though.

Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By lightwarrior179

Completing 37 games is quite an achievement and you should be proud of it.

I haven't completed many games this year but the ones I have have given me tons of great memories. :D
darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darro

AndrewGaspar, the first 4 months of the year, I was unemployed looking for a job thus I had pretty much all the time in the world to play games and finished a fair few during those months.  Then I got a job and it dropped considerably due to the fact I couldn't enjoy playing as more due to the fact I hated the job I was in with a passion and quit after 2 months then I spent the summer playing games then got my job, which I am currently in in September and my game completion went down quite a bit since Gears of War 2 was the first game I completed since September.  Gunstar Heroes was earlier in the year but forgot to add it during that time.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By DBoy

I can't remember the exact number of games I completed in 08, but there were a couple for sure.  Hope you can realize all of those resolutions and add Fallout 3 to the list.
Happy New Year man.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played some of those. Some of the best experiences for me were GTA IV, Saints Row 2 (aside some annoying problems), Gears of War 2 and Braid.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By roushimsx

What was the length of Dynasty Warriors Gundam like for both modes? I recently picked it up and I'm intending to play through it this year, but its length will kind of govern when I fit it in.

Rocker500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rocker500

Damn, 33 is still really close, Darro. Good job.

JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JonnyAvacado

Awesome job dude, wow that's alot of games...Happy New year brother...here's to another great gaming year!

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RenegadeSaint

Impressive list.  Mine isn't quite that long.