Hey go vote

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@justin258: Just wanted to say that I appreciate your post, It always makes me feel good to know that there are people who can approach politics with a civil and measured approach instead of immediately digging into their trench and considering all opposing viewpoints as hostile. The whole point of a democracy is that people are supposed to disagree with each other. It's good that people feel so passionately about politics right now, it's bad that people would rather paint entire swaths of the population as awful people then look at these things with the nuance that it deserves. Like you said, when people resort to name calling and insults it does nothing but further radicalize people on both sides of the spectrum.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52 Ben_H  Online

Americans, please vote. The rest of the world is counting on you to do the right thing. Don't think we aren't watching the horror show that is happening in the US right now. Don't enable these people to keep being horrible to everyone. By voting, you can do your part to put a stop to the madness. It will only get worse if nobody puts a stop to it.

RubberFactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frostyryan: Sorry to hear that happened to you and your friend. There are definitely awful people out there, but saying Nazis are a regular occurrence in America is still severe Hyperbole and really with the state of things right now everyone should be trying to reduce statements like this that just further distort the truth.

DT9k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

hey yeah go vote

jacksmedulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am flabbergasted that this thread has not been locked yet.

Adding in my support for getting out and voting before it inevitably does! I've already submitted my mail in ballot.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Not sure why this thread should already be locked. People are promoting their teams & sharing their thoughts about the state of the country a bit, but it's not like people are going at eachother. Unless that all has been moderated away already of course.

The idea that you should care about your country & use your right to vote is a positive message that everyone should be able to support i feel. After all, you want the huge ship that is a country to be steered towards the course that the majority of people agrees with.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure why this thread should already be locked. People are promoting their teams & sharing their thoughts about the state of the country a bit, but it's not like people are going at eachother. Unless that all has been moderated away already of course.

Yeah, not even close to half as bad as arguments I typically see elsewhere on Twitter, Reddit, etc.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubberfactory: I would say that some of the things one side is doing hasn’t a hint of nuance or legitimacy. While it’s a good thing not to become too partisan, sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade and bothsidesism isn’t the answer.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Translation: go vote or go voat.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By impartialgecko

@bisonhero: voting is a partisan issue. It's been the political project of one party to restrict minority groups' ability to vote for the last 6 decades. Anyone who says there's a bipartisan consensus on the American people's positive right to vote is dead wrong. The Republicans have gerrymandered the vote away from Latino and African-Americans and the Democrats have put up a piss poor defence of them.

The right would lose if everyone voted and voted even within the general vicinity of their interests, which is why they've done everything in their power to discourage, disincentivise, and even prevent the poor from voting. "Go vote" is honestly some weak shit. Go out and vote blue. The Democrats suck but at least they don't openly support white supremacy and ethnic cleansing.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

@xhunterpaul: Cool dude. I disagree with my electricity bill every month and I still have to pay it.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By YoThatLimp
Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

The US voting system is really interesting to me - the fact that voter turnout is so low (and I know there are a range of factors impacting this) is crazy to me. Here in Aus, voting in elections is compulsory (you can be fined for failing to vote - you can still choose not to vote for any candidate by simply not filling in the ballot paper, but you still have to attend a voting office or postal vote). Last year we had a voluntary vote regarding same-sex marriage (the reasons why we had a vote about it, rather than just passing the law is however, a dumb political area) which was a postal vote and still had an 80% return rate - very high for an entirely voluntary vote. So yea, it's kind of ingrained for us over here.

So Yanks - go vote

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Yes, voting is good. I think we can leave it at that.