hi, can you give advice, the best gaming pc for playing games

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By AV_Gamer

Depends on what kind of gaming pc you want. If you want to do 4K gaming with modern games, then you want a PC with a Nvidia 3080 or a AMD Radeon 6900xt, if you want to play games with max settings, raytracing, and max gaming monitor refresh rate. If you're willing to tone down the settings, but still game at 4K, then you can get cards that cost a little less, like a Nvidia 2080, or AMD 6800xt.

If you want to do 1080p - 1440p gaming, then a Nvidia 2060 - 2070 or an AMD 6600xt - 6700xt are good for playing games at max settings, and allow for some raytracing as well. If you're willing to lower settings and not have any raytracing, then a Nvidia 2050 to a 1660ti is good. Or an AMD 6500. I personally don't recommend you go this low, but if you're on a budget, then do what you have to do.

Everything else for a gaming pc, you want at least 16gigs of DDR4 ram

A CPU that is modern or at least a couple of generations old. It doesn't have to be super powerful, a modern Intel i5 or a mid-range AMD 6000 series CPU is good enough.

And finally, when it comes to storage, you want at least a 1gig fast SSD for instant gaming access, with some additional high gigabyte HDDs storage for other media and backup games, since games now take up a lot of space.

With all of this said, I'd recommenced you buy a pre-build gaming pc instead of trying to build one yourself. It's actually cheaper to do so these days, because of a lot of single parts are very expensive, especially with graphics cards, even though the prices have dropped a little this year.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@av_gamer: im looking for a replacement for an old tv. I want 4k and heard oled or no led...i mean oled or dont bother.

I just need a small one for my desk. Do you know if any exist that arent the price of just getting another PC lol. Is 4k without oled a waste. If you know a good deal for someone gaming right in front of their screen let me know too.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By AV_Gamer
@topcyclist said:

@av_gamer: im looking for a replacement for an old tv. I want 4k and heard oled or no led...i mean oled or dont bother.

I just need a small one for my desk. Do you know if any exist that arent the price of just getting another PC lol. Is 4k without oled a waste. If you know a good deal for someone gaming right in front of their screen let me know too.

The thing with 4K is that it means the total amount of pixels on the screen which is a lot. And in order for a television to show those good pixels, it needs to be at a decent size. Meaning, most 4K televisions will be at least 50 inches or higher because of the large amount of pixels. There are some 4K televisions that can go down into the 40s, but many experts claim you're not getting a true 4K picture.

For you second question, no you don't need to spend the same amount for a PC to get a good 4K television. And even though OLEDs give the best overall picture, you don't need one to have a television with good picture quality. There are a lot of decent LED QLEDs that have great picture quality at a good price, with the only downside being it doesn't have perfect blacks like a OLED, but many have local dimming which brings the blacks close to the quality of an OLED with some blooming.

Like some may suggest, one of the best website to look at when it comes to televisions and overall electronics, is RTings.com

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just get a prebuild, unless you wanna pay out of your arse for a GPU

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

If you get a pre-built, double check the parts they put in there. They probably did put all of those things in there that people like to brag about - the nice RAM, the incredible graphics card, etc. - but too often pre-built PCs have shoddy power supplies or they've cheaped out somewhere else. If they put the absolute cheapest power supply in there they could get away with, or if it only barely has enough wattage to run your PC, you might wind up spending another hundred or two and doing PC surgery to get a decent supply in there anyway.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By FacelessVixen

Three questions before I spend two hours of my time giving advice:

1) What games do you want to play? 2) What resolution do you want to play said games at? And 3) How many bicycles were a part of the CAPTCHA?

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@av_gamer: Thanks, so i guess i should skip 4k for now and get a regular old tv. I game too close to the tv and dont need some giant one. Sad thou, was hoping to see the big hub bumb over what makes 4k so amazing to the crew and others online. I always assumed i wouldnt notice a big difference much like raytracing on some games after a while. Ill see if i can get some cheap tv to hold me over. Thanks

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

One promising thing I have read lately (pc gamer I believe) is that GPU's are now starting to become easier to find. Too late by a few weeks for me, I found a 3080 using the Newegg shuffle (a story in itself). But the companies I have seen, both not recommended and recommended by threads here for pre-builds, have either left me going bah (Alienware) or gasping for what others considered reasonable cost.

But more supply should lead to drop in demand and hopefully, drop in price. Building your own was the way to beat the game, and have your own stamp on choice of components, including aesthetic.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Budget deternines the two questions below.

1. What games you play will determine the CPU/GPU you cna get away with.
  2. At what resultion you want to play at, will destermine screen resolution and how far you sit will determine size.

There is nothing wrong with playing PC games on a big UHDTV. If you are not playing ultra-twichy games you might even not mind a 4K UHDTV upscaling your 2K (1920x1080) signals upto UHD-13840 x 2160.

However, If you plan to sit at a desk and want a smaller screen than do not use a TV, use a monitor. They do not make small TV that are good below 32", so it will be better to go for a1440pm monitor that has fast refresh and they bells & whistles you want like HDR, Free-synch, etc

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hmm... I'm unsure which prebuilt PC is right for you but it depends on your budget and the style that you prefer.