Home Theater headphone recommendations.

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

So my sister is about to have my niece in just a month or so. She is living with me and while she is here, I was gonna look for a nice set of headphones so I can watch TV or play games at night without disturbing the baby. What would you recommend as good sounding headphones for under 100 dollars? This will be used to play games as well as watch TV and movies.

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By arch4non

I'm using a pair of Sennheiser HD 202's, they have excellent range, decent bass, and they cancel out noise fairly well. They're also super comfy and don't irritate my ears at all. The cord is quite long, which is a bonus for some, but if a long cord is an inconvenience it does come with a cord wrap.

I got mine for $20, but that was over a year ago. They go for $20-$40 depending on where you get them. If mine broke right now I would probably get another pair as they're incredibly good at their price point.

Ayofiddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ayofiddy

the Philips uptown are pretty good for music, but i don't know about games. they have them on amazon for under 100. They are pretty comfy and have very little sound leakage, also they look really nice.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Zekhariah

I've liked the Audio Technica ATH-M30 set. No issues with ear pinching against glasses, good sound, and they seem durable. They are ~40 on Amazon. The slightly higher end model is M-40 if you really need replaceable bits (pad fittings, etc). Sony MDR line headphones tend to also come up in the relatively low price but still good headphone conversation (I'd spent a while looking at audio specific type forums before buying, might be worth doing right now as there could be some new/better sets available).