Horror fans: Can't remember the name of this zombie movie

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Hamst3r

I recall seeing this zombie movie nearly two decades ago, so it's probably nothing made after 1995.

It was in color. I recall the zombies having green-ish goop in them.

A scene I remember quite distinctly is one involving a woman in a cemetery. She punches a zombie in the face and the zombie's face just sort of caves-in. It's not solid at all, her fist goes right through and out the other side of the zombie's head. The zombie's face just falls apart as green goop spills out.

Does that ring any bells for ya?

edit: oh and it's probably not 60's or 70's. Probably mid 80's at the oldest.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HarlechQuinn

@hamst3r: The Return of the Living Dead 2 (source, site for cuts in German versions). The movie is awesome, like the whole series...

Edit: this time hopefully with text...

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

@harlechquinn said:

@hamst3r: The Return of the Living Dead 2 (source, site for cuts in German versions). The movie is awesome, like the whole series...

Edit: this time hopefully with text...

Duder! Thanks, it seems you're right! :D

It doesn't look exactly as I remember it, but that's probably because it was so long ago and I saw it on a really crappy TV.

Here's the scene in question:

Loading Video...

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Return of the Living Dead 1 and 2 are fantastic movie's. Both underated. You cant go wrong if you like naked chick's in cemetery's, face punching, kid's cussing, gun's, lot's of stupid people, punker's, stoner's, geek's. I'm pretty sure the conversation was, "Hey, I want to make a movie." "Ok go for it." "It's a zombie comedy." " I dont care what you do with it." "I need some money." "Ok here." And Dan o'bannon made a classic.

Whamola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan O'Bannon also wrote Alien, so I'm sure people were pretty comfortable giving him money from whatever project he wanted.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I feel like people have forgotten Dan O'bannon's contribution's to film, Alien, Total Recall, Lifeforce, Screamers, Heavy Metal. O'bannon still get's film credit. He wrote John Carpenters first film. I saw The Return of the Living Dead when I was Fourteen and it stuck with me. It is one of a handful of zombie film's that pull's off comedy and horror well, although that might be due after all these year's to the time's of the movie. It is very dated at this point. I still love it, the commentary on the dvd by Dan is amazing. Number two is just as good, although he was not involved.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hamst3r marked this as the best answer

Return to the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave, says 'Hey, what's up. I was terrible.'

@laserguy said:

The Return of the Living Dead 1 and 2 are fantastic movie's. Both underated. You cant go wrong if you like naked chick's in cemetery's, face punching, kid's cussing, gun's, lot's of stupid people, punker's, stoner's, geek's. I'm pretty sure the conversation was, "Hey, I want to make a movie." "Ok go for it." "It's a zombie comedy." " I dont care what you do with it." "I need some money." "Ok here." And Dan o'bannon made a classic.

If memory serves, the conservation actually involves George A Romero, with Romero going on to make Dawn of the Dead and John Russo making Return of the Living Dead. But yeah, Dan O'Bannon wrote some bangin' scripts (and a pretty awesome craft text book as well).

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11