Mayonnaise 12%
Relish 35%
Cheese 43%
Chili 44%
Onion 52%
Tomato 11%
Pickle 20%
Other (Specify) 15%

With Memorial Day (in the US) approaching we are hitting prime cookout season and that means hot dogs time. What do you duders and dudettes put on your dogs.

I'm either a simple yellow mustard and ketchup combo or chili, cheese and onion.

• 
asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I voted for plain, but will occasionally live on the wild side and throw some shredded cheddar on a dog or a brat.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just a single line of ketchup on the top.

If i'm feeling adventurous, I'll plop some cheese on there instead. But that gets heavy and cuts down on the number of dogs I can eat.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

I accept practically any topping except ketchup. Once you turn 10, you need to give that indignity up. The perfect dog would have brown mustard, onions and sauerkraut, although chili-cheese dogs run a close second. Leave the pickle and tomato for the burger (along with the ketchup). Chicago dogs ain't my thing.

SkinnerSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ketchup on a hot dog is a crime, Chicago style all the way and don't forget the celery salt.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to be a ketchup on a dog guy, but yeah... mustard man. Dogs go with mustard it’s just... nature.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I voted for pretty much every choice(except plain and mayo). I'd take pretty much anything on a hot dog. Depending what I have access to and what I feel like eating at the time. Not saying I would put all of that on at the same time, btw. Probably just 3 or 4 toppings at a time.

If I had to pick a favorite way to eat one, then I would probably go with chili, coleslaw, onions.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ketchup, mayo, yellow mustard, and relish. It's also bacon wrapped.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven’t made these in ten years, but I might make Bacon Burger Dogs again soon. Take a raw hotdog (Nathan’s or Hebrew National are my favorites), surround with cheddar cheese. Wrap in seasoned ground beef, molding into hot dog shape so it totally envelopes the original dog (and the trick here is to not make the beef layer too thick so it cooks quickly. Wrap that in bacon. Grill NOT on a hotspot and serve on a hoagie roll. They make you want to die in the most delicious way possible.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ltcolumbo: I appreciate the recipe. I will definitely give this a shot.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generally prefer my hot dogs one of three ways. Chili, Cheese, Mustard, and Slaw; Kraut and Mustard; or Ketchup, Mustard, and Relish. Basically mustard is almost required, and I'll go from there depending on what is available. Not too picky on the type of mustard, either. I prefer brown mustard, but a hot dog is one of the few things that yellow mustard is good for.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I prefer brown mustard of yellow by a long shot but I'd eat it if its mixed with ketchup. Haven't had a fully dressed hot dog in forever

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Ketchup, onions, mustard. Ideally drunk from a street or festival vendor for an extortionate price and you better spill most of the condiments on to your shirt. Man I could really go for a 'durger' now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NTM

Generally, just ketchup. I used to put mayo on it, but I think that's kind of gross now. Also, it depends on the kind of chili, but I'll put chili on them. I haven't had a 7/11 hot dog in a about ten years, but those were always pretty decent with chili on them. Lastly, I really dislike 'normal' hot dogs. The ones I'll eat (and I just ate a while ago) are arguably less healthy, but taste better to me. Which are the Johnsonville smoked brats. Costco also makes decent hot dogs.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm not a big fan of a "hot dog" but I do enjoy hot dogs covered in Melinda's Chipotle or either Ghost Pepper ketchup with some Chicago Fire mustard (contains Tabasco). On a lazy don't want to cook night this is one of things I might eat. The hot dog is just vehicle for the spicy ketchup and mustard to get in my belly...yum!

At my local Sheetz convenience store I might grab two hot dogs with ketchup, mustard, chili, nacho cheese, and bacon. When I open the foil wrapper it's almost impossible to pick up the bun without stuff getting on you. So good for crappy junk food.

Lucri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ketchup, Mustard, AND Mayo

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I usually put ketchup, mustard, onions on my hot dog.

matthewgm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not concerned with toppings either way.

The real crime is calling the cooking of hamburgers and hot dogs a "barbecue"

BBQ = low heat, slow cooked. I don't care what regional variety you subscribe to, this is sacrosanct.

Grilling = high heat, fast cooked

Meorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My buddies have recently turned me on to adding a local restaurant's wing sauce to hot dogs, and they're absolutely correct - it's delicious. You can get the sauce on Amazon.

Short of that, I'll take my hot dogs Chicago style.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has come to my attention that my adopted home city of Seattle thinks there's such a thing as a "Seattle dog," which is a hot dog with cream cheese and sauteed onions. There's a lot I love about this place, but this abomination is not on that list.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asmo917: The sauteed onions aren't my thing but I could at least envision them on a hot dog. The cream cheese though, that disgusts me just thinking about it.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted "other" since I switch it up from time to time. Chilidog, regional styles, bacon wrapped, etc.

Depends on how much effort I feel like going through. Whatever, man, hot dogs are delicious.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ketchup, mustard, relish. If it's a Costco hotdog then onions too.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ketchup, mustard, and I'll often have either raw, sauteed or crispy onions.

I've only had one Chicago-style hotdog and I thought it was bad. All the salad ingredients just made the whole thing cold and overpowered the meat. It was in Vegas which was maybe a mistake but I was disappointed.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I usually keep it pretty simple. Yellow mustard, ketchup, onion, and relish. If kraut is available that replaces the onion and relish. Chili dogs require no extra toppings or condiments.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meteora3255: I blame the lack of sun in the fall/winter. It warps people's brains and we end up with shit like this and flannel revivals.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Yellow Mustard, relish, tomato is the truth

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77  Edited By Sahalarious

I thought I was ok with being a part of society, then I saw that people voted for both Plain hot dogs and Mayonaise hot dogs and now I dont care if anyone lives or dies.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as it's vegetarian, chili cheese is my go-to.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#79 gamer_152  Moderator

Just ketchup. I like that sweet flavour but I don't want to stack a bunch of other stuff on my hotdog which I'll need to balance there to keep it from falling off.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven’t made these in ten years, but I might make Bacon Burger Dogs again soon. Take a raw hotdog (Nathan’s or Hebrew National are my favorites), surround with cheddar cheese. Wrap in seasoned ground beef, molding into hot dog shape so it totally envelopes the original dog (and the trick here is to not make the beef layer too thick so it cooks quickly. Wrap that in bacon. Grill NOT on a hotspot and serve on a hoagie roll. They make you want to die in the most delicious way possible.

Bacon Burger Dogs!

Good shit....but now forever tainted by association with Bill Cosby for a generation of kids.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Bare minimum is some ketchup

hawk767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mustard and Horseradish has become a recent favorite especially with fancier and really beefy dogs.

kurtbro900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

coleslaw, my man, coleslaw.

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By ltcolumbo

@shiftygism: yeah. :(. I mean...yeah. :(.

What would Cockroach say if he’d known.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By LeStephan

I prefer em with a little bit of sauerkraut on top and some mango or pear chutney with a little bit of homemade habanero hotsauce.

Im always down for a nice homemade chilidog too though!

cojack426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ketchup on a hot dog is a crime, Chicago style all the way and don't forget the celery salt.

My thoughts exactly, throw some sport peppers on top as well if you're into that sort of thing.

meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cojack426: ketchup with mustard is a perfectly fine option at a cookout.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I usually do Stadium mustard (Brown mustard with smoother texture) with onions on my dogs, but I can still go for a chilli cheese dog now and then.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It depends; if I'm in a hurry then a plain hot dog is fine. If i'm not in a hurry then I'll put, either, shredded cheese, spicy mustard or spicy ketchup on.

mrbene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asmo917: What abomination is that! Simply cream cheese and fried onions? My friend, you have been misled. A proper "Seattle Dog" is built thusly:

• Cream cheese
  • Corn relish
  • Fried onions
  • Hot sauce
  • Yellow mustard

Without the corn relish, you're in a sad state. I consider it to be more important than the onions. And you've got to have a bit of heat in there to mingle with the cream cheese.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrbene: The kind of funny thing to me is that the few places I've seen serving "Seattle dogs" are unlikely to include any of the corn relish, mustard, or hot sauce, but I have seen jalapenos included for the heat. Also - none of those things make the idea of cream cheese on a hot dog any less revolting to me.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as there is no mustard or relish Im open to putting it on a hotdog. prefer either ketchup or chili but never both

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chili, white onion, shredded cheese, and yellow mustard