How Can I Be More Active/Known in GiantBomb?

• 179 results
BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Kill other members and absorb their power. It's what I do...

...if I haven't done it already. MUHUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Ok, sorry that's kinda really fucked up. I apologize. As cheesy as it sounds, just be you. If you're interesting, people will give a shit who you are. If you're not, you'll end up like xXxIceCreamSam420xXx. Don't know who that is?

Exactly.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 35

Post a lot in the forums for the most obscure of your favourite games, and you'll be popular among that games fans.

Which leads to intimacy.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Karl_Boss

Make a lot of poll topics that people find annoying.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

Be a fanboy and a dumbass.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By EuanDewar

You need to put more time into improving the visibility of your Brand.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#57  Edited By pyromagnestir

@ssully said:

@video_game_king said:

@truthtellah said:

Pick a fight with @video_game_king and show that even a god-king can bleed.

Go ahead and try.

The moon isn't real, it's just a projection that the Government set up back in the 50's to get us to work longer hours. Given that fact, I deduced that you don't actually exist. You are either a deep cover agent working for the NSA that is watching over this little hostile community, or you are just a crack pot that has a power complex with being a king. In reality, you are no king, in fact you do not even like video games.

I thought video game king is an alt account all you guys share to post crazy stuff? I'm pretty sure the staff is in on it too...

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By TruthTellah
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, embed and/or link lots of irrelevant YouTube videos.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Video_Game_King

@truthtellah:

How? How could you possibly hope to match the infinite power of a King such as I?

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Kerned

Dick pics

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TruthTellah
Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By Tennmuerti
Herk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's day one on giantbomb, I'm in the mesh(?)... I look around and I spot the biggest, blackest motherfucker I could find and everybody's looking at me.

I walk right up to him and I say "What the fuck are you looking at?", he says "What?", I say "You heard me, motherfucker. What the fuck are you looking at?!". And then BAM, HE GOES DOWN, I'M ON TOP OF HIM, HE GETS SOME SHOTS IN, EVERYBODY'S GOING FUCKING CRAZY! EVERYBODY! MOTHERFUCKERRRRR!

From that day on, ha ha ha, nobody so much as look at me cross-eyed!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah:

Friends? I assume you mean the different video game characters I can become. If that's the case, who said I was helpless without them? I'm still quite the fighter, and this is by Lunarian standards. You can't hope to tangle against a being that can withstand temperatures below -100 Celsius.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By PillClinton

On third thought, HitmanAgent47.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Sextape.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AuthenticM

Don't. Come to Neogaf.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By chrissedoff

Post in every single thread. Always be a little bit argumentative or obnoxious or just plain stupid as all get-out, but never break any rules. Just make sure that every interaction you have on the forums makes people think to themselves, "Boy that guy kinda bugs me." Keep it up over a period of months and eventually people will start saying "Oh look it's @medalofmode behaving like a nitwit again. What a surprise."

And that's the surefire way to become memorable on the Giant Bomb forums. I don't recommend it. Just be yourself and don't worry about whether anybody notices you.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TruthTellah

@truthtellah:

Friends? I assume you mean the different video game characters I can become. If that's the case, who said I was helpless without them? I'm still quite the fighter, and this is by Lunarian standards. You can't hope to tangle against a being that can withstand temperatures below -100 Celsius.

Can't I, Chumpelupagus?

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MedalOfMode

Why do you care that much? That's an important question you should answer.

Other people have created cool things, written neat things, been assholes constantly, been insightful in lots of posts, or asked inane questions in multiple threads daily for people to riff off of. Joining in when people play games as a community helps, something I've never done.

People seem to recognize me fairly often on the forums and here is how I got there:

• I've hosted contests and mailed people prizes.
  • I told a crazy life story from my past that was interesting to people in a gossipy way (that was inappropriate for these forums), and then I met and fell in love with a hot girl on the site from another country, who's moving in with me next year.
  • I've also given people advice on depression, weight loss, and girls. And tomorrow I'm recording the first Giant Bomb Xtreme Girl Advice Line podcast.
  • I've interacted fairly regularly with the staff in a number of forums, and they know me and have done things for me in the past. I rewarded them with Deep Dish Pizza.
  • I write long and in-depth pieces on ancillary gaming media and older games that nobody reads. Don't do that.

Also, pick an avatar pic and NEVER EVER change it. It is the key identifier to your "brand".

I started reading comments and this one is very good.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've been here for a short while and, its not about being popular. Just have interesting opinions and worry more about the discussion then scoring points and you will naturally get people who will read your post, people like @sexytoad and @milkman always catch my attention mainly because I like hearing what they have to say on a subject. Biggest thing is to not troll and have fun. We may not know each and every poster but I feel pretty confident in saying that Giant bomb has one of the tightest communities on the webbernet.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Video_Game_King
VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By VoshiNova
mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Nude pics. All the cool kids post nude pics.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By Justin258

Post a lot. Blog some. Then post some more.

Alternatively, if you want your name spread widely and spread fast, start a bunch of really stupid blogs like Jay444111 or whyareyoucrouchingspock did. Which will, in-turn, make me Hulk out and post angry shit that must have no doubt been entertaining for some people. Fortunately, if you do this, you'll probably get yourself banned soon enough.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#78  Edited By SSully

All lies!!! Don't you know that the Earth was created in 1900, and man wasn't planted here untill 1952! Anything you think you know of before then is just part of an elaborate tale that the Government has spun to control us. It's all an interconnected web of lies, deceit, and control, and you are one of the itsy bitsy spiders spinning it all!

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By TruthTellah
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Video_Game_King

@ssully:

I'd say none of that is true, but your unfalsifiable stance is not worth debating.

@truthtellah:

Oppression of the proletariat? You project the flaws of your own monarchies onto my own. There is no such oppression up here. Under my rule, both video games and the people flourish and thrive. You shall not cloud that evident truth.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#81  Edited By laserbolts

Why do you want to be known? I've got close to a thousand posts no one knows who I am and let me say that it is GREAT.

No one expects anything from me or is watching me with their ever vigilant internet eyes, I'm carefree as can be.

I know who you are and where you live. I also like the shirt you are wearing today.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TruthTellah
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I mean, if you keep posting then people will get to know you. I got surprised when someone first said that he recognized my profile picture or something (probably not at this point since I changed it) but yeah, people will know. Arguments help too and so does trolling (effectively) but those two things can get people to dislike you.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Be a belligerent asshole and make inane rants about a game, mod or staff member you don't like. And then act surprised when people tell you that you're being a jerk. Then keep doing it anyway.

Don't do any of the stuff I just told you to do. Those people are terrible.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Video_Game_King
Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I posted this somewhere else but I think it applies here as well.

No Caption Provided

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@8bit_archer: :D Thanks, duder. Nice to know SOMEONE appreciates all the great work I do around here.

My general strategy for getting known is just post so much that people have no choice but to know who you are.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Be yourself, and start posting more about your interests and whatnot.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyromagnestir:

I never said such things. You merely twist my words into whatever meaning you desire.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rape a ghost like videogame king did.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By TruthTellah
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Video_Game_King

@truthtellah:

Ah, but tell me, whom do you have to thank for a moment such as that? Was it not under my reign that Ramza Beoulve was able to put a rest to the threat of the Zodiac Braves? Was it not under my rule that Seliph Baldos Chalphy freed the continent of Jugdral from the iron grip of the Loptous Sect? That Narukami pierced through the fog of falsehood to grasp the truth with his own hands? That Seto was able to trudge through the forgotten streets of Azabudai and secure the survival of the silver-haired maiden? That games reached the intellectual heights that even now go vastly underappreciated? That the industry as a whole recovered from the despair of the Crash? And you question my rule!?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Videogame king ate a car once

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By konig_kei

- draw a picture of one of the staff members and post it on here.

- write some giant bomb fan fiction.

- make a poll about which giant bomb staff member you would rather have sexual relations with.

- all of the above.

pick your favourite.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been here for a short while and, its not about being popular. Just have interesting opinions and worry more about the discussion then scoring points and you will naturally get people who will read your post, people like @sexytoad and @milkman always catch my attention mainly because I like hearing what they have to say on a subject. Biggest thing is to not troll and have fun. We may not know each and every poster but I feel pretty confident in saying that Giant bomb has one of the tightest communities on the webbernet.

Oh stop it, you.

A cool name usually helps, like SexyToad. Quick make a new account! But really, just don't be a jerk, be cool and so on.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah:

Ah, but tell me, whom do you have to thank for a moment such as that? Was it not under my reign that Ramza Beoulve was able to put a rest to the threat of the Zodiac Braves? Was it not under my rule that Seliph Baldos Chalphy freed the continent of Jugdral from the iron grip of the Loptous Sect? That Narukami pierced through the fog of falsehood to grasp the truth with his own hands? That Seto was able to trudge through the forgotten streets of Azabudai and secure the survival of the silver-haired maiden? That games reached the intellectual heights that even now go vastly underappreciated? That the industry as a whole recovered from the despair of the Crash? And you question my rule!?

That was the People, you fiend! The videogames fought through the darkness to succeed. They can sustain themselves without a false god-king! Hand over the star and accept your fate as a normal man above no other!

Avatar image for deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec
deactivated-63bbfc9f777ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers