Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420
I'm not delicious, I SWEAR!

Lethal Injection? I dunno.

It's always puzzled my mind, I'm all for treating animals with respect, I even try to avoid eating meat... sometimes.

So the question comes up, is there such a thing as humanely killing an animal? An animal that is destined to be eaten? Do slaughter houses even consider such methods? Not even the so called pampered Kobe cows are treated well, at least veal get to die in a few months, those Kobe cows have to endure similar conditions for years.

Maybe it's in my genes, my dad went through a similar "vegetarian" phase, and now it's my turn to come out of the closet. :0

And here's a link about kobe beef: http://www.gourmet.com/magazine/2000s/2007/12/kobe_beef_estabrook Not surprisingly outsiders are rarely allowed to visit these places.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420

Lethal Injection? I dunno.

It's always puzzled my mind, I'm all for treating animals with respect, I even try to avoid eating meat... sometimes.

So the question comes up, is there such a thing as humanely killing an animal? An animal that is destined to be eaten? Do slaughter houses even consider such methods? Not even the so called pampered Kobe cows are treated well, at least veal get to die in a few months, those Kobe cows have to endure similar conditions for years.

Maybe it's in my genes, my dad went through a similar "vegetarian" phase, and now it's my turn to come out of the closet. :0

And here's a link about kobe beef: http://www.gourmet.com/magazine/2000s/2007/12/kobe_beef_estabrook Not surprisingly outsiders are rarely allowed to visit these places.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

Killing another human = not humane
Killing an animal of a lesser race = depends

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By weltal

I believe it has something to do with the mind set of the individual doing the killing. If you enjoy it then your doing it wrong.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By artofwar420
systech said:
"Killing another human = not humane
Killing an animal of a lesser race = depends"
That's where I differ, I don't think any animal is "lesser".
banned8921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By banned8921

drown it. painless. Dont kill animals just eat soy killling animals is murder.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weltal
artofwar420 said:
That's where I differ, I don't think any animal is "lesser"."
Really? Not even mosquitoes or spiders? 'Cus I'm pretty sure they're a lot lesser than human beings.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By artofwar420

Yeah, I'm one of those people that carefully carries spiders outside.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

You know, people have complained for years about this "humanely" shit.  Here's what I say:

If go into the African savannah and a lion attacks me, you think there is going to be some form of meeting about how he didn't kill me in a "humane" fashion?

We're animals...whether you like it or not.  Whether ANYONE likes it or not.  Animals have been slaughtered for centuries upon centuries upon MILLENIA...and people seem to think that a little 40 year span is something significant?

People need to get over it all.  I think that if it's going to become food, then I don't give a shit how it's killed...as long as it ends up in my belly.  If it's for any other reason besides PRACTICAL clothing (leather basically), then you have no fucking reason to be killing it in the first place.

You kill lesser species...and yes, there ARE lesser species...for survival and necessity.  Period.  The idea that humans should be different in any way from the rest of the animal kingdom just baffles me.  Humans and their bullshit attempts at compassion...
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Hamz

When you kill something humanely its essentially a death for a better purpose or a death carried out as swiftly and painless as possible, atleast thats what i think.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Systech
artofwar420 said:
"Yeah, I'm one of those people that carefully carries spiders outside."
Then it pretty much depends on your belief set and it seems like you are uncomfortable with the habit of eating meat. I'm not going to say you should or shouldn't become a vegetarian because it is a pretty big lifestyle choice, and I don't want anything I say to affect that.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Rowr

yeh theres a difference between killing an animal slowly and painfully over the course of a few hours, or whacking them in a few seconds before their brain registers anything.

Now gtfo of here, i have a burger to eat.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I dont know, why dont you ask PETA? They "humanely" freeze dogs to death. I mean, who can be more humanitarian than PETA against animals??

Me? I respect them, but I wont neglect a piece of meat because its from an animal, its just plain stupid.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By weltal
artofwar420 said:
"Yeah, I'm one of those people that carefully carries spiders outside."
Then you are a fool! Don't come crying to me when those newly liberate spiders form a rebellion and attack you in your sleep! Never trust an arachnid.
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

artofwar420 said:
"systech said:
"Killing another human = not humane
Killing an animal of a lesser race = depends"
That's where I differ, I don't think any animal is "lesser"."
Arbitrary bullshit. Objective value doesn't exist. With that in mind, it really doesn't matter if we kill animals "humanely", by your definition of the word. I'd advocate efficiency above all else.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By artofwar420
Hamz said:
"When you kill something humanely its essentially a death for a better purpose or a death carried out as swiftly and painless as possible, atleast thats what i think."
That's kinda where I was going.

But on the other issue, I'm not gonna starve because the only thing available is meat, I'll eat it, it's fucking delicious. But my opinion is that we as a species should start thinking more about equality. We are not the pinnacle of evolution, but if we can do something to change the status quo, let's do it.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince

Animals are here to help us survive, so as long as they are killed in a way that's clean, I'm happy. The duty of humans towards the animals that we eat is to make sure that no animal goes extinct, and that's about it. In my opinion that is.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By artofwar420
DragoonKain1687 said:
"I dont know, why dont you ask PETA? They "humanely" freeze dogs to death. I mean, who can be more humanitarian than PETA against animals??

Me? I respect them, but I wont neglect a piece of meat because its from an animal, its just plain stupid."
I'm not fond of PETA specially their methods.
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Seeing as animals aren't HUMAN, do they needed to be treated HUMANELY? Now yes, I agree that animal abuse is bad, but there's nothing wrong with eating meat nor do I think there is anything wrong with "meat factories".

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By coakroach

I thought they numbed them with electric shocks before they blow there brains out
Better than shooting it with a bow, or a rifle
Not eating meat is unnatural, its too damn delicious!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jakob187
coakroach said:
"I thought they numbed them with electric shocks before they blow there brains out
Better than shooting it with a bow, or a rifle
Not eating meat is unnatural, its too damn delicious!"
Umm...yeah, you're right.  God forbid a human being could actually kill, skin, butcher, and cook their own fucking meals!!!
You Yanks drive me insane.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jayge_

The slaughtering regulations that Jews have been using for uh... a long time are interesting. The sharpest possible knife is used on a part of the neck that will ensure maximum blood loss and minimal (probably no) pain. For a long time, Giraffes were not considered slaughter candidates because nobody could determine which part of the neck was necessary to cut.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By artofwar420

I spent my earlier years in the most rural place you could imagine, I've seen chicken beheaded, sheep clubbed, skinned, and no at the time I didn't even flinch. But I guess I couldn't escape my hippy genes.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Absurd
artofwar420 said:
What does being a vegetarian have to do with being a homosexual?
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jakob187

I guess the real question is this:  what is humane about killing....EVER?

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By artofwar420

Like what is the least painful way of killing a human being.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who knows? You can't exactly ask them when it's over and done with, can you?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By coakroach
jakob187 said:
"I guess the real question is this:  what is humane about killing....EVER?"
So I don't have to eat tofu to get me protein fix
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jakob187
artofwar420 said:
"Like what is the least painful way of killing a human being."
It doesn't matter.  Is there anything humane about killing in the first place?  I mean, it's taking another life, whether it's a human or a cow or a chicken or a pig or whatever.
Answer:  There is NOTHING humane about killing.  The idea that people feel a need to add some falsehood to an already heinous act is senseless by its own right.

Therefore, people seriously need to stop crusading about this and just deal with the way the world is.  
Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Envision yourself inhumanely kill somebody? Then think of the opposite of that.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By Discorsi

NOM NOM NOM.

*puts ribs down*

meh..

NOM NOM NOM

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By artofwar420
jakob187 said:
"artofwar420 said:
"Like what is the least painful way of killing a human being."
It doesn't matter.  Is there anything humane about killing in the first place?  I mean, it's taking another life, whether it's a human or a cow or a chicken or a pig or whatever.
Answer:  There is NOTHING humane about killing.  The idea that people feel a need to add some falsehood to an already heinous act is senseless by its own right.

Therefore, people seriously need to stop crusading about this and just deal with the way the world is.  
"
Did you just flip flop? I don't oppose killing for subsistence. Just the way it's done.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Milkman
LiquidPrince said:
"Animals are here to help us survive
...Who decided that other animals were simply here for human beings to survive?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Human beings.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince
Milkman said:
"LiquidPrince said:
...Who decided that other animals were simply here for human beings to survive?"
The human race... Although, if you disagree, feel free to become a vegan. More meat for me.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It's a way to make people content with it.

Bullshit, really. If you're not OK with the fact that the animal you're eating was raised and killed for that purpose, PUT DOWN THE FORK.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Milkman
LiquidPrince said:
"Milkman said:
"LiquidPrince said:
...Who decided that other animals were simply here for human beings to survive?"
The human race... Although, if you disagree, feel free to become a vegan. More meat for me.

"
I'm not arguing that eating meat is wrong at all. I'm simply saying that to think animals only exist because humans need them is a tad bit ignorant. Does that mean that if every human died tomorrow that all the other animals would cease to exist as well?
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LiquidPrince
Milkman said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Milkman said:
"LiquidPrince said:

"
I'm not arguing that eating meat is wrong at all. I'm simply saying that to think animals only exist because humans need them is a tad bit ignorant. Does that mean that if every human died tomorrow that all the other animals would cease to exist as well?"

When did I say that was the only purpose they served? I said, they are here, we eat them, they help us survive. Although, if all humans did die tomorrow, the only purpose for the animals would be to survive. Not like they are doing any other worthwhile thing with their lives.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I`m also one of those guys that carry the poor little spider outside haha.
About the killing of animals, I think it`s wrong to kill anything that doesn`t really have a choice in the matter, a cow can`t say "You know what, can you not slit my throat?" but since this will happen anyways it should be a quick and painless method, a metal rod through the brain is as quick as it gets and the cow didn`t know what the fuck happened, but it some sad cases they slit the throats and let them bleed out, I'd love to see the same people who do this have it done to them, Karma will find it`s way : )

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LiquidPrince
Bucketdeth said:
"I`m also one of those guys that carry the poor little spider outside haha.
About the killing of animals, I think it`s wrong to kill anything that doesn`t really have a choice in the matter, a cow can`t say "You know what, can you not slit my throat?" but since this will happen anyways it should be a quick and painless method, a metal rod through the brain is as quick as it gets and the cow didn`t know what the fuck happened, but it some sad cases they slit the throats and let them bleed out, I'd love to see the same people who do this have it done to them, Karma will find it`s way : )"
An animals life is not equivalent to a humans life. That's not to say animals are not important, but they are not as important as a human. To think of animal and human life as the same is absurd.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40  Edited By atejas

I'm not going to be stupid and claim that we're doing the best thing for our survival by eating them, because we're perfectly capable of living of of a vegetarian diet.
Perfectly honestly, I don't really care.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Arkthemaniac
LiquidPrince said:
"Bucketdeth said:
"I`m also one of those guys that carry the poor little spider outside haha.
About the killing of animals, I think it`s wrong to kill anything that doesn`t really have a choice in the matter, a cow can`t say "You know what, can you not slit my throat?" but since this will happen anyways it should be a quick and painless method, a metal rod through the brain is as quick as it gets and the cow didn`t know what the fuck happened, but it some sad cases they slit the throats and let them bleed out, I'd love to see the same people who do this have it done to them, Karma will find it`s way : )"
An animals life is not equivalent to a humans life. That's not to say animals are not important, but they are not as important as a human. To think of animal and human life as the same is absurd.
 "
Why?
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LiquidPrince
atejas said:
"I'm not going to be stupid and claim that we're doing the best thing for our survival by eating them, because we're perfectly capable of living of of a vegetarian diet.
Perfectly honestly, I don't really care."
Sure, if you want to grow up sickly... My uncle is a doctor and he says that there is no substitute for the protein provided in meat. Tofu and all of that simulated protein doesn't match meat because meat has certain enzyme's not found anywhere else, which is essential to healthy up bringing.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Arkthemaniac
LiquidPrince said:
"atejas said:
"I'm not going to be stupid and claim that we're doing the best thing for our survival by eating them, because we're perfectly capable of living of of a vegetarian diet.
Sure, if you want to grow up sickly... My uncle is a doctor and he says that there is no substitute for the protein provided in meat. Tofu and all of that simulated protein doesn't match meat because meat has certain enzyme's not found anywhere else, which is essential to healthy up bringing.

"
There's bound to be a substitute. If there really isn't, we could probably synthesize one in a few years, if that. I think this is one of those things where the doctor lets his own views get in the way. I've known of doctors who have said a vegetarian lifestyle can work just as well.
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By atejas
LiquidPrince said:
"atejas said:

"
Nobody said anything about tofu.....hell, here in India, at least a quarter of the population is veg(my entire family is veg) and they're fine.
I'm not denying that those enzymes are helpful or anything, but I doubt they're that essential.
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By artofwar420
LiquidPrince said:
"atejas said:

"
This is not true. Protein is protein.

And I know this Indian chick and she is a vegetarian, she's not sickly at all.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LiquidPrince
artofwar420 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"atejas said:

"
This is not true. Protein is protein."

Tell me that when you have your PHD in medical science okay...

BryanBryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BryanBryan

I'd take an Indian over a White man view on this though. Like the buffalo, the Indian killed a buffalo, then used its meat for food, its skin for tps and stuff, it's bones for spear tips and arrowheads and weapons and stuff, it's sinew for bow strings even.  Pretty much everything on the buffalo.  Then white man comes along and kills it, skins it, and lets it rot.  There's a difference between killing for survival, and just killing stuff.  Not that Indians are perfect or anything, they did scalp people and do some weird shit.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Milkman
Bryan said:
"  I'd take an Indian over a White man view on this though. Like the buffalo, the Indian killed a buffalo, then used its meat for food, its skin for tps and stuff, it's bones for spear tips and arrowheads and weapons and stuff, it's sinew for bow strings even.  Pretty much everything on the buffalo.  Then white man comes along and kills it, skins it, and lets it rot.  There's a difference between killing for survival, and just killing stuff.  Not that Indians are perfect or anything, they did scalp people and do some weird shit."
That's a different kind of Indian...
atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By atejas
Bryan said:
"  I'd take an Indian over a White man view on this though. Like the buffalo, the Indian killed a buffalo, then used its meat for food, its skin for tps and stuff, it's bones for spear tips and arrowheads and weapons and stuff, it's sinew for bow strings even.  Pretty much everything on the buffalo.  Then white man comes along and kills it, skins it, and lets it rot.  There's a difference between killing for survival, and just killing stuff.  Not that Indians are perfect or anything, they did scalp people and do some weird shit."
Brotip: I'm one of the other Indians.
Yeah, those ones.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By keyhunter
humane 
c.1450, variant of human, used interchangeably with it until early 18c., when it began to be a distinct word with sense of "having qualities befitting human beings." But inhuman still can be the opposite of humane. The Royal Humane Society (founded 1774) was originally to rescue drowning persons.|

So basically drowning puppies is the most humane way of killing things.